Forum Settings
Forums

The empty feeling after finishing a good series.(How do you cope with it?)

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 19, 2016 4:59 PM
Sep 2014
mclovinballz said:
Cry myself to sleep and post on MAL how there will never be a anime better than this/new anime sucks.

haha you have to love anime fans. i know ur not serious, but it is still funny.
Dec 19, 2016 5:38 PM

Sep 2016
Oh well I read some manga and listen to the previous finished anime op/ed or ost.
But how about having the empty feeling after an anime "season" ends? Now that's some big void u gotta fill..
I remember that I was so much into 2016' winter season and when it finished my mood was down for the entire spring.. now that was awful.
Dec 19, 2016 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
Find another good one to watch. Or I go play games
Dec 19, 2016 7:16 PM
Jun 2016
Spend hours and hours just go find something closer to it .

Search on YouTube top XX *genre* anime
See recommendation of your last anime
Dec 19, 2016 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
I've never felt bad, to be honest. It feels good when I finish a great anime.
Dec 24, 2016 3:45 AM

Jul 2016
Look for cosplayers, fan fiction, lewd fan art, and other anime where the seiyuus had similar roles.
Dec 24, 2016 3:45 AM

Oct 2016
After I finished Spice and Wolf, I also had this empty feeling with me for days iirc. I managed to cope with it by using S&W wallpapers on my PC and mobile.

After that, I tried to rewatch each episodes per day. Helped a lot.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Dec 24, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Watch chara songs of it, remixes of ost, OVAs, discuss it on boards, and read reviews/blogposts about it for a few days. Then I move on.
Dec 24, 2016 3:50 PM

Dec 2014
I download like 300mb of fanart and then play DOOM or Dark Souls until I forget the feel. Either that or I re-read Prison School.
Dec 24, 2016 4:03 PM

May 2016
Suicide my man. The problem is it only works once
Dec 24, 2016 4:14 PM

Nov 2016
I usually watch a cartoon or read a book but sometimes I have this feeling of restlessness so I go skating (or do sports in general) , making crafts helps as well.
Dec 24, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2016
_xDane_ said:
After I finished Spice and Wolf, I also had this empty feeling with me for days iirc. I managed to cope with it by using S&W wallpapers on my PC and mobile.

I felt the same way after watching S&W, but I waited some time before rewatching it, or it becomes stale.
LaDec 24, 2016 5:05 PM
Forum Set by @SenpieX
Dec 24, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2014
I would just take a walk and reflect on the series, like what I've learned from the show.
Dec 24, 2016 5:48 PM

Dec 2015
La said:
_xDane_ said:

I felt the same way after watching S&W, but I waited some time before rewatching it, or it becomes stale.

Same here with S&W. Also it is true that it becomes stale if you dont wait for a bit. I personally watched it 3 times.

I hate anime depression though when you finish an anime and become sad about it being over :'(. I usually read the manga, immerse myself in the fandom and forums related to that series, and find another anime/manga like it until I am bored of that type of anime. Also if you watch anime with some great mysteries in it you will never be bored. Take for example Umineko (Visual Novel NOT the anime or at least manga) and the mystery of the murderer, red text, and golden epitaph. I think only 1 person has solved the golden epitaph and Ryukishi007 verified it, that was like years ago. That fandom hasn't died down and the mystery surrounding it hasn't either, so basically find anime like that, that will keep you engrossed after its finished. As you couldn't tell, that's the When They Cry series for me and anything related to it.
Dec 24, 2016 5:59 PM

Apr 2016
Cejara said:
La said:

Same here with S&W. Also it is true that it becomes stale if you dont wait for a bit. I personally watched it 3 times.

I hate anime depression though when you finish an anime and become sad about it being over :'(. I usually read the manga, immerse myself in the fandom and forums related to that series, and find another anime/manga like it until I am bored of that type of anime. Also if you watch anime with some great mysteries in it you will never be bored. Take for example Umineko (Visual Novel NOT the anime or at least manga) and the mystery of the murderer, red text, and golden epitaph. I think only 1 person has solved the golden epitaph and Ryukishi007 verified it, that was like years ago. That fandom hasn't died down and the mystery surrounding it hasn't either, so basically find anime like that, that will keep you engrossed after its finished. As you couldn't tell, that's the When They Cry series for me and anything related to it.

I've already watch S&W twice. I would like to watch it a third time, but no planning on until I forget most of the plot. There are plenty of anime that I would like to rewatch, but it'd just ruin it if I know what is going to happen.
Forum Set by @SenpieX
Dec 24, 2016 6:01 PM

Dec 2015
La said:
Cejara said:

I've already watch S&W twice. I would like to watch it a third time, but no planning on until I forget most of the plot. There are plenty of anime that I would like to rewatch, but it'd just ruin it if I know what is going to happen.

Exactly, that's the problem with some anime is that when you re-watch you already know the ending and what's going to happen/all the twist. At least, if you read the manga afterwards you might be pleasantly surprised (or pissed) to find something different or goes further than the anime did. Like S&W did with the LN, but I think it had licensing issues with the later volumes.
Dec 24, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2016
Cejara said:
La said:

Exactly, that's the problem with some anime is that when you re-watch you already know the ending and what's going to happen/all the twist. At least, if you read the manga afterwards you might be pleasantly surprised (or pissed) to find something different or goes further than the anime did. Like S&W did with the LN, but I think it had licensing issues with the later volumes.

I haven't read the S&W manga yet, is it worth reading?
Forum Set by @SenpieX
Dec 24, 2016 6:10 PM

Dec 2015
La said:
Cejara said:

I haven't read the S&W manga yet, is it worth reading?

I don''t know about a manga, but the light novels were good from the volume I read up to that went past the anime. Then it got licensing issues and don't know if they have been translated past that, but they were really good when I was reading them and it had the same thrilling feel from the anime when they would swindle someone.
Dec 25, 2016 4:17 AM

Nov 2016
Answer is simple when you fnish a masterpiece (game,film,anime etc.) you might need some TİME to get rid of emptiness and stop thinking about game/anime whatever it was.Also you must stop searching things about it cosplays fan arts etc.

İ feel that after i fnish witcher 3 damn it took almost 2 month
Dec 25, 2016 4:30 AM

Jan 2011
Realize that it may be the only good show you see for 6 months to a year.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 25, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2016
Sometimes I look up fanart, but in the end I often end up finding another new anime either with a similar theme or the next best thing to it. For example, recently just got done watching Akagami no Shirayuki-hime(both seasons), and then I moved onto Arslan Senki since it also has a similar theme when it comes to them both having a medieval-type setting.

One other thing that I sometimes do, is instead of moving right onto another anime right away, I sometimes just simply start endulging one of my other interests that are completely unrelated to anime and then after a little while the feelings go away, or at the very least won't be as prominent.
Computron365Dec 25, 2016 8:55 AM
Dec 25, 2016 9:02 AM

May 2015
I have no clue because when I finish a good series I feel pretty good (recently Mononoke, Hyouge Mono, Jojo part 4). I am motivated to watch other anime with a renewed hope just to find out that most of them are disappointing (Bungo stray dogs season 2).
It's when I finish series I rate 4 or below that I have an empty feeling of wasted time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2016 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
If it's just pleasant/good? Nothing special.
If it's something who seems to be one in a few hundreds:

Be it animation, live movies (or short series) or books, it's the same.
First, I'm glad I finally went through it after all that time I was aware of its existence,
Secondly, I'm annoyed that it will be a new shadow over the unlimited amount of fictions out there. (for a few minutes)
Finally, back to step 1 and the infinite pleasure to know such an excellent piece of work.

In any case, there is no sensation of emptiness playing here.
Dec 25, 2016 9:59 AM

Feb 2010
Don't watch any good stuff if you want to avoid that feeling. Otherwise, embrace it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 26, 2016 1:53 AM

Jul 2014
Find another good anime series.....simple as... :/
Dec 26, 2016 2:00 AM

Nov 2016
This is how I felt after watching Toradora, then I found Madoka Magica, and am now on the never-ending quest to find something as good as that.
Dec 26, 2016 5:41 AM

Dec 2016
I think it is not advisable to dive in internet forums that discuss the show and dedicate hours and hours of time you probably really don't have in anything related to the show. In general that just strengthens the obsession and dispair.

As everything in real life, one must accept the fact that nothing lasts forever, and that we must me able to "let go".
Dec 26, 2016 5:46 AM

Jun 2016
watch another and dont ever stop or take a break
Scream!
Dec 26, 2016 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
Cry in the corner it usually helps :3

Dec 26, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2012
Let out a deep sigh, fall into bed like jello, and drift thoughts into the moments you cherished most.

Never dwell though; rise up, and seek new moments to hold dear again.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

25 by LenRea »»
3 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - Yesterday

6 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

56 by Gensouori »»
4 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

56 by LenRea »»
6 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

74 by epidemia78 »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.