Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
ava_chan said:
kawaii-despair said:
So,everyone is alive? That's so weird. When I checked the AnR Wikia weeks ago it said Kirigaya and her red-haired seme's status was Deceased,and now they are Alive. Did the anime had an influence to this?
And if someone could tell me,the manga is still ongoing? Thinking of picking up the manga.
Just read the manga,better explanation and not rushed. And it has more Yuri in it

The Manga is barely past the Romeo & Juliet scene...
Jun 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
People saying that the Tokaku at the beginning was not the real Tokaku are confusing me.

So correct me if I'm wrong... but the Tokaku with the sword in the beginning is actually the real Tokaku.. and the Tokaku who saves Haru and claims that the Tokaku with sword is Nio... is actually Nio? I base this off the part where the Tokaku who pulled Haru away from sword Tokaku has the knife pass through her head and then Nio's weird markings flash.. And though not sword Tokaku continues to accuse sword Tokaku of pretending to be Tokaku, after not/sword/I/want/to/save/Haru Tokaku knocks sword Tokaku's knife away, not/sword/I/want/to/save/Haru Tokaku flashes Nio's teeth.... and then when she's clearly Nio (return of Nio voice) says "But I won't let you kill Haru!"... because the real Tokaku is actually attempting to kill Haru to prove that she can? And then real Tokaku stabs Haru to prove that Haru was not using the primer on her (or doesn't possess that ability? because that's sound proof!)... and then cries when she is "proved right"... but then the magical titanium saves the day... Did I get something horribly wrong, or is that pretty much what happened?

I found the whole primer thing to be a pretty stupid idea... same with Nio just screwing around with them... and of course I agree that it's pretty ridiculous how they all survived. Still I wouldn't say it was an absolutely terrible series. Maybe I just prefer a poorly written happy ending to a poorly written sad one. I didn't really expect much from the ending anyway.
Jun 20, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, that's kind of a screwed up ending. Well it's a happy one, but it's pretty much of a screwed up one. WTH did everyone survived, I need some answers.

Ah well the fight was pretty entertaining, well in most of the fights in the previous episodes. Also I pretty much forgot a couple of characters backstory when they all appeared at the end. Not enough Yuri in the series tbh XD.

6.5/10 (Guess 7 should work) ending was pretty much meh and not enough character backgrounds, but it was a good series overall.

Jun 20, 2014 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
This anime pretty much ruined the last chance it had to redeem itself. My god everything about this anime is so retarded, it's such an insult to its audience's intelligence. Well at least this train wreck is finally over
Jun 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
HARU HAS TITANIUM RIBS! XD LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NIO IS A SHAMAN!

EVERYONE LIVES :)
BUT I THINK BANBA'S SHINYA HALF DIED AND THE MIHARU SIDE SURVIVED!

GOOD MUSIC AND CHARACTERS BUT A BIT RUSHED AND NOT ENOUGH GOOD ACTION SCENES 8/10
Jun 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2008
I can't believe this. The series itself wasn't TOO bad. Some of the cast I absolutely adored, but come on. The loli & the knight shouldn't have survived. Not after that incredibly dramatic death scene they went through.

Haru & Nio surviving was asspull material. A series like this shouldn't have had a happy ending. I like happy endings, but, assassins out to kill people =/= happy ending material. Bittersweet wouldve been MUCH better.

5/10. So much disappoint. Being nice with 5.
Jun 20, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2012
Deus Ex Machina, Deus Ex Machina EVERYWHERE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
So this show ended exactly where it started. 6/10, at least it was somewhat fun to watch
Jun 20, 2014 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
Akuma no Riddle, where falling off a sky scraper, drinking poison or getting stabbed through the chest won't possibly kill anybody.
Jun 20, 2014 12:15 PM
Dec 2012
Can't wait for season 2. The ending is so so similar to the original Battle Royal script.
Jun 20, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2011
What a good way to ruin a good (not good, but okay) series. Would be better for some of them to stay dead, what's the point of bringing them back to begin with?
I was going to give this a 7/10 but had to lower it down to 5/10 because of that shitty end.
Jun 20, 2014 12:31 PM

Dec 2010
I'm really torn on the last episode of Akuma no Riddle. The series had long been one of my favorites from the very beginning, but the ending, was very disappointing.

So Tokaku wanted to kill Haru so that she could prove she wasn't being controlled, and then Haru survived due to an iron rib. Then every character is still alive, despite some of them clearly dying.

This episode was a mess, but I did like the epilogue given to all the characters. I don't know what to feel about Kirigaya and Nametame surviving. I mean, they are my Yuri OTP and all, but they should have stayed dead. Let their epilogue be their tombstones next to each other. That would have been much more fitting.

Well even with the disappointing ending, I enjoyed the series. It doesn't need, nor will it probably ever get a second season, which is fine by me.

It was a fun ride 8/10
Jun 20, 2014 12:32 PM
Jun 2014
What's sad is that they didn't leave an opening for a second season. Also, the animation went down as the episodes went.

Oh well, still decent show. Episode 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 were the best episodes in my opinion.
Jun 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Feb 2014
Oh god this was the most confusing ending I've ever seen. Two Tokakus, Haru and Nio don't die even though both are stabbed in the heart. They explained for Haru but not for Nio. And then 3 of the people that we saw killed are somehow back alive and everything is back to normal.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Jun 20, 2014 12:36 PM
Oct 2013
Dashingfella said:
What's sad is that they didn't leave an opening for a second season. Also, the animation went down as the episodes went.

Oh well, still decent show. Episode 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 were the best episodes in my opinion.

Did you not see the very last scene? Though that's for the upcoming OVA/Special. This show sold way too poorly to get a second season.
Jun 20, 2014 12:45 PM
Jan 2014
Lol, I feel so trolled after watching this episode.
I guess nothing can kill you in this anime.
Haru actually having titanium ribs was hilarous.
Maybe even an HE Shell, fired from an MBT, directly at someone's face wouldn't prove to be fatal.
Anyway, I'm glad that the characters are at least moving forward in life.

Personally, I would prefer if there wasn't a second season. I hope the OVA is going to contain a lot of yuri content.
Jun 20, 2014 12:48 PM

Feb 2014
All I have to say is what type of bullshit ending was that.
1: I thought Nio was better than how she performed being the last fight and all
2: Everyone that I knew was dead suddenly came back to life. For example Nio had a knife into her neck, Haru had a knife into her and even had a death scene moment, Isuke Inukai neck was properly broken, and even the Romeo and Juliet (one of my favorite episodes because of their supposed death) lived even when one drank poison and the other got a knife in the heart. There are like two more but their deaths were not that important.
3: That entire ending quite literally sunk the show into a a large gaping plot hole
4: Haru has ribs that are made out of titanium? What!?

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jun 20, 2014 12:51 PM
May 2014
i actually like the happy ending, but i hope there's gonna be a season 2
Jun 20, 2014 12:53 PM
Jun 2014
StormNA said:
Dashingfella said:

Did you not see the very last scene? Though that's for the upcoming OVA/Special. This show sold way too poorly to get a second season.

How much did the series end up selling?

Haven't seen the ending completely yet.
Jun 20, 2014 12:54 PM
May 2014
bobfisherking said:
Let's be honest you guys should have seen the no death ending coming it was forecasted way early on in the anime when in the romeo and juliet scene they took the deadly poison and they went to the hospital instead of dying and yes it was mentioned in that episode or the following that they went to the hospital. The fact that no one was dying the whole series pretty much reinforces that no one will die, I was actually pleasantly surprised by the ending I thought it was going to be the same typical oh no I killed her what have I done or I protected her all this time time to kill her cause i'm a cold hearted bitch bwahahahaha. No the happy ending was quite a stray from how animes of this type typically end was a bland every episode assassin fight which would put it at a solid 5/10 but the ending definitely boosted it to a 7/10 for me.

i totally agreed with everything you said
Jun 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
O.O

What is this!?! Everyone being alive and that titanium rib.
Nio being the other Tokaku with her shaman powers. Made that fight kinda hard to follow until she got knocked away. Felt a little confused on why Haru charged at Tokaku.

Seeing everyone doing their own thing was nice in a way. Such as Haruki, Hitsugi and Chitaru. Hmm. I thought Tokaku was the one to be in the ceremony. It was a happy ending, but I feel unsatisfied with such an abrupt ending.
Jun 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't really like the happy ending, I think I'd like this better if everyone who was killed stayed dead. Overall, pretty good anime though.
wow gay
Jun 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Wow I had hoped the ending would at least be satisfying but I guess I hoped too much from this train wreck. An anime about assassins where no one dies even the two that supposedly killed each other -______-"

I mean WTF??? the way Haru survived was just... graaaaahhhh!! Even that ojou-sama who fell from the top floor also survived... I swear Alka from Blade and Soul can kill all of them in half episode.

Nio was rather disappointing too for a last boss -_-

Whew.. can't believe I actually completed this... then again I survived Coppelion so...

2/10. At least it's nicely animated and some of the ending songs were quite nice.
Jun 20, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2012
Woops everyone is dead let's just bring them back to life and make it a happy ending
-The blade of the forefather who introduced the spirit of the roundabout-
Jun 20, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
This is like an ending of a kids show. I do like happy endings but such ending doesn't fit to this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2014 1:17 PM

May 2014
WTF did i just saw?
I mean, i was prepared for the worst and then this ;___;
just kill me and then click the RESET button ^^
Jun 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Mar 2013
A 1 episode special is supposed to air on Dec 17, 2014... Hope it cleans up the ending.
Jun 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Dec 2013
I really enjoyed the whole show the last 2 months, I thought it was really good but the ending to this show was by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Half way through the episode, I thought everyone there would die or at least tokaku but no instead everyone is alive and well.

I don't normally write posts but I felt like it was necessary for me to vent my disappointment.

I still enjoyed the show a lot so I gave it 8/10
Jun 20, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2009
I don't mind that Haru survived(at least we got the explanation). But Hitsugi, Chitaru, Hanabusa and Nio is the other case. I just hope 13 ep won't be some fanservice special(or at least it would be yuri)
Jun 20, 2014 1:26 PM
Jun 2014
Oh come on!

That's some bullshit right there! Everyone is just okay? Everyone survived?

It makes a lot of the drama the series thrived on completely pointless!
Jun 20, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
These characters had ridiculous amounts of plot armor. Did we really need a super-happy ending? It sort of cheapens the entire story.
Jun 20, 2014 1:42 PM

Aug 2011
Why was this episode only 14 minutes long?
Jun 20, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2012
Welp, was enjoying this anime, then, "Everyone's alive!"

Yeah. Not much else to say really. Everyone else has already said it.
Jun 20, 2014 2:02 PM

Feb 2011
RomanaDesu said:
Whattheheck, how did some of them even survive.. .___.

Nailed it. I'm pretty sure the girls that played Romeo x Juliet died for sure.

What the fuck is wrong with this series and why did they want so bad to screw the finale.
Jun 20, 2014 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
Another anime that couldn't manage to end properly. I liked the show overall, but this episode had too many ass pulls and retarded "twists".
Jun 20, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2013
That. Was. Awesome.
Jun 20, 2014 2:10 PM

Jan 2014
What a twist O.O i was blown when Tokaku appeared twice. I'm not sure why Haru ran towards Tokaku to get "killed" but oh well, no one died so that's a happy ending... not exactly what i expected but good nontheless.

I don't think we'll get a second season but maybe a special or similar based on that sms.
Jun 20, 2014 2:15 PM

Feb 2013
l was going to give this series an 8 when Tokaku "killed" Haru because i though it was sad and emotional...l really loved it tbh...then the rest happened and l was like..meh. 6/10

Jun 20, 2014 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
Something like Titanium ribs actually exist... but the authors got it wrong.
Titanium ribs are used for children with severe chest deformities. Its to create more space for the lungs to breath not to replace shattered lungs. That doesn't really increase Haru's chance of survival against a knife getting stuck in her chest.

That endings was horrible. That entire episode was pretty terrible. The series was going at such a good direction as well :(

I feel trolled. Time to pretend that, that ending didn't happen and that Haru died along with a lot of the other assassin's~
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Jun 20, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2012
Started generic and boring,got interesting and decent 6/10.

Happy ending though...everyone fucking lived,when they were all suppose to died except for Tokaku & Haru.

Ohh and Tokaku vs Tokaku (Nio) was kinda hard to follow.I thought they were going to go cliche and have Haru kill one of the Tokaku and it be like "it cause I know you so well" or something among those lines.

This happy ending really sucked.
Jun 20, 2014 2:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
uh what

I demand so many explanations of how everyone suddenly was alive
Jun 20, 2014 2:43 PM

Mar 2014
Well the finale. Barely descent imo, nothing special. An overall 5/10 from me.

Damn everyone was alive?... Get serious.....

I think what this series missed was Urobuchi, he would have potential to make this better.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 20, 2014 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
What did the show tried to accomplish?
What a lame ending. The EDs were great though, especially this last one.
Jun 20, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2012
At some point I got confused at Nio VS Tokaku. They should have used Nio's VA once the ruse was discovered...

KIRIGAYA AND CHITARU ARE ALIVE! YES!!!!!!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 20, 2014 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
This episode blew my mind ...

I think that all the assasins risked their lifes for the sake of Haru clan that's why they are all alive now .

it's rewatch time , i must comprehend the whole series to make the AnR AMV .

AoJun 20, 2014 3:05 PM
Jun 20, 2014 3:03 PM

Jun 2013
Really?????

What a let down, this ending

Good episode until the last part...
Jun 20, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
sorry but that ending brought the show down from a 9 to a 6 for me.
Jun 20, 2014 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
AliasAngel said:
i had no subs so hardly understood anything,what happened when Haru got stabbed?
really confusing episode guess 8/10 but i like happy endings.

Well, if you don't have subs it's sure to be confusing...
When she got stabbed the knife touched the bones and didn't pierced the heart. A BS theory...
Apart from the first episode it was one of the worst anime this spring.

Correction - one of her ribs was made out of titanium due to a previous injury. So because of the fact that she's been injured over and over again (scars anyone?) that much is plausible.

But how on earth did EVERYONE survive? I could see Nio surviving due to her lineage. Those tattoos obviously account for more. So it's plausible her abilities extend further then explained which is why she survived.

But "the princess", Chitaru, and, Hitsugi should have died. Or AT THE VERY LEAST Chitaru and Hitsugi. So what the hell happened? They poisoned each other.

Hell I'm confused about most of this episode. I got the ending I wanted, but due to the characters being "resurrected" it really cheapened it for me. Did the chairwoman somehow hit a damn reset button due to Tokaku wishing for Haru to live a peaceful life?

So what about this special episode? I didn't hear anything about that. Just the "Preview" with Tokaku presumably getting the correct answer on the riddle. Or was that the preview for the "special episode?"

EDIT: Sorry only one of them was poisoned. The show went by so fast I can't remember which one it was. But one got stabbed while the other was poisoned. Oh that's right, Hitsugi was stabbed presumably in the heart. Chitaru poisoned herself. So how on EARTH did they BOTH survive?

They went totally left field with this "happy end." Not sure on my rating. This episode? 2/5 because of the huge ass plot hole EVEN THOUGH I wanted the "Yuri end." Overall series? 7/10 I guess. Was an 8 or 9. But that ending just screwed it all up. The special episode better do something to fix this.
xPreatorianxJun 20, 2014 3:24 PM
Jun 20, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
plz no season 2 of this shit
Jun 20, 2014 3:25 PM
Aug 2012
why in the heck did tokaku try kill haru anyone know? it cant jst be because she belives wat some other person tells her over believing in the person she loves makes no sense after woulds u wld be like oh i wasnt controlled then oh my best and only friend is dead now what lol seriously wtf show

some of the characters that where definatly dead where still alive like the romeo and juliet ones she took a lethal dose of poison if she was taken to hospital the others would have known she wasnt dead so i assume they didnt so is she like imune to poisons. the 2nd queen fell from a sky scrapper and some how lived wth wth wth crapiest story in along time there was no real backstory into harus scares in as the actual event of how they where gained a flash back wld be nice

hopefully the special explains the reason behind tokaku attacking haru and some insight on her scares
kingfelix92Jun 20, 2014 3:31 PM
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.