Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 27, 2013 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
Nice finale.
Dec 2, 2013 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
This show's very good, it just needs to be longer. Has so much potential to be even greater than it is.
Dec 30, 2013 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Great ONA <3 <3 It'd be cool if it became Anime TV
9/10
I lol'd at the part when TEX and Masaki were about to leave , "How did it get down?" lol it fell XD

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 1, 2014 3:40 AM

Oct 2009
Beautiful series! Love the direction and the characters, this episode especially hit me straight in the feels!
Really need more of this :/. Time for the movie!

9/10
Jan 5, 2014 6:01 AM

Mar 2013
It was very refreshing and I totally loved how they used the perspectives. I am definitely going to watch studio Rikka's other works because of that reason gheghe.
8/10
Jan 28, 2014 3:03 AM
Jan 2014
iWishTifaWasReal said:
mayukachan said:
petch said:
Nagi was killed in an accident and replaced with an android, and a new robot law was added that meant they all had to have their time of eve (which is how they found the cafe)? And nagi was used to monitor this?

I don't think she died...According to spoilers in her character bio:

omgosh can you please explain the ending to me? I enjoyed the movie but im really still confused.

just explain the ending to me. PLS!
If you watched the credits of the movie, they explain it in the credits. I thought it was a great usage of credits to be honest, Garden of Words felt rushed in it's ending when they could've used the long credits time. Basically
Mar 5, 2014 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
Laughed at the stairs part. I really wished the series was longer, Sammy is the most interesting character.
Mar 25, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2013
I think this deserves a 9/10, but I'm going to give it 10/10 because of how much I've enjoyed this little series.

Very very moving.
Powerful eyebrows.
Apr 28, 2014 1:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Did you enjoy you you time of EVE?

Hell yeah!

What a jewel of a little series. Heartwarming, sad, socially relevant...It has a bit of everything. This last episode made me tear up, something I don't do very often when watching anime.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 11, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
GreatRumbler said:
darkmac said:
I still don't quite get this show. The main reason people think that associating with robots is bad is that robots are programmed to have no emotions. And yet, the robots in the show clearly have emotions. So how did those emotions magically come into existence?

Advanced Computing Abilities + Prolonged Interaction with Humans = Development of Genuine Emotions

It's hardly a new concept in the realm of the science fiction.

As someone who codes himself I can assure you that its still bullshit. Even with very advanced computing abilities it can never have emotions. The prolonged Interaction with Humans can help, as there is A.I that keeps learning. Basically if it witnesses a new behavior that it didnt have in its database it will add it. In the end its still not emotion but a mathematically calculated response to what would be the most appropiate in that situation.

This was also the reason I couldnt enjoy this to the fullest and its a shame as otherwisde this is a really great show.

That said who knows if we arent just incredibly advanced A.Is either? Do we know for sure that our emotions are geniune and not just a calculated response to the millions of factors that weigh on us daily? Who knows.
May 27, 2014 6:45 AM

Jun 2012
It feels incomplete.
Jun 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Did you enjoy the Time of Eve?

YES!
9/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 13, 2014 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
This final episode sealed it for me. This series has almost no substance, but attempts to cover it up with emotional impact using cheep means. The biggest problem with the show is that the androids didn't ever feel like robots. The director even set up the Ethics Committee to appear more robotic with that meeting in a room with no windows and a structured reporting system with the people showing almost no emotion. This anime is an amazing example in directing, but the lack of real substance leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The most disappointing part of this anime is that it acknowledges real concerns that would exist if androids became so prominent. The biggest concern I would have is if androids are used as weapons. We clearly learn that Rina is a weaponized android, and we only learn that she is an android due to her damaged leg. The presence of such androids would cause tremendous collateral damage in war. How will a soldier know if what they see before them is an innocent civilian or an android? What if that person was a child. It would be an amazing psychological weapon and could easily result in the killing of many civilians because of a military's fear they might be a robot. Such a weapon would be devastating in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Africa if a country would be willing to field such robots.

The idea of android artist was an extremely provocative idea this anime presented but never followed up on it. What reason would a person have to dedicate their life to playing an instrument if a robot can do it just as well. Love of music will only take you so far because you do need a job. Why spend years of intense training learning to play music if you can't make a living off of it?
Aug 26, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2013
Brilliant! 10/10
The part where Tex got stuck at the steps was hilarious! Hoping for a sequel!
Jan 31, 2015 8:48 AM

Oct 2011
Great series! I feel like it would have benefited from being a bit longer and having more development for the characters, but it was still lovely and did wonderfully with the short episode lengths. Masaki and Tex's story was really sad, but the resolution was so heartwarming, as was Sammy crying when Rikuo gave his little speech. I'd love to see a sequel.
May 14, 2015 9:02 AM
Jan 2015
Haine said:
Great ONA <3 <3 It'd be cool if it became Anime TV
9/10
I lol'd at the part when TEX and Masaki were about to leave , "How did it get down?" lol it fell XD

It was the scene that helped me stopped crying. It made me laugh so hard. XD
May 28, 2015 9:14 AM

Nov 2010
That was fucking beautiful!

9/10
Oct 18, 2015 7:08 PM

Dec 2013
Awww, I seriously love this one. Misaki!! Huhuhu. Well, Finally Misaki's issues has been resolved, he became attached with TEX. Quite sad this only have 6 episodes tho.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Nov 27, 2015 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
and...It's over :(

Feb 14, 2016 8:23 PM

Jun 2008
8/10.

The bigger picture behind where the plot was going was left utterly in the unknown. Maybe the movie will tell me more but... there's way too much stuff for it to end this quickly. Resolution with his father, the whole spying thing, etc. The child robot experience was touching though. And so was the piano piece.
Mar 3, 2016 10:30 AM
May 2012
Stupid father. Stair scene was great ahahaha.
Man, I am so glad this has a movie. I'll definitely watch it. Though, I really wish this was really longer :/
I want a romance development between Rikuo and Nagi in the movie. Song in the end is great~
Apr 16, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2012
Do you want something of me, Bladerunner? - this and the appearance of the robot in episode 4 was too good.
Less is more. I'm glad this show is not long, though I'd love a second season with a similar length.
9/10 - the show was refreshing
Jun 5, 2016 2:24 AM

Mar 2016
Did you enjoy your time of EVE?
/8
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jul 21, 2016 2:40 AM

Jan 2016
First of all this was a Great episode, BUT i don't think it should've been the finale.
i thought we were gonna see Rikuo x Sammy relationship, didn't like how they left it like that.

They could've added one more episode to talk about Rikuo and Sammy, the Eve no Jikan incident, i seriously don't understand why they mentioned this incident just to leave it like that.

6.5/10 would've been higher if it had a better ending, still enjoyable tho.
Sep 25, 2016 4:21 PM

Apr 2014
Did you enjoy the Time of Eve?
YES! Really liked the characters and the story was so cool. Just wish it was longer.. 9/10
Oct 7, 2016 1:58 PM
Apr 2014
Not enough Sammy >.> Would have liked a little more interaction between Rikou and her considering they know each other already.

Nice to watch anyway. But what was that final screen... The end? Yeah of course. 7 years later and no continuation. tyvm and fuck you, too. Why not just leave the question mark out of it?

9/10
Jun 21, 2017 9:40 AM
Jun 2016
Wow what a fantastic series! Came across the title while working on the watching challenge. Also, loved the bit of comic relief at the end of the finale.
Jul 12, 2017 9:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What an episode this was! Definitely the best of this series by a distance. To be frankly honest, I didn't anticipate this kind of an episode where Misaki and THX's takes the main focus of the episode for I expected something to do more with Sammy's and Rikou's relationship. Nonetheless, it was really good even though I was slightly disappointed with the lack of a clear understanding between Sammy and Rikou because of the lack of development from the piano scene among the two. Highlight of this episode for me was the scene where THX bumped into the stairs and Misaki looked back in awe wondering how he got down in the first place with the pause in the soundtrack. Got me by surprise right there...

By the way, the female in the end giving Sammy the flower was Rikou's mother right? Umm, the answer might seem wholly obvious but I was wondering if there's any chance if it was her sister instead in order to show how the family's relationship has improved with Sammy.

What was that 'original' article shown by that suspicious lady referring to? If I'm not mistaken, it looked very much like Sammy to me and what was that incident she was talking about? Could it be that she was human and suddenly became an android or something? Or was it Nagi and if so why?

Well, that's what I was thinking and I would appreciate it a lot if someone could kindly answer these three questions for me. I'm aware that this episode aired about 8 years ago but I'm just curious.
_MushiRock11_Jul 12, 2017 9:48 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 1, 2017 2:57 AM

May 2010
It definitely had a good setting, a nice atmosphere, life-like characters and overall, pretty solid. Just that, it feels rather incomplete. Still an 8/10
Jan 22, 2018 5:39 AM

May 2016
I laughed so hard with that part when Masaki and TEX were about to leave. Music was so sad and all and suddenly it stopped because TEX can't go upstairs. 😅😂😂 I can say that that part was done better here compared to one with Eiji and Patema in 'Sakasama no Patema' which i believe has the same director with this one.

Seen first Sakasama no Patema before this.

Mar 31, 2018 8:16 AM

Feb 2018
All in all, a very nice anime, glad I picked it up, it was a really emotional ride, only problem with it is that it felt like it had a lot of explanations missing.

I sure did enjoy my Time of Eve, too bad there isn't a second season.
8/10
May 19, 2018 2:56 AM

Nov 2016
Eh this was ok. Wasn't that impressed with it sadly. 6/10
Pixel_VapourMay 19, 2018 3:01 AM
May 21, 2018 3:34 AM
May 2018
So I absolutely loved this short-series, but it's just....too short... Is there another season coming soon? Or maybe a sequel movie?
Oct 20, 2018 8:59 AM

May 2018
Masaki's father. What a piece of work!! That whole thing with ordering Tex not to speak was about jealousy and nothing else. No Father of the Year Award for him!

Are you enjoying the Time of Eve? Yes, and I want to enjoy more.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Mar 31, 2019 12:54 PM

Jun 2015
i feel like there could've been more explanations and things filled in, but it was a good short series for what it had. i liked the different perspectives, the angles were weird and shaking effects were a refreshing aspect in a way. would watch more of this.
Jun 8, 2019 10:01 AM

Dec 2012
Masaki's story was definitely gripping. It stole the show on that one. Seeing Sammy in the background when Rikuo was finally accepting Time of Eve really got me as well.

Time of Eve is certainly an intriguing glimpse into a world where the lines between human and AI are beginning to blur. Considering that it came out over a decade ago, it's somewhat prophetic and ahead of its time. I don't know if I'd ever go so far as for advocating android rights, but it's clear that as AI becomes more complex, our fundamental understanding of it needs to evolve as well.

Perhaps the most fascinating thing about this concept too is how it can draw parallels to the Genesis story of God making man in his own image. Just like how humans are an imitation of God, androids are an imitation of humans. With that said, both are still a fundamental reflection of what we love within ourselves. If God loves imitations of himself, is it really so strange to think that humans can find reasons to love and cherish artificial intelligence as well?

8/10
Nov 5, 2019 6:56 PM

Sep 2017
That was one of the most depressing slice of life shows I have ever seen, but I really enjoyed it. For such a form factor, the OVAs were able to suprisingly develop deep and interesting characters (for the most part). Some didn't get developed nearly as much as they should have, like that book guy whose name I forget. I still don't really know what is up with his whole organization. Besides that, it was a relaxing and worthwhile use of a few hours. I'd recommend it to people. 7/10.

Dec 27, 2019 1:07 AM

Jun 2019
WolfChaos said:
the art style kind of turned me off.

What about it was off-putting to you? It seemed like it had a very realistic feel, in the sense that if it were live action the way it came off wouldn't be all that different. It was less cartoonish and the animation was very well-polished and felt like they were in a modern city, but without all outdoor backgrounds being white or greyed out. Character designs were very normal and not stylized, so do you mean it was less anime-esque?
Jun 19, 2020 7:11 AM

Dec 2017
short but nice anime for me in this quarantine time. I'm glad I watched something that pushed me to think about our future with latest and most important technological inventions- robots and androids.
Masaki and TEX finally reconnected and the scene on stairs was hilarious :d All in genaral this ep was heart warming but there is only one tiny thing that I'm not fully satisfied: finale. Overall anime was so great and has interesting and really beautiful plot that's why it deserved better ending. 9/10.
Jul 15, 2020 7:17 AM

Jan 2018
Eve no Jikan was definitely interesting from start to finish. 11-12 years later and it is still relevant on androids attaining emotions. Although there are still questions that I want to know, the main thing is how did they get sentience? What is the main goal of Ethics Committee? How did the creator designed the androids in the first place?

Episodes 4 and 6 really sold me out. Pacing's really tight and that sudden change with Masaki and Tex (THX) from drama to comedy was hilarious.

Oh, also. The 3D animation is superb here. Not like lagging FPS kind of thing.

Nevetheless, it's a great anime.

9/10
Jul 16, 2020 3:49 PM
Dec 2017
Really great anime, i loved it!
Also the direction was really good, really loved those camera movements and editing
9/10
Feb 9, 2021 7:15 AM

Apr 2017
None of the problems presented in this series would have happened if the androids wouldn't look like humans.

Why make the androids look like humans if they don't want humans to empathize with them.

Humans are so dumb, always creating a problem and then complaining about said problem.
cunnysseur
Apr 5, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2020
Sadly no second season came out
May 13, 2021 3:04 PM

Jul 2014
I think this series kind of affirms a lot of why science-fiction as a genre really doesn't do all that much for me most of the time. This series explores some interesting ideas about robots and some of the pros and cons that their integration into society would likely cause, but it's nothing that hasn't been done before by many other science-fiction stories. That fact is kind of reflective of how I feel about a lot of science-fiction in general, that it ends up exploring the same sort of ideas over and over again without often adding anything new and meaningful to the discussions raised; the genre to me feels stagnant, and this series is a distinct reflection of that for me.

That aside, though each episode of this series played with an interesting idea (if not a unique one), it didn't feel like there was too much connecting those ideas into a cohesive whole besides the shared setting of the cafe; there was only the thinnest crumb of an overarching narrative, and very little in the way of meaningful character development to tie the individual stories together. And then there's that complete non-ending that it finished on, which really just stopped at random rather than doing anything to resolve any of the numerous hanging plot threads. So, disjoined and incomplete, in other words.

Other than that, I found the art of the show off-putting, particularly in terms of the character designs. On the flip side, the directing did its best to enhance the experience with interesting camera angles and movement techniques. Certainly added a bit more to the experience of watching this, at the very least.

7/10. Some very interesting ideas (particularly episode 5), but ultimately a stagnant and disconnected experience.
AtavisticMay 13, 2021 3:12 PM
Jun 1, 2021 10:33 PM

Jun 2016
Finishing the series... I dont know man... I just didnt like it as much. Its a shame because I watched it with excitement purely because the overwhelmingly great reviews it has. But it just didnt strike any chord with me. I liked the characters. And the visuals... while strange and kinda ugly at times, I can praise them for being original at least. Its a cool show, but I just didnt connect with anyone... ever. I liked all characters quite a lot though, except for the main one. Sammy is great.

It's a shame, I feel like I'm going to forget about this in a couple of weeks :/
Jun 10, 2021 6:00 AM

Aug 2017
Saw this after the movie, I'd say the ONA is a bit less polished in terms of content, though I enjoyed the scenes that were unique to the ONA as well.
Jun 17, 2021 11:30 AM

Jun 2019
My 54th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Jul 27, 2021 8:20 AM

Jan 2011
I already watched this like 11 years ago, and the opening song is missing. The song that plays during the map. It made the show so much better. But now, the OP is gone in the DVD release, and the OST track 01 on youtube is mysteriously missing as well. It's driving me fucking crazy.
Oct 25, 2021 6:29 AM

Aug 2020
Well, definitely an intersting premise. I expected this show to focus on the relationship (dating) between androids and humans (like Chobits). Well, we did get that, but not much.

I really like the ED. It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it. I also really liked the directing.

Overall, sweat and short, it gets either a 6 or 7 out of 10.

MaxiDennisOct 25, 2021 6:33 AM

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Aug 11, 2022 9:06 AM

May 2021
Nothing impressive in this show, another average show overrated by the pseudointellectuals, this isnt totally bad but doesnt impress in any sense, it gets a 4/10.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Canopus - Dec 2, 2008

77 by Randomega »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nx6 - Oct 2, 2008

84 by FanthyLord »»
Jul 2, 2023 7:47 PM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Aug 3, 2008

119 by FanthyLord »»
Jul 2, 2023 7:23 PM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Canopus - Jul 2, 2009

67 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:37 AM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KillthisAccount - May 2, 2009

94 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.