Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2014 5:45 AM

Sep 2008
So next ep we're gonna see the biggest asshole of the race...
Mar 4, 2014 6:20 AM

Mar 2008
Sourire said:
ChronousNemesis said:
This feels like a filler episode just like last week, since it strays away from the MC story and this focuses on Kinjou's build-up for Inter-High.
Hopefully all these filler episodes are over. I can't wait for next episode, as the title seems promising :)
it's canon content.. and this episode is probably better than most of the episodes yet.
Exactly. I haven't been too impressed with Pedal so far, but this episode was damned good.

Some people just don't understand GUTS and FEELING.
Mar 4, 2014 7:46 AM
Jan 2011
Aw, c'mon Kinjou, didn't you realize that Fukutomi cheated when he grab hold of your jersey?

If that happen to me I'd be beating the crap outta him.
Mar 4, 2014 3:59 PM
Jul 2013
Amazing story.
Mar 4, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2012
Nice race between the two, too bad about the crash. Nice past story, but really looking forward to resuming the current.

Mar 5, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
Probably my favorite episode of the series so far.
Great backstory.
Mar 5, 2014 5:14 PM

Nov 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Keep with it for 21 episodes, but really haven't enjoyed it since they started the training camp. Time to move on.

Cheerio!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Mar 6, 2014 5:03 AM

Feb 2012
Daaaayum! Dirty play, dirty play!! I wanna kill that yellow haired guy. If I were Kinjou that time he stood up after the fall, I would give the yellow haired guy the death look stair and flip him off!! Daaaayum!! They could've won!!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 11, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2008
Ckan said:
Sourire said:
ChronousNemesis said:
This feels like a filler episode just like last week, since it strays away from the MC story and this focuses on Kinjou's build-up for Inter-High.
Hopefully all these filler episodes are over. I can't wait for next episode, as the title seems promising :)
it's canon content.. and this episode is probably better than most of the episodes yet.
Exactly. I haven't been too impressed with Pedal so far, but this episode was damned good.

Some people just don't understand GUTS and FEELING.

Personally i liked it more cause is so nice seeing mature characters like Kinjou instead of people like our main guy that has really gotten tiring with his childish behavior and over-reacting expressions of panic and enthusiasm.

Nasty001 said:
Aw, c'mon Kinjou, didn't you realize that Fukutomi cheated when he grab hold of your jersey?

He didn't cheat, he destroyed his own race too. He simply acted foolishly out of panic.
And yes Kinjou realized what happened, if you can't realize that you are beyond even realizing why he said what he said.
Hearing all of you acting up on how angry he must be with the blond dude is why i sometimes hate anime forums because they are full with immature selfish teenage kids.
MonadMar 11, 2014 9:54 AM
Mar 17, 2014 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode. Very emotional
Jun 23, 2014 2:50 AM

Apr 2013
Very cool episode. Kinjou is such a hero, it seems Fukutomi was honestly very sorry for what he did. As long as he doesn't react like that again in the future I'll forgive him
Sep 19, 2014 7:39 PM

Jun 2011
Lol @ the final segment, the conversation between the other guy from Hakone and Maki-chan, that guy is still in his "my pace" thing. The episode itself is rather meh, but by the end of it I could understand Kinjou's motivation better, so it's all fine. I am not feeling the captain of Hakone yet.

Edit: The captain of Hakone had some God complex, "He caught up with me, the (great) ME?"
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 9, 2014 8:30 PM

Mar 2008
Read the manga before attempting the anime and even though I was prepared for Kinjou's backstory and all that drama, I still can't bring myself to like or even forgive Fukutomi... especially after the results of the inter-high. Ugh
eternaltortureOct 9, 2014 8:35 PM
May 13, 2015 10:56 PM

Nov 2014
Loved Kinjou even more, last year's race story was really great.
Good luck team.
Sep 19, 2015 6:11 PM
Dec 2009
It never ceases to amaze me how buff and huge the third years are. I can't imagine the first years getting that big, haha.
Sep 24, 2015 2:51 AM

Jun 2009
Lararin said:
It never ceases to amaze me how buff and huge the third years are. I can't imagine the first years getting that big, haha.

Whack Jap genetics.
Mar 23, 2016 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
Kinjou is awesome. I hated the blonde dude at first but I can see he's actually a good guy, he didn't mean for that to happen. If he were truly a jerk, he'd run away, deny what happened or ignore what happened entirely. He actually went to their school to apologize. He's a swell guy.
臭い-
Aug 25, 2016 1:22 PM

Feb 2016
"He caught up with me, the (great) ME?"
Grab the fucker first , apologise later .
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Mar 12, 2017 7:42 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was beyond amazing... one of my favorites. it really showed the awesomeness of senpais, Kinjou in particular. And i'm certain that inter high is fucking savage. you have like no breaks, and in this hot weather too? DAaamn.
So Fukutomi doesn't see any challenge in this? is this too easy for him? wow. having your father already accomplish the win in inter high and doing 1000 kms in 2 days must be rought :( I feel for him, that's tough. Kinjou was with the face like wtf are you talking about, inter-high is the hardest thing ever :P
I kinda understand Fukutomi, it was in the spun of the moment, he never lost the race, so him pulling Kinjou kinda happened. but still really feel bad for Kinjou there falling like this T_T and after everything they did too, they trained so hard for this and to lose this way... I loved Tadokoro reaction, so frustrated even to the point of punching the wall. And that punch was well deserving from him. At least Fukutomi apologized later, respect to him for that, he seemed very regretful for his action at least. even came with buns to apologize, now Todokoro sees him as a good person :D
That seemed like a very good relationship/development for them. He won't think of himself as strong if he cant beat Kinjou in a fair fight.

But what inspired/surprised me the most is Kinjou's actions, first his resolve. He is so devoted. even if his body is torn apart he will still ride and win for his team that trusts in him, he is an ace after all, he has responsibility not to disappoint the hopes of his team. Whether you are beaten or can't move anymore you still need to move. I'll try to feel this way too when someone has high hopes for me.
And another part where he is amazing is when they asked him what happened to him, he didn't say that it was because someone pulled him. no. he said he wasn't strong enough, mad respect to him... i would totally tell the truth and blame it on him to make me feel better, that's how most people act, but not him. he blames the fact that he wasn't strong enough. And saying it's no point of blaming Fukimoto, since what happened is in the past and he will become stronger for Inter high with the strongest team.

I'm rooting for him now even more, and Onoda and the rest feel even more hyped now.
Anyway honestly think that the Inter high is super impossible with the way its been shown, i guess it would make Onoda snap over and over. "so this is Inter-high"
Jun 5, 2019 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
The emotions really got into me this episode, had me crying so early in the morning. Fukutomi was a bitch for real, dude was choking hella hard and had to resort to intentionally hurting Kinjou. Man, the frustration the Sohoku team felt was so palpable. Fukutomi and Kinjou both grew a lot from this experience, I can't wait to see them battle it out again. Can't wait to see how everyone matches up, and can't forget about Midousuji. :o
Sep 16, 2019 9:28 PM

Sep 2018
That guy who grab the jersey of Kinjou is desperate already! He wants to win badly that's why he do that.. he should be sport..

but atleast he say sorry sincerely at the end.
Mar 2, 2021 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
Glad that we got this backstory. Kinjou is the man.

That was a shitty move of Fukutomi, but I can't dislike him, considering his backround and the fact that he really regretted it later. A straight dude as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2021 4:57 AM

Jun 2015
This is a really good episode.

Jul 25, 2021 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
Poor Kinjou that was a horrendous fall that luckily didn't ended up causing a permanent injury or led to his death. An apology really is the least thing Fukutomi could do at the time of the race, at least explain it to the race organisers with the risk of a ban.

Jan 3, 2023 8:05 AM
Dec 2022
It was wild, I mean, knowing the story of the previous Inter-high was really interesting. And it is obvious that this year Inter-high will be crazy. I'm superb excited to it being started.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.