Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 23, 2022 6:41 AM

Sep 2017
we got the dragoon. mid tier as far as things go.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jun 19, 2023 9:44 AM

Jul 2016
Akari probably had that "forbidden love" story in her fantasies for a while now.

So "Dominca" was her suspiciously absent dragoon all along, who was some kid all along, who was the cat all along. Shapeshifters, man.
Jun 25, 2023 8:05 AM
Mar 2023
yey, new pt member
Aug 5, 2023 8:54 PM

Jun 2010
Although the pacing was sluggish, there's an interesting melancholy atmosphere in this story about how one of the heroes who saved the world from the evil wizard emperor gained nothing for herself and just died young in an empty house in the middle of a deserted forest and her dragon just stayed there alone with no purpose in life, surronded by mementos. Tooru is reminded of himself, but it's a gloomy connection; is there really nothing else to life after the war? Is he making a mistake trying to simply go back to living the only way he knows?

But then the dragon turns into a wisecracking tsundere loli. What tonal whiplash!
Apr 2, 7:34 PM
Aug 2023
That Dominica/Dragoon storyline was so good, why did they have to undercut it with the Loli form right away like that? I mean even before the Dragoon reveal, the Dominica character was pretty cool, I felt exactly like Chaika feeling conflicted with not wanting to fight, and it would seem ungrateful to attack/steal from Dominica. Then after the Dragoon reveal where the Dragoon was left alone after the real Dominica's death, and that what we thought was narcissism with the Dominica statues and paintings was actually the dragoon's sorrow for it's deceased master, that elevated the fake Dominica character even more. It would have been better if the dragoon traveled with the group as fake Dominica for a time, I feel it would have been more rewarding with the character development of the dragoon finding it's own identity separate from being a fake Dominica over time. Changing right into loli Frederica right away felt like a whole new character just showed up out of nowhere. Not that I mind loli Frederica so far, but I wanted to see more of fake Dominica.

Anyways, I'm still holding out hope that Frederica will alternate forms, and we'll get Dominica at times. What's she going to do in combat, fight as a loli?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.