Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 6, 2014 8:10 AM

Jun 2014
Not exactly confirmed however yesterday at the release of SAO 2, Reki and the producer said that they would love to see Accel World season 2 however they have contacted 2 different studios which are already busy.

Most likely we will have a season 2 once these studios are finished with their current projects! Might take some time though. Read his interview here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/29y8mj/my_summary_of_kawahara_reki_sao_panel_at_ax/

Mod Edit: Modified title for the sake of accuracy.
LoveLikeBloodAug 3, 2019 12:00 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 6, 2014 8:17 AM

Oct 2013
Hopefully this is true. I want to see another season of Accel World. I want to see

Mod Edit: Spoiler tags added.
rodacJul 8, 2014 9:19 PM
Jul 6, 2014 8:18 AM

Mar 2008
OT: The panel excerpt was actually somewhat interesting. More Accel World would probably be quite enjoyable (for me).
rodacJul 8, 2014 9:18 PM
Jul 6, 2014 8:29 AM

Apr 2013
Yay finally, would love to see more Kuroyuki :)
Jul 6, 2014 8:36 AM

Oct 2013
If A-1 takes up Accel World then they can adapt the SAOxAW crossover where
rodacJul 8, 2014 9:22 PM
Jul 6, 2014 9:11 AM

Jun 2014
-Riptide- said:
If A-1 takes up Accel World then they can adapt the SAOxAW crossover where

Don't think they will tbh as it is not really part of the main story line and
rodacJul 8, 2014 9:21 PM
Jul 6, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2014
Awesome news !!
Jul 6, 2014 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
VanishingKira said:
Will probably be announce in that one Dengeki event in Oct.

doubt it. I believe it can be announce somewhere late this year or early next year, however I doubt that will be on the dengeki event as there is another character on the dengeki banner that the author himself said there wont be a second season for that anime so these characters are there just because, not for any particular reason.
Jul 6, 2014 5:42 PM

Oct 2013
If A-1 takes up Accel World then they can adapt the SAOxAW crossover...

OVA?
rodacJul 8, 2014 9:24 PM
Jul 6, 2014 5:57 PM

Jun 2014
Yep will probably be a OVA
rodacJul 8, 2014 9:24 PM
Jul 7, 2014 6:29 AM

Aug 2013
yaaaaaay, season 2, been wating for this
Jul 7, 2014 7:12 AM

Jun 2014
soraven said:

we all have my friend :D
Jul 7, 2014 9:47 AM

Feb 2010
soraven said:

^
Jul 7, 2014 10:51 AM

Nov 2012
Buddy Complex - 2k
Accel World - 8k
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - 20k
Love Live! - 50k

Yea..., AW will never get a S2. And thank god for that.

Horizon S3 will have priority anyways.
Jul 7, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
Naxrrhid said:
Buddy Complex - 2k
Accel World - 8k
Love Live! - 50k

you do know that you don't have to be a block buster to have a second/third/fourth season right? If you want to I can list you a few animes here that have had several seasons with far less sales than AW.

If Sunrise studio does not want AW other studios will, quality may not be as good but it will be produced.
Jul 7, 2014 11:15 AM

Nov 2012
sumusiko said:
Naxrrhid said:
Buddy Complex - 2k
Accel World - 8k
Love Live! - 50k

you do know that you don't have to be a block buster to have a second/third/fourth season right? If you want to I can list you a few animes here that have had several seasons with far less sales than AW.

If Sunrise studio does not want AW other studios will, quality may not be as good but it will be produced.

What are animation/production cost? Simple question, do you think Sunrise made a profit after doing season 1? I bet other studios will jump at the chance of producing a S2 of something that is more or less guaranteed to have less sales than S1. But hey, what do I know. Pay me no mind.

Also...., Reki basically confirmed that AW is shelved indefinitely. It will be atleast 3-4 years before Sunrise or even A-1 have the time to begin thinking about AW.

After the atrocity of what was season 1, I see no chance of a full 12 or 24 TV series.
Jul 7, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2014
Naxrrhid said:
sumusiko said:

What are animation/production cost? Simple question, do you think Sunrise made a profit after doing season 1? I bet other studios will jump at the chance of producing a S2 of something that is more or less guaranteed to have less sales than S1. But hey, what do I know. Pay me no mind.

Also...., Reki basically confirmed that AW is shelved indefinitely. It will be atleast 3-4 years before Sunrise or even A-1 have the time to begin thinking about AW.

After the atrocity of what was season 1, I see no chance of a full 12 or 24 TV series.

Not sure what you mean by atrocity, the light novels sales increased, the anime has been published in TV on several worldwide countries which proves that it wasn't as bad as you people make it seem, just because some people don't like a fat mc doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like him either.

Sunrise is busy with Love Live which is something I agree with, I don't like it either but if it was me I'd focus on that first too due to the massive sales.

After they finish the Love Live season I'd bet they will start on Accel World season 2, even if they don't I doubt Reki would let AW season 2 drag out for as long as 3-4 years, I'm sure he'd look for another studio.
Jul 7, 2014 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
well said sumusiko.

i dont wanna start a flame war here, but calling an anime atrocious for whatever reason is pretty silly. Seeing how there are a huge amount of fans of this series, it definitely says otherwise.
Jul 7, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
Naxrrhid said:
sumusiko said:
After they finish the Love Live season I'd bet they will start on Accel World season 2, even if they don't I doubt Reki would let AW season 2 drag out for as long as 3-4 years, I'm sure he'd look for another studio.

I'll screencap this to laugh at you later. Even Buddy Complex will get a season 2 before AW.

Illustration said:
seeing how there are a huge amount of fans of this series, it definitely says otherwise.

How many people have you spoken to about AW? Is the general consensus that AW was a good anime and that they liked it? My bad then, silly me though that the AW anime wasn't liked much in Japan and the sales reflected that....

You're pretty much contradicting yourself. You say the sales were horrible yet you said it yourself Buddy Complex which has 1/4th of AW sales will get a season 2.

And yes most of my friends have watched and enjoyed AW, they disliked the MC but they liked the anime, just because the MC is fat it doesn't mean the anime is bad. Why do all animes gotta have an OP MC?

How can you say the sales were bad? AW has 16 volumes out with an average of 8-9k sales for every volume that's pretty good in my books, nothing extraordinary but no where near as horrible and you make it seem.
rodacJul 8, 2014 10:08 PM
Jul 7, 2014 12:49 PM

Nov 2012
sumusiko said:
You're pretty much contradicting yourself. You say the sales were horrible yet you said it yourself Buddy Complex which has 1/4th of AW sales will get a season 2.

BC sales were horrible but a S2 has already been confirmed, greenlighted and will start airing in October. How can I contradict myself by stating a fact?

*When this was announced in March, it was assumed to be a full 12 episodes sequel. MAL has it listed as 2 now.But for all intents and purposes this is a sequel to season 1.

rodacJul 8, 2014 10:10 PM
Jul 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Jun 2014
I guess having 8-9k average sales per novel when there's 16 novels out is pretty bad and therefore everyone else in the country hates it. Not serious of course.

Mod Edit: Quotes of deleted and edited material removed.
rodacJul 8, 2014 10:12 PM
Jul 7, 2014 5:51 PM

Jan 2009
fuck yeah awesome news! to be honest i enjoyed Accel World more than Sword Art Online
Jul 7, 2014 6:14 PM

Jun 2014
j0x said:
fuck yeah awesome news! to be honest i enjoyed Accel World more than Sword Art Online

So did I, I believe Accel World has a better plot/storyline and has a lot more potential than SAO because SAO got popular mainly because all the gamers in our times wish they could be in a game like in SAO however Its a very limited story because they end the game and it's over while Accel World could have literally hundreds of episodes and be nowhere near the end.
Jul 7, 2014 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
SAO is pretty much done after SAO (the game) ended. The enemy has been defeated and they already escaped the game. At least in Accel World there are still questions that are still unanswered and the main goal (reaching lvl 10 and meeting the creator of BB) has not yet been achieved. So yeah, I liked AW more than SAO.
Jul 7, 2014 7:47 PM

Jun 2014
-Riptide- said:
SAO is pretty much done after SAO (the game) ended. The enemy has been defeated and they already escaped the game. At least in Accel World there are still questions that are still unanswered and the main goal (reaching lvl 10 and meeting the creator of BB) has not yet been achieved. So yeah, I liked AW more than SAO.

Exactly, I mean Reki can keep making up more random stuff to keep SAO going but the LN's will be worse than the first one which was what made SAO popular, the thrill to watch SAO next seasons just isn't there like it was in the first season, the game was completed, they were safe and it should've ended there.
Jul 8, 2014 3:57 AM

Jun 2014
In AW, there is still plenty of mystery such as the brain burst program itself. If u read the LN there is actually a reason to why it was made. This is but one of the many unanswered questions, there is just is so much more content. Reading the novel got me really excited for more contents!

While SAO on the other hand is good, but if they keep adding more "content", it will eventually be rather dull.

I think the only reason why SAO may be more appealing is because kiritoxasuna >kyhxharuyuki. People seem to hate haruyuki alot o.o
Jul 8, 2014 3:59 AM

Jan 2013
sumusiko said:
-Riptide- said:

Exactly, I mean Reki can keep making up more random stuff to keep SAO going but the LN's will be worse than the first one which was what made SAO popular, the thrill to watch SAO next seasons just isn't there like it was in the first season, the game was completed, they were safe and it should've ended there.

If you only watched SAO for grimdark bullshit where people die in real life then its over.

Personally i liked the show for other reasons.
Jul 8, 2014 4:36 AM
Dec 2010
Anyone else found it hilarious that someone suggested that A1 do Accel World S2 and Reki said they are busy too? Which means Accel World is being screwed by IdolM@ster too?
Jul 8, 2014 6:44 AM

Jun 2014
@solvitesekai. I like SAO when they were in SAO the game, because the relationship they had there was really nice to watch. The idea of dying in the game= death in real life is pretty meh~~
Jul 8, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2014
scytheavatar said:
Anyone else found it hilarious that someone suggested that A1 do Accel World S2 and Reki said they are busy too? Which means Accel World is being screwed by IdolM@ster too?

Nothing to do with being screwed to be honest, Reki doesn't want to change studios, like it or not Sunrise did a great job with Accel World season 1 they only fucked up Haruyuki character because he wasn't that small in the light novels (he was taller than KYH and a bit shorter than taku).

Be patient and it'll come in time
Jul 8, 2014 2:58 PM
Jul 2014
Why is LL more popular than Accel world?

I checked it out on Google and it doesn't even seem interesting...
Jul 8, 2014 11:16 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Flaming and abusive posts have been cleared out. Spoiler Tags have been added where plot points that have not been covered yet in the anime were revealed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 8, 2014 11:21 PM

Sep 2013
Hopefully less romance. The romance reminds me of the harems Im watching. They just need to focus on the action.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 8, 2014 11:44 PM

Jun 2014
Action and the story ! I think the romance feels more like a senpai & kouhai relationship.
Jul 9, 2014 4:07 AM

Sep 2013
Illustration said:
Action and the story ! I think the romance feels more like a senpai & kouhai relationship.
No, the author is definitely not going for a sempai & kouhai relationship, he clearly wants romance. And there's a possibility that Haruyuki's harem might grow even bigger.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 9, 2014 4:16 AM

Nov 2011
Oh..yes crow is flying again.

Jul 9, 2014 4:19 AM

Jun 2014
AsianKungFu said:
Illustration said:
No, the author is definitely not going for a sempai & kouhai relationship, he clearly wants romance. And there's a possibility that Haruyuki's harem might grow even bigger.

Yeap, i just meant that it felt like to me. o.o.

Never really a fan of harem, kinda silly
Jul 9, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2014
AsianKungFu said:
Illustration said:

Its not really harem to be honest, only KYH likes him the others are just there to flirt, however in season 2 another one will like him. Won't say who since it's a spoiler , read my other thread if you want to find out :D
Jul 9, 2014 1:00 PM
Mar 2013
would be great
Jul 10, 2014 2:56 AM

Sep 2013
sumusiko said:
AsianKungFu said:

Its not really harem to be honest, only KYH likes him the others are just there to flirt, however in season 2 another one will like him. Won't say who since it's a spoiler , read my other thread if you want to find out :D
I know its not a harem but its pretty obvious that the author likes the idea of the mc being surrounded by women just like his other work sword art online.
Jul 10, 2014 11:31 AM

Jun 2014
AsianKungFu said:
sumusiko said:

I know its not a harem but its pretty obvious that the author likes the idea of the mc being surrounded by women just like his other work sword art online.

Ye I know, it was the same thing with SAO but SAO is literally a harem since they all wanted the D
Aug 10, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2014
hahhahahahaha. I would like to see how KyoAni would animate AW :D
Aug 11, 2014 7:18 PM
Apr 2013
I would welcome a season 2. I thought the series was pretty decent.
Aug 15, 2014 2:52 AM

Oct 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:

Moe/loli Haruyuki as MC
Aug 15, 2014 4:48 AM

Jun 2014
-Riptide- said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

Moe/loli Haruyuki as MC

i dont like loli >.>
Sep 5, 2014 1:08 PM

May 2014
Really hoping for S2 soon..

Sep 12, 2014 10:42 PM

Jun 2011
Yay I'm happy! After all, I prefer Accel World over SAO anyway
Sep 14, 2014 12:51 AM

Jun 2014
Rayla said:
Yay I'm happy! After all, I prefer Accel World over SAO anyway
YES
Sep 17, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2011
I like both. I've greatly enjoyed the series, and now I'm reading the SAO LN's. The news of a potential S2 is pretty welcome in my book.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.