Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Cooperation = real power? Hmm...

And we meet Hagoromo this chapter too according to Naruto along with some descriptions of his family members.
Stark700Mar 25, 2014 11:37 PM
Mar 25, 2014 11:35 PM
Dec 2012
Why is this shit so predictable?
Mar 25, 2014 11:41 PM

Sep 2013
Seriously Naruto couldn't be anymore Stupid! their beginning interaction was hilarious!!! Loved this Chap.

Rikudo's history should be interesting.
Kazi9Mar 25, 2014 11:47 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2014 11:44 PM

Jan 2009
holy shit there are 2 sage of the six paths, i wonder if we will learn about the other one and lol at naruto being some reincarnation
Mar 25, 2014 11:48 PM

May 2010
Naruto being a reincarnation kinda just killed it for me. but we shall see how this plays out.

Naruto was already great, now he is a reincarnation too? why do i get the feelin' they are Ichigo Bleaching us. Hope not.. OTL

Interesting chapter tho. o:
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 25, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2013
Why is Naruto taking a turn for the religious?

Not that I necessarily mind it, this old man seems interesting and so does Naruto's background. Just wondering how a manga about ninjas got to this point...
Aug 2011
What a surprise... Except for the other sage of six paths it was something that everybody called. Now why does this remind me of Harry Potter where harry meets dumbledore in Kings crossesque place? except of course dumbledore had a lot to explain while i can't see any point of hagormaa appearing except to grant some miraculous power to overcome the OP madara...

Sep 2013
Pandarenboy said:

Can you explain how it is predictable?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2014 11:50 PM
Dec 2012
j0x said:
holy shit there are 2 sage of the six paths, i wonder if we will learn about the other one and lol at naruto being some reincarnation
That's why they call Hiruzen the god of the shinobi world but yeah the another sage came out of nowhere and it's just waiting for a flashback. Also Narutos personality is so inconsistent it makes no sense to me for him to have MPD disorder.

I didn't want to believe is but the fruit of the shinju will most likely appear now. This isn't ending anytime soon so I guess it's time to just kick back and stop waiting.
Mar 25, 2014 11:55 PM

Jul 2013
So Naruto finally meets him..
HAHA their conversation at the beginning
Naruto reminds Hagoromo of his son Ashura huh..
Eh? Kaguya had two sons? Interesting.
Want to know about his family members.
Mar 25, 2014 11:56 PM

Jul 2013
Everyone got it wrong when they said Naruto was the reincarnation of the Sage, when he was actually the reincarnation of the younger son (close though).

Sasuke is probably the reincarnation of the elder son most likely.

Two Sage of Six Paths? Sucks to be the other one, he didn't really get much credit for it.

I really like the lore surrounding the God Tree, Sage of Six Paths' family, etc.

Curious about that panel with a Susanoo and something else that looks like Naruto's Bijuu Mode, hopefully they'll go into a bit more depth with that (always wondered why Naruto's Bijuu transformation was different to the others').

I feel like comedy/pointless dialogue took up too much of this chapter, but I liked the other stuff.

4/5.

kevin_video said:
So Naruto and Sasuke are reincarnated brothers? I can believe it. Doubt Sasuke will accept it though.

Never really thought of it like that, that's pretty awesome. I wonder if Hashirama and Madara were also reincarnated versions of the sons of the Sage?
MinagatachiMar 26, 2014 12:06 AM
Mar 25, 2014 11:57 PM
Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
Everyone got it wrong when they said Naruto was the reincarnation of the Sage, when he was actually the reincarnation of the younger son (close though). Explains why his Nine Tails mode looks so different to the other transformations. Sasuke is probably the reincarnation of the elder son most likely. Two Sage of Six Paths? Sucks to be the other one, he didn't really get much credit for it. I really like the lore surrounding the God Tree, Sage of Six Paths' family, etc.

I really like the idea that Sasuke is the other Reincarnation of the bad brother would kinda make sense because a long time the manga was about the battle between Naruto and Sasuke. Maybe they just can win against Madera together and then finally the 2 Reincarnations are happy or sasuke(second Reincarnations) comes to the Conclusion that working together is really better.

My Meaning about this chapter:
Zero Content in this Chap, they talk like the half of the chap about the way Hagoromo shut speak, and dont know i feel like this is escalating way to much, Naruto started as outsider, and now he is the reincarnation of the saver of the world 0o

Really disliked this Chapter
DQAMar 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Mar 25, 2014 11:58 PM
Jul 2012
decent chapter naruto was funny this chapter during his conversation.
Mar 26, 2014 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
Naruto will inherit the Ninshuu a technique better than Ninjutsu i bet
Mar 26, 2014 12:01 AM

Jan 2008
So Naruto and Sasuke are reincarnated brothers? I can believe it. Doubt Sasuke will accept it though.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 26, 2014 12:04 AM

Jul 2007
Naruro and sasuke our brothers? Talk bout a twist and a revelation.

I kind of expected something like this to take place, this finally gives leverage to our two Main characters and the possibility of them surpassing madara. At least its better then naruto some how gaining some other power from the other half of the kyubii, ugh! If naruto gets a another power up, i could care less, as long as its his own or the reincarnation of ashura, what ever not the damn nine tails form any more.

Anyways its cool to see kishimoto give more of an identity behind the hermit of the six paths. Very informative chapter.

Mar 26, 2014 12:09 AM

Nov 2011
Kishimoto logic strikes again.
Mar 26, 2014 12:10 AM
Jan 2012
The power of friendship!
Mar 26, 2014 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
Naruto meets the Sage of the Six Paths and is the reincarnation of Ashura.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 26, 2014 12:19 AM

Apr 2008
Kaguya ate the most OP devil fruit of all.

Naruto, meets SO6P, *call's him an idiot and an alien*
#NarutoLogic
Mar 26, 2014 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
really good chapter!
Mar 26, 2014 12:29 AM
Dec 2013
YES THANK YOU !

this is the moment I have been waiting for years, we now know naruto is a reincarnation of the sage`s son, and sasuke 99% the reincarnation of the other.. what this means is , that their fate is to fight, please let all our wishes come true where we can see a Naruto x Sasuke fight, to end this manga somehow!
Mar 26, 2014 12:30 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty interesting chapter, only beef was that it was placed right in the middle of Gai's fight.

I swear more and more characters are being added to draw parallels between Naruto and Sasuke
Mar 26, 2014 12:40 AM

Feb 2008
Pandarenboy said:

because this was the only logical outcome. it was also foreshadowed when he learned the biijus' names.
Mar 26, 2014 12:45 AM

Dec 2009
To much talk.. a first few pages is boring as hell.
Mar 26, 2014 12:48 AM
Dec 2013
kisami said:
Pandarenboy said:

because this was the only logical outcome. it was also foreshadowed when he learned the biijus' names.
silly shounen logic
Mar 26, 2014 12:49 AM

Jan 2013
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse... it did.
Mar 26, 2014 12:51 AM
Dec 2013
Minagatachi said:
Everyone got it wrong when they said Naruto was the reincarnation of the Sage, when he was actually the reincarnation of the younger son (close though).

Sasuke is probably the reincarnation of the elder son most likely.

Two Sage of Six Paths? Sucks to be the other one, he didn't really get much credit for it.

I really like the lore surrounding the God Tree, Sage of Six Paths' family, etc.

Curious about that panel with a Susanoo and something else that looks like Naruto's Bijuu Mode, hopefully they'll go into a bit more depth with that (always wondered why Naruto's Bijuu transformation was different to the others').

I feel like comedy/pointless dialogue took up too much of this chapter, but I liked the other stuff.

4/5.

kevin_video said:
??? ever since it was mentioned how the other brother had the eyes and other the body people knew this? if this translation is correct then naruto CAN get the rinnegan...
Never really thought of it like that, that's pretty awesome. I wonder if Hashirama and Madara were also reincarnated versions of the sons of the Sage?
Mar 26, 2014 12:52 AM

Nov 2012
the talk with hagoromo at the early pages felt so bland and boring for me, the comedy just didn't work that much,
and then we've got another bros, wait, what happened to hagoromo brother ??? he said "sealed it inside of us", does it mean hagoromo only has the half part of juubi ??
just like kyuubi's yin and yang ?
well this surely needs some explanation from kishi....
Mar 26, 2014 1:04 AM

Mar 2014
Good chapter.
Kinda annoyed me when the sage said that his mother came from a "faraway" place. So the sage is a being thats not human?
Really want to know who the sages brother is though (Looks similar to madara)
Mar 26, 2014 1:06 AM

Jul 2007
domoarigato12 said:
Kaguya ate the most OP devil fruit of all.

Naruto, meets SO6P, *call's him an idiot and an alien*
#NarutoLogic

Why do people keep thinking this is a parallel of one piece. You know the story of Adam and Eve, you should read it some time. This is a biblical reference.

Mar 26, 2014 1:07 AM

Jul 2013
ranzero said:
the talk with hagoromo at the early pages felt so bland and boring for me, the comedy just didn't work that much,
and then we've got another bros, wait, what happened to hagoromo brother ??? he said "sealed it inside of us", does it mean hagoromo only has the half part of juubi ??

Give Madara the other half plz, dude needs more power-ups.
Mar 26, 2014 1:12 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah i don't think madara could compare to ashara, suddenly naruto has an excuse to ascend beyond any one.

I kind of predicated this scenario, im just glad he does not have to rely on the nine tails any more.

Mar 26, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
Minagatachi said:
ranzero said:

Give Madara the other half plz, dude needs more power-ups.

Just when you thought he couldn't possibly get any more OP... though I get a feeling that if anyone gets the other half it'd be naruto lol
But yeah, we finally meet the sage himself. about time
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 26, 2014 1:18 AM

Sep 2013
Damn. Is Kishi a sucker for Indian mythology or what? Because all that shit sooooo stolen from some of those religious crap from holy books of hindus.

Well, maybe stolen is a strong word. Atleast it appears like he's trying to pay homage to those books by riddling the manga with so much references, albeit some of them being inverse, in a way.
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Mar 26, 2014 1:26 AM
Aug 2010
Did anybody else notice that Kagura Ootsotsuki might be the oni from the Shiki Fujin jutsu? They have a similiar appearance and the people even called her a demon back then. This is just a theory I caught on the first glimpse so don't roast me because of that. :P
Mar 26, 2014 1:30 AM

Jan 2013
Wtf?? I don't even...
Mar 26, 2014 1:33 AM
Mar 2014
wtf was that, I'm curious about the sages brother, and i also want to know what that form of the sages son was, this chapter could have ended better.
Mar 26, 2014 1:47 AM

Oct 2013
WTF? Hagoromos brother was a Jinchūriki too?
Mar 26, 2014 1:50 AM

Apr 2012
Well, we finally have a face to go with the name.

Now I'm interested in Kaguya, "she was strong.. stronger than anyone else" - seriously, how strong can the fruit of the Shinju make you?

link9us said:
Why do people keep thinking this is a parallel of one piece. You know the story of Adam and Eve, you should read it some time. This is a biblical reference.
You know that old book? The Bible?

That's a huge collection of references too so the manga could be referencing a lot of other things.

EDIT: called it.

Aloxamax on Chapter 667 said:
Another interesting thing is how Kishimoto stresses the importance of cooperation. Madara right now is the one who's the closest to being the Sage's equal. He has the Rinnegan and the Juubi's power.

-snip-

He's practically setting everything up so it's Naruto and Sasuke who defeat Madara.
It's too early to tell whether I got the specifics right or not but I had the right keyword - "cooperation".
AloxamaxMar 26, 2014 1:57 AM
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Mar 26, 2014 1:52 AM

Aug 2011
Nice chap. Kishi did a good work, after badass Guy chapters, to make "talking chapter" interesting. First part of chapter was quite hilarious, for moments like those I regret, that I can't read japanese, since I am sure a lot was lost in translation. Hagoromo's backstory was interesting, and it slightly differs from what we've known so far. Well, history is written by winners, so what we knew about Rikudo Sennin wasn't necessary true (It was even hinted by himself as he stated that he founded ninshuu not ninjutsu).
Only thing I am puzzeled is Indra's eyes, because it should've been spirals:
http://i.imgur.com/C7sPprN.jpg
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120623022041/naruto/images/thumb/d/dc/Uchiha_Ancestor_Anime.jpg/300px-Uchiha_Ancestor_Anime.jpg
Maybe drawing mistake, who knows...
Since the war started ( man, looking back it's already 3 years :O ) I didn't enjoy this manga (with some exeptions) as I did back in past stages. But from the fight with Jubito and especialy Madara reviving, I enjoy every chapter.
Mar 26, 2014 1:54 AM

Jul 2013
Aequalitas said:
Did anybody else notice that Kagura Ootsotsuki might be the oni from the Shiki Fujin jutsu? They have a similiar appearance and the people even called her a demon back then. This is just a theory I caught on the first glimpse so don't roast me because of that. :P

Interesting theory
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 26, 2014 2:30 AM
Oct 2013
I love Naruto, am so glad that he is his self again
this chapter was something a... yeah was kinda interesting but seriously i had a wtf look on my face the whole time
Mar 26, 2014 2:36 AM
Dec 2013
GEEZ That was crazy
2 sages
the younger re incarnated into Naruto and the older into Sasuke?
so it makes sense when the sage said the war kept going on because before Sasuke & Naruto, the re-incarnated ones for the brothers was Hashirama & Madara.

Love Naruto so much , calls the SO6P a alien and idiot, everyone else would either shit themselves or worship him

5/5
Mar 26, 2014 2:38 AM

Aug 2011
Meh, good chapter overall.
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Mar 26, 2014 2:39 AM

Aug 2011
Aequalitas said:

Damn nice theory!
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Mar 26, 2014 2:45 AM
Oct 2012
Aequalitas said:

I like it, there were many masks at that temple so she could very well be one of them!
Mar 26, 2014 2:50 AM

Apr 2012
luizfelps said:
I disagree, I think is more likely that Madara is the reincarnation, because as the Hermit said: his elder son thought that everything comes from power, or in his case the stronger. And Sasuke don't think like that anymore, he wants to become the Hokage, while Madara wants to control everything by power.
Sasuke does actually think like that. The reason why Sasuke wants to be Hokage is to get rid of the old Shinobi system and put a new one in place - whether others approve of the system or not is irrelevant.

Hagoromo said:
Indra, since his birth, had powerful eyes and battle sense. He was called a genius. He did everything on his own and understood that his power was special and different than other people's. He also realized that power could make anything come true.
That description fits Sasuke just as well as it did Indra.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Mar 26, 2014 3:01 AM
Jul 2013
i don't care much for the religious references, but, hogoromo does claim calling him an alien is not wrong thereby hinting that kaguya is an alien.
Mar 26, 2014 3:10 AM

May 2013
Hagoromo has a brother?! The 10 tails was sealed inside Hagoromo and his brother?! Didn't see that coming. I wonder who is the brother. A myestery. So basically, Hagoromo's mother, Kaguya, is more powerful than him. The names of the two sons of Hagoromo are Indra and Ashura. Ninjutsu was originally from the word ninshuu. Naruto is the reincarnation of the youngest son, Ashura. I wonder who the reincarnation of Indra is. But it looks like its Sasuke.

There were so many secrets brought to light in this chapter. Oh and Hagoromo's face was truly unexpected. I was led to believe that he had the same looks as Naruto. Great chapter! I like it! 5/5
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.