Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 21, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2009
hm not as good as last episode. in fact, kou was slightly annoying this episode. why is he so gloomy lol. let me guess, parents divorced, brother fucked him over, so now screw family? :(
Jul 21, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
And the group is born :D

Kominato's so adorable. I love characters like him.

These early Futaba x Kou moments had me building the "Unstoppable FutabaxKou" ship but then "that" character came and I was torn. I'm still torn XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 21, 2014 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
Loved it :3

Can't wait til they catch up with the manga (hopefully xD)
Jul 21, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2012
The group is now formed. Still wonder what happen to Kou's past.
Jul 21, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2013
The music is really soothing, I love it. I even love Futaba face reaction expressions

Jul 21, 2014 9:47 PM

Apr 2014
"You can't get anything going if things always stay the same."

While I don't think Ao Haru Ride is a particularly unique story, I find it very sweet and charming! I like it quite a bit so far. What struck me at first is that Kou seems to be running from something in his past. There seems to be a lot more about the issues within his family than he's letting on. Additionally, on the subject of his relationship with Futaba, he seems to have built up walls to prevent emotions, or just love, after they may have both unintentionally broken each other's hearts.

I can definitely relate to both Futaba and Murao. When I entered high school, I also felt a strong desire to completely change who I was, but in the process, I lost touch with my identity. In the struggle to make myself someone who I wanted to be, I forgot who I was, and this anime makes the message quite clear. This anime won't be all about romance; both Kou and Futaba need to learn to find themselves before they can love each other, I think.
Murao's scene with the earbuds and her book are an accurate depiction of me on a Monday morning before school starts!

"If you lose something, build it again, and this time, with greater care!"

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jul 21, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2013
Just started this show and I've enjoyed what I've seen so far. I'm glad that I waited a few episodes before jumping in because things seem to have officially gotten underway in this episode and the "official" group has finally been formed. I've loved the humor so far and especially the character of Futaba. I love that little splash of hilarity that she has and her comedic/panicking expressions are priceless.
Jul 21, 2014 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
Knew he was his brother. So is this where it really begins with the first 3 episodes as more of a prologue?
Jul 21, 2014 10:55 PM

Feb 2014
So, I literally blazed my way through the manga in about 6 hours and I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they do an anime original ending, because the manga is such a disappointment and the anime has the opportunity to do so much better.
It's kind of like bracing for the worst the entire time through evvvveeeery episode.

[spoiler]
They're stuffing chapters in, so fingers crossed, because if it follows the manga we're going to either be left with a cliffhanger or completely upset and honestly by the time I got to the last published chapter of the manga I was so done. Everyone turns out to be such fucking morons.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jul 21, 2014 11:11 PM

Mar 2012
This anime adaptation is doing the manga so much justice so far. I could just cry from contentedness.

I really like they way they've been sprinkling the middle school scenes in here and there. I also somehow find the anime version of Kou much more sympathetic than his character in the manga; I don't remember getting a strong sense of humanistic vulnerability from Kou this early on in the story in the manga. Not to mention, Yuki Kaji is still doing a superb job voicing Kou. I'm also loving how they're handling Futaba's dilemmas; I've always founds these issues kind of juvenile in shoujo school life stories, but the internal dialogue is really working for me. My only gripe right now is that the music feels kind of over-dramatic and heavy-handed, but that's just my personal qualm.

For those who are worried about the anime ending on a cliffhanger or at a poor ending spot based on following the manga story...
Jul 21, 2014 11:39 PM

Jun 2012
:D I have this giant stupid smile on my face right now. Hopefully we get some cool interactions between the group next ep.
Jul 22, 2014 12:20 AM

May 2013
Really heartwarming episode. Kou was emotionally here huh?

Oh yesss, the leadership camp next week. Can't wait.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 22, 2014 1:21 AM

Jan 2014
glamazon said:

this makes me so emotional

also tanaka sensei <3
+1
Jul 22, 2014 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
I don't really understand why manga readers must post spoilers.thoughts about future episodes in this topic.
Even if you use "spoiler" there are people who don't want to look,
but at the end "Oh, just a little peek".

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Ok?
Jul 22, 2014 2:51 AM

May 2011
He hasn't fucked her yet It was a great episode, there's a huge progress in their relationship. So 3 girls will fall in love with him ? how lucky he is. :/
Jul 22, 2014 3:30 AM

Apr 2014
rodac said:
bigzzcobzz said:
I can't believe this is only getting 12 episodes... such a bad decision for such great story :(
I'm always exploding of anxiety for the next episode :c

I think the assumption is that unless this totally bombs (and I doubt it will), a second season is more or less a given with the series. The manga is still publishing so the production committee is probably taking a conservative approach to see just how the show does in terms of its sales as well as any increase in manga circulation. It would have been nice to see a full 25 or 26 this cour, but I'll hold out hope that we'll get that many in the second season.

I really hope it does! This anime is doing such a good job adapting the manga - all the key moments are handled beautifully and given enough time to shine.

I'm actually kind of surprised at the pace of it, I thought they would try to get through a lot more in the short season they're given but it seems like they really want to stay true to the feeling of the manga and not try to rush through it (like a lot of shoujo adaptations seem to do).
Jul 22, 2014 3:35 AM

Dec 2010
Lol, at the beginning I was thinking that it's good that the anime didn't have a too perfect setting - like Futaba and Kou are in the same class or something, and what do you know - the second part totally mocked me, lol. Sometimes I really feel uneasy about my intuition predictions, haha. But anyway, it's probably for the better, as this setting may lead to more interesting events in the future, although Kou becoming representative together with Futaba was way too perfect for my taste, but I guess this is a shoujo after all. I think it'd have been kinda more interesting if Aya got the chance to do it instead, but, well, let's see how things will go this way.

Anyways Aya seems to be my favorite. Though Kou isn't half bad either, lol
Jul 22, 2014 3:48 AM

May 2014
I didn't feel it this time, maybe I went in with too critical of mindset. Felt a bi preachy, but at least not pretentious. Now if adults had such basic grasps of handling a conversation, we'd have a better world. Starting something is nice, but have fun committing to it and staying committed with all the hindrances and annoyances of a creation process. But that's how romance relationships just are.

Kou is still being psychologically abusive and Futaba is slowly stopping being so naive. The supporting cast isn't anything special, but at least they're just as grounded.

3/5 - OK episode, wasn't really feeling it, but I can't fault it for that.
Jul 22, 2014 4:35 AM

Jul 2010
This is too good. An overload of cuteness and HNNNG moments fill my heart with this weekly dose of pure romance.

Kou is being more tsundere than an actually tsundere girlz.
Jul 22, 2014 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
That was really heartwarming
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Jul 22, 2014 5:05 AM

Dec 2013
This anime is completely tasteless, everything that's happened so far is predictable as hell. Dramatic shoujo wind, friend make though sticking up for them in a small manner, cool emotionless male lead, sexy free and single teacher, always embarrassed female lead with something to hide, student councils, it's literally making me cringe more than any other anime this season. Everything that isn't predictable comes across as plain annoying and lazy such as the art style. I'll give it one more episode before I drop it
Jul 22, 2014 5:31 AM

Apr 2010
This anime gives me a warm and bubbly feeling inside :3 Even though Kou can be pretty bitchy his emotional moments make up for it.

Always looking forward to next episode each time I finish seeing the most recent so I'd say good job so far *thumbs up*
Jul 22, 2014 5:50 AM

Dec 2012
damn... this anime, it had me grinning throughout the entire episode, i love it.
Jul 22, 2014 6:08 AM

May 2013
Their relationship is improving by the second. Just from seeing each other and talking. I'm starting to appreciate the romance in this. Pretty good scenes.
Jul 22, 2014 6:16 AM

Jul 2013
Weeeeee! They are all adorable! :3 and that embarrassed Kou when he wrote "Yoshioka Futaba" on his notebook, to much fangirling this episode! >////<. I'm glad that they relate/connect the past to the entire episode, I am loving this series even more!
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Jul 22, 2014 7:03 AM

Mar 2012
I'm pretty damn impressed by this anime so far. I'll admit, I have a soft spot for anime romances and this one seems to have a nice one blooming.

I see a lot of people (doing my best to avoid reading the spoilers) bringing up the manga and saying that it's not very good...or at the very least it hasn't been very good lately. I'm wondering if Production I.G. is going to do the same thing with this as they did with Usagi Drop. Stop it at a good part in the manga before things turn to complete and utter shit.

Or is there a chance for things to still shake out in the manga? I suppose I could pray for that since there's really no hope for Usagi Drop...since that's officially done...and so is the damage. There's no saving that travesty of a manga...unfortunately.
Jul 22, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
so Kou is capable of showing emotions afterall
Jul 22, 2014 8:05 AM

Feb 2014
I really like the OP of this anime, it's so heartwarming.

So the 5 main characters ended up on the same class and eventually volunteered to become class and event representatives.
Jul 22, 2014 11:21 AM
Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well, I didn't expect Kou to show that emotion this episode.

The episode was alright. I'm hoping for some more Yuuki development soon although I see her friendship with Futaba is still decent. Having Kou in class and sitting near Futaba got somewhat awkward though lol. Good to see Shuuko taking a more active role this episode as well. Hope to see more of that later.

SWEET
Jul 22, 2014 11:55 AM

May 2010
I really like how they keep inserting flashbacks in the opening scenes. And I love that OP so much esp. that Kou x Futaba scene near the end, I keep replaying that scene <3

I see Futaba is hiding a fujoshi inside her.That baka couple fight <3

I love all the Kou x Futaba moments, and I love how their are no shoujo blushes on Futaba's face.

Yeahh got Futaba, you can do it! And yes, Kou is doing it, too! (Why my memory sucks so much when it comes to shojo manga? I have totally forgotten these scenes when this is something importnant) Hell yeah, the gang is together.

Another amazing episode.
Jul 22, 2014 1:03 PM
Mar 2012
It#s getting quite shoujo.
I wonder about that cat in the OP and EP - I'd like to see more fo that, it's cute.
Jul 22, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
This series is doing well, and the characters are progressing and developing fine.

I like more the shojou manga that explores the characters and their stories rather than just the main couple.

This does that pretty good so far. I like how the hair is animated, it looks quite smooth.
Jul 22, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2014
I really liked this chapter and the final part of the charm when I came Futaba as class representative and also started out everyone else. Very funny.
Jul 22, 2014 3:43 PM

Feb 2014
I really like this series as well. This episode was so sweet. I really hope they don't mess everything up and have it end open ended or end satisfyingly.
somuchkawaiiJul 24, 2014 7:14 AM
Jul 22, 2014 9:06 PM

Oct 2013
I like how they are adapting this, the OP is amazing. still worried about how they'll end it though. Those KOUTABA MOMENTS, now I feel like re-reading the manga!
Jul 22, 2014 10:38 PM

Aug 2013
i'm so half and half with the pacing. i love the manga and the anime truly looks amazing but i'm mostly just anxious about which events the last episode will stop at.
Jul 22, 2014 10:53 PM
Oct 2013
ElenirLachlagos said:
It#s getting quite shoujo.
Wasn't that quite obvious since episode one!?
Jul 23, 2014 1:12 AM

Feb 2013
Love it!!!! Love this anime so much already!!!
Jul 23, 2014 1:47 AM

Jan 2014
Heart warming episode with Kou finally opening up to Futaba. The background music used for the scene was beautiful, certainly did what it was intended to do for that scene.

Felt sad seeing Tanaka sitting alone at the dinner table, it was hauntingly depressing. Just when I thought the first half of the ep was going to end with a happy ending.Really do look forward to finding out why Kou is refuses to have dinner with him.

Now with the main crew finally being assembled, really do look forward to see how they will gel together in the next ep

Jul 23, 2014 2:10 AM

Jul 2013
The cheesiness still made me cringe at times but the introduction of side characters really improved the mood. When it comes to shoujo romance like this, it's almost always the side characters that has the more interesting story and more natural interaction (Saki & Shougo, Ryu & Chizuru, Pin & Ayane, Mine and Kiyora, etc)

I'm really enjoying the OSTs though. Both OP and ED have really grown on me and that insert song.. THAT INSERT SONG!! The piano version was just beautiful.. I can't wait until it's released.
Jul 23, 2014 3:44 AM

Sep 2013
Nice episode. Kou is finally starting to open up and that heartfelt scene with Futaba awww.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 23, 2014 7:50 AM
Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
----------------------------------------

Well, I didn't expect Kou to show that emotion this episode.

It's called "what a massive hangover, I can't hold my head anymore dude!" emotion, yes :D
kcuf
Jul 23, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2008
It looks like Futaba will be making more friends soon :D Looks like currently Kou is the only one with the biggest problems in his life.
Jul 23, 2014 1:37 PM

Dec 2008
Is it just me or was Rin and Yukio Okumura from Blue exorcist at 12:44? :O
Jul 23, 2014 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
Not bad so far, but it doesn't stand out much either. I was told that it gets better later on though, so I'll keep watching.
Jul 23, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
And so the group has formed. And now, they're going on a trip, the perfect moment to make new relationship!

Kominato is hilarious. Poor him, Murao doesn't give a single fuck about him. She seem to dig Tanaka-sensei a lot.

On the opposite, Kou seem to have a really bad relationship with his brother. Something must have happened between them or just the fact that he didn't change his name must mean that he forgave or something like that the father or mother that is named Tanaka.

Futaba is now more energetic with Kou, less shy and clumsy. Well, we could see it coming with the scenes in the OP/ED. Kou though is still emotionless and look ininteressed in Futaba. Will probably change in the future.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 23, 2014 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
How every introvert wants to react to new people:

Jul 23, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2008
Seeing Yuuri's eyebrows really bother me. It will probably bother me this whole season lol.

I think she would be wayyyy cuter if they just copied the manga uGH.
Jul 23, 2014 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
The social dynamics in shoujo classrooms are always like this.
I thought for a second Kou would confess and they would get together.
There are far too few anime where the couple is established early on
Jul 24, 2014 2:04 AM

Jan 2014
pretty
damn
great
[right]
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

176 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 16, 2023 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.