Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 4, 2014 3:15 PM
Dec 2013
RandomPerson4 said:

Can't handle awesome cars? Go play with your dolls.

Im not really interested in 2 1/2 hours of pointless car-drifting,shitty dialogs and EXTREMLY bad acting...sorry if thats a dissapointment for you.

MrAwesome2014 said:
Even Naruto is better than Cowboy Bebop.

in every single aspect.
Apr 4, 2014 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
Yes you are.
Shame on you!
Apr 4, 2014 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
jayss said:
tsudecimo said:
BlackSabotage said:
tsudecimo said:
Guys can we at least agree that Spike is not cool?

Then who in your opinion is a cool anime character?

Idk, at least a couple of hundreds.

I didn't watch Ashita no Joe and LoGH, but Joe and yang look cooler than Spike.
Overall they're hundreds of times better characters than Spike

Joe is certainly more evil than Spike. Yang is cool but in a subtle way.
Apr 4, 2014 4:04 PM

Apr 2009
MrAwesome2014 said:

Yeah. Because Naruto is Fillertastic!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2014
I don't care about it. Especially when people, uh, bring it into points like "you haven't watched anine praised for its substance such as cowboy bepop and whatnot. Watch them first before you complain about other shows."

Such arguments actually drive me away from even watching said things.
Apr 4, 2014 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
What frustrated me was the fact that it was episodic....

I would've preferred a more cohesive storyline.

BUT, that didn't change the fact that I loved the characters, the setting, the music, and the fact that it was an anime that was not in a fucking Japanese Highschool.

I gave it a solid 8/10
Apr 4, 2014 4:13 PM

Nov 2011
JustALEX said:

BUT, that didn't change the fact that I loved the characters, the setting, the music, and the fact that it was an anime that was not in a fucking Japanese Highschool.

I gave it a solid 8/10

Oh god what's with everyone and hating episodic anime? Its not like the stories weren't even a continuation of each other.
Apr 4, 2014 4:15 PM

Oct 2013
MrAwesome2014 said:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAKA! BAAAAAAAAAAKA! Shine!
Apr 4, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
Nah man I didnt care for it as well. Also gurren lagann too, just not my type of shows
Apr 4, 2014 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:

He's the coolest character obviously.

In all seriousness, quite a lot of people dislike Cowboy Bebop from what I can see. Because of it's praise, or episodic style. Despite this it gets really high ratings on most websites.
Apr 4, 2014 4:31 PM

Mar 2013
BlackSabotage said:
JustALEX said:

I gave it a solid 8/10

Oh god what's with everyone and hating episodic anime? Its not like the stories weren't even a continuation of each other.
in my opinion I felt that the reason I didn't like cowboy bebop's episodic nature was because it just wasn't consistent with it. I mean they kept going back to a crap revenge story based of plot convenience. If they would of gotten rid of that it in my opinion would of been better. Or they could of done the opposite and went more story driven either one would work I just felt that they were in a weird middle ground which didn't work
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Apr 4, 2014 4:34 PM

Nov 2013
It's been years since I've watched Cowboy Bebop and even now, I can still remember several scenes and episodes off the top of my head that struck me when I first saw them, which IMO is a testament to the show's strong writing and the individuality of each episode.

Strong writing, not brilliant. I'll admit that there were weak episodes sprinkled throughout. Still, Cowboy Bebop is fairly sophisticated when it it wants to be (especially considering its time period), and there's no denying the fact that it's an iconic anime that'll be discussed for years to come.

If you didn't like it, then that's that. Plenty of people don't.
Apr 4, 2014 4:36 PM

Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:

But he has an afro, that makes him cooler than any character who doesn't have an afro.
Apr 4, 2014 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
mattbenz99 said:
BlackSabotage said:
JustALEX said:

I gave it a solid 8/10

in my opinion I felt that the reason I didn't like cowboy bebop's episodic nature was because it just wasn't consistent with it. I mean they kept going back to a crap revenge story based of plot convenience. If they would of gotten rid of that it in my opinion would of been better. Or they could of done the opposite and went more story driven either one would work I just felt that they were in a weird middle ground which didn't work

^Yes, I feel the same.

I didn't think the main story was all that great or at least if they would've focused more on it, maybe I would've liked it more.

The non-main storyline episodes were great though.....I'm not complaining about that.
Apr 4, 2014 4:38 PM

Feb 2014
BlackSabotage said:
JustALEX said:

I gave it a solid 8/10

Because the story feels random and shit. Still think it was a good anime. If it wasn't episodic maybe it would have gotten a better score.
If I should believe in God. I should also believe in the tooth fairy. The bible is man made. It was Made by bearded men to try and control people with their beliefs. Off topic. No anime can even come close to Nana. :P

Apr 4, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2013
Hell no, mate! Though I only dislike Bebop because on the 4 separate occasions Ive tried to give it a chance, its always that goddamn monkey virus episode. I probably wouldve liked it but the universe doesnt want me to.
Apr 4, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2013
The episodic nature fits very well with the prevalent themes of the show. If it had been entirely arc-based, or had every episode as part of a single contiguous storyline, it wouldn't have made as much sense given the way the rest of the show is and frankly, I wouldn't have liked it as much.

If you don't understand what I mean by that, then you're a pleb you didn't get what the show was about, so of course you wouldn't think it's anything special.

Another thing, the main story got as many episodes as it needed. A huge part of the charm is how rich the back story is despite (or perhaps because of) it being largely untold.

But all that aside, it episodic allows Shinichiro Watanabe to do as he likes. Some of the episodes were pretty meh, like Asteroid Blues or Stray Dog Strut, but at the same time, we had episodes like Mushroom Samba and Toys in the Attic. Those episodes would not have been possible, or would have been dismissed as mindless filler if it wasn't an episodic show. And yet, Toys in the Attic is one of my favorite episodes in the series.
Apr 4, 2014 5:12 PM

Dec 2013
It's so old that it'll take a long time to prepare myself for it
Apr 4, 2014 5:12 PM

Mar 2013
fst said:
The episodic nature fits very well with the prevalent themes of the show. If it had been entirely arc-based, or had every episode as part of a single contiguous storyline, it wouldn't have made as much sense given the way the rest of the show is and frankly, I wouldn't have liked it as much.

If you don't understand what I mean by that, then you're a pleb you didn't get what the show was about, so of course you wouldn't think it's anything special.

Another thing, the main story got as many episodes as it needed. A huge part of the charm is how rich the back story is despite (or perhaps because of) it being largely untold.

But all that aside, it episodic allows Shinichiro Watanabe to do as he likes. Some of the episodes were pretty meh, like Asteroid Blues or Stray Dog Strut, but at the same time, we had episodes like Mushroom Samba and Toys in the Attic. Those episodes would not have been possible, or would have been dismissed as mindless filler if it wasn't an episodic show. And yet, Toys in the Attic is one of my favorite episodes in the series.
god no the main story was so underdeveloped that it needed to rely heavily on plot convenience
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Apr 4, 2014 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
You're going to have to be more specific about the "plot convenience" thing.

Are you referring to

or

If so, the reasons are:

1) He's badass
2)

3) It's one of those things that you're not supposed to think about. Nobody gives Bill Watterson shit for never clarifying just exactly what the hell Hobbes is.
fstApr 4, 2014 5:18 PM
Apr 4, 2014 5:15 PM

Nov 2012
mattbenz99 said:
BlackSabotage said:
tsudecimo said:
Yeah Cowboy bepoop is really boring and average (the curse of episodic anime), and Spike is not cool and I didn't even watch it.

To call it boring is one thing but to say Spike isn't cool!?
in my opinion fey was cooler than spike
You know what's not cool? Your persistence against Pirates.
Apr 4, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
Anon1409 said:
It's so old that it'll take a long time to prepare myself for it
pleb
Apr 4, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2013
fst said:
You're going to have to be more specific.

Apr 4, 2014 5:24 PM

Sep 2012
Episodic anime sucks unless it's moe school kawaii desuuu shows.

/thread
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 4, 2014 5:37 PM

Sep 2013
No, you're not alone.
Apr 4, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2013
mattbenz99 said:
god no the main story was so underdeveloped that it needed to rely heavily on plot convenience

Are you a plot-focused person? Some people will tell you that Bebop isn't meant to be watched for the plot itself but rather its execution.
Apr 4, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2013
Korrvo said:

/thread

qft
Apr 4, 2014 5:49 PM

May 2013
Most of the people that didn't like Bebop are the people who watched it because they heard it was good and got hyped up. When it first aired on Adult Swim, it was revolutionary at that time and those watching it had massive amounts of appreciation for the show.
Apr 4, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2013
-Tien- said:
mattbenz99 said:

Are you a plot-focused person? Some people will tell you that Bebop isn't meant to be watched for the plot itself but rather its execution.

i understand but like i said before they are in a weird middle ground where it is both a plot focused and episodic show. i just think that they really needed to pick 1 of the 2 because when you try and do both it really fails

Apr 4, 2014 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
MiniMoose10 said:
Most of the people that didn't like Bebop are the people who watched it because they heard it was good and got hyped up. When it first aired on Adult Swim, it was revolutionary at that time and those watching it had massive amounts of appreciation for the show.
i found it by accident on youtube when i was 12. i watched it and then dropped it after a little over 10 episodes. at the time i have never once heard of the show.

Apr 4, 2014 5:52 PM

Jun 2008
Korrvo said:

/thread

I hate to agree...so I won't.

But yeah, I have to agree....although I really don't.

Maybe...
Apr 4, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2012
Episodic only works for me if the series is heavy on comedy. Hell girl is another example of an episodic show that I ended up dropping. Sooooooooo repetitive ._. I got pretty burnt out after 8 episodes or so.

Korrvo said:

/thread

i guess this works too o_o

Apr 4, 2014 6:22 PM
Dec 2013
Didn't watch it yet, but I plan to soon. Hopefully It will fulfill my expectations since a lot of people have recommended it to me.
Apr 4, 2014 6:58 PM

Feb 2010
@episodic haters: As if there were really good plots around. Seriously, I've watched like 5-10 anime that had the plot as the most enjoyable aspect, normally the strong suit of anime lies elsewhere, so episodic shows are perfect because they make use of the strong parts of anime, characters, worldbuilding and such.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 4, 2014 6:58 PM
Sep 2013
I like Cowboy Bebop and think its great, but I don't think it's a 10/10 like some people.
Apr 4, 2014 7:12 PM
Nov 2013
skyzblue said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Kerozinn said:
skyzblue said:
Uh...and the motive behind this thread is?

to raise everyones post count. success!

i could imagine people watching bebop NOW or in the last years not getting it for whatever reasons.

I think Bebop was the first anime that I watched in 2014. Dammit, it's a fucking masterpiece. Currently watching Mushishi, that's also controversial (people complaining about episodic, plot, being bored) and I think the hype of it is justified. Mushishi: another fucking masterpiece (at least so far).

Y-you framed me?
Such an act of betrayal.

Hahaha not at all, people really complain about that.
Apr 4, 2014 7:30 PM

Oct 2012
I generally don't care for episodic anime but Cowboy Bebop actually has a main plot identified early on and most of the episodes that don't involve the main story are still hits rather than misses.
ShrabsterApr 4, 2014 7:51 PM

Apr 4, 2014 7:35 PM

Jan 2013
SmashTehCookie said:
Fact:
Bebop shits on all your favorite episodic anime shows. Besides Mushishi.

Fact:
Mushishi=Ghost in the S.A.C. > Cowboy Bebop
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 4, 2014 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
skyzblue said:
SmashTehCookie said:
Fact:

Fact:

come on your equation is not complete without Breaking Bad in there

Apr 4, 2014 7:38 PM
Nov 2013
Fact:
Poor masses, art is incomprehensible for them.
Apr 4, 2014 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
Zeally said:
skyzblue said:
SmashTehCookie said:
Fact:

Fact:

B-but I'm n-not Majinsaga..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 4, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
skyzblue said:
Zeally said:
skyzblue said:
SmashTehCookie said:
Fact:

Fact:

Plot twist:
you are
Apr 4, 2014 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
PWJP said:
skyzblue said:
Zeally said:
skyzblue said:
SmashTehCookie said:
Fact:

Fact:

Plot twist:
you are

The plot has more holes that a Swiss cheesecake..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 4, 2014 8:01 PM

Oct 2009
bebop was solid

however, stuff like monster, berserk demolish it
Apr 4, 2014 8:05 PM

Jun 2012
Inferno_Cop said:
>But I went in expecting the greatest anime of all time because that was what everyone called it

Here is you problem.You were expecting too much.

This.

It's a cool show with great voice acting, animation, and music with some good episodic stories which all have their merits but some are better than others.

It's one thing to have expectations given it's praise but going in "expecting the greatest anime of all time" is the wrong mindset to have and can ruin your experience.
Apr 4, 2014 8:07 PM
Sep 2013
RandomChampion said:
bebop was solid

however, stuff like monster, berserk demolish it
I couldn't agree more.
Apr 4, 2014 8:25 PM

Mar 2013
skyzblue said:
PWJP said:
skyzblue said:
Zeally said:
skyzblue said:
SmashTehCookie said:
Fact:

Fact:

Plot twist:
you are

The plot has more holes that a Swiss cheesecake..
so it comes right back to bebop

Apr 4, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2012
i didn't like it at all so you are not along in disliking it
RRRRRRRRRR
Apr 4, 2014 8:38 PM

Jun 2008
Zeally said:
skyzblue said:
SmashTehCookie said:
Fact:

Fact:

Thank you!

Also, Momo>all.
Apr 4, 2014 8:40 PM

Sep 2012
skyzblue said:
SmashTehCookie said:
Fact:

Fact:
Fact:
Mushishi = Highschool SoL/Episodic shows > Other episodic anime.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - May 14, 2008

183 by FunniMonkey69 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

116 by RioFS »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 22, 2009

114 by RioFS »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - Apr 27, 2008

180 by RioFS »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HaiAlwaysHungry - Oct 29, 2008

116 by RioFS »»
Yesterday, 12:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.