Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 9, 2014 5:34 PM

May 2014
I loved this episode!
Seijuro's younger brother, Momotarou was hilarious! And I actually want that Momotarou x Gou ship to happen! :3
And hot damn Sosuke's voice is to die for! I'm interested to see what the Sosuke vs Haru thing is about too!
Ahh! I'm loving this series already, I may end up liking this more than season 1!
Jul 9, 2014 5:41 PM

Oct 2011
Does anyone know the name of the ost that is played right before Haruka and Makoto start running on the beach at night?
Jul 9, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
Narutorengan said:
Does anyone know the name of the ost that is played right before Haruka and Makoto start running on the beach at night?

The OST hasn't been released yet and I'm pretty sure this one is a season 2 exclusive one.
Jul 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Apr 2013
Rin and sosuke doujins incoming. Momotarou's fucking stupid, but I like him. Because he's stupid.

Another great episode 4.5/5
Jul 9, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2011
Sousuke is absurdly sexy.

» Escapism.

Jul 9, 2014 6:15 PM

Jan 2014
Sousuke is actually taller than Makoto. So, he is the super-seme of the group. Yay.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Jul 9, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2014
Dat flip of hair. Makoto is love.

F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Jul 9, 2014 6:49 PM

Dec 2010
I'm impressed with the quality of these first two episodes. If the anime keeps up this level of entertainment for the rest of the season, I'll have no complaints.
Jul 9, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
I love the scores! This rock music really boosts things!

Also, I'm crushing on Sousuke more and more! *screams* Great episode!
peeyaj said:
Dat flip of hair. Makoto is love.

Ikr! That was so HOT!
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 9, 2014 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
Herumi-Oogami said:
Borgia said:
Sousuke confirmed gay
that dude is mad jelly

still liked this one a bit more and they jammed in so many new osts
and Mikoshiba has good taste only dude that has eyes on Gou just like his big bro lol
Jul 9, 2014 7:10 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode, i wonder what Haru did to make Sousuke hate him so much i'll just have to wait til the upcoming episodes to find out.
Jul 9, 2014 7:13 PM

May 2012
Awesome ost for this episode.. and that armored swimming! Really interesting. Although I still can't believe what a changed man Rin now is. And now, this new guy is somewhat his old self.. hehe.
Jul 9, 2014 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
Makoto's siblings meeting Rei though

Jul 9, 2014 7:28 PM

Aug 2008
I really like Sousuke's voice.
Ahh~ Gou's cute 'Onii-chan~" was great. Thanks for that.

Episode was okay for me until I saw this. 10/10 amazing
Jul 9, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
I think Sousuke needs to calm down. Also, Momotarou's little crush on Gou is really cute.
Jul 9, 2014 7:37 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Cleaned
Remember one screen cap per post please~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 9, 2014 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
Sousuke is the new rival.
Good episode, some drama developed.
Jul 9, 2014 8:17 PM

Nov 2009
I can understand why Sousuke did what he did though. Without involving any ships please, if we backtrack to season 1, the judges saw what team Iwatobi did at the relay as "cheating". Obviously, that leaves a bad reputation on team Iwatobi's part as well as Samezuka to some extent since Rin was involved.

Seeing how Sousuke is very serious about swimming, it's no surprise that he'd think it was stupid for them to pull off that stunt. In addition, his best friend was involved and the last thing he would want is for someone to treat Rin poorly for pulling that stunt off (despite the fact that they got to this point BECAUSE of Rin being melodramatic in the first place).

Just saying. I have nothing against both sides though. Personally, I thought the relay at the end of season one was a beautiful moment. However, looking at it from a different perspective, I can also see why there'd be tensions between Sousuke and Haru.
Jul 9, 2014 8:59 PM
Jun 2013
Loved this episode! Can't wait for episode 3... well like most of us here~
It's great to see more of Rin and the new characters but it feels like Rei and Nagisa aren't getting as much screen time. You know they've all been practicing but how much they've improved from before is kind of left out. It's great that this series has a nice balance between being serious and comedy though! OuO
Jul 9, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2011
Rei better not leave! 2nd best character in the show.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jul 9, 2014 9:36 PM

Nov 2007
Lol~ that brother of the previous captain, SuzuKen!!!

Seems like that guy has grudge on the main guy
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 9, 2014 9:45 PM

Oct 2013
LOL, the kid brother....

Nagisa's getting cuter by each episode...
Jul 9, 2014 10:00 PM

Oct 2012
the opening and ending songs are really starting to grow on me
momo-chan is so adorable~ lol sea otter~
loved this episode!!

omg that preview. rei dont leave Dx
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 9, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2013
Gou is my 1st official waifu.. she can look at my muscles all day.

<3
Jul 9, 2014 11:16 PM
Jan 2014
Nice episode.
I really hope they explore the "what will they do after graduation" conflict a lot, and end with a heartwarming message about being Free! and whatnot.
The new characters have potential, I think, though the designs could be better...they all kind of have really stock male character designs, don't they?
It was also nice to see some racing action again.
Jul 9, 2014 11:40 PM

Sep 2012
I'm already liking this so much better than the first season, and I liked the first season.

Everything this episode was fucking spectacular. My only complaints are Nitori's voice and the way he constantly yells/whines everything gets on my damn nerves, and Nagisa and Rei overact every line they speak.

But if that's all I have to complain about this season, I'll be very happy.
Jul 10, 2014 1:25 AM
Jul 2013
Tsiih said:
I can understand why Sousuke did what he did though. Without involving any ships please, if we backtrack to season 1, the judges saw what team Iwatobi did at the relay as "cheating". Obviously, that leaves a bad reputation on team Iwatobi's part as well as Samezuka to some extent since Rin was involved.

Seeing how Sousuke is very serious about swimming, it's no surprise that he'd think it was stupid for them to pull off that stunt. In addition, his best friend was involved and the last thing he would want is for someone to treat Rin poorly for pulling that stunt off (despite the fact that they got to this point BECAUSE of Rin being melodramatic in the first place).

Just saying. I have nothing against both sides though. Personally, I thought the relay at the end of season one was a beautiful moment. However, looking at it from a different perspective, I can also see why there'd be tensions between Sousuke and Haru.

This I agree with
Jul 10, 2014 1:49 AM

Apr 2014
I quite like Sousuke. Though the conflict between him and Haru is very remiscent of that between Rin and Haru in S2, the quality is different.

Sousuke's a hella nice kid whose mamma bear instincts have kicked in full gear. In his eyes (based on a an inaccurate account), Haru could have possibly ruined both Rin's dreams and future. For a relay race. And that pisses him off. The end is nigh and scouting chances are rare.

What he doesn't realise, however, is that Rin needed that relay race. He was angry and unstable and quite out of sync with who he wanted to be -- and he needs to be in a good place to swim his heart out. And I guess Sousuke might only remember the positive, happy kid from his childhood -- similar to how he is now -- and not know the crap he put himself and others through.

Ah, these kids. <3

(Actually, if I think about it more, isn't Sousuke just an ambitious, slightly more aggressive Makoto? That's the role he fills with Rin at least, like Makoto for Haruka)

Tsiih said:

^ Yes.
currycurryJul 10, 2014 2:00 AM
Jul 10, 2014 1:54 AM

Jan 2011
Sousuke is jelly as F!

Jul 10, 2014 2:01 AM

Dec 2009
lol @Everyone hating on Nitori. I really have no complaints about him. He's just lovestruck on his senpai xD

Anyways great great episode. (Too bad I misclicked and gave it 4/5)
The former captains little brother is awesome, and of course he likes Gou. But dem darn speedos -_-
Jul 10, 2014 2:14 AM

Nov 2009
currycurry said:
I quite like Sousuke. Though the conflict between him and Haru is very remiscent of that between Rin and Haru in S2, the quality is different.

Sousuke's a hella nice kid whose mamma bear instincts have kicked in full gear. In his eyes (based on a an inaccurate account), Haru could have possibly ruined both Rin's dreams and future. For a relay race. And that pisses him off. The end is nigh and scouting chances are rare.

What he doesn't realise, however, is that Rin needed that relay race. He was angry and unstable and quite out of sync with who he wanted to be -- and he needs to be in a good place to swim his heart out. And I guess Sousuke might only remember the positive, happy kid from his childhood -- similar to how he is now -- and not know the crap he put himself and others through.

Ah, these kids. <3

(Actually, if I think about it more, isn't Sousuke just an ambitious, slightly more aggressive Makoto? That's the role he fills with Rin at least, like Makoto for Haruka)

Agreed. I quite like Sousuke as well. I don't think he's a bad person as people make him out to be... I hope those misunderstandings are cleared later in the series. Now... if Sousuke was stingy towards Haru because of some spineless reason with no grounded logic... THEN I'd be flipping tables.

And yes, Rin definitely needed that relay. His time spent in Australia really got to him. I wish he opened up with his Iwatobi pals earlier though... :( He was my least favorite character in season 1 because of the way he tossed his friends aside and acted superior to them. He's definitely better now after Rei gave him that wakeup call.
TsiihJul 10, 2014 2:21 AM
Jul 10, 2014 2:37 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
So, Sousuke is replacing Rin as the Drama Queen of the show. Yeah, why not.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 10, 2014 3:13 AM

Mar 2014
This season has a really strong start. I'm liking all the new characters and S2 Rin is such an improvement
Jul 10, 2014 3:45 AM

Oct 2013
serious love triangle action on the cooker
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 10, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
HungLikeaZombie said:
Rei better not leave! 2nd best character in the show.

Meh, I honestly get annoyed with Rei. Despite his determination, he tends to be overly dramatic. I haven't seen much of that thus far, but it was annoying during S1.
LauraBirdie said:
Rin is such an improvement

Yes, thank goodness. Talk about a strong character development from S1! I still don't understand why he was made captain when he hasn't even been on the team that long and after the disqualification at the relay, but whatev.

Rin would be my crush out of all the characters, if he didn't have those annoying shark teeth. It bugs me! So unattractive.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 10, 2014 3:54 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Demi_V said:

Rin would be my crush out of all the characters, if he didn't have those annoying shark teeth. It bugs me! So unattractive.

Haha, that's what is bothering me, too. Why did they give him such ugly shark teeth, why?
Haptism93Jul 10, 2014 5:41 AM

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 10, 2014 3:55 AM
May 2014
I loved this episode, and I adore the outro! But, what's Sousuke's deal, why is he 'protecting' Rin? I feel some love triangles. All of the characters are so awesome. Haru is cool, Makoto is sweet, Rei is wierd, and so on... And who could forget the adorable Ran & Ren, KAWAII!!!
Jul 10, 2014 4:53 AM

Jan 2011
StefanMZ said:
I thought I was going to witness a fight at the start of the episode lol.

Sousuke got scouted already, meaning that he's a really good swimmer.

I bet Haru wrote that he wants to be water as his job XD.

LOL, running naked to attract new members for the club...

Armored sidestroke lol?

Ran's cute :3

Sea Otter... LOL

Lolis for everyone it seems, loli buffet XD.

Muscle contest with Gou as a judge... haha...

Nice episode and Haru seems to be the weakest lol (even though he's my favorite character).

He wrote "Free" on his paper
Jul 10, 2014 5:00 AM

Oct 2012
And again, really. The only thing that's good on this series is animation, nothing else.
Jul 10, 2014 6:08 AM

Apr 2013
This is so gay.
Sousuke is so hot.
Everything is so funny.
I LOVE IT.
Jul 10, 2014 6:21 AM

Jan 2014
I totally loved episode 2, mostly because of Sousuke! <3 I mean, one can literally melt just looking at him!

I'm also enjoying this new, less gloomy version of Rin, who's becoming quite enjoyable. Thanks to Sousuke's arrival, I think that this season will be a very interesting one, especially considering how things are between him and Haru.
Jul 10, 2014 7:33 AM

Mar 2009
Sousuke is HOT!! & Makoto's siblings are hella cute
Jul 10, 2014 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
veery good episode, that last swim competition was very good! Also like the new
Rin's team, a worth opponent for Haru's for the rest of the season :D
Jul 10, 2014 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
Haptism93 said:
Demi_V said:

Haha, that's what is bothering me, too. Why did they give him such ugly shark teeth, why?

Different strokes for different folks ^^ I actually love those teeth. They give him character, contributing to his overall sharp/shark theme.
I wish there was a little explanation behind those teeth, though. His father, from what I remember from the flashbacks, didn't have "shark teeth" so maybe his mother or grandparents do? It would be funny to have an episode with other members of his family, considering we've seen a good part of Makoto's.

By the way, am I the only one who loved the new character, Momotarou Mikoshiba? He was so funny and cute XD Even though he's probably going to only be used for gags, just like how Ai's only been used for the "loyal subordinate" and "inferiority complex" moments, I'm still going to be looking forward to seeing more of him.
Jul 10, 2014 10:03 AM

Apr 2007
Cuteness runs in the Mikoshiba family I see <3
Jul 10, 2014 1:10 PM
Aug 2007
Am I the only one who thought Rin and the former captain's lil' bro Momotaro's interaction was funny as hell? Their bantering made my day; it really made me like Momo' from the get go!

And I'm also on the love Sousuke team. A lot of people hate him because of how he treats Haruka when they're getting a drink, but that's the scene that actually made me love him; because that was the scene that brought some much needed tension and rivalry into Free S2! ^_^
Jul 10, 2014 2:08 PM
Jul 2012
Sousuke~~~~~~~~ <3 <3 <3
but Makoto ><
but sousuke ><
Ahhh~
Jul 10, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
"Team Shark"

*looks at Rin's teeth*

I see what you did there
Jul 10, 2014 2:22 PM
Mar 2013
what's Sosuke's problem? i don't get it
Jul 10, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm I wanted to see the scene of Makoto at the contest... I am sure he was blushing hehe :3
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2014

189 by hidenashi »»
Feb 9, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2014

125 by hidenashi »»
Feb 8, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

107 by hidenashi »»
Feb 5, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

113 by hidenashi »»
Feb 5, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2014

304 by hidenashi »»
Feb 3, 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.