Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 23, 2008 10:49 PM

Jun 2007
Sobzob said:
Oh shi- He had a shotgun.

lolwut xD
I didnt noticed x'D

anyway, entertaining episode
I didnt expect that we will find out something about mikawa in this episode, will be looking forward to it, as well as next episode
May 17, 2009 7:08 AM

Feb 2008
Umm...why was Kotake back?
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Jun 24, 2009 1:21 AM

May 2008
Another great episode!
It was a real shame that it was censored. I guess we'll have to look forward to the Shigofumi DVD's,
And Fumika is just way too awsome.
Jun 29, 2009 2:24 PM

Mar 2009
This anime is amazing I really like it. The kids "suicide note" actually made a lot of sense. It was really powerful. I'm going to watch the next episode right now.

Apr 26, 2010 4:28 PM

Apr 2009
Weird guy, wanting to die just cause and all.
Aug 16, 2010 12:14 PM

Feb 2009
I don't really want a backstory for Fumika.Not after just 3-4 episodes.Anyways,I liked the episode 4/5
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Feb 23, 2011 11:37 AM

Dec 2008
In a way, I disliked the editing and then I did kind of like it, though my initial thought when I became focused on the shocked girls' reactions was, "OH GOD HE TOOK OFF HIS CLOTHES!" Wah, pervy mind...! Hahahaha.

But while it was kind of annoying, it didn't distract enough to make it clear he had a gun so evil and wrong it couldn't be shown. The threat of violence was imminent!

I kind of felt like the reason for Sen's suicide was obvious if it wasn't any of the things the people were discussing on TV... I was like, "Okay, so he either committed suicide just because he could or he wanted to be master of his own destiny." But I still liked this episode, since it was still interesting.

Also, that moment with the baby's handprint on the letter was one of the creepiest anti-abortion messages I've ever seen.
Aug 31, 2011 10:57 PM

Apr 2009
All Sen-chan did was jump. That's why he died.

Huh? WTF I think I just heard Shirou Emiya's "People Die If They Are Killed" line in my own head all over again. LOL

The old detective/police guy is back and he's the father of Kaname who recognizes our dear professional (and armed) postal worker.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 24, 2012 2:51 PM

Dec 2010
Maybe it was simply due to differing translations in fansubs but from what I gathered the guys beat that man up because the hostess was killed by him. I took the bloody handprint as a message from the mother to the father saying you not only killed me, you killed our child. If he killed her because she was pregnant or if she died during the procedure then I would say it could be seen as a statement about abortion, but I believe he was genuinely shocked when he received the letter, prompting the staff to taunt him with a "Right, daddy?"
May 20, 2012 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
"My job comes first." LOL!
Jul 20, 2012 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
Really great episode. Fumika is awesome! I love her lines about humanity and people in general. Each episode has had a really great story so far. And the mystery about her really starts this episode.
Aug 3, 2012 8:21 AM

Jul 2011
I can totally understand Sen-chan. o.o

Nice episode. I want her backstory. :D
Jul 8, 2013 2:37 AM

Aug 2010
The episode was interesting, though the fact that we are already getting some info on Fumika certainly helped. I thought that topic wouldn't really come up until the middle of the show or even until the last few episodes. 5/5.
May 22, 2014 3:46 AM

Jan 2009
Feel sorry for sen's dad. Not only does he harm others, his life is pretty much gonna be spent in jail cuz of his actions.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 15, 2014 9:06 AM

Jun 2012
I don't understand how someone could just go off and kill themselves just out of curiosity like that... Like, really, the very instant you find out what it's like to kill yourself it's too late, because you're dead, and once you're dead what good is that knowledge?

I feel bad for the father especially. I'm not saying it's justifiable to hold an entire classroom hostage at gunpoint, but it's clear that his son's suicide really devastated him to the point that he would do such a thing. Which is another problem I have with the guy who killed himself, he's completely inconsiderate of how the people around him would feel when he's gone.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Sep 8, 2014 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
What a waste. I understand there are people who kill themselves because they're overcome with grief, desperation and all kinds of negative emotions but to want to die just because you're curious how it feels? To treat life and death as a trivial matter? What a f*cking waste. I feel bad for those he left.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 20, 2015 3:07 AM

Jul 2014
Another great episode with a hint of Fumika's past. I really loved this episode.
Mar 23, 2015 1:17 PM

May 2008
Nice episode but idk it was very depressing...

May 5, 2015 1:24 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting episode and development! Looking forward to see what's next.
Mar 14, 2016 11:11 PM

Sep 2012
Well I enjoyed this. It was a fun watch. Interesting.
Apr 13, 2016 12:28 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really liked the topic of this episode, "suicide but not really." Wasn't expecting such a topic to come up, but it's also because of the way it's presented as not really suicide. I can understand Kotake and Sen-chan's thoughts, it really is kind of the spur of the moment thing, where you think, hey, why not? It also goes with the line of thought of how sometimes you (or maybe just me) may want to lay down and never wake up. It's not because I want to die, but because never waking up doesn't sound that bad either.

I can see how wanting to jump and committing suicide may just be semantics to some, but I think there really is a difference between wanting to kill yourself versus just wanting to do something that will most likely end up in your death. Like the two said, it's not because they want to die, "but it's not about wanting to live either."

Yeah I know the consequences of his action caused grief to his parents (and probably other people he was close with or knew) and the school had to worry about their reputation (this one is wtv though, so heartless), yet ultimately, there are people who don't live for others, and we're all selfish one way or another in that we like to do what we want to do. The thing about impulses is that most people don't act on it, like how Kotake stopped himself in the beginning of the episode, but a lot of people have those vague feelings. Sen-chan is just one of the very few that acted up on it.
Jun 15, 2016 11:58 AM

Sep 2014
That first Shigofumi with a bloody hand print.... Jesus Christ. It was very depressing and painfull to watch.
Aug 9, 2016 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
Can anyone explain the first Shigofumi of the bloody hand print and what relevance does it hold?
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 12, 2017 10:20 AM

Nov 2016
This was even weirder than the previous episodes, but it was the good kind of weird.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2017 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
It is inert as the new story and the main plot, while both are effective, they can not hinder the narrative. Less dramatic than the other previous story, however, reflects the suicide problem. The soundtrack is really good for the topics being dealt with.
Aug 6, 2019 9:01 AM

Oct 2012
That baby letter though, it's pretty creppy

I was wondering the whole episode, he seems like the kind of person "I'm curious about how jumping from tall building like"
Then he did it for real

That was pretty inresponsible of him, I feel bad for his father, he's genuinely sad about losing his son
But I guess he feel he doesn't have anything to lose, nothing to live and die for anyway
"Signature removed"
Jun 22, 2022 4:17 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
He jumped because he felt like it? wtf? The father's even more stupid for threatening an entire classroom instead of inquiring about his son's motives.
Nov 25, 2023 11:08 PM

Nov 2022
Wait, the Shigofumi carrier was human? This just got way more interesting, since it seems like there's a meta-story as well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Mar 22, 2008

123 by greed2 »»
May 8, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

nodoka-koi - Jan 5, 2008

130 by EtherLux »»
Dec 18, 2023 12:02 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 15, 2008

60 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:24 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Mar 8, 2008

108 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:20 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Mar 2, 2008

84 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.