Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2013
Tatsuya is OP! Holy bananas!!!

I love this anime :)
Apr 19, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
Nice ep.

More explanation. Dat Miyuki/Tatsuya scene. Tatsuya is so OP and badass. Cliffhanger ending.

Onii-sama count:

Ep 1: 26
Ep 2: 5
Ep 3: 6
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 19, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
Gotta always end with a cliff hanger...
Enjoyed this episode. Looking forward to next week.
Apr 19, 2014 2:19 PM
Apr 2012
physics fag reporting in, thats not how compounding waves work

and its called constructive interference

http://h2physics.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/2wavesinterference.jpg
Apr 19, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2011
kidax said:

Yeah, I had to chuckle. But whatever, pretend you know nothing. If actual stuff worked in anime, characters would die from internal bleeding. :P

And, I love the action! I like that the MC has joined the committee and will be showing off his skills to the Course 1 students. The action at the end was really nice too. Gogogo!

Infodump was okay, I understood it in a general sense. Basically our MC is an expert in one of the aspects of magic that is not emphasized in usage or by tests. So he's OP in a different way from the others. ^^
Apr 19, 2014 2:27 PM

Apr 2013
I like seeing a healthy dose of incest! :D
Apr 19, 2014 2:30 PM
Apr 2014
Tatsuya: "I did say, 'for the improper use of magic.'"

Dance starts
Apr 19, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2011
Shiba is pretty much OP. Especially with the self-repaired magic.
Miyuki is as annoying as always. She seriously have brother complex.
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Apr 19, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
I really don't get it why some of you are going like "Tatsuya is this! Tatsuya is that!" for his gym show. I mean they did show in episode 1 that he was taking on 7-8 ninjitsu practitioners all by himself.

Anyways, the minus of this episode was Miyuki and her brocon. The plus of this episode Mibu from the kendo team, unfortunately I know she isn't an important character.

The anime is interesting at least.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 19, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2010
kidax said:

Just ignore it, the whole explanation for the fight was hilarious.

How did you move so fast?
That's 'cause he is learning ninjutsu with this famous sensei...

But how did you knock him out so easily?
It's thanks to this CAD built by this famous engineer... and compound waves

Compound waves?? How on earth..
I have super calculation skills, by the way, your method to determine magic skills sucks...

If he ends up having a harem he will say that Keima Katsuragi gave him some tips, also for the delight of the girls he probably might be able to summon Mara. Still, not OP.

Apr 19, 2014 3:05 PM

Mar 2013
Gotta love your OP Alpha Gary Stu character :)
Miyuki be jealous though...
Apr 19, 2014 3:07 PM
Feb 2014
My first time following a currently airing series and it felt like torture waiting for this episode, so i read the LN! :P (in other words, I know what happens in the LN, at least in the first 2 vols thus far... -_-)

Anyways, regarding this episode, they covered quite a lot of material frm the LN n it seemed to b moving alon pretty fast, which in some ways was good cos the first 2 episodes felt like they dragged on a bit, so this is the best episode, imo

But, like some others have mentioned, they'e cut out quite some scenes n lines tho. While some of these parts were not necessary, agn, like some others mentioned, one or two parts couldve easily been added...

When it came to explanations n how magic works, I can understand why some ppl wud b a little confused.Even after reading the LN, i still feel a little confused

Which makes me want to point out the fact that watching the anime actually helped me understand the mechanics of some of the magic... they animatsd the analysis of the morisaki vs tatsuya fight scene pretty well, and I believe watchin that alone was sufficient in explaining how tatsuya's magic works...

Btw, after watching this episode, i have this feeling Madhouse is focussing more on entertainment... as in, rather than bore everyone with the workings behind magic, which is difficult to understand even in the LN (or maybe i'm stupid...), they'd rather move the story along... i mean, it's not like as if not fully comprehending how the magic works will make me wanna drop the show... jus my opinion
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Apr 19, 2014 3:21 PM

May 2013
I love this show oO I wasn`t sure if this will be a crap "Onii-chan I love you" story again, which was the reason why i never touched the manga but oh man what did i miss all this time! Tatsuya is such a BA and hasn`t got this totaly overused "Shonen-Personality" and is calm, which makes him a really comfortable Protagonist. I will read the LNs once I have time (already all of them on my Phone Baka-Tsuki app ftw!) as I already read in the wiki how awesome the series gets. I know SnK and SAO were really hyped, I was one of those that said they were overhyped and not as good as they seemed, but this Anime really caught my eyes, the Story is far better because everything gets explained and makes sense in a Way.
PS: That is my own opinion and no one elses, if you don`t think the same way be free to comment in a good way, if not and you comment with "SnK is the best Anime!! or SAO" pls get the fuck off and don´t even try to reply :D
Apr 19, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2014
Clive said:
kidax said:

Just ignore it, the whole explanation for the fight was hilarious.

How did you move so fast?
That's 'cause he is learning ninjutsu with this famous sensei...

But how did you knock him out so easily?
It's thanks to this CAD built by this famous engineer... and compound waves

Compound waves?? How on earth..
I have super calculation skills, by the way, your method to determine magic skills sucks...

If he ends up having a harem he will say that Keima Katsuragi gave him some tips, also for the delight of the girls he probably might be able to summon Mara. Still, not OP.

Oh God it was so hilarious I was laughing at the whole explanation. By the way I'm surprised most of the people were ok with the incest part. Seriously that whole part was so uncomfortable I had to skip it.
Apr 19, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
Lol'ed at Azusa - Silver Horn made by Silver Taurus.
Miyuki's body :D
We meet Sawaki and Tatsumi from the Disciplinary Committee.. and Morisaki has been recommended for a spot in the committee too :o
Plenty of hostility from Morisaki towards Tatsuya.
Aww, just stops part way through Tatsuya owning them :(
Tsukasa is interested :p
nice episode.
Apr 19, 2014 3:35 PM
Apr 2014
I'm a little lost on Tatsuya's... "reboot" sequence.
Is it a mystery to be explained in a later episode? Not asking for any spoilers from persons who have read the manga, just want to know if I missed something in previous episodes or not.
Apr 19, 2014 3:35 PM

Dec 2011
Tatsuya finally joins the Disciplinary Committee and is accepted by two members.
Miyuki really was daring back there with her prank and all.
It seems Tatsuya proves once again just how smart and powerful he is in his battle against the kenjutsu club.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 19, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2013
JaceG13 said:
I'm a little lost on Tatsuya's... "reboot" sequence.
Is it a mystery to be explained in a later episode? Not asking for any spoilers from persons who have read the manga, just want to know if I missed something in previous episodes or not.

It is something that should be explained later. So no you haven't missed anything yet.
Apr 19, 2014 3:39 PM
Apr 2013
It was fine and all. Still not wow'd by this anime but it is good enough to continue watching.
Apr 19, 2014 3:49 PM

Apr 2013
Curbstomp battles are nice, aren't they?
Except not at fucking all.
Apr 19, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2012
Shiba is OP and I believe that is understood.

Great episode!!!
Apr 19, 2014 4:18 PM

Apr 2014
Its getting better, finaly... I might actually end up liking this
Apr 19, 2014 4:23 PM
Mar 2014
i love incest
Apr 19, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2010
Kinda better than 2 first episodes, which were fine but nothing special.This one tho had more of everything...still just ok, but better.
Im interested in Tatsuya tbh.It seems like he i don't know, doesn't have feelings? he has the same face all the time, sometimes a little smirk.Then this reboot...im not saying he's not human tho, but there's definitely something up with him.
I need to watch those specials which explain things because sometimes i have no idea what are they talking about...most of time i think im hearing/reading ''blah blah blah'' instead of words.
incompleteAEGISApr 19, 2014 7:59 PM
Apr 19, 2014 4:27 PM

Feb 2012
MC is so cool, cooler than a cucumber and can take anyone in a fight. Also his imouto wants to rape him. Every otaku's dream, wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 4:28 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS... A FUCKING MASTERPIECE!
Apr 19, 2014 4:30 PM
Dec 2012
Lmfao that sister looks like she wants to rape him..loving it...And i'm loving these fight scenes just like when episode 1 was released I said to myself I couldn't fucking wait to watch this series and maybe putting it on hold untill all the episodes are out...But for me personally it's to good to resist and wait...Of course other peoples opinions may vary :)
Apr 19, 2014 4:32 PM
Oct 2010
Of course they had to put in an unnecessarily awkward scene with him and his sister.
Apr 19, 2014 4:33 PM

Apr 2014
bigzzcobzz said:
THIS IS... A FUCKING MASTERPIECE!

Oh you are such a tease.
Apr 19, 2014 4:39 PM

Feb 2014
I'm liking the techno beats in the show's ost. Fits well.
Apr 19, 2014 4:41 PM
Nov 2013
Sageof6Paths said:
I'm liking the techno beats in the show's ost. Fits well.

Same, the soundtrack is pretty sick.

Great episode, Tatsuya is pretty bad ass and overpowered (in a non annoying way)
Apr 19, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
Not going to lie, that lingerie scene was pretty smokin'. She has quite the body for being such a little girl <3
Apr 19, 2014 4:45 PM

Jun 2010
Z4k said:
By the way I'm surprised most of the people were ok with the incest part. Seriously that whole part was so uncomfortable I had to skip it.

Why? Fundamentally it is: "girl likes guy" - just because we tag the label siblings onto it, does not change a thing. It is as simple as that.
Apr 19, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2013
Tatsuya proved to be very strong, won of several opponents with ease
already doing successfully with several girls
Miyuki was jealous of his brother and knockout him
I look forward to be unveiled last of the brothers
________

Tatsuya demonstrou ser muito forte, venceu varios adversários com facilidade
ja está fazendo sucesso com várias garotas
Miyuki ficou com cíumes do irmão e nocauteou ele
aguardo ansioso para ser revelado o passado dos irmãos
Apr 19, 2014 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
The incest part brought up new information about Tatsuya so it didn't bother me. But motherfucker, these guys really know how to end an episode. Just 7 more days to go
Apr 19, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2010
Z4K said:
By the way I'm surprised most of the people were ok with the incest part. Seriously that whole part was so uncomfortable I had to skip it.
Huh, wasnt that like one of best parts in this episode? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 19, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2014
The MC is ridiculously OP.
Apr 19, 2014 5:09 PM
Jul 2008
Waaah this is so fricking good. Haven't liked a shounen this much since SAO's first arc.
Apr 19, 2014 5:10 PM

Aug 2013
I liked this episode, Tatsuya is so cool.
Apr 19, 2014 5:10 PM

Jul 2012
I can finally see why there are haters for this show.
Apr 19, 2014 5:12 PM

Jul 2010
Just one name.
Motherfucking Taku Iwasaki.

I'm digging Tatsuya as a character, I might already go gay for him.
Apr 19, 2014 5:23 PM
Nov 2013
''I can't see any incest hint'' - fanboys shitposting

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is so pathetic that is actually laughable. Anyway, another huge pile of crap this week, my opinion on the show is still the same. Actually, it's getting worse somehow haha. A very solid 2/10. Is not a 1/10 because the animation is good, and I can laugh a little bit. Not all bad.
Apr 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
The Yan is strong in this one.
Apr 19, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2013
God damn Miyuki couldn't even wait past the 3rd episode before making a move on her onii-sama...

Idk about this show - it seems like mostly talking and showcasing how much of a badass the main character is. I hope something more meaningful than inter-student-council drama happens soon.
Apr 19, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
i rly liked the ending. i just enjoy watching gary stu like characters.
the sister scene was um.. interesting LOL
Apr 19, 2014 5:45 PM
Apr 2014
xxdeathx said:
God damn Miyuki couldn't even wait past the 3rd episode before making a move on her onii-sama...

Idk about this show - it seems like mostly talking and showcasing how much of a badass the main character is. I hope something more meaningful than inter-student-council drama happens soon.
Don't worry the plot will move next episode or so
Apr 19, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2012
Miyuki is so lewd , love that :'3
C'mon Tatsuya, see her as a real woman!
Nice episode, love anime that have a badass MC :'D
Apr 19, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2013
I really disliked the first two episodes of this show, but this one was pretty awesome. I hope I'll continue to enjoy it.
Apr 19, 2014 5:55 PM

Aug 2012
Yes, some long awaited fan service brah
Apr 19, 2014 5:57 PM

Jan 2008
Lol, I just realized Nakamura Yuuichi voiced Kyousuke from Oreimo. He seems to be getting all the siscon roles.

Pretty awesome looking episode. I just wish they spent less time explaining the theory behind the magic (although we'd be clueless without it), and show more action. The end of the episode just left me wanting maor ass-kicking.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.