Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2014 3:51 PM

Dec 2010
What were the pictures in the ED from? The one with Kaneki is really cool. This one:
PknoctisJul 10, 2014 3:54 PM
Jul 10, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Overall a good episode. But (even though I can realte somewhat and still sound like a douche) - I fear Kaneki's going the same way as Raki from Claymore and Yuki from Mirai Nikki - crying and whining all the damn time.
Like I said, I can relate somewhat, but for episode two they could've done some scenes with a fountain instead of him ._.
Also, the censoring was way too overdone -_-
W/e, Touka is somewhat awesome, if he's getting to annoying I'll watch the show for her :v

Jul 10, 2014 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
censorship sucks....animation so so, and the lead character is just irritating.
Jul 10, 2014 4:00 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was pretty boss. Damn i feel very bad for Kaneki...

But it was so good to see him kick Nishiki's ass! Woot woot. Hope to see more next episode. 5/5 for this one.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 10, 2014 4:01 PM
Nov 2009
Everybody complaining about the censoring, not many appreciating the brilliant opening. I mean look at that masterpiece!
Jul 10, 2014 4:02 PM
Mar 2012
Esheraz said:
Great episode, was getting a Deadman Wonderland vibe from this c:

Amazing, DMWL was a bad adaption too. I hope at least they don't change the ending as much as DMWL's was screwed up.

Tony777 said:
It's a decent adaption at best. That's what happens when you cover 4+ chapters an episode. Rize appearing before him is WAY too early, they should have never done it. Also, they made it seem like Hide was listening to their entire conversation, which is not the case. He only woke up when they were talking about Ken's new Job there at the shop. Hide does not know Ken is a Ghoul.

With 133 Chapters out so far, it's a 2 cour at the very minimum.

Anyways, the manga is far better. If you can set aside the "Eating Humans" element, then it becomes very enjoyable. The Manga gets extremely Epic.

And there's no way that we can say how much they will animate. At their current pacing in 12 episodes they will get, in all their rushed glory, to the Aogiri arc - which we'd known from the PV's. However when the PV's were released no one assumed it would be a one cour series.

Honestly, if it does end up as a two cour series that does 65 chapters or so in 12 episodes I'll wait for the translations rather than watch the series. But I doubt that it will be two cour - if it was then there'd be no reason to rush so much or add in random crap.

At least the OP's good.

But why the hell is Rize in this series so much, are they just trying to get their money's worth out of Kana Hanazawa? It makes the events of the Aogiri arc far less impactful.
Jul 10, 2014 4:09 PM

Dec 2010
This was a really promising episode(for a change). Now I'm really looking forward to the next one.
Jul 10, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
Welp, a lot of censoring :/
But still, it was good.

I really thought he would eat Nishiki. I mean, it's a good compromise, to eat ghoul, no?

So Ken is actually one of a kind. They never saw a half-human, half-ghoul hybrid. That can be interesting.

Somehow, the Op reminded me of Psycho-Pass... Am I wrong?

The scene after the ED was so fucking hilarious xD
Also, we know what the weird wrench guy look likes. I'm really curious about if he's a ghoul or not...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 10, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
Oh come on... I would've wanted to see his best friend get killed or eaten, but I guess it'd be too much asked from a third rate anime like this.

minouneetzoe said:

The singer is probably the same
Jul 10, 2014 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
The first couple of minutes where 95% of the screen was black was ridiculous. At least they inverted the fight which makes it super easy to actually see all the blood. Decent episode, didn't really excite me.

Jul 10, 2014 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
oh meh....give this MC brain. It's painful to see how he is crying like a baby. I understand his situation, but he's stupid.

Painful censoring.

3/5
Jul 10, 2014 4:23 PM

Feb 2010
That ending piece was hilarious XD
Jul 10, 2014 4:25 PM

Feb 2014
The manga is sooo much better than this imo xD I think the pacing is way too fast.
If you feel annoyed by the censoring, just go read the manga, you wont regret it :)
Jul 10, 2014 4:29 PM
Nov 2013
Why do people complain about Funimation censoring shows? Funimation does NOT censor shows themselves, they get the tv broadcast versions that are given to them for streaming. Obviously we aren't gonna see uncensored stuff until Japanese bds start rolling out. Shut up now.

As for the episode, it was very good. It was very intense, especially when Kaneki went pretty much ape shit and almost are his friend. I'm also guessing Kaneki's friend overheard the conversation between him and Yoshimura? Wonder how that will go.
Jul 10, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2010
Good, episode. Besides the horrible censoring...
Jul 10, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2014
The censoring is real man
Jul 10, 2014 4:31 PM
Nov 2013
Anon1409 said:
Oh come on... I would've wanted to see his best friend get killed or eaten, but I guess it'd be too much asked from a third rate anime like this.

minouneetzoe said:

The singer is probably the same

It is actually, he's in Ling Tosite Sigure. They did the first Psycho Pass OP song :)
Jul 10, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2014
Seccand said:
The first couple of minutes where 95% of the screen was black was ridiculous. At least they inverted the fight which makes it super easy to actually see all the blood. Decent episode, didn't really excite me.

Thank you, dude! That ownage scene without the censoring was sooo awesome *-*
Jul 10, 2014 4:35 PM

Dec 2008
I have not read the manga but man, that was some lame censoring. That aside, pretty good episode.
Jul 10, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
Another great episode, but I don't know whose decision it was to put that omake at the end, it was really out of place.
Jul 10, 2014 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
I always wondered about that. When people say "this tastes like shit"...so that means they must know what shit taste like because they've eaten shit before right? I think I'll be using this from now on if someone ever says that about my cooking.
Jul 10, 2014 4:43 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. The censoring is a bit annoying, but the fight between Kaneki and Nishigaki was still enjoyable. Really like the OP.
Jul 10, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
Well there was censorship but that's to be expected with new anime so I'm not surprised
lol small world can belive they met up with Nishiki
and damm that battle was fucking epic
good second episode lots of action
[/quote]
Jul 10, 2014 4:46 PM
Dec 2012
Good Ep nice voice acting , all the black light blur all the blood and gore away , but you know what ? that's what BD are for , there are many people watching TV so better save than sorry , you don't want anime to get cancel alright ? so plz don't whine(unless you fund the anime , own TV station or satellite or be japanese PM) it's so pointless , wait and BUY BD for better quality, this anime deserve it.

PS.But I gotta admit that watching this show make me drooling ,idk why, i just notice after the ED credit roll that my saliva is currently dropping on the floor..... what happen to me XD
Jul 10, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
I'll give it one more episode then dropping.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 5:07 PM

Feb 2008
I like the show, it's probably the most interesting for me so far. Hopefully all the whiners and complainers will drop the show instead of agonizing over every flaw the show has.
Jul 10, 2014 5:09 PM
Jan 2014
Dropped. What a fucking disaster.
Jul 10, 2014 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
The struggle is real.
You really can't blame Kaneki for his indecisive nature of whether he wants to keep his humanity or not. As noted when he almost ate his best friend, he runs risk of letting Rize's binge eating habits take over him.
With that said, I'm really interested on the insight of how Ghouls are forced to live and how they fit in with the rest of society.
Jul 10, 2014 5:13 PM
Feb 2013
yaHzee said:
I like the show, it's probably the most interesting for me so far. Hopefully all the whiners and complainers will drop the show instead of agonizing over every flaw the show has.

Exactly. The sooner the better, the rest of us can enjoy the show. It's without a doubt one of the best this season has to offer.
Jul 10, 2014 5:19 PM

Dec 2013
Nice episode, but I didn't enjoy all that censoring..
And Nishiki's legs when he was kicking people around... wtf man.
#nanodayolo
Jul 10, 2014 5:19 PM

May 2014
That censoring ruined an epic fight. Still it was a good episode. Soundtrack also suited to background very well. I'm wondering will every bloody battle be censored like this?
NoctisJul 10, 2014 5:25 PM
Jul 10, 2014 5:23 PM

Jan 2014
Tokoya said:
This episode would of been amazing if not for all the censoring

God I hate Funimation -_-

Either way I liked everything that happened in this episode

Funimation has literally nothing to do with the censoring.
Jul 10, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2014
yaHzee said:
Jul 10, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
jiyoan said:
Seccand said:

Thank you, dude! That ownage scene without the censoring was sooo awesome *-*

No problem man! The gory fight scene looks a million times (yes, a million) better once you invert it.
Jul 10, 2014 5:48 PM

Jul 2013
yaHzee said:
Hopefully all the whiners and complainers will drop the show instead of agonizing over every flaw the show has.
Pretty much what most logical people would do if they didn't like something, however MAL users don't think that way (hence so many people continuing to watch SAO2 and bitch about it).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2013
for people wondering what it looked like without censors...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irVFN1CBJBc
Jul 10, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
Sourire said:
for people wondering what it looked like without censors...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irVFN1CBJBc
Wow, I don't even think it was violent enough to warrant censorship.
Jul 10, 2014 5:54 PM

Mar 2014
I'm sorry but the censoring is murdering this shit.
Jul 10, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
slower than the previous episode, I hope the anime has about 24 episodes, so the story can be crafted
good opening and ending, but I felt the lack of red in the blood in the struggle between Kaneki and Nishio
Jul 10, 2014 6:46 PM

Oct 2013
look at this before the OP!! oh my Jashin!!!! this male lead must be Ikari Shinji's cousin!!!!!
Jul 10, 2014 7:07 PM

Feb 2014
I intend to drop this. Mostly because of the stupid censoring.
Secondly, I found this seri starts kind of ridiclious, after the episode 1, I read about ~ 40 chapters of the manga, it seems like they hadn't explain that why ghoul is exist and much more questionable things.
I don't like to be get throwed a ghoul suddenly in the face without explanation, all I see after is stupid morality.
This is the same problem I have with anime Shiki, geez.
Jul 10, 2014 7:08 PM
Sep 2013
I'm in love with the opening and ending. They're so beautiful!! Nuf said. This episode was pretty decent, the animation didn't get any worse, it's still pretty good. I hope they keep this up :D

marian11 said:
A question for the manga readers: How good does the anime adapt the manga so far ?

Honestly, I think the pace in the manga can be really slow sometimes...but I guess that could work as a build up. I think the adaption has covered up the main points of the manga so, so far, I think the adaption is pretty okay.
dammdd123Jul 10, 2014 7:36 PM
Jul 10, 2014 7:10 PM

Oct 2013
SayonaraSelena said:
Secondly, I found this seri starts kind of ridiclious, after the episode 1, I read about ~ 40 chapters of the manga, it seems like they hadn't explain that why ghoul is exist and much more questionable things.
I don't like to be get throwed a ghoul suddenly in the face without explanation, all I see after is stupid morality.

If the lack of explanation is what you don't like about this series, then I can bet you're not a fan of snk then. Anyways this episode was pretty good, the censoring is a bit too much.
Jul 10, 2014 7:22 PM
Apr 2014
Poor Kaneki. The scene where Hide was kicked and get thumped on and when Kaneki feels the urge to eat him was pretty intense. After seeing characters death scene in many other anime I was afraid that Hide will really die but thank goodness he still survive. I am sorta relieved that Hide knows the fact that Kaneki is half ghoul..
The OP's song is amazing. Really fits the mood.
Jul 10, 2014 7:24 PM

Feb 2014
keragamming said:
SayonaraSelena said:

If the lack of explanation is what you don't like about this series, then I can bet you're not a fan of snk then. Any was this episode was pretty good, the censoring is a bit too much.

If you meant SNK = Shingeki No Kyojin then you're correct. I do hate it too, but not most because of lack information. If I remember correctly they have mentioned the year Titan appeared and the recently OVA atleast opened my mind a bit.
Anyway, Let's talk back to TG, there are few ridiculous things pop out in my head:
1) There is many ghoul out there, they eat people for living, so why in the day people not showing they are scare or discussing about the ghoul, or atleast any news to tell them not go outside at night. The CGG (or CCG) looks poor and patheic.
2) The ghoul, which I hated most. Just jerking around and talk about morality and life while eating people's organ. When the main character turned in to the ghoul. They just like "Hey, you're ghoul. I'm gonna teach you how to live like a ghoul without any information about how we're born"
Jul 10, 2014 7:25 PM

Sep 2009
Forever glad that Hide survived. The fact that he's in the opening gives me hope that he'll at least be around for a few more episodes. I'm really interested in knowing how he's going to act on the knowledge that Kaneki's now a ghoul, although, it's probably far more likely that he won't react and will pretend that he really had been asleep for the whole revelation.

I had zero clue what was happening in the beginning that got censored. It looked like Kaneki? Or was it the dead guy? Merp.
Jul 10, 2014 7:30 PM

Sep 2012
That censoring really killed it... I'm thinking about waiting for the DVD release when it shouldn't be censored.
Jul 10, 2014 7:31 PM
Feb 2013
SayonaraSelena said:
keragamming said:

If the lack of explanation is what you don't like about this series, then I can bet you're not a fan of snk then. Any was this episode was pretty good, the censoring is a bit too much.

If you meant SNK = Shingeki No Kyojin then you're correct. I do hate it too, but not most because of lack information. If I remember correctly they have mentioned the year Titan appeared and the recently OVA atleast opened my mind a bit.
Anyway, Let's talk back to TG, there are few ridiculous things pop out in my head:
1) There is many ghoul out there, they eat people for living, so why in the day people not showing they are scare or discussing about the ghoul, or atleast any news to tell them not go outside at night. The CGG (or CCG) looks poor and patheic.
2) The ghoul, which I hated most. Just jerking around and talk about morality and life while eating people's organ. When the main character turned in to the ghoul. They just like "Hey, you're ghoul. I'm gonna teach you how to live like a ghoul without any information about how we're born"

Considering the anime is still only on episode 2 am not sure what the hell your expecting. If you can't be patient to wait like a normal person, for them to explain your 'problems' (Some of which are already addressed) then just drop the show. If you didn't like Shiki, your not gonna like this.
Jul 10, 2014 7:39 PM

Feb 2014
dedeogbe said:
SayonaraSelena said:

Considering the anime is still only on episode 2 am not sure what the hell your expecting. If you can't be patient to wait like a normal person, for them to explain your 'problems' (Some of which are already addressed) then just drop the show. If you didn't like Shiki, your not gonna like this.

I'm already say that after episode 1, I read ~ 40 chapters of the manga and still no explaintion so what is the problem ?
Jul 10, 2014 7:45 PM
Sep 2013
SayonaraSelena said:

I'm already say that after episode 1, I read ~ 40 chapters of the manga and still no explaintion so what is the problem ?

This conversation is gonna end up bad. Can we just say that you have expressed your opinion on the anime/manga and we can stop arguing with each other? But I guess these sorts of arguments happen and the world would've been a much better place if everyone stops fighting.

Edit: I just realised that I always point out the obvious, sorry if this annoys people who've seen some of my other posts :(
Edit2: lol, I'm not even doing any help to the fire, am I?
dammdd123Jul 10, 2014 7:48 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.