Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nike and her abilities never cease to amaze me to tbh. A pretty good episode and Nike is always able to express her kindness in her own way. At any rate, I thought Livi's anger from the previous episode was a bit exaggerated.

Eh, Livi and Cecil's moments were pretty tense but I always had the feelings the two had something going on regarding their past anyways. The ending was priceless LOL
May 31, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2007
That uncle likes the king's "mother"? So he doesn't want to see the moon for it reminds her of him. That uncle really came back to test her to see if she is suitable for the king.

lol@her way to setup, with Sugita-san's character. A bet to runaway? Wow, singing for an hour? So the king wants his help, though they fight as usual. Lol.

Old lady and the kiss next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
Kinda nice seeing Livius and his uncle's relationship. How they both said there reasons and point of view were pretty amazing.
Nike making the rain heavier so they won't go out was kinda funny ^^ For Nike to sing and make it rain for an entire hour!!! The song and it's orchestra version!!! Kinda missed the song after having hearing it quite often for a few weeks.
Livius is scary after losing Sheila and before meeting Nike... to basically want to conquer everyone.
His uncle reinstated back into his position. Glad Livius was able to say what he wants. Any part of his heart is fixed! Livius and his uncle fighting and laughing :)
I take the narrator voice as Nike's grandmother?
May 31, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2011
It looks like we'll find out who the narrator is next week, I wasn't expecting to see her as a character in the show. I like the no-nonsense way they show that Bard isn't just about unrequited longing and playing games with the court, that innkeeper seemed pretty cute, and the imouto was properly scornful. Could it be that we'll actually see Nike and Livi getting a little closer next week? Let's try and push that rating up to at least an R, eh....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 31, 2014 2:03 PM

May 2012
Liked the episode very much! They are going up the romance level in the next episode!
May 31, 2014 2:05 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah I agree what someone else mentioned. Last week's episode Livi had a waaaay exaggerated reaction compared to in this episode

(Though I couldn't stop laughing at how he demanded Niki to tell him what Bard did to her so that he could do it better than Bard LOL....you have no idea how badly I want to see Livi attempt to seriously seduce Niki)

Hm...next episode looks interesting....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 31, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2012
I totally love the butler lol The scene where Nike made it rain harder was so hilarious xD

I just wonder how they could have been going at it for one hour...

And when Nike woke up she said it was heavy but it was only Livi's hand... ^^"
May 31, 2014 2:17 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty awesome episode! Nike and Niel working together was pretty hilarious. xD
May 31, 2014 2:24 PM

Dec 2011
Yeah... what happened to how mad and insane Livius looked last episode lol?

So he loved his own sister, or wasn't maybe I got it wrong and Sheila wasn't his sister lol.

Aw, kid Livius was really cute :3

Evil Livius that conquered the world :O

Happy ending, they're on good terms once again!

The fighting starts once again...

I guess that old woman is Nike's grandmother.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 31, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2010
Nice ep.

Really!! Nike is just so awesome!!! Absolutely love this girl <3

The way she planned with Niel to get them stuck together while the rain is stopping them from leaving and Niel telling her to make it stronger was lol XD

Poor Nike. She got her throat scorched from singing for a friggin hour in the rain. If she doesn't get sick after this her body is made out of steel XD

Lol at Livi telling Bard if he likes women then look at the mirror XD

Next ep...I see some cute blushes and a kiss. Nice :3
May 31, 2014 3:48 PM

May 2014
Okay, the cool parts from the end of last episode were totally skipped here. While the reason for it being any of the few obvious, the series would've gotten a lot more views with more varieties of emotion. Doesn't have to be a battle-type story to have anger in it. Psychologically strong yet easy-to-follow plot is what makes the world turn.
kappasanJun 1, 2014 4:21 PM
May 31, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
This feels like (at last!) Soredemo is back to its former greatness. An excellent episode w/ what looks to be an excellent next episode. Has her grandmother been narrating/prophesying this story the whole time?

A welcome return to A TENDA REIGN as the butler proves himself sidekick. How did I never knew I wanted this??

And the OP continues to be one of my favorite OPs, with a catchy tune and tiny details added/subtracted each week. Bard makes his appearance post blood-soaked battlefield. (And depending on how Nike and Livi feel about each other that week, they seem to either stand next to or hug each other.)

StefanMZ said:
So he loved his own sister, or wasn't maybe I got it wrong and Sheila wasn't his sister lol.
Prince Bard was a brother to the late king, so Sheila was his sister-in-law. :)
currycurryMay 31, 2014 4:03 PM
May 31, 2014 4:34 PM
Mar 2012
Niel playing the role of accomplice was really funny.

May 31, 2014 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Nike tried to get Livius and Bard to get along with each other.
May 31, 2014 5:45 PM

Nov 2012
decent episode, the drama seems kinda forced to me.
next episode looks interesting.
May 31, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
this episode was too cheesy
interesting that Bard loved Sheila though it was one sided

May 31, 2014 5:54 PM

May 2014
Damn it, was hoping bard would leave...
May 31, 2014 6:42 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The beginning with Nike cutting off a bit of Livi's hair using her magic was quite funny!

Bardwin's flashback with Sheila was nice. Liked the way Sheila appraised Barwin's characteristics and compared it to the moon rather than the sun.

Nike covering the moon with clouds for Barwin's convenience was awesome!
Her appeal to Bardwin to stay with Livius was nice.

Nike planning with Neil to get Bard and Livi together to clear up their misunderstanding was nice to see.
Poor her, singing for an hour straight and got withered. Hahaha!
Nice seeing Livius asking Bard to to be the prime minister.

Bard trying to make a move on Nike and Livi telling him to look at the mirror if he likes women was hilarious. XD

Next episode: "The Principality of Rain"

May 31, 2014 7:11 PM

Apr 2012
I think it was a good episode. I liked it how she made it rain for an hour xD
May 31, 2014 7:26 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
With how last week's episode ended...this felt a little, anticlimatic. Not that it matters that much because I thought the drama was way too much anyways. But still, that tone change.

The part where Neil is spying on Livi and Bard with his binoculars was funny, especially how the two of them open the door and then close it when it's starts raining even harder. I'm surprised that Livi and Bard got nowhere in 1 hour ._. That's quite a long time for them to reconcile. At least they did in the end.
May 31, 2014 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
Livi was just in his tsun mode last episode :p

Ahh I have a feeling Nike's grandma is going to do something stupid next episode. Probably take her back? Stay away baba >:(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 31, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2010
IZAAA TENDER RAAAAAAIN.

Kiss spotted in the preview~
Or whatever it was, it seems that Nike and Livius will get further in their relationship eheh.
May 31, 2014 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
God this series is a gem! I love it!

It seems to go a bit unnoticed though, which is such a shame.
May 31, 2014 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
Tender rain=talk no jutsu + nakama power + ai chikara

Dissapointed, would it be amazing if bard turn into griffith then livi & nike have to stop him using tender rain (^_^)
May 31, 2014 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
I love the bgm from when Livi called Nike a jerk :3

I also love the elder room music :]

She hid the moon just for him :o

Nike looks pissed >:)

"He's here for the playboy." Ha :P

Nike kept that up for an hour :O

That kick, Bard totally deserved it ;)

Ha sissyboy, about time someone said what I've been thinking.

Great episode.
May 31, 2014 10:36 PM

Jan 2013
lmao at Nike dying after all that Tender Rain, her voice cracking after one hour was hilarious. Was expecting the song to make its usual appearance and to "solve" things, but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just its usual "singing the problem away" thing but instead gave Bard/Livius the opportunity to talk.

Her rain summoning is cool but I'm always more impressed by her other powers like the wind-cutting and controlling the water.

Bard and Livius reconciling is nice.

Oh, Bard's now been added to the OP.

Dat preview :o
May 31, 2014 11:08 PM

Dec 2013
StefanMZ said:
Yeah... what happened to how mad and insane Livius looked last episode lol?

Aw, kid Livius was really cute :3

Evil Livius that conquered the world :O

Happy ending, they're on good terms once again!

The fighting starts once again...

I guess that old woman is Nike's grandmother.

Sheila is Livi's mother, the late king's mistress and thus Bard's sister-in-law. When Sheila was killed, Bard was trying to protect Livi from other dissenters by making him the King. The plan worked perfectly because it saved Livi and because Bard never wanted to be King in the first place. Thing is, once Livi started conquering the world, his Sadist side went up 1000%, and he was being imperialistic to the max. This was something Bard had previously encouraged for fear that Livi would lose purpose of his own life, but then realized had backfired at the expense of the country and Livi's trust in people. So he left Livi as an attempt to "try to save him".

Deep down Livi had always been a lonely individual who was incapable of trusting others (bar Sheila and to an extent Bard) due to all the crappy experiences in his life before his rise to the throne. Having lost Sheila to the evils of politics, he then entrusted his trust to Bard, but when Mr. Sissy-boy left, he felt that he had lost even that. In a sense his wanting Bard to leave at the end of this episode was probably his own way of letting Bard to live his life without the pain of remembering the past, even at the expense of his own desire to have Bard back by his side (he trusts him immensely with everything except Nike and Sheila apparently). So yeah, Livi was being over-dramatic, but with reason for it.

Nike being the meddlesome good girl in Livi's life finally got him to be a little selfish in the end.

Well... that's my 2 cents about that, and from what I gathered in reading the manga at least.

I seriously enjoyed watching Nike sing till her voice gave out. Call me a sadist, but sometimes when you try to meddle, there will be repercussions. Thats what you get for cutting off Livi's hair at the beginning of the episode! XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 1, 2014 1:30 AM

May 2013
Lmao, I really liked Nike and Neil's actions this week. Hahahaha.

But seriously, this and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou are the ones that hadn't been clarified how many episode will it be. But meh, they are both enjoyable anyways.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 1, 2014 1:34 AM

May 2014
Good ep as ever! And that preview!!! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Looking forward to the next ep! XD
Jun 1, 2014 1:35 AM

May 2013
That's exhausting. Nike singing for a long time. It did the trick and had a good result.
Jun 1, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2010
I love how mysterious Sheila looked. I don't hate the Uncle anymore. He has a personality, totally different to what I imagined. Badass Nike! Damn Nike, I love you, making it rain like that - Genius!

Livius with that coat xD Singing for one hour takes guts, non-stop on top of that! Glad things are back to nice once again.
Jun 1, 2014 3:58 AM
Jan 2011
So, Bard is Livi's mom's lover.
Jun 1, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
That Tender Rain came out of nowhere O.o

Soooooo..... are they FINALLY going to have sex next episode?
Jun 1, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2012
MoeGod said:
That Tender Rain came out of nowhere O.o

Soooooo..... are they FINALLY going to have sex next episode?

This is what I've been waiting for.
Jun 1, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
It is a teeeeender raiiin ~~
Singing that during 1 hour... I think that by the end, Nike will hate that song xD

So in the end, he didn't hate Bard, he just wanted him to be by his side. But Bard was scared of Livius behavior, so he fled away, thinking that he would become a better man if he could stay away from everything that would remember him his mom.

''Are you mad because you're wife doesn't look like Sheila!?'', damnit Bard, you made me spil my food :P
Livius is such a mommy kid x)

Next episode, it look like it will be more romance focused... :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 1, 2014 3:58 PM

May 2009
Next episode = Party hard.

That old lady/narrator looks like Nike to me. If she is not her grandmother, maybe she can be Nike, telling us her own story. Or I'm drunk.
Jun 1, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2014
Nike really is something else. Slashing Livi's hair was a fun way to show how pissed she was. At least Livi's burst of anger wasn't as durable, because it was scary as all hell.

Seeing Livi cry with so much anger back then, it was really heartbreaking, he wanted Bard to support him but he could not bear to see Livi like that, understandable that he wanted to run away, still that wasn't a solution obviously and left him to his own luck.

No wonder there was a gap between those two, specially with Sheila being the trigger. But man Nike singing for an entire hour and making the rain stronger to lock the two of them, I lol'd so hard at that scene, and then at Nike being drained of any and all energy.

I really love her, if Livi wasn't there I'd have her she's cute and nice.
Jun 1, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm good episode. Nike sure is a problem solver.
Jun 2, 2014 6:49 AM
Sep 2012
I'm glad the drama was resolved in this episode.
Jun 2, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2012
Glad this lame melodrama is over.
At least next episode looks promising.
Jun 3, 2014 1:30 PM

Oct 2011
So beautiful. Bard is back as Prime Minister and will help Livi. Who was that lady. She can summon rain too : 0 Can't wait for next week.
Jun 4, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
She appeared i the ending !!:O
That preview <3 the both of blushing , Can't wait for the next episode

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jun 7, 2014 1:52 PM
Dec 2013
Loved this episode! Prime minister now huh? HEHE! :D

Preview with them making out? :P
Can't wait, I am guessing Sheila is Livi's mom, right? But i want to know who Livi's dad is? He must be the prime minister's brother?
Jun 21, 2014 8:56 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nike does her rain song for one hour O.O
She really has improved on her powers and stamina.

Nice to see Bard and Livius make up.
Neil being on commentary and shouting to Nike what Bard/Livi were doing through his binoculars in that meet up was funny.

Jun 21, 2014 9:08 PM
Aug 2011
Not happy with how the part from the previous episode was largely brushed aside but whatever...
Jul 20, 2014 8:22 AM
May 2012
Ha, I knew it!! I freaking knew it!! Charisma dude loves Sun king's mom. Still, I think Sun king's hatred towards charisma dude is too much. He acted like shit last episode =_=
I can't blame charisma dude. I mean, Sheila is hot and really beautiful *^*
I like the idea of journey, and charisma dude is straight pimpin' it out. You know, he banged the innkeeper :3 He probably does it most of the time, right??
IT'S A TENDER RAIN~ for 1 hour?!?! Damn, her worn out voice is still <3 Gotta love Sugita and his character ahahaha.
Obaba next episode. That's it for today. I shall continue this tomorrow.
Aug 29, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2012
why the fuck
did they put
61 year old seiyuu
to voice Sheila?

she sounded old as fuck

wtf man...
Sep 11, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
I laughed the kiss' interrupeted by the old lady's sister and after their reaction was so funny.
Nike, you're the best, she's not just a wife but a good one :)
Good to see they get along well.
Nov 19, 2014 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
All's well that ends well I guess..
Nov 23, 2014 9:56 AM

May 2012
Lovely resolve in the end, pretty nice episode in general!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.