Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2009 10:22 PM
Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Piccolo appeared at last.
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:33 AM
Oct 21, 2011 10:17 PM

Apr 2010
Piccolo has great strength but I don't think it's enough to defeat Frieza.

Nov 19, 2013 5:48 PM

May 2012
Piccolo finally joined the battle and both Kuririn and Gohan have been healed so lets see what's next!
Dec 11, 2013 12:55 AM

Jun 2009
In enters Piccolo. This should be good, let's see how much stronger syncing with nail has made him.
Jan 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Oct 2009
Dende should just go to Goku, get him from the Medical Machine and heal him with his magical powers, it will be faster that way
SerhiykoFeb 20, 2014 2:55 AM
Jan 28, 2014 5:37 PM

Dec 2013
This should be good. Its a shame because I really like Piccolo compared to how he was in Dragon Ball. I am almost positive Frieza will destroy him, even with his new power.
Jan 2, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
Krillin and Son Gohan are healed by Dende. And Piccolo arrives on the battlefield: Frieza vs. Piccolo!
Feb 25, 2016 8:40 PM

Aug 2013
Piccolo and his dramatic entrances.
Jun 8, 2016 7:49 AM

Feb 2016
So Dende is a healer...

Just noticed Frieza's feet looks like a hand with 3 fingers, lol.

Anyone else find it interesting that Goku can tell what's precisely (more or less) going on simply by sensing out.

Like how he was able to tell everyone was standing still suddenly.

Loved Krillin's lil bit, that "Cat & Mouse" was hilarious. How did Frieza keep finding him so simply though if he can't sense power levels like the Z-Fighters?

Did logic just go out the window for that one segment?

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jun 22, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
I watched this series back in the 90s, but back then you couldn't just watch episodes online whenever you wanted. We had to go to cons and find fansubs on VHS tapes. So, when I watched it then, I missed a bunch of episodes here and there and the quality of the recordings was always terrible. It's really cool watching the whole series in order with good quality!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 12, 2018 1:40 PM

Mar 2013
Why don't they all just finish Frieza? Not intense enough I guess
May 17, 2018 10:08 AM

Nov 2017
Piccolo, fuck him up! Vegeta may not believe in your abilities, but I do.

Good episode, can't wait to see him against Frieza. I wonder how he'll do.

Also why is it that in every Dragon Ball Z fight, there's a villain who seems unstoppable and everyone tries to defeat him with all they've got but nothing works. Meanwhile Goku is out of the action and they're buying time for him to return. Then finally, he comes and easily defeats the villain with no sweat.
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 17, 2018 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
TheCrimsonGhost said:
Why is it that in every Dragon Ball Z fight there's a villain who seems unstoppable and everyone is buying time for Goku to return.

Because it's the way the power of a group working toward the same goal is expressed in this series.
Als, Goku rarely defeats the villain easily: first, he wouldn't be in the situation if nobody was there to gain time, then he is rarely far above the opponent's level of power unless you consider a re-match or the last moments after some new power's awakening.
May 18, 2018 1:43 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
yay Piccolo is there. Now we have to wait for Goku and the real party can begin

Dec 23, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2008
For most of the episode I was asking how the hell is Krillin up, moving, fighting, and ALIVE. Dende is full of surprises.

And now Piccolo is on the scene. Vegeta grow a backbone and fight!
Dec 7, 2019 2:12 AM

Mar 2010
RyanEsau said:
Loved Krillin's lil bit, that "Cat & Mouse" was hilarious. How did Frieza keep finding him so simply though if he can't sense power levels like the Z-Fighters?

Did logic just go out the window for that one segment?
Logic is out a million times in DBZ if you ask me.

Another thing is how can Krillin cut off the tail of Freezer. Freezer at his strength level must notice this and react in a millisecond. And the chase was crazy too imo, it basically was the same thing when KriGo escaped Dodoria earlier on Namek. But now we have freaking Freezer at 1 Million strength and Dodoria was 22.000, I mean come on.

The entrance from Piccolo was nice though.
Dec 8, 2019 10:51 PM

Feb 2016
Voel said:
Logic is out a million times in DBZ if you ask me.

Another thing is how can Krillin cut off the tail of Freezer. Freezer at his strength level must notice this and react in a millisecond.

That's a fair point, never really put thought into that.

Voel said:
And the chase was crazy too imo, it basically was the same thing when KriGo escaped Dodoria earlier on Namek. But now we have freaking Freezer at 1 Million strength and Dodoria was 22.000, I mean come on.

Heh, guess fans like yourself noticing such is probably why we end up parting ways with power levels, lol.

In fairness though, does speed really correlate with power level? Like isn't Burter of the Ginyu Force toted as the fastest in the universe during the previous Saga? Clearly Frieza trumps them in power/strength, but maybe speed really is Burter's thing.

Been a few years since I watched but also haven't we kinda seen equal footing fights but one might have the edge in speed? Like everyone has their specialty trait or skills.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Feb 19, 2020 11:49 PM

Dec 2014
Piccolo's Arrival in the battle and that sweet sweet music. Awesome moment.
Mar 10, 2020 11:13 AM
Oct 2018
Tien's flash technique has never failed regardless of the user
Jul 27, 2020 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
Krillin came in clutch, whew. I knew Krillin wasn't out of the fight yet. While not the same extent as Piccolo, I appreciate how smart and strategic he sometimes can be, if not, his strong will to stand up to highly powerful foes despite being just a human. Still, if Krillin attempted to use Destructo Disk to cleave Frieza in half in his blinded state, Frieza would have been no more. Then again, Frieza wouldn't have been as careless for the second time. Oh well, still a wonderful job from Krillin.

It seems like Dente unlocked his potential as a healer bestowed on him by the late Guru. Now that will be very much helpful for future injuries. I wonder the extent of his healing prowess, though. From the looks of it, he can mend a grievous wound like that of Krillin's and extreme fatigue and damaging blows in Gohan's case. Dente better keeps himself hidden at all costs. Right now, Frieza thinks the group wished for immortality. If he knew the truth of the matter, his first target would be Dente. That certainly wouldn't do. The gang needs his restorative skills pretty soon. Actually, now that I think about it, why can't Dente simply go inside Frieza's spaceship and heal Goku?

Piccolo is finally here. The hype is real. And judging from the spoiler-y title, he attained Super Namek status? Like that of Lord Slug in movie 4? Oh, this will be fun to watch.

Oct 4, 2020 10:42 AM
May 2019
To think Kuririn recovered that quickly, despite the massive damage he took from Frieza. He even managed to cut off half his tail - that's pretty impressive if you ask me. Of course, that only enraged Frieza, and Kuririn has pretty much been marked for death now. Seems like Piccolo has finally entered the scene, and he is overly confident he can win against Frieza. Well, now we just need to wait for Goku.
Mar 7, 6:16 PM

Jul 2021
Even though there is plenty of people already fighting Frieza along with Piccolo appearing i still dont think its enough, we need Goku back in the action.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 119 Discussion

-Adam- - Apr 27, 2013

19 by Saiko-sensei »»
Yesterday, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 17 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 16, 2011

15 by Dumb »»
May 2, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 16 Discussion

Magica_do_Mar - Dec 12, 2010

17 by Dumb »»
May 2, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 258 Discussion

Fethbita - May 11, 2013

15 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 2, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 23 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 17, 2011

25 by Jacktwelve17 »»
May 2, 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.