Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2014 11:25 AM
Mar 2008
Hahahahaha holy shit, what a fucking mess. They completely butchered the manga.
Jun 29, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
rsc-pl said:
Kerozinn said:
by far one of the worst shows this season that i have watched. 4/10

You are kidding me right? Shits like NGNL or Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou gets high notes as hell for their stupidity, but interesting series like Gokukoku no Brynhildr or Mekakucity Actors are hated, I don't get you people.

9/10

Dude , GnB , the anime , is like ......playing soccer without a middfielder and the goalkeeper....or if you dont know soccer .....it's like someone else does your math homework - the result is pleasing and satisfying but you dont know anything of it.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 29, 2014 11:29 AM

Mar 2011
Rushed as hell.
Jun 29, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2007
I don't think I'm watching another anime that ARMS makes... ruining a good story like this... just pls...
The anime didn't explained anything in the end which left me wondering... I better read the manga.
Jun 29, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
Well that was just terrible, one of the worst series I've ever watched.
Jun 29, 2014 11:52 AM
Jan 2013
mattie2710 said:
kitkatxz said:
Anyone who is able to rate this above a 1/10 IS A FUCKING MASOCHIST.
Just how can anyone think producing this show would be a good thing x.x? Japan WHY? WHY???????????????

Have you even watched the fucking show?

I think i should be asking you that.....
THIS SHOW JUST SUCKS.
Jun 29, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2010
Zeally said:
lol rushed or not this show is sooooooooooooooooo bad. Kazumi, being on her deathbed (though she doesn't die for reasons I don't even know), can only think about having babies and dying a virgin LOL. I was actually laughing rather than feeling sad.

awful just awful

4/10

The reason she didnt die was explained a few episodes back, HAtsuna cant die and can revive 1 person a day. That's what happens.

But yes, the adaptation was terrible. However, it was honestly BECAUSE it was rushed. The first half was at a pretty good pace, they did like 60-70 chapters in the first 11 episodes, skipping an entire arc of the manga that was like 10-15 chapters long I think, maybe less. I loved that arc and the character development it had. Episode 12 and 13 had like 35 chapters worth of content crammed into them. They rushed it so much they of course had to change 70% of it and make it terrible.

I promise you, if they had the budget for 24 episodes to do it properly, it would've been awesome. Read the manga, it's great.

Also, the reason Kazumi was thinking that is because she wants proof of her existence, a child. She was born into a world where she is treated as an object and Ryota is basically the first person to treat her as a person so she loves him and wants to use him to leave evidence she existed, since she lives a life where she can die at any time.

Anyway, as a huge fan of the manga, I'm very very depressed about how much they rushed and changed this story. Poor Kana didn't even get her moment to really shine like the manga.
Jun 29, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2011
Man I'm still angry. I've never hated any show this much before.
Jun 29, 2014 11:56 AM

Feb 2013
God. What have I just watched?

That was horrible.
Jun 29, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
Shitty reindeer...

No WOW... The worst thing ever existed.. congratulations... it made my eyes bleed.
Jun 29, 2014 12:14 PM
Apr 2013
For the first 9 episodes this was a super good adaptation but then they ruined it but I understand they were told to only do one season. I guess they did not expect this show to sell well enough for a second season so they just wanted to finish it and not leave it off on a cliffhanger. Not entirely sure how this is doing sales but the manga got a huge boost of popularity just from the websites i read them on and the anime seemed decently popular this season.
Jun 29, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2012
Zeally said:
Kazumi, being on her deathbed (though she doesn't die for reasons I don't even know), can only think about having babies and dying a virgin LOL. I was actually laughing rather than feeling sad.

Lmao, I know, I know... I was just like "what the fuck the last episode and this show isn't even trying"

then again I can only blame my own stupid arse for watching the whole thing but w/e
Jun 29, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
No matter how rushed this was, it was a good ending more or less. I see that the manga explains everything and all`s well there but here...I mean you get it don't you? I feel like the problem isn`t with how it is rushed but how it is acted out. They did not need to explain a lot but put a better effort in explained what they had time to explain here. Maybe that's just how I see it, nevertheless good Anime/Manga, really enjoyed it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2011
RIP Kotori
Jun 29, 2014 12:19 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, epic fail. 5/10 cose of the art.
Jun 29, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
Loved this series but that ending.... felt rushed as hell. I can figure out a bit of what happened but I wouldn't blame people being confused. Hopefully they make a second season and explain it n.n
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Jun 29, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2014
I personally loved the whole series however I didn't read the manga so I should probably put that task on my to do list XD my heart stopped when Neko kissed Ryouta and it made me want to punch someone when Neko lost her memory again, needless to say many comments point for the fact that both Kazumi and Hatsuna some how are still alive at the end, which the anime doesn't explain how, oh well ^_^ still had a great time watching this anime :)
Jun 29, 2014 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
Good show. Encouraged me to pick up the manga and just catch up after each episode without going ahead. I was confused when they skipped a whole arc in the anime but I managed. Time to read up on the rest.
Jun 29, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2011
pakoko said:
Pros:
1. The adaptation ended with a 1-cour

Cons:
1. Pacing; Any good anime adaptation wouldn't try cramming so much of the manga into just 13 episodes. The important parts were always rushed while the fanservice was drawn out -> ARMS got their priorities straight.
2. Character development; Call me heartless, but I felt nothing when all those girls "died." Nanami, Kotori, Kazumi, etc. Because 1) the deaths were rushed; 2) the reactions to these deaths were always the same; 3) I only got a superficial look at the girls' personalities (I don't know why Kazumi wants to have sex so badly, I don't know anything about Kotori as a girl besides being an airhead, caring about her friends, having the soul of ichijiku's sister, etc.)
3. Animation; I wouldn't say it's bad, but then again they didn't have many fight scenes to animate anyway... I don't want to go as far as call it lazy, but I really do.
4. Plot holes; Hatsuna can suddenly heal everyone even when she was hung up after saving Murakami. All this time the girls and Murakami always planned out their attacks carefully. We see in the last episode Kazumi and Neko, both hung up, just go straight to the enemy base without thinking of a plan -> not consistent. Like they were going to beat Valkyria with a hacker and a girl who can blast things. I won't go any further because I have yet to read the manga, but the anime ruins so much of the plot with its pacing.
5. Dialogue; As Kazumi dies, "It's sad that I'm dying a virgin." As Valkyria shows that she didn't care about the fact that she was being used, Murakami thinks "Man, these two deserve each other." Don't know if it was just poor translation, but the dialogue throughout the series was childish, poorly written, and ridiculous.
6. Unnecessary romance; Stop forcing the love triangle... Or any of love relationships (Chisato and Valkyria). No one cared about them the whole damn series since it's laughable that the girls even had time to think about these kind of things when their life was on the line every week or so.
7. Opening: LOL

Most cases why some series are rushed is because of factors such as budget, scheduled time-slot, popularity, as well as production companies final decisions. It's a sad but true fact in the industry.
Jun 29, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2011
3/10
Jun 29, 2014 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

It was a good kiss between Kuroha and Murakami.

Hatsuna and Kazumi are alive at the end.
Jun 29, 2014 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
For all it's worth, this was a still a great ending finale to my personal favorite show of the season. [Too bad she lost her memories again after this http://i.imgur.com/Ee5ivO6.jpg but it was part of the plot all along.

Great characters and music; I'm gonna have to read the manga after this. Absolutely amazing series.
Jun 29, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2008
EquivXchange said:

Most cases why some series are rushed is because of factors such as budget, scheduled time-slot, popularity, as well as production companies final decisions. It's a sad but true fact in the industry.

to directly quote pakoko (because he worded it so nicely) "The important parts were always rushed while the fanservice was drawn out" - it still doesn't excuse the really bad directing.
Jun 29, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
Someone HAS TO DO a crossover with Murakami and Suzaku's kicks (Code Geass), please.

What was this shitty ending btw? I mean, have they no shame?
Jun 29, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
Kerozinn said:

This. However, I'll be kind and give it a 6 because it did have some good moments.
Jun 29, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2014
I recommend the manga for those who didn't get what happened and I'll pretend these last few episodes never existed.
Jun 29, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2012
Rushed as expected.

Liked this despite being generic 6/10.
Jun 29, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2010
Crapy ending for a mediocre anime.
Neko forgetting everything in the end was predictable, that end battle didn't make much sense and it's very questionable how Kana could walk all of a sudden.
Jun 29, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode. Felt a bit rushed. I wanted more Valkyria vs Neko but w/e. Antimatter vs Micro Black Hole = EPIC. Neko losing her memories and Kana being able to move... HOLY SH*T. Kazu-chan is alive thx you. Poor Kotori you'll be missed.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jun 29, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2011
rsc-pl said:
Kerozinn said:

You are kidding me right? Shits like NGNL or Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou gets high notes as hell for their stupidity, but interesting series like Gokukoku no Brynhildr or Mekakucity Actors are hated, I don't get you people.

9/10
Because the show is terrible, rushed and never explains anything except put it right into your face to guess why. I.E this episode. It doesn't deserve anything past a 5.

OT: Rushed ending for a mediocre show overall. Not the worst this season but definitely not the best. 5/10.
TyrelJun 29, 2014 1:24 PM
Jun 29, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
This is a good example of how to fuck up a great manga. :) 3/10

anyone who's interested a little bit read the manga please cuz that's far more better than this can ever be
Jun 29, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Wierd, lots of unanswered question.

*reads manga chapters which relate to the episode*

Goddamnit , WTF were they thinking ?
Someone on the production comitee must really hate the series to make this atrocity.
Please, don't touch this anymore, screw second season.
Jun 29, 2014 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
I'm not sure how I'm going to rate this show....I enjoyed it, enough to pick up the manga and start reading it, and up to (at least where I am at in the manga) they followed it pretty well, but this ending felt rushed as balls......and Kotori died *sad face*

Anyway......fuck it....8/10
Jun 29, 2014 1:32 PM
Apr 2014
This show started off pretty well, but the fact that the rushed into this ending kinda ruined it. I liked this show, 7/10, however, they should've taken some time on the ending or at least taken another season to flesh out the story.

Liked the kiss between Kuroha and Murakami, I've been waiting for Kuroha to remember Murakami the whole time. Poor Kotori, I feel bad for her, but at least she saved everyone. I knew they wouldn't kill Kazumi. The fight between Valkyria and Kuroha was over too quickly.
Jun 29, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
Lol Chisato. Guy is riddled with a 1000 bullets, and he still lives long enough for a dying declaration of love. Lame.
Jun 29, 2014 1:59 PM
Aug 2010
good show until they fucked up everything
Jun 29, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
I just made my rating drop because this was so bad!
Everything was going well and then this episode came and just....f#ked everything :')!
Sorry for my language but I'm so frustrated with this!
The manga explains everything so well and is so good and this episode...changed everything relatable to the manga!
They even skipped 2 really nice enemies....
If they made 24 episode's or just a second season they could've done everything properly!
Just...why....
Jun 29, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
My god that was rushed like hell LOL.
Kiss b/n Kuroneko and Ryouta :D
Amarrez said:
>Kazumi just being alive at the end

This fucking show hahahahaha

I mean I know why she's alive, but at least the manga explains it. The anime is just like lolalive

haha ikr.
Well anyway, it's thanks to Hatsuna she's still alive..
(Did the same thing to Murakami earlier)

Final episode was a mess :(
Jun 29, 2014 2:06 PM

Dec 2010
I've read the manga, and its one of my top 5 favorites, and I still loved the show to pieces! Sure, the manga is better in nearly every way, but the way they were able to adapt the manga while still covering all the main plot points was amazing. Sure it differed a bit, especially in the ending, but it still has the same ending of the first arc of the manga, and I commend them for that!

Although 2 of my favorite moments from the final battle were cut, which would be SPOILERS FOR MANGA Kana attacking Valkyria with a knife, and Murakami killing Kotori... END SPOILERS

Anyway, the show was enjoyable, and makes me want to reread the manga, which I HIGHLY recommend. The series was still one of my favorites from this season so it gets a 9/10.

(Why did this season have so many great shows?!)
Jun 29, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2013
if i hadn't read the manga i would've been confused with this episode. disappointing and rushed 6/10
Jun 29, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2014
Lol at Kazumi being alive at the end.
Jun 29, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2008
I thought the medic chick has melted after saving Murakami, and they stated that she can regenerate unless she melts awy like a candle. Oh well, whatever. In the begining someone mentioned Kana "could move if she really wanted to" so no surprise there. I also felt the end really rushed, but it was an okay series i suppose. 7/10.
Jun 29, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2011
Sure, KO Ryouta so he can't be harmed by the enemy, good job, like his smarts wouldn't be of any help lol.

Poor Kotori T.T

So Neko is Mako's little sister huh, that's why they looked alike and it seems Kazumi is missing some blood...

Ok, so Rena's "back" to say so and asks Ryouta to stop her big brother, who's that Chisato guy.

Damn, looks like Kazumi was cut in half and Ryouta's uncle probably found the way to make those pills...

So Kana was asking someone to push the button on her harnest, I guess that's Hatsuna considering how the shadow was shaped.

Dat flying kick looool

Aha, so now Kana lost her forecast ability in exchange for being able to move.

Holy crap... Kuroneko's/Kuroha's power level is over 9000!!!!

Neko vs Mako! lol

Hmmm, Chisato protected Mako O.o

Antimatter vs Micro Black Hole! dem terms!

Dat kiss!

The rushed episode!

Let me guess... She lost all of her memories because of her attack, right? Damn, I'm really good, got it right again >.>

Ok... Hatsuna is alive as I thought, but how come Kazumi is also alive and Kana is once again in a wheelchair lol?

Rushed episode, rushed everything lol...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 29, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
Well let's just pretend these last three episodes didn't happen and get back to the manga.
Jun 29, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
You know, this show was pretty good... when you compare it to the shit that was aired this season.

First of all, the show never had the potential to be great, when the producers have to condense over 100 chapters of the manga into 13 episodes.

Second, if this anime was compared to the brilliant shows produced in 2005-2006, it would be complete and utter crap.

I wish we could just go back to the time when anime such as Code Geass and Death Note were being produced, not this crap.

Overall, good series for this season, but crap in comparison to Elfen Lied and the shows produced back in the day.

7/10
Jun 29, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2014
Dat fly kick tho.
On a serious note, this has got to be the worst ending I've ever seen.
Jun 29, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2009
So they kill off Kazumi in a totally offhand way, then bring her back with no real explanation.

Awful stuff.

Jun 29, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2013
I don't even...

I'm just going to go read the manga now...

Jun 29, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2014
As someone who hasn't seen Elfen Lied I must ask, is it as bad as this one?
Jun 29, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
wtf at the end Kazumi was cut in 2 now shes fine, Hatsuna Wakabayashi healing isnt that good

i guess duct tape fixes everything
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.