Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 21, 2009 6:21 PM

Jul 2009
Finally One of my long awaited fights is happening
Aug 21, 2009 8:50 PM
Mar 2009
One of the best episodes of Shippuden I have seen thus far. I like how Deidara started off as confident and then began to get agitated; it shows the depth of his hatred for the Sharingan and I suppose those who wield it. The ending was pretty cool as well; Sasuke made a sort of whimper and instead of being all coolio, made a very scared face like he was shitting himself. Tobi provided comedy relief, as usual.

The animation was top notch, as I expected from the preview. The only thing I didn't really like about this episode was the placement of the music, I feel they could have made this episode that much more better if they included some of their best music. The only one I noticed was at the end after Deidara's flashback but other than everything was bland. Good episode though, 4/5.
Aug 21, 2009 10:17 PM

Jun 2008
FINALLY, an episode that was paced pretty good, this episode corresponds with chapters 357, 358, and 359 of the manga, that's pretty good since most of the time Naruto is usually really slow paced.

Anyways, no one should fear for fillers any time soon, we are still 100 Chapters behind.
Aug 21, 2009 11:14 PM

Jul 2009
At least Sasuke noticed that Tobi is not just a clown and he has got something serious in his guts, while he slashed Tobi and he rose again.

I liked this episode. Action and pace has came back to normal or probably stronger.
Just wonder how much white explosive-clay can be made of a little clay!
Aug 22, 2009 2:20 AM

Jun 2009
I loved it!! this fight is so good... and Deidara (my favorite character) is just too awesome :D...I hope the next episode will be great too...even though i know i'll be sad at the end u_u
Aug 22, 2009 6:02 AM
Nov 2007
at first I thought what the hell is wrong with Sasuke's face, it was way too different from the last episode and too creepy, then I guess the animation got better... well I realized how much I missed fight scenes in Naruto and episode was great...
Aug 22, 2009 6:48 AM

Apr 2008
For the sake of these couple episodes, I'm happy Deidara didn't die yet , this is pretty darn awesome !
Aug 22, 2009 7:01 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
joshi said:
hated the animation
wtf is wrong with you?

best episode of Naruto: Shippuuden in a long time. I really hate this show in the fact that not all episodes are made like this. don't they have a crapload of money from the naruto franchise!? why not spend it on good animation!?

lol at 'Pop is dead' --reminded me of a Radiohead song.

Those white creature's heads and eyes sure reminded me of the creatures from Princess Mononoke

thanks for reminding me why i'm still watching this show!!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Aug 22, 2009 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
I wish all Shippuuden eps would be animated like this. I love this style of animation for the series.

This was a such a great episode and did the manga justice. The music scene when Itachi had Deidara in the geijutsu was perfect. I loved it!
Aug 22, 2009 10:00 AM

Apr 2009
pretty damn awesome!
Aug 22, 2009 10:37 AM

May 2009
Amazing fight, nonstop action and they didn't dwell on any of the techniques. I was so pumped that I needed to catch my breath at the end.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Aug 22, 2009 3:04 PM

Jan 2009
Gradation said:
So...has anyone noticed that Shippuden's animation has been getting crappier and crappier?
YES! its been pissing me off but this weeks animation was good just like ep 85
Aug 22, 2009 4:01 PM
Apr 2009
Animation sucks? are you guys serious. They hired a good animator for this one that has set part in a lot of great series. Ryo, and another one. Great animation TBH, especially if you've seen the last 60 Episodes of naruto.

I loved it, I watch every naruto ep even though the quality sucks, so it does me joy when I see an animation where the quality doesn't suck.

Plus its sasuke in a match. But yea, he is kinda using a lot of powers from others :

For example Itachi as far as I Know has done it with his own strength.. While sasuke's strenght is basiclly, Kakashi that thought him chidori (ok he could have learned this by himself) The sword he got from orichimaru, the moves/body he got from orichimaru, the curse seal he got from orichimaru

I mean.. It feels kinda unfair seeing him win in a way, as he borrowed so many powers and things to do so :

But awesome ep. Sucks I know a lot of spoilers about Tobi. I'm not saying btw.
And damn, Sasuka's expression was epic. Good to know he can be impressed by something lol.
SsjbryandoOct 18, 2010 7:54 PM
Aug 22, 2009 4:14 PM

Sep 2007
Hahaha, Deidara and Tobi are great, I love them as a pair!
This fight is one of the best of the manga, and I totally want to watch the conclusion animated *///*
Sasuke is so cool~ ♥

Aug 22, 2009 6:29 PM

May 2009
heh, what happened to 'Sasugay' and 'emo-Sasuke' now huh? Guess people change their minds quick:p
Aug 22, 2009 7:20 PM

Mar 2009
lol this is such a good fight.
and with that C4 Deidara has, that whole entire forest is going to be blown up. o_O
4/5.

Aug 22, 2009 9:08 PM

Jun 2008
Ssjbryando said:
Animation sucks? are you guys serious. They hired a good animator for this one that has set part in a lot of great series. Ryo, and another one. Great animation TBH, especially if you've seen the last 60 Episodes of naruto.

I loved it, I watch every naruto ep even though the quality sucks, so it does me joy when I see an animation where the quality doesn't suck.

PsychFreak said:

The animation was top notch, as I expected from the preview.

Blind people. They are everywhere.
Aug 22, 2009 11:00 PM
Mar 2009
Monad said:
Ssjbryando said:

PsychFreak said:

The animation was top notch, as I expected from the preview.

Blind people. They are everywhere.

Um, that's more like shitty art. The team who did this are the best animators for fluid movement.
Aug 22, 2009 11:57 PM

Jun 2009
wow, when's the last time i've seen a substitution jutsu with the log lol!
stupid sauske, didn't think diedara would be a problem for him but he got whooped why didn't he just use genjutsu in the first place.
the sword thing was cool though
Aug 23, 2009 8:07 AM

Oct 2008
Naruleach said:

best episode of Naruto: Shippuuden in a long time. I really hate this show in the fact that not all episodes are made like this. don't they have a crapload of money from the naruto franchise!? why not spend it on good animation!?

The thing is whenever a decision that involves managing money is done, it's done with good reasons behind it. It's not that studio Pierrot wants to screw fans over for doing half-assed animations, it's just that they can't afford to make good ones. Any sort of animated series is expensive to make, especially if it involves tidious, traditional drawings on thousands of dollars worth of traditional paper per episode.

Compared to American animators who I think have a $30,000-40,000 yearly salary, Japanese animators have about a 1-2 million yen salary, which in U.S currency roughly equals $10,000-20,000. Short answer: No, they don't have a crapload of money.

Though in this case, I may be wrong, but I think studio Pierrot had enough money to I guess recruit Norio Matsumoto and Noriyuke Matsutake to do the animations in the latest episode, just as how they pulled through with certain earlier episodes in the Naruto franchise.
Aug 23, 2009 5:17 PM

Apr 2008
Go Sasuke! ^_^
Aug 23, 2009 5:34 PM

May 2009
Sasuke fighting has generally been entertaining :D
Aug 23, 2009 9:05 PM
Apr 2009
You're right, japanese animators don't earn that much at all, while their 10x better then the americans. And by seeing how famous Naruto is, I think they should be able ot hire more good animators more often \:

The thing I'm worried about for the next episode, is that it won't be half as well animated as this one. I doubt there gonna have the same team work on the next one, even though the next one might become a big episode as well.

\: By looking at the preview that is
Aug 23, 2009 11:53 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Ssjbryando said:
You're right, japanese animators don't earn that much at all, while their 10x better then the americans. And by seeing how famous Naruto is, I think they should be able ot hire more good animators more often :

The thing I'm worried about for the next episode, is that it won't be half as well animated as this one. I doubt there gonna have the same team work on the next one, even though the next one might become a big episode as well.

: By looking at the preview that is
I also agree that Japanese animators don't get paid as much as they deserve and that they get paid way less than American animators do, but Naruto isn't just a regular anime, it's the biggest most famous international anime. This is why i think they must have a larger than normal budget to make the anime but the art sure doesn't show it.

As for next episode's art, I think the good art will continue until the fight is over. it's going to be sad when it ends. I'll be like this

-________________-
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Aug 24, 2009 1:20 AM

Jun 2008
Naruleach said:
Ssjbryando said:
You're right, japanese animators don't earn that much at all, while their 10x better then the americans. And by seeing how famous Naruto is, I think they should be able ot hire more good animators more often :

I also agree that Japanese animators don't get paid as much as they deserve and that they get paid way less than American animators do, but Naruto isn't just a regular anime, it's the biggest most famous international anime. This is why i think they must have a larger than normal budget to make the anime but the art sure doesn't show it.

As for next episode's art, I think the good art will continue until the fight is over. it's going to be sad when it ends. I'll be like this

-________________-

Are you shitting me? What good art. Didn't you see the picture i post.
Only blind people will think that this episode had good art.
If that was good art then all the other current anime should be consider a special eye candy.
MonadAug 24, 2009 5:02 PM
Aug 24, 2009 6:24 AM
Apr 2009
Monad said:
Naruleach said:
Ssjbryando said:

-________________-

Are you shitting me? What good art. Didn't you see the picture i post.
Only blind people with thing that this episode had good art.
If that was good art then all the other current anime should be consider a special eye candy.

It didn't have good art no. It had very high quality animation though. The dudes don't specialize in art, plus it seems harder to draw in high quality with those movements, but idk.

But, episode 85 had a good team as well, but episode 86 I think? It continued, but the animation was way less (the normal team) so I don't think this one is gonna have a good team. I hope so though.

And stop watching Naruto if you found this episode suck, cause it was the best one in a whillle
Aug 24, 2009 8:53 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Naruleach said:
Ssjbryando said:

As for next episode's art, I think the good art animation will continue until the fight is over. it's going to be sad when it ends. I'll be like this

-________________-
Ssjbryando said:
And stop watching Naruto if you found this episode suck, cause it was the best one in a whillle
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Aug 26, 2009 5:51 PM

Feb 2009
Eh, maybe it's my slowly deteriorating like for Sasuke that made me not enjoy this episode as much as most people. I just think he is so favorited. >->

BUT ANYWAY, I couldn't enjoy it as much because I read the manga and it's always obvious anyway that a character like Sasuke or Naruto will not die in big battles. So I've lost the element of surprise when they own people.

Although, I honestly can't wait for the animation of Sasuke vs Itatchi.
o genki desu ka
Aug 26, 2009 7:02 PM

Oct 2008
chidoricori said:
BUT ANYWAY, I couldn't enjoy it as much because I read the manga and it's always obvious anyway that a character like Sasuke or Naruto will not die in big battles. So I've lost the element of surprise when they own people.

Well practically any anime adaptation that follows exactly according to the manga it adapts from is is bound to lose the element of suprise. I'm actually one of those people who appreciate a plot in the anime that's different from the manga as long as it balances out the "filler content" involved.
Aug 28, 2009 4:32 PM

Jul 2008
deidera is awesome! explosive art is the best!!!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 28, 2009 10:28 PM

May 2008
lol Deidara's fights always seems kinda slow

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 5, 2009 5:08 AM

Oct 2008
The art wasn't that good O.o
Especially Deidara seemed really..weird.
But the ep was ok. It was nice to see the part where Deidara joined the Akatsuki.
Sep 13, 2009 9:07 PM

Dec 2008
Good fighting scenes, Tobi is funny as hell and Sasuke's face towards the end... priceless. The animation looked different, good but different. The style reminded me of the the epic fight between Naruto and Sasuke at the waterfall.
Oct 4, 2009 4:44 AM

Mar 2009
That was awesome.

Oct 12, 2009 10:02 AM
Apr 2009
Btw can anyone tell me what that fight is in the OP song? Is that the movie? It has insane quality, but 12 eps later nothing about it
Oct 21, 2009 11:31 AM
Dec 2007
Ahh Tobi continues to amuse. A good comic relief character, it will be all the more amusing when we see whatever his true powers are.

I also noticed the similarity between his clay monsters and the ones from Princess Monoke. But Sasuke certainly did a number on him a few times in that battle - next episode should be good!

4/5
Nov 21, 2009 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
Really, really great episode! WHY! WHY, can't every episode look like this! The animation was superb!
Jun 19, 2010 6:05 AM

Oct 2008
Tobi is such a crack up. xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 20, 2010 8:25 PM

May 2009
Good episode! But I don't like what's coming
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 25, 2010 9:59 AM

Mar 2010
sasuke needs more power

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 2, 2010 6:42 PM

Nov 2009
If Naruto constantly had this divine animation with a little better art, this show would be considered an elite anime.
Feb 24, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
LOL, go tobi! you have the right idea by running away, haha.
Feb 15, 2012 6:03 AM

Feb 2012
LOL XD oh my god Tobi was so funny in this episode. Every time Tobi thought Deidara was dead he'd be mourning over him, then deidara would appear saying "SHUT UP TOBI!" and Tobi would be like "Deidara... you're still... alive...??" XD
I'm a Mangaka in training watch me as i make my way to the top!!

Wanted: A sensei to teach me and push me in the right direction for being a mangaka
Mar 3, 2012 9:40 PM

May 2011
this fight not too bad, still kinda slow tho, but i liked it
Jun 21, 2013 9:59 AM

Jun 2012
giant explosive Deidara, hm! Art is a blast, hm
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Sep 17, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
Okay, the fight between Sasuke and Deidara was nice, but Tobi made this episode epic. x'D
Mar 3, 2014 1:40 PM
Apr 2011
The hatred for the sharingan from Deidara was done well. I found myself also delving into those deep eyes with contempt.

Sasuke is a genius so I wasn't surprised that he still has his witty sense of fighting infused with his witty verbal comebacks.

Tobi is hilarious.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Mar 16, 2014 4:24 AM

Jun 2009
Haha, Tobi is pretty funny. Got to wonder how the guy ended up with Akatsuki, he doesn't seem to possess anything that the organization could. Yet, he is probably around for more than comedy relief. At least I hope so.

Pretty decent fight so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2014 3:10 AM

Mar 2014
Tobi is hilarious lol.

And I loved the part about Deidara joining the Akatsuki. But that's probably because I love Itachi haha
Aug 29, 2014 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
The more I see someone using genjutsu, the more I find it is utterly over-powered...
BAHAHAHAHAHA Tobi is sooo funny XD.
Deidara's last bomb was awesome. I want one too D:
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 246 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Rayyy - Jan 26, 2012

134 by Lukas_AAW »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

215 by Lukas_AAW »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Knave - Aug 26, 2010

192 by Lukas_AAW »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 18, 2007

64 by Lukas_AAW »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ArtimesGamer - May 8, 2014

109 by Lukas_AAW »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.