Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2014 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jojo suddenly has budget and it looks AWESOME. Amazing start into S2!

Jotaro is awesome, the Stands look awesome and that ending!
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 4, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, been waiting for this like forever.

Holly spotted earlier in the episode. Then again, there's Jotarooooooooo. Joseph is awesome too and I remember his confrontation like from the manga. Abdul comes out as well, awesome. Magician's REDDDDDDDDD. I loved the first episode. I think the first episode adapted 2-3 chapters.
Apr 4, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2011
I wasn't expecting there to be either an OP or an ED but man, I can't wait to see what they are.
Apr 4, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2010
HEREEEE WE GOOOOOOO.
That gag with Holly and Joseph we saw in the PV.

Dat Star Platinum.

NOOOOOOOOO THEY SKIPPED BOTH OP&ED.
Apr 4, 2014 9:01 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah, leaving out both ending and opening is a bummer. However, the current pacing seems to indicate a 3-cour season!
Apr 4, 2014 9:01 AM

Feb 2009
No OP, no ED.
Still awesome, ten times better animated than the previous parts.
Apr 4, 2014 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Yeah, leaving out both ending and opening is a bummer. However, the current pacing seems to indicate a 3-cour season!

Wait, did it adapt to 4 chapters? I can't remember but I know it's at least 3 chapters.
Apr 4, 2014 9:03 AM

Jan 2014
Wait wait wait...
it's today?

It's TODAY.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 9:06 AM

Jan 2009
Stark700 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Wait, did it adapt to 4 chapters? I can't remember but I know it's at least 3 chapters.

4.5 Chapters, the end of chapter 4 will be next episode.
Apr 4, 2014 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
Ame_Sama said:
Stark700 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Oh I see. No wonder I can't remember the ending there.
Apr 4, 2014 9:07 AM
Sep 2011
The pacing is a big relief, cant wait for that 39 episode announcement.

Jojo is no longer a slide show. That animation holy smokes.
Apr 4, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
aeysoi said:
The pacing is a big relief, cant wait for that 39 episode announcement.

Jojo is no longer a slide show. That animation holy smokes.

What are you talking about? Animation was awesome and really special in the first 2 parts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 9:10 AM
Oct 2012
Been awhile since I've been this excited for a new show, happy that the animation looks better than the first two parts. Eagerly waiting for the subs.
Apr 4, 2014 9:29 AM

Feb 2009
The first episode is now out on Crunchyroll. The 50 minutes I said earlier were a bit off the mark, it was 20 minutes.
Apr 4, 2014 9:42 AM

Jun 2012
Time for JoJo to conquer ZA WARUDO!!
Apr 4, 2014 9:56 AM

Jan 2010
My body is ready....

Thank you Crunchyroll for the HD show.

Seems like David Productions got a huge budget. I love it!

I love that the new hype man is Joesph. Kill La Kill has been replaced.
Apr 4, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
So it begins :D The quality of this first episode was top notch. That epic 3D pan when Holly and the policemen were walking towards Jotaro. Hopefully they keep it like that throughout the whole series and just a first episode thing.

Nidhoeggr said:
The pacing of this first episode was a lot slower compared to the first season. I highly doubt it's going be 3-course though. Definitely 2 from the looks of it.
Apr 4, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2010
I don't know, with only one episode is hard telling what course is going to be. Let's wait for more episodes to get a solid idea of what they're trying to do.
Apr 4, 2014 10:07 AM
Aug 2011
[MANLINESS INTENSIFIES]

ihusmal1234 said:
That epic 3D pan when Holly and the policemen were walking towards Jotaro.

The camera pans and the sounds accompanying them were glorious. They did a great job here, I felt like they did even better than JoJo 2012.

Now i'm just so pumped. Glad they'vel withheld that OP and ED else my heart give out.
∞/10
Apr 4, 2014 10:08 AM

Nov 2012
And it begins....
Apr 4, 2014 10:13 AM
Dec 2013
I'm feeling so happy right now. I admit I haven't finished reading the Part 3 Manga yet, but I watched the old OVAs and played the Capcom fighting game. I'd be glad when they bring back villains like Hol Horse, J. Gail, Enya, N'Dool, BUT I'd be even more happy if they give screen time to other villains that weren't in the OVAs, like Mariah, Petshop, Rubber Soul, Devo and so on. I hope this show will be longer than 24 episodes.
Vladislav_PaizisApr 4, 2014 10:17 AM
Apr 4, 2014 10:26 AM
Nov 2008
So much GAR.

Aw yeah! :D
Apr 4, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2009
Really liked this first episode. The pacing is good and they improved the animation. Jotaro's fight with Avdol looked amazing with all the effects they put on stands.

Based David Production. Also, the Passione CM was beautiful. Looking forward to new OP and ED next episode.
Apr 4, 2014 10:36 AM
Jan 2014
Can't wait for OP and ED to be shown in the next episode.
Apr 4, 2014 10:39 AM

Jul 2010
"a strange box was discovered, when opened it had 2 separate compartments"

Wich means that Dio got inside one of the compartments with Jonathan's Body while Erina and Lisa Lisa got out in the other.
Plot Hole status: Filled

Or anyway, it's nice seeing David Production that tries to "fix" some Araki's oversights of the manga.
Apr 4, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2014
How does this show make shonen tropes sound so awesome? Execution. The rushy, over-the-top, breeze-through style doesn't even give me a chance to complain and I just have to accept it. Epic.

It's true so far that this is more "shonen"-like than Battle Tendency, and I have to admit, this premiere wasn't as iconic as Phantom Bloods or as explosive as BT's with the strait fight. But still great.

Stands so far aren't as complex as I expected them to be. Some spirit hovering susanoo' style, but cool designs nonetheless. I'll wait and see how it goes.

5/5
Apr 4, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2011
If it adapted about 4 chapters and going this pace, it might be 3 cour to be honest. There might be a few omissions but I'm confident in the pacing right now. And next week will likely be the OP + ED song.
Apr 4, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2009
judals said:
How does this show make shonen tropes sound so awesome? Execution. The rushy, over-the-top, breeze-through style doesn't even give me a chance to complain and I just have to accept it. Epic.

It's true so far that this is more "shonen"-like than Battle Tendency, and I have to admit, this premiere wasn't as iconic as Phantom Bloods or as explosive as BT's with the strait fight. But still great.

Stands so far aren't as complex as I expected them to be. Some spirit hovering susanoo' style, but cool designs nonetheless. I'll wait and see how it goes.

5/5

Well, this was the very beginning of Stands so expect a lot of standard supernatural powers in SC. It is in Part 4 and onwards were the really crazy Stands appear. Nevertheless, the fights in SC are mostly well executed and rather creative given their tropes.
Apr 4, 2014 10:51 AM

Feb 2013
Oh my God i'm so happy this is finally here. The animation has improved significantly, gosh that was awesome.

Apr 4, 2014 10:52 AM

Jan 2014
I don't mind minor spoilers but in what way is it gonna be crazy, just wanna make sure what I should expect... is it some 'bizarre' IDGAF crazy such as BT (on steroids) or creatively crazy with out-the-box ideas, or....?
Apr 4, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2012
judals said:

is this really some people's first introduction to stardust crusaders? i always figured people who watched the new jjba anime all read the manga or at least seen the 2000 ova series. in a way i kind of envy you. btw the stands get pretty elaborate and complex in later parts on this is just the beginning of stands in jojo.
Apr 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah why not, that's the point of new anime, no?

P.S I love the generation jumping, for a massively long anime series to get a large universe and new ideas/mythologies without milking the characters, I have faith this will keep strong as it goes on.
GrunbeldApr 4, 2014 11:00 AM
Apr 4, 2014 10:59 AM
Jan 2008
judals said:
I don't mind minor spoilers but in what way is it gonna be crazy, just wanna make sure what I should expect... is it some 'bizarre' IDGAF crazy such as BT (on steroids) or creatively crazy with out-the-box ideas, or....?

Here's a rundown of the different Stands: http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stands

In part 3 Jotaro has a pretty versatile Stand but his father can smash a camera and make a psychic picture of the intended target/event. One stand is microscopic and enters your head to attack your brain.

Many stands have a humanoid shape but just as many don't.

Hope that's minor enough.
ZodiacBeastApr 4, 2014 11:02 AM
Apr 4, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
Ame_Sama said:
Stark700 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

More like 3.5 chapters.
Apr 4, 2014 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
ZodiacBeast said:
judals said:

Here's a rundown of the different Stands: http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stands

In part 3 Jotaro has a pretty versatile Stand but his father can smash a camera and make a psychic picture of the intended target/event. One stand is microscopic and enters your head to attack your brain.

Many stands have a humanoid shape but just as many don't.

Hope that's minor enough.

Part V
Apr 4, 2014 11:10 AM

Sep 2008
Vladislav_Paizis said:
I'm feeling so happy right now. I admit I haven't finished reading the Part 3 Manga yet, but I watched the old OVAs and played the Capcom fighting game. I'd be glad when they bring back villains like Hol Horse, J. Gail, Enya, N'Dool, BUT I'd be even more happy if they give screen time to other villains that weren't in the OVAs, like Mariah, Petshop, Rubber Soul, Devo and so on. I hope this show will be longer than 24 episodes.

i swear i've been keeping myself sane by playing the capcom game while waiting for this. it's sooooo good, i love it so much. I remember i started playing it like right when i was starting the manga and i was cracking up for hours at everyone's stands and moves. If they don't put in Petshop in this then I'm going to destroy something. Mariah is my favorite too, ah so many things to show, not enough time.

This first episode has made me so happy, i can't even express my excitement right now. Old joseph is on point and I'm so happy we got to see the interactions with him and holly. Avdol looked amazing and the stands looked amazing. Star Platinum looked so magical and we got Dio at the end already strutting his stuff. I am going to explode this next episode goodbye friends.
Apr 4, 2014 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
HOLY... This first episode was perfect! Fantastically animated, voices were perfectly cast, the music was great, pacing was good, and THOSE STANDS! I already know that this new anime is gonna be WAY better than the OVAs. Anime of the year, anyone? ;)

Already can't wait for next week's episode! Looking forward to the new opening and ending themes.
Nei-sanApr 4, 2014 11:16 AM
Apr 4, 2014 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
Akanezora said:
"a strange box was discovered, when opened it had 2 separate compartments"

Wich means that Dio got inside one of the compartments with Jonathan's Body while Erina and Lisa Lisa got out in the other.
Plot Hole status: Filled

I still find that weird, and how come Erina did not feel the other compartment?

Anyways, awesome first episode. The stand summoning is tons better than how ASB did it.

The budget went up and the animation is really good for what it is.

One of the best shows this season for sure. God I can't wait for Polnareff and Iggy.

And OP and ED are next week. I would really like another English song for the ED, Holy Diver would be great.

5/5 - 10/10 - Two Right Thumbs Up!
Apr 4, 2014 11:17 AM
Jan 2008
DylDawg said:
One of the best shows this season for sure. God I can't wait for Polnareff and Iggy.

Two of my favorite characters. YESH

DylDawg said:
And OP and ED are next week. I would really like another English song for the ED, Holy Diver would be great.

*bows in reverence*
I too want to know what song they got for the ED. If they didn't get another English song I will be sorely disappointed.

What makes getting Jojo today even better is that Wiktionary's word of the day is "roundabout".
Apr 4, 2014 11:18 AM

May 2010
its finally here! wow that was one badass first episode.i am really excited for this show!
the part with the 30k yen camera made me laugh.

5/5 couldnt ask for more.
Apr 4, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2011
ZodiacBeast said:
DylDawg said:

*bows in reverence*
I too want to know what song they got for the ED. If they didn't get another English song I will be sorely disappointed.

What makes getting Jojo today even better is that Wiktionary's word of the day is "roundabout".

At this point I think Roundabout will likely return, which makes sense for this part anyway.
Apr 4, 2014 11:22 AM

Jun 2009
Looking real good. The Stand's were handled really well, and David Pro yet again does a great job of capturing the spirit of Jojo. Jotaro is too cool, it's fun to see him alongside the over the top Joseph.

Kakyoin next episode it seems, can't wait.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 4, 2014 11:24 AM

Nov 2012
ORA ORA ORA ORA, ZA MANRYNESS!!!
Apr 4, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Should I finish part 2 before starting this..? I kinda wanna see this and more interested than part 2..
Apr 4, 2014 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
http://i.imgur.com/rh5JCKB.gif
Dat animation

I can't wait to see how they handle the rest of the stand battles.
[center]
Apr 4, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
Should I finish part 2 before starting this..? I kinda wanna see this and more interested than part 2..

Yes, you need to watch Part 2 before watching this.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 4, 2014 11:34 AM
Aug 2011
ZodiacBeast said:

Whoa you're right. First time i've seen Wiktionary thing but it knows, it knows.
Apr 4, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
@ Judal

For whatever reason my PS3 won't let me quote. But, about the stands. There are some cool ideas in part 3, but like Nid said the stands get really creative as the series goes on. I think that's what stands bring to the series, creativity that just wasn't possible with the ripple techniques.

@ Tsudecimo

Absolutely, the final battles of part 2 are really cool. Besides, you can't be that far from the end.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 4, 2014 11:36 AM
Jan 2008
Andan210 said:
tsudecimo said:

Yes, you need to watch Part 2 before watching this.

I obviously know that it's the story of a major chapter in Jotaro's father Joseph's life, but I forget, what elements from Battle Tendency tied directly into Stardust Crusaders?
Apr 4, 2014 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
@ Zodiac

Joseph is Jotaro's grandfather.

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

173 by Mikoshiba-san »»
May 3, 9:21 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

132 by JosVoogt21 »»
Apr 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.