Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 10, 2014 8:38 PM

Jun 2013
OMG im so sad this is over, it better get a damn second season! This is going onto my favorites list :)
Jul 11, 2014 12:43 AM

Jan 2014
How cute :$ We need more romance like this. Not rushed ones...
A sweet and innocent one like this is by far better :)
Considering that, I'm not even sure if a season 2 is needed...
Jul 11, 2014 4:04 PM

Sep 2013
Yeah. Definitely disappointed with the show.
Jul 13, 2014 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
Wow..
Okay.. I really like the characters.
Comedy there's nothing special but could still put a smile on my face. :)
The story pace is considerably slow.. but I don't dislike it.
It wouldn't do well for those wanting to see progress or developments..
Since it focus more on interactions between the characters.
It's quite distinct.. like a mix and match of romance and SOL here and there.
I can see why some would like or dislike it.

Exchanging contacts at the last episode... that's something you don't get frequently.
Well.. the last episode does seem a little lacking.. like it doesn't feel like it ended at all.
I get the similar feeling with usual the episodes.. like it's still on-going or something.
I bet many feels like there isn't much of a conclusion to this anime.

Anyway, this anime is the cutest thing I've seen this year so far.
Ritsu is tooooooo adorable...!!!!
The anime feels as if its alive.. the art and animation are really to my taste.
I'd really wait for another season.. otherwise it would be a waste to be honest.
The manga isn't translated that far out also.. bummer.
Jul 13, 2014 3:54 AM

Jan 2013
I did like the pacing though. I expected that the series will not end with a kiss or what not especially with just 12 episodes. 8/10 for me
Jul 14, 2014 2:39 AM
May 2012
Drunk Ritsu *^*
Well, I enjoyed this Anime, and a second season would be cool :D
I will wait for the specials :3 Thank you ^^
Jul 20, 2014 10:06 PM
Oct 2012
Totally enjoyed this show. At first Usa's character was very annoying but I get to like his character later on. Definitely one of the best slice of life anime that I've watched, 9/10
Jul 21, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
Waffelman83 said:
I just feel that there isn't a conclusion to this show. There has to be a second season coming!

It didn't feel like a season finale at all. Also hoping for a second season.
Jul 26, 2014 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
I enjoy the show, but I feel like the other series that have lower ratings than this deserve more. I mean this show rated quite high so I kind of expecting too much and end up quite disappointed.
7/10 from me.
Jul 27, 2014 6:41 AM
May 2012
A funny rom-com overall. It's more of that than a SOL for me. The characters and their interaction as unexpectedly great. They have great chemistry and they made every scene enjoyable.

Another great one from Brain's Base, they don't really disappoint on most of their offerings.

9/10.
Aug 15, 2014 11:10 AM

Mar 2008
this anime is more comedy than romance! but brautiful romacne!

08/10

Saison 2 pls
Aug 16, 2014 2:06 AM
Aug 2013
the Mitsui guy is good looking tho, if only he was put in another series

None of the girls were at fault or both of them were at fault, either way. Maemura has a life, Ritsu is just TOO passionate. It doesn't seem like Maemura disliked talking about books, Ritsu just didn't pick her words better and she loses her cool a lot when trying to explain things
Usa was right about his advice of telling her to "give it a rest" and as expected Ritsu wasn't able to choose the actual words she wanted to say, and the fact that she can't say NO like she usually does in the Complex

Seems like the only person who can tolerate and understand Ritsu is Usa, he really doesn't have much choice in this series, the SHOUJO RULE. Not that Usa doesn't actually want her too though

drunk scene is cute, but it's kind of cliche
Usa is a really sweet guy

As an episode it's an ok, but it's the last ep, so it's a meh
The episode feels like all their other episodes, funny, light and cute, not a bad thing either, because I do like all of their episodes. They didn't even bother changing the ed song animation.
There are HUGE TONS of gags and tiny stuff in every signle episode that i wasn't able to take note of every sigle damning one of them :|

I do love all the characters :D , not a single one gives me a 'meh' feeling. Impossible to have a fave character here.

12 dang episodes, for a cell phone number and an email address
I AM DISAPPOINTED
Aug 25, 2014 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
Drunk words are sober thoughts... anyway I didn't really expect much when I started this series.. I only decided to watch this so that I can get breaks from marathoning Bleach but it turned the other way... Bleach became the break and this is what I marathoned.. hahah damn

The pacing was slow.. very slow and I understand what others are saying about the characters and stuff but those are not the only things a show should have in order to be entertaining. I say fuck all those deep stuff.. let the elitists pick out what's good and what's trash.. I was entertained and that's what's important

8/10 I want a sequel already!
PrimeXAug 25, 2014 2:50 AM
Aug 31, 2014 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
This is probably the worst SOL show I've watched this season. The main character is a creep, the girl is a stereotypical bookworm. Humor falls flatter than a flea. It's just a very overrated and shitty anime. 3/10
Sep 15, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2007
iLostReason said:

8/10 - great characters (Kawai, Shiro, Mayumi, Sayaka), awesome comedy moments (especially between Shiro and Mayumi), amazing art and not a bad animation, full relax.If there was more romance development, the score would be probably even higher.

this this and this
Sep 16, 2014 4:46 PM

May 2012
At the start of this anime I had high hopes for this series, but it does look like they didn't really progressed too much with the actual development, the character development on their own was pretty lovely though and I quite liked the overall setting and atmosphere but the lack of proper romance development in anyway did bother me.

All in all it was a pretty lovely and quite good looking anime! 7/10
Oct 14, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
took 12 f*cking episodes just for exchanging phone numbers?

THIS SERIES IS..................... AWESOME

no really it's a good series but i can see most people raging about the boring conclusion...

hope theres another season to save this

otherwise a meh 7/10
Oct 20, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2012
I can't believe how overrated this show is. The characters are boring and one-dimensional. Why did I even start writing this, it would take me ages to write how disappointing and bad this anime is.
Nov 17, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
I always read
僕らはみんな河合荘
as
僕らはみんなかわいそう

which basically means something along the lines of "we're all pitiable"
sometimes i wonder if they chose the title as a play in words

the fact that Usa only managed to get her phone numbers after several episodes is indeed pitiable.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 29, 2014 1:29 AM

Jun 2011
M4XY said:
I can't believe how overrated this show is. The characters are boring and one-dimensional.
Agree. The one dimensional characters is one of my problems with the show, I don't really mind them if it wasn't for the obnoxiously repetitive running jokes. Running jokes can be great if you do it well. The 2 male leads annoy me too. "Senpai" was all "look at me I am sooo kawaii" (she's even named Kawai), and she gets mad at Usa when it's not even Usa's fault. Usa was all about "Senpai won't you notice me". In this episode, he was thinking about taking advantage of a drunk "senpai", talk about being ungentlemanly. The list goes on..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 4, 2015 7:56 PM

Dec 2013
all in all, I enjoyed watching this series. I didn't get bored or something, and I looked forward to each episode. I hope this series will get season 2.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jan 9, 2015 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
Thinking to read the manga now! I want to know what happens next...especially since Usa FINALLY got Kawai's number. Anyway, I loved it...overall I was going to give it a 7/10 but I was really taken by the humor. I enjoyed every part, every scene. I liked the opening/ending, animation and all. It should have had more than 12 episodes, hopefully there will be a season two. Anyway, 8/10 on my side.

Mar 1, 2015 3:32 PM

May 2008
Great show! 10/10. Idk why but I love Ritsu's eyes! It's just fits her char perfectly~
Apr 27, 2015 10:13 PM

Jun 2012
Was really boring at times. Ritsu was the saving grace of the series though.
May 12, 2015 12:53 AM

Jan 2012
If anything, this last episode was more of a beginning. Usa and Ritsu still aren't a couple, heck any romantic feelings Ritsu may have are more heavily implied through actions or blushes than anything. So yeah, their story still has quite a way to go. This series surprised me. I'd been contemplating watching it for awhile and I'm glad I finally did. In just 12 episodes I grew rather attached to these characters. As I said in an earlier comment their interactions felt familial, in a legitimate sense. It almost felt like watching a classic sitcom, though I mean that in a positive sense. Everytime I watched that opening where the characters would pose in a freeze-frame I got that impression. Usa was a likable main character, and it was easy to relate to Ritsu given her personality. The art/character designs/background designs/color pallete were all wonderful. I can't count how many times Ritsu looked visually stunning. I'm disappointed I don't run across shows that look like this more often. The comedy was primarily based on character interaction, and much of it worked fine for me. The show had some heart and several rather adorable moments to go along with it. I'd love a second anime season, but don't think it likely unfortunately. 8/10
Jun 24, 2015 12:10 AM
Mar 2015
Neizaru said:

The girl looks like a boy and is an overwhelmingly boring cold fish, romance non-existent, setup pretends to be realistic taking the viewer for a gullible idiot, no plot, overly annoying side characters whose only purpose is to be annoying, overused cliches pushed to such extreme degrees it makes harem series look like literary masterpieces

Well, maybe you should keep watching harem animes then? I'm personally glad that this show didnt have stupid fanservice scenes every two mintites. Rather than that it actually built up the relationship between main characters through trust and friendship.
nozomidream9Jun 24, 2015 12:30 AM
Jun 24, 2015 12:14 AM
Mar 2015
Kirion said:
Just ad to do this :)

Usa's enhancing imagination^^

Here is the atual pic of Ritsu in swimsuit, though:)
nozomidream9Jun 24, 2015 12:19 AM
Jun 24, 2015 12:29 AM
Mar 2015
Alice said:

Some people here are complaining about how "slow" the development between Usa and Ritsu is - this is exactly what I loved about it. Finally an anime wherein the characters feel like they naturally get to know each other better and not just suddenly end up dating, kissing, etc.

True that.
Cant believe it was the last episode. Though, i guess its was a good encouragement for reading the manga. The fantasy guy at the beginning was already suspicious. Like, he was too handsome to be at goukon meeting.^^ Drunk Ritsu was such a mess, hahaXD Overall, i liked the series, will read manga and hope for a 2nd season. Though, i do think that Mayumi, Sayaka and Shiro need to have more development and variety in character. They are sure hilarious, though.
Jul 16, 2015 9:18 PM

Sep 2010
Drunk Rit-chan was cute.

I liked this series especially the art very vibrant and colorful and I love girls that have tomboyish hairstyles like Tachibana Hotaru, Haruhi Fujoka, and Rit-chan.

7/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 21, 2015 7:56 AM

Aug 2011
It is quite boring slice of life for me. I didn't drop and completed this show just for Hanazawa.
Aug 28, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2010
Nice slice of life series with romantic subplot, but I really wish to see more development between Kawai and Usa. It needs a second season.
Aug 30, 2015 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
The way Mr. Netorare changes into Usa halfway is still hilarious to me lmao...

Funny thing is there actually ends up bein a guy there (naturally) thats tryna get w/ Ritsu. Dude was a resisted grab away from being a rapist. (the second to be shown in this series for that matter)

Im close to giving in and just reading the manga at this point. I doubt we'll ever get a 2nd season.

I guess Im the only one who fell in love w/ this anime. Lol.
SJ7izmAug 30, 2015 4:24 AM
Nov 6, 2015 1:27 PM

Feb 2015
I NEED a season 2. I REALLY do. Why do so many anime not get a season 2? Sakurasou also needs one.
Nov 29, 2015 3:59 AM
May 2013
WOW , this is by far my no.1 anime in the category "Worst SoL I've ever watched" .
I hope this won't get a 2nd season , is waste to animate a boring anime like this , I wish I've tried manga 1st maybe I'd have enjoy it , the fact this is progressing slow made it worse .
Jan 2, 2016 10:31 AM

Feb 2015
it was a relaxing romance......i love it so much, especially ritsu's personality. it was a great ride. the art looked beautifull too. and the show filled with comedy, i like this kind of stuff. but they ended it without any romantic conclusion. well , at least usa made it halfway. i hope for second season tbh. i want they to finally get together.
Compare to sakurako no pet na kanojo, i prefer this one becasue this one is more like a relaxing show, and with comedy and romance on top of that. the problems weren't so hard too, so yeah. i'm more into that kind of stuff rather that hard problems or somthing like that in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. it's not like i dislike that anime, i like it and enjoy it, but compare to that, i prefer this anime. obvious i give it 9/10.

they seriously need to make another season for the development between usa and ritsu. they just end it like that, i feel a little bit disappointed too, tbh.
Jan 19, 2016 4:49 PM

Apr 2011
Felt like it ended too soon, just not enough development D:
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jan 25, 2016 8:42 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, that was a really solid show. This is the second series I've watched recently that has had a slow build up but didn't really go anywhere in the end (Isshuukan Friends being the other). However, I've grown to enjoy them. I much prefer this kind of romance over some sort of harem or a love triangle with loads of drama.

The characters were all pretty likable, I enjoyed the comedy though it wasn't super crazy funny it did get me to laugh a few times, and the romance was slow but nice. All n all 8/10 from me, I'd love it to be wrapped up by a 2nd season but I doubt that'll happen.. welcome to my anime life :)
Feb 23, 2016 4:58 AM
Feb 2016
Usa x Ritsu... 10/10

Overall I'd say, its a great anime. Though I was actually expecting something more surprising between the two in this last episode. Nevertheless, it still has that love spice in the end.
From my point of view, I'd say this anime really deserves a second season. Does it not? :)
Oct 28, 2016 5:50 AM
Sep 2015
Loved it, 10/10 from quite far out.
Heres to hoping for a season 2.
Watch Nichijou
Dec 23, 2016 2:34 AM

Jan 2016
Too many people complain about this anime, well it has its flaws, but for some reason i really like the humor in this series and every episode, it always ends up making laugh.

8/10
Jan 6, 2017 6:30 PM

Dec 2014
I was kinda disappointed, but then you guys made me realize. This series couldn't have ended in another way.

Though, I still am disappointed because i want more! xD I hope there will be a 2nd series, and i will look for the mango.
Feb 13, 2017 7:02 PM

Sep 2015
Decent anime and pretty good ending 7/10. Drunk Senpai was so kawaii and now she's starting to call him Baka. Might read the manga but its ongoing and I fear I might make myself sad if theres no further romance advances between them. Gonna miss the perverted Shiro (im no sadist). #ShiroXMayumi4lyfe
Mar 27, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
I really expected a lot before watching this show because of the positive reviews.
But I guess Sakurasou did a better job in character development and pacing than this one. Still a nice show for me.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 9:01 AM
Jul 2015
This anime was very enjoyable, ive always laugh on each episodes.
Oct 13, 2017 12:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Enjoyable, fun and intriguing watch, overall. Honestly, myself being a Romance fan, it was a little disappointing but the humor and the uniqueness of the relationships, especially that of the main couple and the cast, made up for it wonderfully.
Overall, a solid 8.4/10 from here and I hope a Second Season is in the making although chances are much too unlikely for it anyway.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 15, 2017 1:07 PM

Jun 2009
This was a really enjoyable, refreshing and nicely paced anime with lots of hilarious moments. Too bad it ended too soon, moreover at the climax and there are no signs of the second season. I yearn for more of this intriguing story. Guess I will have to start reading manga. 9/10 overall
Dec 2, 2017 1:01 PM

Oct 2013
Just finished the series, quiet enjoyable because of the art, the slow character development kinda irritating. The finale kinda drop my expectation, after all these episodes they haven't even went on a date once, he only managed to get her phone number.. i feel betrayed by my own expectation, well at least i enjoy the vibes of first love, so pure. lel

Lack of romance aspect for a romance tagged anime series like this. It'd be great if Usa took the lead instead of being so awkward around Ritsu, also the MC is a bit annoying at some parts. The only reason i kept watching is Mayumi, if only the MC go for Mayumi instead of Ritsu that'd be even more interesting

Also i'm so curious with Sayaka's bare face without make up

Overall score 6/10, might read the manga, i heard it's better than the anime adaptation, i won't expect much this time just to be betrayed again by my own expectation, damn it
Dec 5, 2017 6:39 AM
Apr 2017
Very recomended Comedy Romance anime.. Love u Ricchan-senpai
Mar 26, 2018 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
is no one going to comment on the fact that usa was literally having rape fantasies lol...? like wtf that really disturbed me

everytime he commented on how "slender" and "delicate" she was and basically orgasmed at the thought of touching her i wanted to throw up lmao

welp now i know the inside of a teenage boys mind i suppose... ladies be warned, this is a romance anime purely from male angle

7/10 for the lulz
Feb 11, 2019 10:20 PM

Aug 2017
Waste of time, 2/10. Wimp Usa cannot make any moves in 12 episodes. The whole anime is the two leads blushing and apologizing. For a while early on I was wondering if senpai was secretly a boy.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

83 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:35 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

91 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

120 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 11:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.