Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2014 11:47 AM

Apr 2013
I lol'ed so hard when I saw this anime's score went up again. I don't care anymore...
(In all honesty NGNL is really good but not THIS good. Then again, it's all my own opinion and I don't believe I'll change people's minds)

BTW nice episode.
YumeNoMonogatariJun 18, 2014 12:05 PM
Jun 18, 2014 11:48 AM

May 2013
Izuna admitting that the game is fun and her transformation looks crazy. Great episode.
Jun 18, 2014 11:49 AM
Feb 2014
Lyfa said:
What a great episode, I secretly hoped the game would come to a conclusion this episode already but it'll go over the last episode which I'm just fine with as well.
Now as for that last scene "magic can't be used" ... oh really?... I hate cheaters in games and I can't say I'm happy seeing them cheat in a anime either xp

"Blood Devastation" or how it is called in the anime "Bad Blood" is an inborn ability of the warbeasts and unlike Jibril's wings has nothing to do with magic.

What is does (apart from the transformation) can be seen if you look closely at the end ;-)
Jun 18, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2009
I liked how the Warbeast embassy was in the Art Deco style of the Empire state building. 1930's eh? So the year 2010's Tokyo would be way into the future for them hence the Gal*ge VR parody's setting. Cultural differences (aka lack of Military necessities) leading to different technological progress.

Anyways, fine episode. So many parodies that its a wonder they're not breaking copyright. Gal*ge x Left 4 Dead lol.

Also what was that game over BGM that played when Sora was talking. Highly familiar...its at the tip of my tounge too...
Jun 18, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
Blank strikes again... my God that episode was all kinds of awesome!

I laughed waaay harder than I should have when they found out that the Tokyo they were in wasn't real...

I swear to God though, when the opening to the game came on, I instantly thought, "Oh GOD, is it a dating simulator?"

So much love going on in that episode. I love how Shiro shoots Sora immediately after the rules are explained, and then again with Jibril and Shiro. And then Steph and herself.

The calculations Sora made in order to shoot the panties of the one NPC was awesome, and his reaction when she disappeared right before the panties were completely gone, my sides were hurting.

Then that final fight... Izuna going completely BERSERK... holy crap, this last episode is gonna be intense...

Overall though, let's hope for a season 2...
Jun 18, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2013
Epic! Great episode! That was pretty action packed, it exceeded my expectations in that regard.

Oh Steph, why must you be such a Steph?

Jibril was awesome. She said she was NTRing xD

Final episode next week :( that makes me sad. I will hope for a 2nd season at some point in the future. I can't wait to read the novels after the show finishes.
Jun 18, 2014 12:09 PM

Jan 2011
The puns, the puns!
God damn it, why does it have to end next week. Also, I really hope Steph will be usefull in the end. So far all she has been is a pair of walking boobs with a key between them...
Jun 18, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2013
I really want a second season..
Jun 18, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
This was hilarious. Jibril's reactions are great XD

Wonder how Steph will save the day?
Jun 18, 2014 12:20 PM

Mar 2012
Those references .-.

AWESOME EPISODE! I was waiting a FPS game in NGNL for a long time =D
Jun 18, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2014
Caleb8980 said:
That's because he really thought Shiro was taken by Izuna; that was pure improvisation on Shiro's side, not sth that was planned beforehand ;-)

Which you can also see by what Sora thought in the staircase, if that whole sequence would be part of a plan that part would be nonsense, because if anything he would think about how their plan worked :D
Well that retcons their entire "never go without a plan" motif.

I'm really starting to get tired of the plan reveals right before their results are shown, either do it before executing it or after.
Jun 18, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
isn't izuna using magic now at the end? the game should be over

next episode is the last and i don't believe this series is going to end next week
something i didn't like much throughout these 11 (12 to be) episodes is that they really didn't get to know their new country at all...
looking forward to a second season
Jun 18, 2014 12:30 PM

May 2014
Botato said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
lol well NGNL has some action in it again this week which means it's time for MAL to go completely berserk and over the top in it's praises. Predict a Top 30 ranking by the weekend.

Sounds great. I hope it does get top 30 :)

Oh please no. I'm all for this this sleazy fanservice. But it has no place among the masterpieces, it's never intended to be something deep, serious or meaningful deserving of such a position.
Jun 18, 2014 12:30 PM
Feb 2014
T3hSource said:
Caleb8980 said:
That's because he really thought Shiro was taken by Izuna; that was pure improvisation on Shiro's side, not sth that was planned beforehand ;-)

Which you can also see by what Sora thought in the staircase, if that whole sequence would be part of a plan that part would be nonsense, because if anything he would think about how their plan worked :D
Well that retcons their entire "never go without a plan" motif.

I'm really starting to get tired of the plan reveals right before their results are shown, either do it before executing it or after.

Well they have a plan, remember that Sora wanted a soundproof space to say sth to Steph ;-)

But it is rather normal that not everything goes as planned, does it?

Shiro thought sth up on the spot so that their plan doesn't get foiled, hence Sora didn't know anything and reacted as he did.
Jun 18, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2007
T3hSource said:
Botato said:

Oh please no. I'm all for this this sleazy fanservice. But it has no place among the masterpieces, it's never intended to be something deep, serious or meaningful deserving of such a position.

Too late lol
Jun 18, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2014
T3hSource said:
Botato said:

Now I'm hope it happens even more...
Jun 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2014
That was probably one of the best episodes of the series! Loved the references to other animes like Persona and Steins Gate (with background pictures! lol). The comedy, action, and pacing were all great but it seems like they are sticking with the fact that Steph's character is almost there for just comedy relief and stuff. Although that spell that was placed on her may unlock some hidden potential or something...
Jun 18, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
T3hSource said:
Botato said:

Who said top 30 was filled with masterpieces? If those crappy animes that I shall not name deserves to be in first 30 then No Game No Life does to.
Jun 18, 2014 12:41 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
Botato said:

I'm sorry but when was "deep" or "serious" a measure for quality?
This is a comedy/adventure about games, and it's a masterpiece in what it tries to do.
Jun 18, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2014
W4hammerWho said:
said top 30 was filled with masterpieces? If those crappy animes that I shall not name deserves to be in first 30 then No Game No Life does to.

You're right, Gintama's rated above Legend of Galactic Heroes.

And if that's what people want, then yes NGNL "deserves" to be there too.
Jun 18, 2014 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
T3hSource said:
Botato said:

tbh I fail to see how something HAS to be deep or meaningful to be good?
Just look at Shingeki, it tried so hard to be deep, yet it failed so spectacularly at that and made itself mediocre. It would be better off not trying so hard.

people like it and that's the point of it - anime are made to be an entertainment.
Better for it to be good at what it is than trying to be deep just for the sake of it - 'deepness' isn't the first best value in stuff, I *personally* find it childish mostly. It's the elitist and superiority aura it gives off: "wow im so deep im better than everything else, listen to me being deep", hell no.
Jun 18, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2009
We just need someone to make that actual game and sell it worldwide. Would have many buyers.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jun 18, 2014 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
T3hSource said:
Botato said:

Y'know, something doesn't need to be deep and meaningful to be good.

Jun 18, 2014 12:50 PM

Oct 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
You don't understand, it's the greatest, just the greatest, the absolute greatest, the masterpiece of masterpieces and just utterly genius and the most intensest most EPICest EPIC show of our EPIC times. It can do no wrong cause it's just THAT great and did I mention EPIC! If you disagree you are wrong because you are a hater so stop being a hater.

Wow, I am not sure which is better, this episode or how much hate you must be stewing in right now.....

Sorry to dissapoint you but there's not really any hate. I'm pretty bemused by how far MAL is willing to run with the NGNL hype and not surprised its going to the bitter end with it. I don't really take the things people are saying about it anywhere seriously enough for there to be any sort of emotional response to what people are saying. Its not going to change anything about late night anime culture, it brings nothing I haven't seen before in gag reference comedy shows (which is one of the most common genres and even forms the vast majority of all comedy anime in the modern era) to the table , its going to be a modest success at best and I'm willing to bet once the next big hyped show takes over for it it'll be forgotten just like that if/until it gets a followup season, probably faster than even I forget about it once its done.
Jun 18, 2014 12:51 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
W4hammerWho said:
said top 30 was filled with masterpieces? If those crappy animes that I shall not name deserves to be in first 30 then No Game No Life does to.

Yes it deserves to be there. So does Gintama. If people like it, then it deserves to be held in high regards by them.
Jun 18, 2014 12:51 PM
Sep 2013
T3hSource said:
W4hammerWho said:

then it means NGNL is the second coming of Gintama
Jun 18, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
I can see Steph showing up and saving the game for them, but it's gonna be really tough to deal with Izuna-tan now.
Jun 18, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2014
cr0nuz said:
then it means NGNL is the second coming of Gintama
Just needs another 30 light novel volumes(or w/e they are) and at least 5 more seasons. And license it to the US.

$$$$$ALL.THAT.MONEH$$$$$

Kadokawa get on that shit, the weeaboos are also ready!
Jun 18, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. That looks like a very fun game. I hate that Steph is just comedic fodder this time... I thought she would land the final blow... but this game isnt over yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 1:05 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Sorry to dissapoint you but there's not really any hate. I'm pretty bemused by how far MAL is willing to run with the NGNL hype and not surprised its going to the bitter end with it. I don't really take the things people are saying about it anywhere seriously enough for there to be any sort of emotional response to what people are saying. Its not going to change anything about late night anime culture, it brings nothing I haven't seen before in gag reference comedy shows (which is one of the most common genres and even forms the vast majority of all comedy anime in the modern era) to the table , its going to be a modest success at best and I'm willing to bet once the next big hyped show takes over for it it'll be forgotten just like that if/until it gets a followup season, probably faster than even I forget about it once its done.

Selling over to 1/2 million volumes is not a "modest" success. As for disc sales, they will start selling next Thursday, or immediately after the last episode airs, so it will be interesting to see how it does. The last forecast had it at 5.5K, my guess is that it will do over 7.5K which is a decent success on its own.

As for a second season, it will either be announced at the end of next episode for Fall, or I doubt if it will ever happen.

As for the rest, perhaps, that is the nature of entertainment, which is why I find it funny how "bemused" (though really just hurt) you are about it.
Jun 18, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2014
fanshii said:
It'd be above simple entertainment, that's for sure.

Just look at Shingeki, it tried so hard to be deep, yet it failed so spectacularly at that and made itself mediocre. It would be better off not trying so hard.
Haven't watched that one, but just hearing the hype and analysis on it is more than enough to give me the picture that it failed horribly. And if it did succeed then people wouldn't like since then it would lack action and excitement.

Better for it to be good at what it is than trying to be deep just for the sake of it - 'deepness' isn't the first best value in stuff, I *personally* find it childish mostly. It's the elitist and superiority aura it gives off: "wow im so deep im better than everything else, listen to me being deep", hell no.
That's pretentiousness, trying to be deep without establishment, spouting philosophy and themes out of nowhere just to sound smart is juvenile. In the end being just as superficial as what it's avoiding to be.

Ex: Aoi Bungaku is almost episodic autobiographic-like tales, but they do have depth and meaning. Shinsekai Yori also managed to be deep with its dystopian setting, even with flat characters.
Jun 18, 2014 1:16 PM
Mar 2013
I like Sora and Shiro's complete trust in each other.
Jun 18, 2014 1:17 PM
Oct 2012
T3hSource said:
give me the picture that it failed horribly. And if it did succeed then people wouldn't like since then it would lack action and excitement.

The animation was a huge success, not only did it help sell several million books but the animation averaged around 50K per volume last I checked, which would put it in the top 10 I think selling anime series since 2000.

Personally, I disliked both the manga and animation, but people really need to stop with the "what I think is the reality" mindset.
Jun 18, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
T3hSource said:
fanshii said:
It'd be above simple entertainment, that's for sure.

And just why would it be above "simple entertainment"? Is it really so wrong to watch anime just to relax. Does not having any deeper meaning automatically make it not as good?
It's fun to watch comedy and (maybe) SOL. People like to have fun. So it's rated high.

Jun 18, 2014 1:23 PM
Oct 2012
kami_desu said:
And just why would it be above "simple entertainment"?

The problem with the "its only entertainment" dude is the same problem with anglo-soccer dude: with both you really can't trust anything they say because their taste is so guided by their belief that they "aren't into what hoi poi like" and as such their comments, both positive and negative, have no meaning.
Jun 18, 2014 1:23 PM
Jan 2014
The bar might not be set very high, but No Game No Life is definitely the best designed anime of 2014.
*Even Ping Pong is an absolute snore fest, it's predictable to a major fault and on top of that, the season so far has been stagnant.

If anime with next to no character development and simple/slow plots such as Fate/Zero S2 or Death Note can make it to the top 30 list, NGNL is a nearly guaranteed.

animelover4432Jun 18, 2014 1:42 PM
Jun 18, 2014 1:27 PM
Apr 2014
Fantastic entertainment. Gotta say, that fake love triangle scene was absolutely hilarious. I do feel like Steph is abnormally out of her league though. Was the spell to make her even more of a ditz? jk don't answer that
Jun 18, 2014 1:31 PM
Jan 2013
animelover4432 said:
The bar might not be set very high, but No Game No Life is definitely the best designed anime of 2014.

If anime with next to no character development and simple/slow plots such as Fate/Zero S2 or Death Note can make it to the top 30 list, NGNL is a nearly guaranteed.

Someone obvisously didnt watch ping pong or mushishi lol....
This episode god dam... I laughed,threw up...., and saw madhouse at its finest...
2/5. If i were to judge the animation and art purely it would 10/10 cause god dam that falling scene with jilbrel and w/e her name is idc...was just down-right AMAZING LIKE DEAR GOD.
Now the characters dear mother of god.... I just really don't like how they use their characters. Steph is legitly every feminst worstmare in an anime show like SHE DOES NOTHING. Why say in episode 5 that she's smart WHEN SHE WILL NEVER APPLY IT...(still waiting for the steph thing though with that bet...), Jilbrel is YUNO ALL OVER AGAIN but worse dear god... Sora is like the standable character in this show cause he's just funny as hell, Shiro just dear god... just really don't like her at all show how op she is just be used plot device like cmon... yes her using clothes as shield was brillant yes, i honestly forgot about that; good for the show doing that but just be turned around and be used as fanservice just makes me wanna barf just like the forced incest jokes.....
At least one good thing came out of this episode.... IT'S ENDING NEXT WEEK YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GET HYPED. Now if you execuse me im going to go watch that the sky-falling scene again cause madhouse is life...
kitkatxzJun 18, 2014 1:34 PM
Jun 18, 2014 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
... You nitpickers.

MAL Rating =/= TV Quality
MAL Rating = Enjoyment by the Masses

NGNL is fun as hell to watch. It's entertaining and hilarious. What's wrong with it scoring so highly?

People can enjoy stuff like LoGH, Fate Zero and NGNL. There's nothing wrong with that - I'm one of those people.
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Jun 18, 2014 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
Of course it is the panties.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 18, 2014 1:44 PM
Oct 2012
Pain_is_love said:
Of course it is the panties.

And if you rearrange the letters in panties you get sapient.
Jun 18, 2014 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
kitkatxz said:

This episode god dam... I laughed,threw up...., and saw madhouse at its finest...
2/5. If i were to judge the animation and art purely it would 10/10 cause god dam that falling scene with jilbrel and w/e her name is idc...was just down-right AMAZING LIKE DEAR GOD.
Now the characters dear mother of god.... I just really don't like how they use their characters. Steph is legitly every feminst worstmare in an anime show like SHE DOES NOTHING. Why say in episode 5 that she's smart WHEN SHE WILL NEVER APPLY IT...(still waiting for the steph thing though with that bet...), Jilbrel is YUNO ALL OVER AGAIN but worse dear god... Sora is like the standable character in this show cause he's just funny as hell, Shiro just dear god... just really don't like her at all show how op she is just be used plot device like cmon... yes her using clothes as shield was brillant yes, i honestly forgot about that; good for the show doing that but just be turned around and be used as fanservice just makes me wanna barf just like the forced incest jokes.....
At least one good thing came out of this episode.... IT'S ENDING NEXT WEEK YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GET HYPED. Now if you execuse me im going to go watch that the sky-falling scene again cause madhouse is life...

I guess you are like the only one here hating on this anime. Such a shame, too bad for you then :v
Your statements/reasons for downvoting this show are just ridiculous too.

And yes, I'm watching Mushishi and Ping Pong too. And this doesn't change the fact that NogeNora is one of my favorite shows this season.
DanpmssJun 18, 2014 1:50 PM
Jun 18, 2014 1:47 PM
Feb 2014
Epic... just... epic

Not just action, it was hilarious. Loved the part where Sora did all that calculation for that one panty shot xp... and Jibril getting all excited over the love triangle XD

Ok, there's one thing I noticed because I rewatched this episode since it was so epic.
But if u look really closely at the gap between the shirt Shiro's wearing at about 16.55, it looks like she still has her panties on (oh god, this sentence sounds so wrong and makes me sound like a loli perv).

A mistake by the studio? Since she supposedly sacrificed her panties when she took the shot for Sora.

I'd post a pic but I dunno how on my phone n I dont have my laptop now.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jun 18, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
So apparently Shiro's FPS skills are so amazing that she can line up trajectory perfectly even on wall shots in real time and adjust for where her target will be when the shot should connect, yet when she turns over to that werewolf chicks side, her shooting suddenly becomes shit and Sora dodges them with pathetic out of shape NEET maneuvers.

Ok then.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jun 18, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
animelover4432 said:
*Even Ping Pong is an absolute snore fest, it's predictable to a major fault and on top of that, the season so far has been stagnant.

They do not have simple plots.
But either way, simple =/= bad.
Slow =/= bad.
And you must have not paid attention at all when you watched them, otherwise you would never say something as absurd as this- no character development? Ha. Very funny.

DerpHole said:
So apparently Shiro's FPS skills are so amazing that she can line up trajectory perfectly even on wall shots in real time and adjust for where her target will be when the shot should connect, yet when she turns over to that werewolf chicks side, her shooting suddenly becomes shit and Sora dodges them with pathetic out of shape NEET maneuvers.

Ok then.
Did you miss what they were saying?
Shiro never was under her control. She pretended to be. And the reason she always missed was because she knew Sora would be to lazy to try and dodge so she was missing the shots on purpose.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting, merged double posts.
NiyawaJun 19, 2014 10:32 AM
Jun 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Oct 2007
animelover4432 said:

Ping Pong and NGNL are too very very different shows aimed at very different possibly polar opposite types of fans. Also when those shows aired they were the hype and the epic just like NGNL is now. People that tend to live exclusively in the moment or in the heat of things might not agree but I can easily see people using NGNL in the same kind of sentence and argument you use now in a year or so for whatever is the hype then. Fandom is very fickle that way, particularly when it comes to hype.
Jun 18, 2014 1:52 PM
Feb 2014
Duri1n said:
Epic... just... epic

Not just action, it was hilarious. Loved the part where Sora did all that calculation for that one panty shot xp... and Jibril getting all excited over the love triangle XD

Ok, there's one thing I noticed because I rewatched this episode since it was so epic.
But if u look really closely at the gap between the shirt Shiro's wearing at about 16.55, it looks like she still has her panties on (oh god, this sentence sounds so wrong and makes me sound like a loli perv).

A mistake by the studio? Since she supposedly sacrificed her panties when she took the shot for Sora.

I'd post a pic but I dunno how on my phone n I dont have my laptop now.

Nah you just got a little mix up ;-)

It was Sora that shot away Shiro's panties while they were falling down the skyscraper; what Shiro did while Izuna attacked Sora was taking one of the buttons of her shirt and thowing it at the shot, if you look closely in the flashback you can see how she throws it :-D
Jun 18, 2014 1:55 PM
Jan 2013
Danpmss said:
kitkatxz said:

I guess you are like the only one here hating on this anime. Such a shame, too bad for you then :v
Your statements/reasons for downvoting this show are just ridiculous too.

And yes, I'm watching Mushishi and Ping Pong too. And this doesn't change the fact that NogeNora is one of my favorite shows this season.

Bro, I dont only hate on this anime it's just that... there's so much hate about it.... i'm sorry if i'm able to find anime you like terrible in my eyes, hell it's not that bad cause madhouse at least got the art and animation covered.. Lord praise madhouse (¬‿¬), but just saying i'm only here to bash it is wrong, because i do actually find some good points in this show, just that i don't like when it just takes it self seriously cause everytime it does... it fails in every aspect....
Jun 18, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
DerpHole said:

Ok then.
Did you miss what they were saying?
Shiro never was under her control. She pretended to be. And the reason she always missed was because she knew Sora would be to lazy to try and dodge so she was missing the shots on purpose.

Typed that up as I was watching lol
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jun 18, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
The love triangle and NTR joke was funny.

Figured Shiro was faking being controlled.

Izuna about to wreck shit up.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.