Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2009 8:15 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked this much better than the first episode. That was one beast of a tank!
May 3, 2010 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
stAtic91 said:

yeah it was way much better because of that pretty intense tank battle. I think Major Sonnen was the only one who could bring out the true potential of the YMT-05 Hildolfr anyway.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 18, 2012 8:43 AM

Apr 2008
Probably the best ep out of Hidden One Year war!

*Salutes for Hildolfr* That was awesome! Sonnen made a tank battle great. I think you could only watch that kind of potential in 08thMS team?
May 3, 2013 10:28 AM

Jun 2012
Amazing battle sequence. But it looks like the tank won't be mass produced, since I haven't seen one of them in other Gundam series.

Too bad the pilot died, he seemed to be a nice guy
Jul 16, 2013 2:05 AM

Mar 2012
That was one badass tank, when it changed form it reminded me of Armored Core. Pretty interesting story and an awesome fight.
Apr 21, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
yeah this series pretty much exsists for the sole purpose of showing action scenes. some of its entertaining but honestly i find this all really dull in the end because of how lacking in the writing department it is.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 1, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah this episode was paced alot better, the previous episode focus on the entirety of the 1 year war, which just would no way be able to fit into one episode, so it kind of felt extremely rushed.

This episode had improved pacing and that tank is one mean machine.

Mar 30, 2015 5:11 PM

Nov 2014
Not quite as special as the first ep but still pretty good.

What was up with the drugs though? nobody even seemed to care that the test pilot for a expensive piece of military hardware was doped up.
May 20, 2015 4:04 PM

Feb 2015
Better than the first episode.

I liked the tank sequence it was kewl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2015 7:50 PM

Apr 2012
The HIdolfr is awesome.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 20, 2016 4:28 AM

Dec 2015
Bubcus993 said:
What was up with the drugs though? nobody even seemed to care that the test pilot for a expensive piece of military hardware was doped up.

Same interrogation. On the opposite hand, it goes well with the impression of "disposability" the first episode already vehiculed about this testing team.

There is some tentative for emotions but exactly like Zeon I could not care less about the characters here (maybe this "sense of disposability" is too well done). Not a fan of (mecha) action but once again, the action scene is the only thing who kept me entertained.
Jul 25, 2016 6:02 PM

May 2012
Action wise it was pretty good, but the CGI still really really bothers me... that ending though!
Dec 11, 2016 12:09 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A experimental Zeon tank, Hildolfr, with a tragic ends for himself and his pilot on the Earth, days affert the first combat, 0079 U.C., 05 of May on the Earth!!!

This episode show the cruelty of the war, where the soldiers and armament are send the battlefield only for testes!!!
Aug 1, 2017 11:30 PM
Jul 2017
stAtic91 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Yes, much better than first. Tank sequence was especially exciting, although the Zakus didn't look that great in the sunlight. Compared with Ep1 where they were in space and looked good. Can't tell if I do or do not like this animation. Hard to say.

Down with the rebel scum! er Federation scum!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War Episode 3 Discussion

shakeyourpup45 - Aug 18, 2012

14 by bmw830 »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War Episode 1 Discussion

ballistique - Mar 17, 2009

25 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 8, 2023 4:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.