Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2009 8:34 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great great episode, it delved deeper into the minds of the characters and explored a little of human behaviour. I'm glad if focused a lot on the character I think is my favorite in these series, Misa Hayase.
Oct 9, 2009 1:51 PM

Jan 2008
Ah, great Focker flashback. Makes you wish the Macross Zero OVA was about that period of his life instead of the mediocre shit we got instead. Man, that OVA was such a wasted opportunity.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 6, 2010 11:39 PM

Apr 2008
We know that Hikaru is going to end up with Minmay, perhaps they'll kill Misa, I will be very surprise and happy if this doesn't happen. Was Focker only playing with black lady? It's seems like not but I have my doubts.
Jun 15, 2010 4:43 AM

Jun 2009
Such a sweet and touching episode about Claudia and Focker love story. That's a really great change after the depressing end of the previous episode.
Jan 16, 2011 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
Nice to see Focker back for a bit. He and Claudia had an awkward courtship, that's for sure. By the way,

May 20, 2011 5:40 PM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:
Ah, great Focker flashback. Makes you wish the Macross Zero OVA was about that period of his life instead of the mediocre shit we got instead. Man, that OVA was such a wasted opportunity.

I completely agree with that. Anyway Hikaru's too damn dense...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 8, 2011 9:46 AM

May 2008
It was great to hear about Focker, I really miss him...

Hikaru can be a total jerk sometimes. Misa, you deserve a much better guy.
Jun 27, 2011 10:47 PM

Jun 2009
Fantastic episode, this series is at it's best when Misa is the focus imo. I also like the Focker flashback.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 19, 2012 8:16 AM

May 2010
I don't get why everyone's making Hikaru out to be the bad guy here. He's simply in love with someone else, and gets pissed when some bitch pulls rank to keep them separated. Misa was the one that needed to apologise, not him. Even if he went too far, his anger was righteous.
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 9, 2012 6:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hardly remembered that this little Focker flashback was so late in the series. It's nice to see that Misa and Hikaru are not the only ones who were a tad inmature.

Focker could certainly teach todays wimpy harem anime characters a thing or two about keeping the ladies happy.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 11, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2012
I like that I kept watching because of the Focker flashback.
I don't like that the story went from "Hayase is a love interest" to "Hayase get's her heart broken and the pieces get stomped into tinier pieces".

I like Minmay but I just like Hayase more, the ending of this episode was so nice and I bet he's sticking with Minmay anyway, it hurts :(
Apr 11, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
The two under the umbrella at the end was a pretty strong hint that Misa is by no means out of the running. It's too bad that Claudia and Roy had such a tragic ending to their romance...they are two of my favourite characters in the show.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 25, 2014 7:25 AM

Sep 2011
for me this makes up for the out of hand drama as of late

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 3, 2015 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
It's nice to have one of these laid back episodes to let the viewer in on the backstories of the characters. I'm a sucker for the whole romance development and since I have been rooting for Hikaru and Hayase, it was wonderful, uninterrupted development (finally!). I wish they would have shown the course of the night at Hikaru's place but I guess cut on the walk home has its charms as well.

I was already drinking wine prior and during the episode and I feel like this might have been an unexpected perk while watching :)

And while I do make my points seriously, having a little fun with these things is half the enjoyment so in regards to Major Focker:

F*CKIN SWAGGGGGG
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 26, 2015 1:44 PM

Jan 2014
Best episode of the post-war arc so far. I dragged my feet through the last couple of eps but thankfully they cut to the chase with this one and focused on the one thing that's really keeping me watching.

Just spit it out, you two. <3
May 18, 2015 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
I need some splosions. Post-climax should not be this long and boring. I hope this is the tacked-on moneygrab I expect it is and they didn't actually plan to do this from the start.
Sep 5, 2015 1:58 AM

May 2013
This was a nice episode. Claudia is definitely one of the best friends you could get. Learning her relationship with Focker helped me to appreciate the both of them more, ah damn if only Focker didn't die.

Looks like Hikaru and Misa made up? Hope they did. The idea that Misa might actually love him is now in his head. Let's see what he does.
Apr 17, 2016 3:01 PM

Feb 2010
Definitely the best episode of this second arc. It was nice seeing more on Focker and Claudia and finally focus a bit more on Misa, coincidentially, with the characters not acting like assholes. It also opens a chance for the series to redeem itself a little bit in this second arc. There's too much damage done to completely fix it, but it can be somewhat mended

... though the preview for the next episode is not exactly a good omen.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Jul 10, 2017 2:08 PM

Sep 2012
I must say I am thoroughly disappointed that all robots were forsaken this episode. This vile emphasis on human drama leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

For real though it was all nice character development, but effectively nothing happened in the main plot. That's the kind of shenanigans that got under my skin in Evangelion.
Aug 16, 2017 12:10 PM

Dec 2015
Definitely the best episode of this second arc.

The best prt was obviously Claudia's love story.
And now Hikaru got a confirmation, both characters made their excuses and everything is back to where it was at the "real finale". Except Minmei's realization of her feelings is higher than before and we have some stupid "sub-war".

4/5
Oct 21, 2017 3:06 PM

Nov 2016
Cute episode,also liked that we got to know more about Roy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 24, 2017 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
What a great and bittersweet episode.
Nov 26, 2017 8:47 AM

Feb 2014
Hikaru in this episode reminded me a lot of Makoto from School Days. What an asshole. And that part where he was trying to act like a player was cringeworthy af. But at least he mellowed down by the end of the episode.

But yeah, aside from that, this was definitely the best episode from this travesty of an arc, thanks to Claudia and Roy's backstory.
Jan 19, 2018 8:42 PM

Sep 2013
Aw this episode wasn't bad at all! This made me miss Focker a whole bunch too! Him and Claudia are a way more appealing couple than Hikaru and Misa or Hikaru and Minmay imo
Speaking of Misa, it kinda bothered me that Hikaru apologized to her, but she never apologized to him. They both owed each other apologies, and her missing so many opportunities to do so bugged me a ton. Them agreeing to have tea kinda implies she does eventually apologize and that they come to an understanding later that night, but it would've be nice for that to be explicitly shown.
Mar 26, 2019 8:32 PM

Sep 2010
I really loved the flashback Focker is still missed.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 7, 2020 12:15 PM

Feb 2017
Nice episode. Glad we got to see more of Focker.
Jun 4, 2020 5:05 PM
Sep 2019
Typical, Hayase feeling guilty about a justified remark while Hikaru straight up bullies her.

I have no idea what's going to happen next, at this point I'm not sure I really want them to end up together anymore because too much negative stuff has happened. The only way I could see things ending well for Hayase now is if she ended up with Claudia - I don't know why I hadn't considered it before, they both lost someone and Claudia has been there behind the scenes all this time just like Hayase was for Hikaru during all the Minmay stuff. But being 80's Japan this outcome seems unlikely, would be nice though.

The Focker flashbacks were cool to see, I didn't like him at first but after those scenes I liked him a lot more. I also felt it added a lot of depth to the show overall which it has sorely been lacking.
Jul 15, 2020 6:02 AM

Aug 2017
What happened to Kamujin? Did he manage to escape so that Hikaru returned? He looked so laid back as if nothing had happened.

Some mistakes in hair color of a minor character during Claudia's flashback lol (the girl Focker was giving a ride to). Other than that, nice episode, purely personal, I quite liked it. By the way, I think it was the first time Misa called Hikaru by his name.
St0rmbladeJul 15, 2020 6:17 AM
Nov 3, 2020 4:58 PM

Nov 2018
This episode broke me.
Jan 28, 2021 4:17 AM

May 2020
What a great episode, I'm really glad we got to see more of Focker and Claudia's past.
Dec 21, 2021 1:54 PM
Jul 2021
This episode's ending was great. I was really hopefull for Hayase and Hikaru, but then I watched the preview of the next episode and now I'm getting ready for another bittersweet episode.
This anime truly is a rollercoaster.
Apr 16, 2022 3:28 AM
Feb 2018
they reaally gonna go minmay route with this one huh
Sep 15, 2022 11:18 AM

Dec 2021
Hilarious how EZ Claudia was for the young Roy Focker to seduce. One drunken monologue (how many times ya think he's pulled this ? XD) and all sins of philandering are washed away like rain.

Not even hating the player~ he just knows how to play 'em, gotta respect it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starseeker - Feb 15, 2009

72 by Baskarite »»
Apr 30, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 22 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 5, 2009

35 by Baskarite »»
Apr 26, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 4 Discussion

kiririnshi - Sep 15, 2009

36 by giannis85 »»
Mar 6, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 24 Discussion

JuicyBuddha - Jan 8, 2010

31 by YingZhe »»
Sep 30, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Jun 9, 2008

116 by kanata44 »»
Jul 3, 2023 2:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.