Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2012 8:47 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This ep is about Zudah's legacy!

It's interesting to see the Feddies as "bad guys". Now they take the same role as the Zeon did in the original gundam. Appearance wise, voice wise, and personality wise, the Feddies are displayed as less "heroic like" compared to before.

Who are behind those impudent broadcasts? L-O-L.

And one thing I don't like: Shooting evacuees and medics! They were attacking the capsules! BAD BAD!
shakeyourpup45Aug 18, 2012 8:51 AM
May 4, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2012
shakeyourpup45 said:

It's interesting to see the Feddies as "bad guys". Now they take the same role as the Zeon did in the original gundam. Appearance wise, voice wise, and personality wise, the Feddies are displayed as less "heroic like" compared to before.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. It's nice to see things from another angle, and know that are good people in the Zeon side. Of course we know they are the villains, but I really like them now, diiferently from the original series.

It's sad to see Zudah didn't het his chance, since he didn't appear in any other Gundam series.

It's curious how in every episode, there were three abandoned projects, and in the three of them their pilots died.
May 4, 2013 10:02 AM

Apr 2008
MS IGLOO, I'd say, is quite famous for death ^_^
Apr 26, 2014 2:03 PM

Sep 2011
this was a very underwhelming series in the end, it was nothing more than a hour and a half of empty fight scenes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 1, 2014 2:16 AM

Jul 2007
JizzyHitler said:
this was a very underwhelming series in the end, it was nothing more than a hour and a half of empty fight scenes

Yeah i kind of agree. It has some value in regarding s to action and filmography, but it was lacking sorely in writing and development.

Jun 28, 2015 9:20 AM

Jun 2012
This was great. It gave a lot of background info on the one year war. At first it seemed like the zeons were overpowering the federation but as soon as they made their own mobile suits the zeons didnt stand a chance. And I remember that M'Quve said that zeon had enough resources to continue the war for 10 more years if need be but in the last ep the person lieutenant May was reporting to said it was the opposite, they were running out of resources and supplies. If the Zudah actually was perfected im sure it would have been able to blow the gms away. And I loved how they made the gundam seem like a monster in the little clip near the beginning.
Nov 16, 2015 3:58 AM
Oct 2010
This was a very sad series.
Each time narrator got assigned to unfortunate people who remained committed their duty despite knowing they will fail at the end , which includes the very nation they are fighting for.

This makes them tragic heroes but the end the same time federation soldiers are shown as "villains" , making things black and white for the sake of romanticism.

It should be pointed out that the OVA does potray the off screen high command as the bureaucratic force messing with Experimental unit 603.

Now see what other Igloo series are .
Jan 21, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2015
shakeyourpup45 said:
one thing I don't like: Shooting evacuees and medics! They were attacking the capsules! BAD BAD!

Same problem. I did not imagine the Federation sending units to slaughter the escaped remnants of Zeon Eart invasion forces. At the same time, I liked that the episode shows this scene of the battle of Odessa's aftermath.

Again, except for the mecha action and those little glimpses of the events we alread know, it was pretty boring (I am not a big fan of pure mecha action, there has to be something else). From the beginning to the end, I noticed their dramatic uselessness but it failed to move me. The worst was probably the CGI faces: during this episode close-ups I thought I was glad it was the end because I could not stand them anymore...
... Then I noticed the sequels -_-

Overall: good action, interesting short scenes linked to the war I experienced in Gundam (movies, manga), uninteresting personal stories, very wrong character faces. 6/10 because I enjoyed the war bits.
Rei_IIIJan 21, 2016 8:25 AM
Jul 25, 2016 6:26 PM

May 2012
Action wise this was great, and in general it wasn't bad but the overall CGI really ruined this for me! Oh well only 6 more episodes with this CGI crap till I can get to the next story in this franchise!
Dec 11, 2016 12:43 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Zeon, anther tested and another failure, is this time a new MObile Suit :( And another, the humans, the people, are cattle!!!

3 greats ovas, very realistcs, but a lot of failures, but the queestion is, do you enjoy it? Yes, the animation is older, but enjoy with this ovas :)

8/10.
Aug 2, 2017 12:06 AM
Jul 2017
Data, you get the data? Data must be compiled for the compilation of data compilations.

Loved the EFSF propaganda video. Funny how the captain believed the video about Zudah being junk as Odessa information was true. Guess that commander did die for the truth of history, which was

Those ball squads were devastating. Guess they are not affected by Earth's gravity like human souls are.

Get the data yet?

@Amuro_Char Maybe the 603 was actually a federation hit squad to take out Zeon prototypes! But yeah 0/3 isn't good. ;)
Jul 11, 2021 9:47 PM
Nov 2018
cool episode about zudah. overall the stories in ms igloo are pretty cool. visuals didn't age well, but i think it looks pretty good based on 2004 standards
Dec 20, 2021 2:24 PM

Oct 2013
Cool! Seeing the propaganda boroadcasts from both sides was really interesting. Action scenes were spectacular as usual and the plot, albeit very simple, was engaging. I'm really liking MS Igloo.
Jun 27, 2023 9:23 PM
Apr 2023
this is the hardest ive laughed in a long time
Dec 14, 2023 3:04 PM
Apr 2012
Well, this OVA series was much better than it had any right to be. I really enjoyed it all, the separate stories, the characters, the battles and the humour. And the soundtrack! Strange how even the currently old CGI animation of this OVA felt better than many modern CGI series. The characters were quite expressive and there was no uncanny valley.

The episode managed to make me sad about the rookie pilot that died in the test. The series in general carries the human emotions. The plot twist about Zudah was interesting. Also, this must be first time I ever rooted for Zeon forces lol

8/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War Episode 1 Discussion

ballistique - Mar 17, 2009

25 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 8, 2023 4:53 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War Episode 2 Discussion

stAtic91 - Aug 29, 2009

13 by laughterjones »»
Aug 1, 2017 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.