Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2014 12:16 AM
Jan 2012
For people who's confusing or raging, this anime is now confirmed as "Side-Story", which cover only new extra scene, not actually "remake" entire story.

If you're not watch previous anime, or play the game, this is not anime for you, and stop raging please.
Jul 18, 2014 12:16 AM

Oct 2012
Stiff and pointless, MC has no emotions whatsoever, the worse anime episode i've ever watched(Probably).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2014 12:37 AM

Mar 2013
I thought the first half of new OP look somewhat familiar,turn out they just took it right from the game's cover.
Jul 18, 2014 12:49 AM

Jul 2012
This is 100% fanservice for people who are familiar with the series and I'm loving 100% of it. But yeah, it also means that new viewers will have no idea what's going on, and won't be able to enjoy it.

Also, for people complaining that all of the actual story is cut out: why would they bother re-animating the exact same scenes? Just watch the other anime or play the games.
HikigayaJul 18, 2014 12:53 AM
Jul 18, 2014 1:30 AM

Nov 2013
If your looking for an faithful adaption, look somewhere else.
Jul 18, 2014 2:04 AM

Oct 2011
Poor Yosuke.. even though you are in despair, it has amused your audience.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Jul 18, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2008
As an ignorant who never played the game, this adaptation has been a lot more enjoyable than the first.
Jul 18, 2014 2:10 AM

Mar 2013
midnightblade said:
Well Straggy, I agree in that Marie wasn't the greatest character from the game. I still enjoyed some of her social link days though..I actually thought it was cute to see her denying those poems though and seeing her get all flustered, I remember enjoying that in the game..

No, no, those awful poems are the worst part. It's like they were having a competition to see if they could create the worst tsundere they possibly could.
Jul 18, 2014 3:40 AM

May 2013
shadowtsunami said:
They are really messing up the pace in P4GA. If you didn't play the game or watched the original series, you wouldn't have a clue of how Kanji entered the story.

This series is just fanservice for those who've played the game/watched the original series.
Jul 18, 2014 3:48 AM

Jan 2013
I had to take a pause to figure out where we were in the story. Seems a lot more like a gift to fans than a show for people who are otherwise new to the Persona 4 story.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Jul 18, 2014 4:15 AM

Mar 2012
good episode
nice chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai reference
Jul 18, 2014 4:43 AM

Nov 2012
Damn that's a huge skip.... then again I suppose it would be lame if this anime is just a remake of the other one.... Oh well, at least I've played the PS2 game.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jul 18, 2014 4:47 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, this time around it has a lot more humor.. And I'm loving it!
Yu forever!!
Jul 18, 2014 6:47 AM

Sep 2007
Ohhh Yuu. I thought you were such a badass troll in the first P4 anime.

Your bad-ass-ness has multiplied by 10 in this one LOL.

And OMG I had the most HILARIOUS reaction when I realized they were combining the shopping and motorcycle trip in the same day.

Probably the same reaction as Yuu XD "ohSNAPohSNAPohSNAP" ROFL!!!

Ahhhh and Yosuke's huge OTL moment was so much more awesome animated that I couldn't stop laughing.

I love the "new" ending. So beautiful....hope I can find it subbed/translated somewhere eventually..
The OP on the other hand.....I wish they had put a little more effort in changing it up...

Well I'm going to have to 'officially' put the rest on hold from here on since I'm not this far in the game yet :(
IkanoJul 18, 2014 6:51 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 18, 2014 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
This adaption is absolutely hilarious!
I'm actually loving how this is completely light-hearted and how they skipped all the "serious" stuff.
It's great for any Persona 4 fan.

Also I'm in love with the opening video this episode. So goddamn beautiful!
Jul 18, 2014 8:47 AM

Feb 2014
new OP and ED.

I was laughing almost the whole time on this episode.

I feel sorry for Yosuke's bike.

The ED fits Marie perfectly.
Jul 18, 2014 9:45 AM

Apr 2014
Yosuke's bike took a critical hit, poor guy.
Jul 18, 2014 10:09 AM

Jul 2009
Zetsubo667 said:

I'm having a feeling they're not going to do Adachi's SL, I hope I'm wrong about this.

Pretty sure they're going to but most of them are not very substantial until after level 6 in the game. I wouldn't doubt if they just devote one or two episodes to that.

Also, I feel like they'll be dedicating two or three episodes to the ending, with the new bad ending and the new True ending (along with the winter sequence).

That being said, I can see this turning a lot more serious mid-to-late in the series.
Jul 18, 2014 10:21 AM

Aug 2012
Dat OP and ED, is that where all the visual budget went? xD

Putting that aside, this is pretty much a hilarious episode. Unfortunately, I needed to hold myself because I was watching this at a public place. Oh god, Yu'us choices are absolutely funny ;3 Gotta love this adaptation over the original.
Jul 18, 2014 11:43 AM

Oct 2009
Siscon Kingpin of Steel strikes again
Jul 18, 2014 1:13 PM

Oct 2007
I've of mixed opinions on this. On the one hand just going for a gag adaptation is kind of amusing, but it'd also be nice if we could have had a proper adaptation of the game to anime already in the first place as opposed to just saying fuck it more or less.
Jul 18, 2014 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know why but that HUGE time skip was hilarious!! I was literally lol-ing when Kanji just appeared out of nowhere acting chummy with Yosuke since we (the fans) know how they got acquainted in the first place XD

Man, the humor in this adaption is top notch! I love it when Yuu was deliberating between going with Yosuke's plan or Chie's and they play that (IIRC) game over music and then the battle music when Yuu & friends were competing for girl's numbers XD

Also that chuunibyou girl.. is she a reference for Rikka? if it is then awesome!

I don't know why some of you even insist that this has to follow the plot from the game because that'll be just remaking the original P4 anime. I mean what's the point really? it wasn't even that long ago. This anime is titled Golden and they ARE focusing on P4G contents. Plus considering the drastic change of tone from the first episode, I won't be surprised if this turn serious on the 2nd half of the show. One thing for sure is they definitely won't cover all the party members' dungeon. If you want to see that then watch the original P4 anime. I wouldn't even be surprised if the next battles we'll see is against the final villains of the game. The murders would probably be referenced but not delved into detail.
MoeGodJul 18, 2014 1:55 PM
Jul 18, 2014 2:12 PM

May 2013
I think this is okay like the first one so far but I got to say that major skip in days really caught me off guard. I was not expecting a month leap all at once.
Jul 18, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
I hope this anime picks up. it feels so slow. I want actual plot already ;(
Jul 18, 2014 5:15 PM

May 2013
ss4chris said:
Its just covering content new to Persona 4 Golden over the original of the game. It won't have a strong central plot outside of maybe Marie's story if they pursue that strongly.
Jul 18, 2014 6:37 PM

Sep 2007
Damn. Even with maxed stats Yu couldn't handle it.
Jul 18, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2013
lx_theo said:
ss4chris said:
Its just covering content new to Persona 4 Golden over the original of the game. It won't have a strong central plot outside of maybe Marie's story if they pursue that strongly.
I thought of this too since this was only going be a 12 episode series, but the people who haven't played the game are going to expect this to be a full adaption of the game. This adaption just takes away what P4 had going and just left the slice of life moments only. It's just a terrible adaption from someone new to the game.
Jul 19, 2014 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
Watching Yuu run around and try to do everything at once was pretty funny.
My Candies:
Jul 19, 2014 8:56 AM

Mar 2011
Lol @ the perfect plan. Such a hilarious episode.
Jul 19, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
Marie chan meccha kawaii!
Jul 19, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
I love that they're going with the new Golden material vs recapping what we've already seen (and played). Also, Yu's got a lot more personality/swag in this series vs the original. This was a hilarious episode and of course Otani-san comes in with the epic finishing blow. RIP Yosuke's ride.
dankzelJul 19, 2014 2:30 PM
Jul 19, 2014 6:55 PM
Mar 2013
That was hilarious! I thought the girl with the eyepatch was a reference to Tokyo Ghoul, another summer anime.
Jul 19, 2014 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
Simpli said:
That was hilarious! I thought the girl with the eyepatch was a reference to Tokyo Ghoul, another summer anime.

actually Takanashi, Rikka of Chuunibyou is very close reference to her since she said about sealed powers

anyway since everything already happened and skipped all rescue mission and its kinda redundant if they do it all over again, most of these are just free time during the game after the rescue inside the midnight channel

and its a good treat for the players who played this game very long time ago

I bet the only battle scene will begin during Marie's Event which is

If they planned to put a true end route then another battle will take place
Jul 20, 2014 3:53 AM

Jan 2014
Just got around to watching this. I didn't dislike it, but I did think it was super weird when I noticed how much of the plot they're skipping. So I guess they're going to skip as much of the original game's content as possible and instead focus almost entirely on the content that was in Golden, as well as other goofy stuff. I suppose that makes sense, and also explains why it's only 12 episodes long, it just wasn't what I was expecting. I'll admit, this is preferable to rehashing everything that we've already seen in the original anime, as that would have made 75% of this one pointless. This isn't for people who haven't already played the game, obviously.

I'm enjoying it well enough so far, but I only see this anime being "fine." Probably not bad, but not super great either. There's not really anything particularly special about it.
Jul 20, 2014 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
We are already in the close and personal plan, thats like half the game
Anyway funny episode had great time watching seems like this anime is just gonna be the Marie parts, makes sense after all we already have the other Persona 4 animation
Jul 21, 2014 12:29 AM

Jul 2012
Simpli said:

Hmm I disagree I thought it was more of a refrence to Takanashi Rikka from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

http://myanimelist.net/character/65865/Rikka_Takanashi

But that might be Wish fulfillment since it is one of my favorite anime along with Persona 4

Ah someone already pointed that out, Well good to know I wasn't the only one C:
Jul 21, 2014 2:42 PM
Sep 2010
ss4chris said:

You are missing the point here, this is what Persona 4 the Animation should be like.

P4AG nice job!
Jul 22, 2014 1:40 AM

Feb 2012
Can someone please seriously explain to me just what the hell is P4G??? Like, uh, wasn't it a remake of the game + Marie? So uh, what did they do in the anime now? Like, are they just showing the fun parts and not showing plot or?

Not that I'm complaining, I love it a lot. Just wondering.

I still can't get used to seeing Yu being so hilarious and all. I mean, he was hilarious, but damn, this was just plain crack.

I keep on losing it every time his glasses appears out of nowhere, and those OST that ((doesnt)) match what was happening was just HAHAHAHAHA.

I like Marie's clothes and voice so much, but I still have yet to like her personally. ;u;

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jul 22, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2010
The OST is SICK. 10/10 Glad they kept the one from the game.

Also, Nurakami trying so hard to handle the double date was hilarious.

It seems next episode is gonna be mizugi episode, dayum.
Aug 2, 2014 10:07 AM

Oct 2012
Man, this was boring as hell. What was the point of all those schedules and nonsensical wage? He could have say no to them. As character introduction this episode was pretty weak episode.

Also, time skipped so fast without proper explaining what's going on. Is this anime for Persona 4 game players only? Really don't know what to think of this...
Nov 7, 2014 8:26 AM

Apr 2014
supermox said:
Trixea said:
Can someone please seriously explain to me just what the hell is P4G??? Like, uh, wasn't it a remake of the game + Marie? So uh, what did they do in the anime now? Like, are they just showing the fun parts and not showing plot or?

Not that I'm complaining, I love it a lot. Just wondering.

The "plot" you're looking for has already been adapted in the original anime. Why would you want to watch the same shit again here?

^THIS.

A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

Nov 7, 2014 8:27 AM

Apr 2014
Mich666 said:
Man, this was boring as hell. What was the point of all those schedules and nonsensical wage? He could have say no to them. As character introduction this episode was pretty weak episode.

Also, time skipped so fast without proper explaining what's going on. Is this anime for Persona 4 game players only? Really don't know what to think of this...

This anime is basically a new game plus playthrough that only covers the content that was added in Persona 4 Golden.

Dec 25, 2014 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
Wow that pacing. Now this is what i would expect when i read "they left xy out" etc. on your average manga/novel adaption, instead of it simply being a matter of cutting the part away where the MC counts every dot on the skirt and just goes "1..2..[cut part where he seriously counts every single dot]..372" which usually is the case.

Note that i'm not complaining about the pacing here, on the contrary. Wasn't so sure if i should watch it given that i do not really rewatch (or reread/replay etc.) stuff, but that they focus on the very core of the new material and the old stuff is amost non-existent is a huge plus in that case.

Anyways, Yuu should have asked Marie and the others to come with him for a moment, completely bust Yosuku by showing up with *four* girls (they never said they can't know the girl already..cheap move, but Yuu hardly could afford playing fair at that point), and given that they are already outside and basically done with shopping, bid them goodbye and hurry home just in time for dinner...

Also love the interaction between them. It was nice in the original anime already, but it got better with Yuu actually having personality, and Marie is throwing everyone off by being completely unreadable..
Mar 15, 2015 5:02 AM

Nov 2014
The episode is really hilarious and the great one. But i won't recommend it to anyone who haven't play the games or watched the original P4 the Animation.
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jul 31, 2020 12:45 PM

Jul 2015
A lot of stuff skipped over, must be confusing for those who haven't played the game or watched the alternative P4 anime. Stakes are higher than ever, good thing Yuu concoted the perfect plan there...or so he wished... I wonder why no girl fell for his hip glasses? also RIP yosuke's bike...and his dreams...

May 1, 2021 8:11 AM

Apr 2012
Was hoping for memes this season and it certainly didn't disappoint.
Jun 20, 2021 7:23 PM

Dec 2015
Reminder to myself to never take MAL reviewers seriously ever again. This adaptation is, well...Golden. Really.
May 22, 2023 3:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay so they don't even care about the chronology, they only adapt the scenes from Golden no matter what happens in the story xD Though the Okina part was hilarious even funnier than in the game because Yuu was shitposting the whole time, and Hanako destroying Yousuke's bike is legendary xD
Jul 3, 2023 12:54 AM

Aug 2017
Super enjoyable show so far. I guess bad episodes will come later?

They made Ai way hotter than she is in the game.

I like all the side stories with Marie.
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM
Oct 2022
xdddddddddd se muestra mas a detalle el desastre merece ver esta serie solo el primer episodio te decepciona por que no va como el juego pero parece que no va a ir asi todo por lo visto
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

41 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.