Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 2014 2:40 AM

Feb 2011
kaimax said:
srwgfan said:
The only music that i dislike was the ED though,

You mean Hanpan Spirit by Hyadain? Preferences aside that was the most perfect song that they can use.

The song is literally about "Nostalgia and Hobbies" and in one part it says "whether you're a child or an adult, you can lose yourself in something", besides being the main point of the show it certainly relates very closely to Gunpla itself. If you understand the lyrics, it will incite nostalgia no matter what.

Thanks for pointing it out kaimax! I really appreciate it :) And i just finished rewatching episode 25 the second time, i noticed i was missing some stuff happening on the screen like Sengoku Astray Hammer plus Axe. I have absolutely no idea why did i managed to miss that when i first watch the episode. It can't be helped since the whole episode is filled of epicness and somehow it managed it slip off my mind xD

Both Sei and Reiji seiyuu did a awesome job! especially Sachi Kokuryu i didn't know Reiji was voiced by a female until i take another look on the cast list. a badass female indeed! I hope they will get more roles in the future!
Apr 7, 2014 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
What a way to end the show! The intensity of the last battle along with that epic soundtrack was just an awesome experience. Nice way to keep the goodbye and I'm glad Alia got to stay with Reiji.

This was such a fun show. I can only imagine how much more enjoyable it would have been had I seen other Gundam shows. I don't rank shows but this is very similar to Carnival Phantasm in the sense that it gives the fans "good fanservice" based on the respective worlds. Even as a newcomer, I was able to enjoy it thoroughly. Hope to rewatch this someday.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 7, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
Can't Reiji pretty much come back anytime he wants?
Apr 11, 2014 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
Super good series. I'm satisfied.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 13, 2014 5:45 AM

Apr 2013
first of all. i avoided the show because i thought it would be just a big commercial for gunpla without much quality especially after age, but thankfully i was wrong.

sure it is still a big commercial for gunpla but on top of that it is an awesome gundam fanservice show

the star build strike vs gundam wing fenice was just so good.

the final battle reminded me a bit of when i used to watch yugioh and beyblade and suddenly the game mixes with the real world. awesome seeing all gunpla fighting together

loved the main plot about the plavsky particles allowing the gunpla models to be controlled. the sub plot with team nemesis and ppse was a bit annoying.

op end ed were good especially the first op. ost of the series was really good aswell.

you really should never judge a series too quick, could haved missed out on one of the most entertaining gundam series

8.5/10

+
-great battles
-likable characters
-creative story to make the gunpla move
-good music
-very entertaining

-
-the tournament rules were all over the place to make it more dramatic
-sub plot with nemesis and ppse
-some battles were very formulaic especially towards the end: build knuckle solves everything
-no important character had a custom epyon, just some random guy in the battle royale
Apr 14, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
I demand a season 2!
Apr 19, 2014 4:52 AM
May 2012
wanritsu said:
I demand a season 2!

YEAH! OBVIOUSLY! Talk about there's so many loose ends to tie! The question is:-

1. where's that douchebag Nine? You know, the one who make Aila suffer & turn Meijin into Exia Dark Matter? Did he just disappeared all of the sudden?

2. Why are they let that piece of shit Mashita escaped?!
Jun 28, 2014 5:05 PM

Nov 2012
Aside from being repetitive and predictable this was a pretty decent show 6/10.

Glad they kept the shipping intact with Aila going with Reiji to Arian.

One year timeskip,I guess Sei did get stronger if he managed to make it to the preliminaries of the world championships.

Hope to see the mandatory Reiji vs Sei final in the sequel.
VanishingKiraJun 28, 2014 5:11 PM
Jul 7, 2014 10:30 AM

Jan 2012
predictable til the end..

reiji being alien was a good twist though.. I thought he was like a real life gundam pilot from another world at first

action scenes were good but a bit repetitive

7.5/10

would def. ravage sei's mom's vagina over and over
Jul 26, 2014 10:57 PM
Aug 2011
Ral and Chinan moment was amazing.
Mao best gunpla boy.

I keep saying that this series was fun but truly I had a smile on my face the majority of the time.
Some victories and some moments were a bit of a stretch but that didn't dwindle my enjoyment.

Definitely something new for the kids but also cares for the older and/or die-hard fans as well with so many callbacks to the older series.
Despite predictability issues it never lost sight of these two things and that was the greatest thing about it for me.

Also glad that Yuuki had at least somewhat of a chance to fight without the mask.
Reiji was aloof until the end. I'm actually surprised he didn't (or couldn't) come back to see Sei again.
I thought for sure he's pop back in at the last second.
Hopefully we can see everyone 7 years later in the sequel.

mecharobot said:
I certainly didn't get any good hobby or sports feel from it.

sounds like a personal problem
standJul 26, 2014 11:01 PM
Aug 30, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
Hey, it was pretty nice overall. It was refreshing to watch this (just like Ginga e Kickoff!!) because it was pretty light hearted and fun overall. No trippy mindfcks or dark shounen plot at all. The characters were fun, although one dimensional. The battles were alright too, even if I'm not an action-fan in the first place. 7/10

Definitely watching the sequel.
Sep 25, 2014 2:41 AM

Mar 2010
I was debating whether or not to drop the series, but it's become really awesome towards the end, notably 20th episode.
Really great show, a bit childish at first, but gets really fun for all audiences, and the soundtrack is real good, too. I'm gonna watch the sequel for sure.
I also think it did the romance elements pretty well.

That's some signature, eh?
Sep 25, 2014 11:32 PM

Mar 2013
While this show might not be the typical Gundam show, it defiantly deserves it be ranked with the best of them. The plot while simple, was fun. The action was top notch. The characters were good. The Romance didn't feel forced. The cameos and references were enough to make many a Gundam fan geek out. The comedy was actually well executed. Really, the only part I was meh about, was the baseball fight. It was just too out there. Other wise, there was not an episode I didn't like. The ending managed to be emotional, with out being to cheesy.

If this show was a marketing attempt to sell more Gunpla, then they succeed. I know what I'll be getting with my next check.

9/10 Lets hope the sequel is just as good, if not better.
Oct 15, 2014 11:26 AM

Sep 2009
I just recently finshed the series and while i was dissapointed by gundam age, this one is suuper enjoyable and while it may be a diffenrent kind (all gundam shows in the past were all about war) , this has it's own enjoyability, especially us gundam lovers who want to play that game if this was made in real life
Oct 24, 2014 3:35 AM

Sep 2013
Ahhhh so good
Likable character and good ost
Dec 5, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2009
I admit, I picked this up solely because of the /ss/ fanbase but I ended up really liking this series. It didn't linger too long on explanations, the plot progressed concisely and dropped all the information it needed to to be satisfying and feel complete. The fights and the way the tournament played out were interesting, lots of good characters.
Dec 17, 2014 1:04 AM

Mar 2012
That ending though! Hyper Build Knuckle = Erupting Burning Finger of G Gundam! UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST MASTER GUNDAM!!! Damn I'm glad i changed my mind on this show, after rewatching 00, SEED, and Wing i just felt i had to watch this for some reason, and i don't regret it at all, this was literally the ultimate Gundam fanboy/fangirl show you could ever ask for. SECOND SEASON HERE I COME! :D

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 21, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2012
As a person who doesn't know jack about Gundams, I found this show insanely entertaining and simply exhilarating overall. The OSTs were beyond orgasmic for me and despite the some repetition, I was blown away by a lot of the battles; Sei/Reiji vs Fellini was definitely my favorite.

Onward to S2 now! ^^
Sep 30, 2015 6:57 PM
Aug 2013
I'm only sad because she won't win the competition?
Nov 7, 2015 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
That was a fun ride. I wasn't expecting Aila to follow Reiji.

It's a shame they decided to add the evil chairman. He tried his best to drag this show down. So much time was wasted on him and his plans. They should've just focused on the Gunpla players. Let us learn more about them.

7/10

I'm looking forward to Season 2.
Feb 3, 2016 1:12 PM

Feb 2010
The last 2 episodes were REALLY awful, they shouldn't have gotten all artistic with that crap, just a good battle with Tatsuya would be enough.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Apr 19, 2016 8:50 AM

Mar 2014
Determination , Passion and Imagination . All coming to Realization !!
The Final Battle of Gunpla Fighters !! MAN .. SURREAL . I LIKE IT .
Once again , EPIC-NESS OVERFLOWS !!! I'm lost in words !! AMAZING .
I don't want to be overly dramatic but this is so unexpectedly AWESOME .
PERFECT EPISODE ~ !!! What an ENDING <3 . But this is not truly the END ~ .

"The End is just the Beginning." With all the cliche lines that I could think of , This quote is simple fitting for me . No matter how much fun and exhilarating a series there will also be an ending . DAKEDO , The ending is only part of a WHOLE SERIES . Meaning , There will be also another one because , WE ENJOY IT . GBF have ignited my fire within me . That holds a special meaning for me . For the first time , I've watched a Gundam Series . Surely , I will not be just satisfied with just a part of a whole !! I will have my flight on the whole too !!
I want to give my earnest gratitude on GBF for the opportunity to experience such a spectacular but typical mecha plotline , With exceptional Animation and Sound Effects (OSTs) . Solid 10/10 for me <3 . Season 2 , Ikimasu !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2017 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Build Strike getting hit as soon as it launched.
Chairman was a thief and snuck into the palace then he met Say...I mean Baker.
Yes, prolong the fight when you could have just ended it cliche.
Dat 1st OP insert song.
RG...DOUBLE...KNUCKURU!!!
They won!
Sebas-chan.
Dat ending.

And that was the end. A good series. The battles were good, but I couldn't take the battles seriously since no one was inside the robot meaning no one dies. Without that weight, it's just a different feeling.

Rinko lived up to expectations. What a Milf. Aila best girl.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 13, 2018 6:03 AM

Nov 2016
had a fun run, but for some strange reason i watched try before the original. left me somewhat wondering how plavsky particle works. meh ill just say its magic and continue.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Dec 23, 2019 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
And, the series ends with a lesson in tropes, a lesson in unity through shots of characters doing absurdly big moves, and a vague disaster that needed to be stopped. Everyone unites after getting sucked into the VR world somehow, fight tons of weird Zakus, and destroy a crystal. This episode really made me question how power levels are determined in this game, as a Gouf destroyed like an entire fleet of mobile suits within seconds.

The actual story here was just okay. The alternate world was never explored beyond glimpses leading us to a cliffhanger presumably for next season. I did like the final Sei/Reiji battle and seeing Sei's new confidence. Overall though, what started as a surprisingly interesting series fell dramatically short for me.
Apr 7, 2020 12:08 PM

May 2015
What a way to end the series, with a bang!

Absolutely incredible how they kept throwing battles after battles with amazing action scenes each episode. Despite being somewhat formulaic and predictable because of MC power it was a very well written story. Every fight always conveyed a good message, not in an annoying way but something that makes it feel just right. And the final seemed suitable too.

Very nice and likable cast of characters, everyone has their reasons and not just introduced to be defeated and be done with. There are also cute romantic hints that make you root for the pair but nothing too much distracting.

Some bits were a bit wacky or cliche, but overall enjoyed this anime very much!
Mar 22, 2021 7:24 PM

Sep 2011
How the hell was this series better than a good chunk of the franchise?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

46 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

32 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2014

63 by Yoggix »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:53 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

44 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.