Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2008
Obvious filler plot with painfully obvious "twist" that a blind 4 year old would be hard pressed to miss. Why they bother in a 12 episode anime when the pace in the other episodes is already slow as hell I don't know, guess the source material must be boorish as well...
May 29, 2014 11:54 AM

Oct 2011
OMG Akari !!!

Dat performance was hilarious

"Nope Let's Go "XDDDD
May 29, 2014 1:07 PM
Feb 2013
Ya know this would be one of those episode where I would like to give Chaika a head slap for being too naive.
May 29, 2014 1:08 PM
May 29, 2014 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
This episode reminded me a lot of "Scrapped Princess".
May 29, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode.
I liked the character interactions. Slow pace though.
May 29, 2014 4:14 PM

Jan 2011
It may feel like a filler, but I think it was a nice side story, the last few episodes have been pretty serious(-ish) after all.
The Silencer was really badass, I need it for my PC. (◕ᴥ◕し)

Looks like Gillette and the rest of the team can be considered the good guys.
And also looks like they're in deep shit, someone is trying to get rid of them.
If I understand correctly that is.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 29, 2014 5:52 PM

Nov 2013
Omg, their act ><
Informative episode. Nice to know that Gilette's actually thinking and remnants of the Gaz Empire exists, but were reduced to being thieves - aftermaths of war.

Its been a while since the last time I watched a nice adventure anime. As Chaika would say: "Manzoku."
May 29, 2014 6:08 PM

Oct 2013
Chaika was soo dam cute as always
loved it when she blush when julia ask if shew liked Tooru
Chaika jsut has to stare at Tooru with them puppie dog eyes and he will do anything I def feel a small romance building XD
overall was a decent ep
I kinda had my doubts about the yellow Chaika since she spoke in full sentences
[/quote]
May 29, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2008
Where is the goddamn Akari love. She obviously stole the show this episode.

That apple-bounce performance, that showmanship, that dance...C'MON
May 29, 2014 6:29 PM
Feb 2014
The innocence of Chaika in this episode was too lol
May 29, 2014 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
Watching that magic act was so funny lol.
My Candies:
May 29, 2014 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
Julia was obvious as a fake. Even though in some ways the red Chaika is totally different from the white one, Julia's Chaika impersonation totally screamed fake from the get-go.

I wonder if the proposal/order for Gillette to help the people more directly, instead of following Chaika is simply to put him off the case as his doubts are inconvenient, or if his superior truly believes what he said. Seeing the mystery surrounding all things Gaz, the later seems unlikely.

The whole thing seems quite convenient. The people of Gaz know next to nothing about the emperorer, and out of the huge army storming the empire, only eight heroes directly confront the emperor. Not even Frederica was there. The heroes all have a personal interest in keeping things the way they are, unless something fundamentely changed, and nobody else knows a thing.

We only know that there are several (most likely the number of eight is true) artifacts that resemble human body parts that possess great magical power, but we don't know if they are truly remains of someone, and even less, if they are the remains of the emperor - if there ever was one.

If there never was one, someone else must have ruled Gaz in some way (once people believe there is some sort of government, things support themselves, but someone must have put the idea of an emperor aswell as any laws etc. in place, first).

We also don't know if the artifacts are actually of Gaz origin. Maybe the existed before, and ended up in Gaz, where the heroes found them. Or the heroes actually had them before, or at least only used Gaz to charge them. The later would explain why Gaz was attacked - a source of great magic, whether natural or an actual wizard etc. was there, and they wanted to use this source.

They could have gone there by themselves, but maybe that would be too suspicous, or maybe borders were closed. If they already possessed artifacts with great power before war, they could simply have wanted to test it.

There are just so many unknown variables that everything between "the whole story is true" and "they attacked Gaz because they were bored" could be true at this point.
May 29, 2014 8:17 PM

Nov 2013
destructo22 said:
Where is the goddamn Akari love. She obviously stole the show this episode.

That apple-bounce performance, that showmanship, that dance...C'MON

She's already one of my favorite bro-cons ;3
Always quick with the fake scenarios~
May 29, 2014 10:06 PM

Feb 2014
I anti-ship Chaika and To(o?)ru so hard.
flowerheaddressMay 29, 2014 10:14 PM
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

May 30, 2014 12:35 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Too bad, I wanted a little more thrills for the back, nothing.
Plot absent, I wanted at least a little more about Chaika, we only know of useful facts, but of secondary importance.
Narration quiet, however I have not fallen asleep, the story focuses more on the emblematic figure of the king Gaz, who knows what you will find at the end!
Drawings and animations discrete, I hope that the next episode is the lighter gunpowder ...
May 30, 2014 4:06 AM

Oct 2013
troll chaika
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 30, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2008
An alright episode, definitely a small drop compared to the previous one but still good.
May 30, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
i think this was the worst episode up till now
still entertaining, but a bit boring that they didn't move on in the story
May 31, 2014 1:23 AM
May 2013
Ok, this episode I found interesting.

Chiaka an episode or so ago watched the main character live in his own biggest dream, Chiaka returning his affections in a way that made her out of character(Which to me at least makes him in love with how he wishes that she would act.), leading to her really pissed off at him afterwards, and then she kinda hints that she actually likes him.

I wonder if we'll see her in her own fantasy with HIM being completely out of character.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
May 31, 2014 4:29 AM
Mar 2013
So many conspiracies and cover-ups ...
Really looking forward to seeing how it's all unveiled.
This episode didn't even give any background to how ordinary citizens lived in the Gaz Empire :/
May 31, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2013
Got to catch me a Chaika........actually gotta catch them all. Episode felt short but good episode I guess.

May 31, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2012
really they didnt even know wat the emperor or his daughter looked like but still called them selves " Neo Gaz Empire"
May 31, 2014 8:44 PM

Dec 2013
Neo Gaz sounds like something from the Gundam Universe.

Julia was an interesting character, and the entire episode kind of shows how ignorant the people in the countryside are. The Gaz empire gets destroyed and all of that and yet people just go about their ignorant lives. Nothing really changes for them, heck they don't even know what Chaika looks like. They're all just realists trying to make a quick buck to survive on.

I can't even tell if they were lucky or unlucky to have come across the real Chaika..

Oh well, the episode was amusing enough that I don't really care. Can't wait for more content though. Bring on next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 31, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
That was the most pathetic empire I ever saw x)
And they fail as thieves :P

Chaika is so naive. Never change.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 31, 2014 10:26 PM

Jan 2013
A rather meh episode. Felt like filler.
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 2, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2013
Could tell it was a fraud from the start especially when they showed Julia "the princess".

I would've agreed with Tooru and just left the bandits on their own to save Julia.

Chaika's too kind...but that's why Tooru chose her over Red Chaika.
Jun 2, 2014 8:13 AM

Jan 2011
so even the citizens of Gaz dont know much about the emperor...
Jun 5, 2014 7:03 AM
Jan 2010
history is written by the winners
gaz was the good guy
Jun 13, 2014 11:08 PM

Nov 2012
I enjoyed the street performance, but it was just an average filler episode with no interesting characters to meet.
Jun 16, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2013
There are a lot of mysteries behind Imperator Gaz,because as we see none knew him,even his people,none saw him but everyone knows that he was a great mage.However who said that he was bad?I think that it's just a big lie that those governors made just to kill him because he was a peaceful guy and all his kingdom was living in peace and harmony.
Chaika is <3 :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 21, 2014 10:49 AM

May 2013
Awesome episode c:
Jul 31, 2014 4:16 PM

May 2012
A bit of a slower episode but still pretty nice, let's see what's next!
Aug 3, 2014 5:53 PM

Jun 2011
Felt like filler, a weaker episode but still alright. I wish this series could get a complete adaption, another sequel after the sequel. I am loving the adventures as of right now.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 10, 2014 6:16 AM

Jun 2008
-ShadowClaw- said:
Hmm while they might not have been much relevant info to the main plot in this episode but from what they did show it seems that not everything about Gaz was seems to be true, the lack of info on him and teh fact that many of the former citezens of the gaz empire never even mentioned a complaint about him as well as the fact they said all those stories came out after the war ended all seem to point out there is some kind of government conspiracy going on.

Looks like next week episode will have some flashbacks about torus past which is good as once they show that it will give him a lot of character growth in this story although i cant reveal the whole thing just yet :P

hmm seems the floating fortress part will have a bigger role in the future cant wait to see it

Indeed. I especially noticed how one of them said he heard the emperor did some pretty horrible things but that was after he was defeated. So basically the victors could be making their own history here.
Also i noticed how the emperor seems responsible for all those nice inventions that make life easier. Not exactly something you expect from an evildoer.

Marzan said:

Akari makes for some fabulous comedy with her stories. And I'm getting the impression that either Gaz isn't dead, or there never was an Emperor Gaz at all.

That went threw my mind as well but if he never existed in the first place then who's body parts are they collecting?
Sep 12, 2014 12:12 AM
Mar 2014
I thought that declaring yourself to be part of the Neo-Gaz empire would be a big nono

Is yellow Chaika really Chaika? She doesn't speak like her; or look like her for that matter.
Oh, Juli-... Got it.

Julia's reaction when they call her Princess is like... Non-existant.
Sep 21, 2014 8:27 PM

Jun 2014
Things are still moving forward, but in this episode, it slows WAY down.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 27, 2014 8:03 PM

Jun 2011
Monad said:
Marzan said:
And I'm getting the impression that either Gaz isn't dead, or there never was an Emperor Gaz at all.

That went threw my mind as well but if he never existed in the first place then who's body parts are they collecting?
Watching Tooru says that the emperor is a mysterious guy gave me a feeling he might the the last boss or something, gather his remains and he will be resurrected, or something like that.

Still feels like filler, but it's an adventure, so episodes like this are bound to appear, plus, the episode provided some info about the empire Gaz and it's citizens.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 29, 2014 3:34 AM

Apr 2013
dafuq is filler doing here in a 12 ep anime
Dec 10, 2014 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
Mhmmm.. being cute and innocent is fine but I'm not too fond of naive thoughts like that.
This episode doesn't help much for the plot and kind of lower my impression on Chiaka.
Toru pamper her too much lol.. but still this is quite a bad filler episode for me.
I hope things heat up again later on.
Jul 30, 2015 9:20 PM

Jul 2013
lol that performance was hilarious and at the same time ridiculous anyway I just thought that.. maybe Emperor Gaz was not really a bad dude.. everything we hear about him being shitty are all rumors and no one really knows the guy and from what I've heard in this episode he even invented the vehicle and that gundo thingy and made some major advancements in terms of magic. Maybe the heroes who killed him were used by someone who wanted the throne or just simply holds a grudge against him
Aug 19, 2015 2:36 AM
Jul 2018
"Shocking truth." I love it whenever she says that. I really hope when they dub it, they keep that line in tact. That line needs to be universal.

And dang that girl has a magic for everything. That gun has pretty much solved every problem the characters have faced the entire series. Or the dragoon. Gun + Dragoon = God Mode
Dec 4, 2015 7:31 AM

Mar 2015
That was really easy to escape from the prison, LOL.
Jun 20, 2023 8:42 AM

Jul 2016
It's genuinely cool how talented Akari is at making up random backstories behind her coolness and seriousness, but the fact that they all went along with the performer act and even nail it was pretty wild (and lol Fredrica bowing as a cat)

If Chaika was always this naive I'm curious how she managed before meeting Tooru.
Jun 20, 2023 8:43 AM

Jul 2016
It's genuinely cool how talented Akari is at making up random backstories behind her coolness and seriousness, but the fact that they all went along with the performer act and even nail it was pretty wild (and lol Fredrica bowing as a cat)

If Chaika was always this naive I'm curious how she managed before meeting Tooru.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.