Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hozuki's Coolheadedness
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2014 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked the first half of the episode how Beelzebub got owned by the balls. Lol at Hatataku and Lilith exchanging each other emails at their first met.

The second half of Hatataku got drunk was alright.

It seemed like there is one more episode left by looking at the PV.
Mar 27, 2014 10:50 PM

Dec 2012
yeah one more episode left and I loved this one it was so funny
Mar 28, 2014 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
good lord there'll be more Hoozuki no Reitetsu goodness next week!
awww Shiro will be in next week's episode along with purplish red-haired loli (so cuteeee)

AZAZEEELLL ahahahah aww man! young Hoozuki is so cute with a bun hairdo lmaoo
the part where Yellow Emperor discovered Hakutaku is actually informative, I learned a lot!

ahahaha Daji and Lady Lilith combination is so loool dangerous women ahead! and aahhh Lord Satan, revert to your past appearance as Lucifer, much more bishie wwwww
Mar 28, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
Aww yess man another episode next week! I was so sad it was over but we've still got one more episode left :3

I liked this episode a lot, poor poor Hakutaku though, he always seems to get the shortest straw whenever he's with Hoozuki :( I really like them together though, the episodes where they both appear are the best. I wonder if they'll do something special for the final episode next week?
Mar 28, 2014 4:13 PM

May 2011
Lol, vampire tour, always brilliant. And yes, I have to feel sorry for Beelzebub but how amazing Hoozuki remains. Hakutaku being captured was amazing in an entirely different way though! Consider me absolutely unsurprised at Hoozuki being involved in that fall. I love how they have all lived for so long but there are still things they learn.
Mar 28, 2014 8:26 PM
Sep 2007
Is that book that Hakutaku force to draw for yellow emperor real? What is it called?
Mar 28, 2014 9:39 PM

May 2009
Starch said:
Is that book that Hakutaku force to draw for yellow emperor real? What is it called?

Hakutaku Zu or Hakutaku Diagram, also known as Bai Ze Tu in China.

It doesn't exist anymore, but pages of it still remain, so yes, it's real.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2014 1:11 AM

Mar 2014
Starch said:

In reality?
It is called "Bái Zé Tú"(白泽图 or 白澤圖) in China and "HakutakuZu"(白澤図) in Japan, but no longer exists.
For that matter, The Yellow Emperor was the legendary emperor that was the first founder of China.
In other words, that book was also legendary.
Mar 29, 2014 2:01 AM

Aug 2008
uh wrong thread
guess i'll have to comment here as well
i love seeing those 2 guys together
so that is his real shape...
of course it had to be hozuki xD
The spider is watching
Mar 29, 2014 3:41 PM

Mar 2008
I like how the goats name is Scape.

The more I see this show the more I like it. Was originally gonna rate it a 5 or 6 but closer to 7 maybe 8 now.
Mar 30, 2014 6:00 AM

Jan 2011
I will really miss this show.
I really loved the second half. Hoozuki and Hakutaku always seem like sibling to me. I love how they are always in conflict.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Mar 31, 2014 9:49 PM

Jan 2013
Another funny episode, not my favorite
Apr 3, 2014 5:53 AM

Nov 2007
LOL~ so they have met even before that time.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 8, 2014 4:17 PM

Jun 2012
Heh... I can never tell if they're actually good friends or not. I guess that makes them the best kind of rivals.

Every episode ends with some hilarious one-liners it seems like (or at least episode 11 and 12 did, didn't really pay attention until now)... but "you lose again" was the best part. xD
Apr 10, 2014 5:58 PM
Mar 2010
AO968 said:
Starch said:

Hakutaku Zu or Hakutaku Diagram, also known as Bai Ze Tu in China.

It doesn't exist anymore, but pages of it still remain, so yes, it's real.
dmrch said:
Starch said:

In reality?
It is called "Bái Zé Tú"(白泽图 or 白澤圖) in China and "HakutakuZu"(白澤図) in Japan, but no longer exists.
For that matter, The Yellow Emperor was the legendary emperor that was the first founder of China.
In other words, that book was also legendary.

Unless my script reading is off, anyone else notice the cover of the book is "The Illustrated Night Parade of a Hundred Demons" 画図百鬼夜行, but is supposed to be "Bái Zé Tú"(白泽图 or 白澤圖) in China and "HakutakuZu"(白澤図) in Japan, instead?

Is the same error in the manga?
Apr 11, 2014 5:07 AM

Mar 2014
saber0091 said:
Unless my script reading is off, anyone else notice the cover of the book is "The Illustrated Night Parade of a Hundred Demons" 画図百鬼夜行, but is supposed to be "Bái Zé Tú"(白泽图 or 白澤圖) in China and "HakutakuZu"(白澤図) in Japan, instead?

I guess it was not error. (I don't read the manga)

At first, Momotarou, Hoozuki and Hakutaku talked about "The Illustrated Night Parade of a Hundred Demons" (画図百鬼夜行) and the author Toriyama Sekien in the shop. Hakutaku blamed Toriyama not to draw him well. At this time, the cover of the book was shown.

And then Hakutaku told that "The Illustrated Night Parade of a Hundred Demons" was based on "Hakutakuzu". Moreover, he talked about meeting with the Yellow Emperor and his reminiscence began.
Apr 11, 2014 5:46 AM
Mar 2010
dmrch said:
saber0091 said:

I guess it was not error. (I don't read the manga)

At first, Momotarou, Hoozuki and Hakutaku talked about "The Illustrated Night Parade of a Hundred Demons" (画図百鬼夜行) and the author Toriyama Sekien in the shop. Hakutaku blamed Toriyama not to draw him well. At this time, the cover of the book was shown.

And then Hakutaku told that "The Illustrated Night Parade of a Hundred Demons" was based on "Hakutakuzu". Moreover, he talked about meeting with the Yellow Emperor and his reminiscence began.

I'll have to double check the script, but I believe you are exactly right and that does explain my confusion.

The hakutaku picture seems to be actually from Konjaku Hyakki Shūi (今昔百鬼拾遺, "Supplement to The Hundred Demons from the Present and the Past"), the third book of Japanese artist Toriyama Sekien's Gazu Hyakki Yagyō series
saber0091Apr 11, 2014 5:51 AM
Apr 11, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2011
LOL another funny episode. I feel real bad for Beelzebub, his woman is playing with other men. Lmao, Hakutaku and Hoozuki met long before they became rival.

Edit:
Barion-Zara said:

"I have no interest in committing adultery with a married woman so I took upon myself to introduce her to someone who does"

LOLOL Like a boss.

P.S. I didn't realize there was a Azazel reference in this episode until I read the comments and went back to check.
ToG25thBaamApr 11, 2014 9:10 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 11, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
saber0091 said:
The hakutaku picture seems to be actually from Konjaku Hyakki Shūi (今昔百鬼拾遺, "Supplement to The Hundred Demons from the Present and the Past"), the third book of Japanese artist Toriyama Sekien's Gazu Hyakki Yagyō series

I checked it again. You are completely right.
The picture was from Konjaku Hyakki Shūi, volume Ame (今昔百鬼拾遺 雨), while the cover of the book was Gazu Hyakki Yagyō, volume You (画図百鬼夜行 前篇陽). Those are in same Gazu Hyakki Yagyō series, but those are the different books strictly.

I was surprised at your deep knowledge and I respect you.
Apr 14, 2014 1:41 PM
Mar 2012
Lilith was cool, but it's a little annoying how they portray all Western demons as useless.

The bunnies making medicine are so cute! And the panda when Hakutaku fell down.
May 3, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, let's see what the last episode has to offer us!
Jun 16, 2014 5:26 AM
May 2012
Poor Beelzebub ahahaha. He is always getting owned by Hoozuki, and his wife plays around with lots of boys ahahaha.
Awesome history of Hoozuki and Hakutaku's friendship ahahaha.
Jun 24, 2014 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
Lol Hakutaku & Lilith
Hmm... Poor Beelzebub or must I say Lucky Beelzebub (for masochist xD)

Lol...
Hoozuki : 2
Hakutaku : -1 (Captured by emperor)
xD
Rayl1ghtJun 25, 2014 5:19 AM
"Signature removed"
Sep 17, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2008
I find Hoozuki adorable despite his character. The way he kept playing with the rabbit when Hakutaku was telling his story was just soooo cute, I kept on replaying those parts. & young Hoozuki is the cutest, especially when riding on top of a panda <3
Dec 2, 2014 10:14 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Hoozuki vs Hakutaku always makes for some great entertainment. ^^ I laughed really hard when Lilith and Hakutaku bonded super easily upon meeting.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Dec 15, 2014 2:49 AM
May 2009
AnimeFan500 said:
Hoozuki and Hatataku forever rivals !!!

New episode next week or season 2 preview??!!

It just felt like Gintoki and Zura. But more stoic.
Feb 28, 2015 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
Daily life in hell Japanese brings us to dig in the memories of Hoozuki, and in those of Hakutaku also we meet Lilith although not too thorough.
Narration is not very different from the usual pace enthrals and dialogues a little less difficult to understand.
Drawings and animations of good quality.
Overall it's nice watching this episode.
May 20, 2015 9:44 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
This finale also made me realize that playing sports with Hoozuki is dangerous as hell. Ouch.
Not sports, but ball sports
Tengai said:
Awesome history of Hoozuki and Hakutaku's friendship ahahaha.
lol are they even count as 'friends'??
Mar 31, 2017 1:16 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm...not my favorite episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 22, 2017 8:00 AM

Jan 2017
So much fun. I laughed my ass off with this episode.

5/5
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 16, 2017 7:27 PM

Dec 2015
I don't think there's a woman alive (or dead) that can seduce Hoozuki.

Hakutaku now had another reason to hate Hoozuki lmao.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 9, 2018 8:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Lilith loves the men/demons!!!! kekeke
May 16, 2019 6:57 AM

May 2016
Beelzebub might've ended up with a hot wife but marrying someone who's role consists of being the primordial seductress of man, he should've been prepared to get some hits to his ego with all the NTR he'll be getting. He was surpassed by Hozuki in every way lul

Hakutaku and Hozuki actually go way back and he was actually the reason why the Chinese have such a detailed record of all Oriental supernatural beasts in their land~

Oct 24, 2021 6:38 PM

Jan 2021
Just one more episode left.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

75 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

38 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:39 AM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2014

54 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2014

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 11, 2023 2:27 PM

» Is the first episode a good sample for the whole serie?

TetsuoXIII - Aug 30, 2019

3 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Jul 22, 2023 4:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.