Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2014 7:18 AM

Feb 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm happy since there was some Togyuka and Mazume in this chapter! I'm glad Suzume gave Mamura the headband, and Yuyuka told Togyuu how she felt, too. The relay has started, and it seems like tensions are high since it looks like they're head-to-head so far...
punkmikuJun 9, 2014 4:55 PM
Jun 17, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
Shishio said "I want it, so I'm going to take it."
This line honestly really bothers me. Suzume is not an object. I don't know why Shishio said it like that.

The Togyuu + Yuyuka thing was really cute omg ;v; he's so adorable
Jun 17, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2011
Noooo, that damn cliffhanger... D: Can't wait for the next chapter >.<

Yuyuka was soo cute as well, especially that blush :O
Jun 17, 2014 7:14 PM
Jun 2010
I'm happy that yukuya and senpai cleared things up. That was nice.

Oh, that hug from Mamura as he whispered "I won't let you go so easily"... OMG. MAMURA. JUST MAMURA.

And then theres sensei and I still think this is very childish of him and I don't rly like how he's acting. -__-#
Jun 17, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, this is a war now!
Jun 17, 2014 8:48 PM
Sep 2013
This sensei is a fgt dunno why so many ppl like him
Jun 17, 2014 9:04 PM

Feb 2012
wtfitsmegaman said:
This sensei is a fgt dunno why so many ppl like him

Aweee that's kind of a harsh way to put it XD Sensei is kinda cool in his own respect. I mean, he's finally starting to man up lol

but yea, I am a huge fan of Mamura x Suzume (> <) I really hope they stay together!
Mamura is so... dashing (@//@) he says such manly stuff heheh <3
Reality is better than memories.
A reality where I exist and you're right here next to me.

-Yano Motoharu
Jun 17, 2014 10:21 PM

Jul 2010
Shishio is an immature, irresponsible, and, frankly, bad human being. Anyone in a position of authority and power who behaves the way he does is wrong. If he is serious about Suzume, he should quit his job and come back when she is not dating someone.

I practically have the exact opposite view of the situation in this manga as I do in Ao Haru Ride, except that in Ao Haru Ride, the "first guy" is not a teacher and the "current boyfriend" really felt like he was added in to give a love rival. Mamura was there from the beginning, he fell for her right off the bat, and was patient with her.

That hug was fantastic. And the little argument while they were waiting for the batons was great! I totally agree with Mamura: Sensei is a bastard! It would so serve him right if somebody was video taping them to catch the baton exchange and has his little confession of inappropriate teacher conduct on tape to play for the freakin' school board!
Jun 18, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2010
RoseOfTheDawn said:
This line honestly really bothers me. Suzume is not an object. I don't know why Shishio said it like that.

Oh God same. That line he said completely turned me off. My little respect for sensei is completely gone now.

*Cheering for Mamura* Mamura should win!!
I want to see sensei's face after he lost.
*praying hard. Author should make Suzume end up w/ Mamura FOR A CHANGE.*

@zensunni hahaha. what you just said *thumbs up*
Minori said:
*bawling* I'll never get married w/ a body like this! What'll I do?
Kousaka said:
Married? It looks like you're already pregnant.
Jun 18, 2014 5:35 AM

Nov 2012
Why is Shishio being judged rather harshly? I know Mamura and Suzume look perfect together and that Shishio is getting in the way of that shoujo romance perfection BUT he is NOT an EVIL guy!

So he didn't fight for her in the beginning. So he didn't quit being a teacher. It's hard to defend him on that BUT maybe just maybe he has his reasons why he can't quit. I mean we know next to nothing about Shishio! I believe he has far more to his story. I really do!

And I think it's a good thing that he finally let himself do what he wants. He's been holding back so much because of his responsibilities as a teacher but this time he's willing to fight. I DO ADMIT that it's not appropriate but when he was in the spotlight and Suzume and he were dating it was still inappropriate.

He must've regretted what he's done. He must've felt sorry for hurting Suzume. And he must've felt really lonely and sad. And just imagine the conflicting feelings inside him. And then he finally realizes he doesn't want to keep it all inside him anymore and he decides to let go. I KNOW Shishio is complicated and he's childish. He really is. But I don't know he's just so real to me. So scratched and imperfect and conflicted. I JUST LOVE HIM AND I KNOW I'LL LOVE HIM 'TIL THE END.
Jun 18, 2014 12:19 PM

Mar 2012
~ shishio love reserved post ~
Jun 18, 2014 9:47 PM
Jul 2008
TOGYUU X YUYUKA FEELS AHHHHHH <3

@Harpshack i completely agree 100% with you! i don't like how shishio's getting so much hate :( mamura's such a sweetheart, and i really don't mind who suzume ends up with, but i'm still rooting for sensei! there are things i wish he would have done differently though, like tell suzume that he'd wait for her until after she graduates or something

the part where shishio said "i want it so i'm going to take it", i thought he was more so referring to the win, or suzume's feelings. but the way that sentence was worded further proved that he finally made up his mind and he won't waver anymore
Jun 19, 2014 11:07 AM

Jan 2012
So much hate on Shishio :c He needs more love
I felt uncomfortable the way he said it too but I agree with @Yeu
Jun 19, 2014 3:07 PM

Aug 2010
ZeeMoon said:
RoseOfTheDawn said:

Oh God same. That line he said completely turned me off. My little respect for sensei is completely gone now.

*Cheering for Mamura* Mamura should win!!
I want to see sensei's face after he lost.
*praying hard. Author should make Suzume end up w/ Mamura FOR A CHANGE.*

@zensunni hahaha. what you just said *thumbs up*

LOL I kinda find all these tension for/against Shishio in this thread amusing. First off, I'm definitely rooting for Mamura, right from the beginning. Never wavered for Shishio. I don't particularly think that Shishio is a bad person, I just think he makes the wrong decision at the wrong time. He had his chance, he messed up, he chose that path of "ignoring his feelings" and "accepted his responsibility as a teacher". So I find that honourable, and he should've stick to it. But the second he realised that Suzume is stepping up and trying to move on with her life, he decides to confess, pull her back, confuse her and possibly hurt others in the process. So that's the "action" that made me not like him and not support him.

and that "I don't care what others think I wan't it so I'm going to take it" is definitely annoying! Go for it Mamura. If Suzume does pair up with sensei in the end, then you deserve someone much better! lol
Jun 20, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2011
I know that Sensei isn't a bad person, but I'm starting to dislike him now. and like @ZeeMoon said, My little respect for sensei is completely gone now.
I can't hate him because I like the way he's so realistic. BUT! nononononononononononnoonononoooo! The way he do things still makes me angry. Is childish, and it hurts Suzume badly. I know she'll probably end with Shishio, but it would be SO cool if she ends with Mamura. they deserve each other
MAZUME FTW! o/
Oh, and that Togyuka moment was cute.
Jun 20, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
I freaking love Mamura with Suzume. (And I adore Togyuu and Yuyuka too.)

I'm really glad that this manga series seems to actually seriously consider the morality and question the responsibility involved in teacher/student relationships and not pass it off as another shallowly tossed around forbidden love concept. Like a lot of others, I find Shishio pretty irresponsible, but he's an interesting character nonetheless. He's detestable... but in a way that adds a lot of dimension to the story, in my opinion.

zensunni said:
I practically have the exact opposite view of the situation in this manga as I do in Ao Haru Ride, except that in Ao Haru Ride, the "first guy" is not a teacher and the "current boyfriend" really felt like he was added in to give a love rival. Mamura was there from the beginning, he fell for her right off the bat, and was patient with her.

Haha, I thought of Ao Haru Ride too. Mamura is such a fantastic "second guy/current boyfriend" character. I'm glad he isn't treated as some second lead plot device.
Jun 23, 2014 2:49 AM

Oct 2013
Glad yuyuka got some air time, she's so cute.
Jun 23, 2014 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
Sensei looking all emo in the corner, wearing black. Omg seriously. Please go away.
Jun 24, 2014 10:50 PM

Feb 2011
SENSEI!!!, CLAP CLAP CLAP
Oct 16, 2014 4:17 PM

Dec 2011
Sensei is so immature..
TEAM MAMURA!
Dec 15, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
Okay now, I don't think Sensei is a bad guy, but this is just wrong. Dang.
Jul 27, 2016 5:11 AM

Apr 2016
"I'm so happy I could die."

Same tbh, Yuyuka and Togyuu are so cute together.

Also, yes fight him Shishio!
Jun 17, 2021 11:55 PM

Feb 2019
Togyuu and Yuyuka are so damn cute! Yuyuka is such a tsundere, she should work on that it's gonna interfere with progress lol

More topics from this board

» Grooming?

smurdles - Feb 5

1 by LucielEsford »»
Feb 5, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chierii - Nov 4, 2014

132 by senstar »»
Oct 30, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 29 Discussion

ImNotLulexiaa - Oct 14, 2013

13 by is_eee »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:51 PM

» Best shojo manga

Nineshiru - May 22, 2023

2 by anudit_05_singh »»
Jun 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

7 by BlazeFireball »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.