Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 17, 2014 4:38 AM

Oct 2013
the long awaited kiss was delivered love the leaf in the forest riddle <3
[/quote]
May 17, 2014 4:52 AM

May 2013
Nice episodes, really liked those riddles c:
May 17, 2014 5:59 AM

Jan 2014
Damn it... i wanted to know how old Shutou was. I feel quite sorry for her decease, and it ALMOST makes me think she should have succeeded in killing Haru-chan :3 Not that it guarantees anything anyway, there would just be a bigger chance for her to get a cure.

It has happened quite a few times already where the past for the assassins have been tragic, and I find it hard to not sympathise with them even if they have to kill someone compared to if they just were insane heartless killers. Good episode nevertheless.
May 17, 2014 6:12 AM

May 2013
The kiss made me surprised. But the one that freaked me out these and made me hooray is the fact that Chitaru and Hitsugi didn't died! Oh yes! But still sad that they had to transfer...

I'm guessing that Suzu is next and it turned out but I understand her wish...
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 17, 2014 6:23 AM

Dec 2008
Suzu's love story <3 but too bad she lost :c and her wish too is nice
May 17, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2014
SweetCoconut said:
The kiss made me surprised. But the one that freaked me out these and made me hooray is the fact that Chitaru and Hitsugi didn't died! Oh yes! But still sad that they had to transfer...

Why don't you think they died? Just because sensei said they were transferred doesn't mean they didn't die, it could be a cover up.
May 17, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2008
dmrch said:

Well, the riddle in raw was "永遠に追いこせないものは? (What's it that you can never leave behind?)". And, to tell the truth, she talked about the answer in her flashback.

「じゃが、いくら年を重ねても、わしは変わらぬわしのまま。そのお方だけがわしを追い越し、大人になっていった。」
"However, although time passed, I was still in my age that never changed. Only he left me behind and he grew to an adult."
(Sorry. This is my translation. I don't know any sub about it.)

Therefore, I guess the direct answer is "him (her lover in the past)" or "his age" or "his times". This was also linked to the answer "0715" (his birthday) about the bomb trap. I think the answer of this week riddle had not been generalized. It was a personal riddle about Shutou Suzu.

Without your interpretations I wouldn't have taken that pleasure from this show seriously and yeah I also thought the same that the riddle was probably personal and only involved Suzu, herself. So I kind of guessed right that she can't leave her lover behind and keep up with current times. Thanks for the kindly responses as always and I think your translation is better than the actual subs in the show =)
May 17, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
at least this week's episode was a bit different with the game and all
also, nice to see tokaku finally not looking like kristen stewart

good to see isuke in the "beach/pool episode" :)
May 17, 2014 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
And once again we skip over a huge plot hole... So no one else decided to use the water chute and no spotted the keycard in the clear water??!! Really!! Terrible just terrible.
May 17, 2014 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
Blackbird said:
why does the teacher don't feel anything weird about transfering stuff.
I think we've established at this point that unless he's feigning ignorance for one reason or another that he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
May 17, 2014 10:36 AM
Apr 2012
Liked this episode a lot. Swimsuits :) Liked how Suzu set it up as a game, I wouldn't have got those riddles, other than the pool one. The underwater kiss between Haru and Tokaku was really sweet. The highlander syndrome was interesting.
May 17, 2014 10:52 AM

Oct 2013
DevenLuca8 said:
It definitely was an awesome episode. I think I can guess at her age(she's got freaking immortality and eternal youth) she was born in the Meiji period which was from September 1868 to June 1912. So assuming that it's 2014 in the anime Suzu could be anywhere from 146 to 102 years old.

I'm taking this guess because she wore a kimono and her friend wore a suit which was more common during the Meiji period and the fact that picture and animation was sepia/black and white proves it.

This was definitely a good episode.

I tought that too, def this take place of Meiji Era.
May 17, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2014
Yuri kissu *3*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2014 1:05 PM
Nov 2013
THEY KISSED! (okay, CPR, but it was still a kiss I guess)
Poor Suzu, I really liked her. Too bad she's gone now.
Hopefully Banba isn't next week because she's fucking hilarious. I like her presence.
May 17, 2014 5:41 PM

Nov 2012
I like this series but I must admit, i'm not too fond of the fact that we aren't learning too much about each assassin. We get one episode focusing on them where in one breath we find out their background and wish then boom, they are gone. Slightly disappointing if you ask me.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

May 17, 2014 6:23 PM

Apr 2011
Highlander syndrome? Really? Who wants to live forever, I guess ...

I don't mind the format, but it would be better if it were 2 cour so it was at least more than one assassin per episode.

The class is getting pretty whittled down, that poor teacher is gonna end up with 3 students by the end ... then two ... maybe even one if Haru isn't the target after all. That would be a twist, eh? No spoilers because it's just speculation.

Nice excuse for a swimsuit episode.
May 17, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2012
Ooh, the yuri is finally settling in. CPR-Kiss but still, a kiss.

Riddle games are always fun. Despite the dragged out assassination plot, I enjoyed watching it. Probably the best one yet.
May 17, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2013
It must suck being someone like Suzu - having that highlander syndrome :(

I feel sorry for her (actually, I feel sorry for everyone in this show XD)
Her way of playing the assassination game is nice.

Can't wait for next week.
May 17, 2014 10:04 PM

Nov 2012
Ok episode. I wish more episodes will be different like this one instead of the usual direct murder attempt thing.
May 18, 2014 1:30 AM

Dec 2013
In the modern era, wouldn't the people with Highlander's Syndrome stick out like a sore thumb? What with the internet and government records and all that, it should be pretty easy to find out if someone who hasn't aged in centuries, so long as they have her name and visual.

That said, I really enjoy the back stories for each of the assassins. Regardless of whether they are plausible or not, but the motivation for each and every one of them still has me rooting for them somehow. It's just a damn shame that someone has to die for their dream to be fulfilled. The individual ED's also help with that somewhat. It's hard not to feel sorry for someone after watching that song with the sad lyrics in the end.

Oh, and I too think that the "Transfer out" was just a cover-up for the two that died last week. I highly doubt they could survive something like that.

Wonder what sob story is in store for us next week.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 18, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
Tokaku's reaction after the kiss. It's like she wants more.
May 18, 2014 2:54 AM

May 2013
CandyFace said:
SweetCoconut said:

Why don't you think they died? Just because sensei said they were transferred doesn't mean they didn't die, it could be a cover up.

Everyone in the Black Class knows their deaths right? Because I think they all saw it during the play.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 18, 2014 5:19 AM

Apr 2012
The sensei is a good person ^^
May 18, 2014 5:59 AM

Aug 2013
Really good episode, sad to see Suzu go though, she was one of my favorite.

Also was that a kiss? Or was she trying to give her oxygen?
My Candies:
May 18, 2014 6:09 AM

Dec 2013
she was trying to give her oxygen but mouth to mouth works like a kiss (reason most people don't want to give it xDD)

i love how akuma no riddle has a diffrent ending every episode :D
May 18, 2014 7:32 AM

Nov 2012
Last minute before the bomb explodes and the others were just standing there. Hanabusa should've grabbed her gun and shot Haru immediately instead.

Overall, great ep. I love Banba, especially in this episode. Too ba looks like she's next.
May 18, 2014 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
wulf17 said:
Last minute before the bomb explodes and the others were just standing there. Hanabusa should've grabbed her gun and shot Haru immediately instead.

They are very considerate assassins you see. They don't steal kills.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 18, 2014 8:30 AM

Oct 2010
xchee said:
wulf17 said:

They are very considerate assassins you see. They don't steal kills.

Well, that and the fact that they'd need to send out the advance notice first or it wouldn't have counted even if they did get the kill.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
May 18, 2014 8:57 AM

Mar 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
In the modern era, wouldn't the people with Highlander's Syndrome stick out like a sore thumb? What with the internet and government records and all that, it should be pretty easy to find out if someone who hasn't aged in centuries, so long as they have her name and visual.

Yes, if it's "centuries". It's likely that she's still in a "regular" human age. And no one, other than doctors, knows your age until you tell them and avoiding doctors is easy, you just don't go there or go to some underground. As an assassin she has to have contacts on unofficial doctors. So, if she's about 80 years old, it's not suspicious. Besides, we don't know if she just doesn't physically age or if she's immortal. She could simply die one day.
May 18, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
Yuri. (~*^*)~
Quite creative, but a bullet through the head will do the job to right? ._.
May 18, 2014 12:18 PM

Jan 2014
that first riddle with the watermelon was stupid...
Yuri is the only driving force of this show.
May 18, 2014 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
May 19, 2014 12:35 AM

Apr 2013
Sensei is the best. Too bad he is just a normal guy. On a side note I just realized Kaiba is voiced by Sugita Tomokazu. It's always nice to recognize voice actors I like.
May 19, 2014 1:05 AM

Sep 2013
This was a "shark jumping" episode. So weak it literally fell apart before our eyes.
Oh well, there goes any hope I had left for this series!
May 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Feb 2011
tokaku was blushing.?,
kay.
this series still "meh".
May 19, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
I want Highlanders syndrome :( I mean it's not like your immortal or anything it's just that you can't age :D

Is this a real syndrome or is it a nod to the movie? cause i can't find anything but the movie one :O

Good episode, Nio and Banba thou <3
May 19, 2014 2:10 PM

Jan 2014
I'll be honest- during the first and second acts of this episode, I was getting the feeling that I'd have to call Episode 7 a lull in the usually brilliant storytelling, as the premise felt slightly boring from what was explained by the characters.

Boy, was I wrong.

All those repressed fangirl feelings about Haru and Tokaku came out in one big squealy wave when

I pointed it out last week, and it bears repeating- this show has an uncanny ability to take you on that ever-cliche emotional rollercoaster, but in this context, it doesn't feel at all played out.

I've said this for a lot of previous episodes, but I'm pretty sure that this time it's an accurate prediction- I think that kiss will certainly lead to something.

Roll on next week!
May 20, 2014 12:40 AM

Jun 2008
Finally some fucking YURI with our protagonists!
May 20, 2014 12:51 AM

Nov 2013
I find it laughable that they don't just kill her immediately. HELLO?! YOU COULD HAVE KILLED HER RIGHT THERE !

May 20, 2014 2:32 AM

Mar 2013
oh shit my bomb idea didnt work fuck this im outta here then.
May 20, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2011
I guess next week is the time of reckoning for me - can this series continue to hold my interest when I dislike every single remaining character?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 20, 2014 5:02 AM

May 2014
Did anyone else feel like Suzu wasn't taking her assassination attempt seriously? I thought the game was something to distract tokaku while the cards would have nothing to do with the actual code, but I guess Suzu plays fair. I liked Suzu's character a lot for some reason and her expression when the teacher said it was her birthday was priceless. I guess I liked this episode as much as the 4th, but it wasn't as great as the others.

By the way, wouldn't it have been funny if someone else went down the waterslide?
May 22, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2008
It had 2 seconds of yuri! Woo! This ep was actually pretty fun. The whole Highlander Syndrome/immortality thing was a bit silly though. I really hope Isuke stays until the end :((((. Shuto was one of the best chars though.
May 22, 2014 8:36 PM

Jun 2013
Lol, this show makes less and less sense, but it's still entertaining, in the "haha wait what?" kind of way. Yuri helps.
May 29, 2014 4:29 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

It almost seemed that we were getting old for a kiss, a bit paradoxical to say the truth.
Sure as murderers, they are still bad as some gals seen in another anime!
Different narrative and tasty, too bad you run too, though a bit of pathos is created and I loved it.
Discreet design and good animations.
Plot that seeks to change the pattern of the fighting, now it seems to improve the story, the narrative that often flows into the comic, I really did not know if they were joking or really crazy girls.
Both the figure of Nio than that of Banba, were the best! ASD
A little sad story of Suzu!
Who knows how the next episode will be!
May 29, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
She is an extremely fair assassin.
Come on, no deaths yet.
May 29, 2014 9:13 PM

Dec 2007
How did she put a playing card inside a watermelon
Ich verstehe nicht
Jun 10, 2014 6:29 AM

May 2008
Stringed said:
How did she put a playing card inside a watermelon

^ this
Jun 16, 2014 2:08 AM

Feb 2008
Why would she even put a legitimate disarming code in that pad? Why wouldn't she just use a remote detonator to blow them both up as soon as they were out of range? How did she know it would be Haru that would find the notification card? Why did Azuma still change into a swimsuit instead of wearing normal clothes that provide more hiding places for weapons and slightly better protection? Why am I actually expecting good writing from this show?
Jun 17, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2008
jacobpaige said:
Why would she even put a legitimate disarming code in that pad?

That is such a good question. She would have won easily if the device had no code. Or if she had just lied and forced them to try three fake codes to kill time. Or she could have had it blow up in 2 minutes instead of like 10 hours. This should have been a sure thing haha.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.