Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2009 3:30 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
predictable but fun, think I would have enjoyed it more if I could have found something other than the dub though.

wonder if she put the spiral on her umbrella so she'd have a portable magic circle or if I'm giving her too much credit.

think the club will probably have more applicants now ;)
assuming the government doesn't kidnap them all of course.
Aug 22, 2010 6:48 AM

Feb 2010
It would be more enjoyable with original sound, I bet. I liked the voicing very much, especialy Sae and Aburatsubo's cooing with Takeo :D I doubt english dub will have even a half of the original's charms, given the usual quality of it...
Anyway, that is a great ending and it is open. It's good they decided to film a continuation. I hope it is as cute and funny as the OVA. Much potential yet in this story to explore.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Nov 24, 2010 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
I've watched this series with original audio and then checked some dubbed parts to have comparison, and it seems that - as always - japanese track is better than dub... but Miyama laugh is much more irritating in the original version and the only character's laugh it can be compared, is Naga The Serpent from Slayers OAVs and movies...

Anyway - nice show with some crazy characters and simple plot. 8/10 :)
Aug 6, 2013 2:35 AM

Mar 2010
This show had a lot of charm.

I was really drawn into the characters, and even though it so sugary sweet I totally ate up all of it's believe in yourself attitude!

Also, that part where they rode on people was pretty cool.
MyLonesomeCowboyAug 6, 2013 2:46 AM
Dec 21, 2016 7:54 AM
Jun 2013
really enjoyed the ova and final episode. The human broom part was funny and this dude even snuk a kiss at the end credits lol. Now off to see the tv series.
Nov 25, 2019 5:14 PM

Aug 2015
I would totally ride Aburatsubo like a broom, best girl right there

overall, kinda dumb but enjoyable for the characters

I feel like trigger was taking some notes when making Little Witch Academia - in the way both Sae and Akko can't fly
Mar 27, 2021 11:08 PM

Jan 2010
Okay, Sae screwing up her magic spiral and having to draw up the side of the school building was pretty amusing. Mizuha upset that she wasn't abducted and felt upstaged by Sae was pretty funny too. Also, using each other as broomsticks to fly is actually pretty smart, if not absurdly goofy. Granted, that matches the tone of the show, so it works.

Magic User's Club is surprisingly charming. It's weird, but that's on par for the genre of anime. I definitely got more out of this than I expected.
Apr 27, 2021 7:59 PM

Jun 2014
That "spiral" that Sae drew on the school grounds may have influenced the Haruhi creators, lol.

The "human broom" bit was certainly entertaining. Aburatsubo certainly enjoyed being "ridden," lol.

The "blooper reel" for the dub at the end of the DVD was hilarious. Mike Pollock was hilarious, especially when he parodied the Casey Kasem "Dog Dedication Tape" bit! :P

This was a great OVA. I'll be watching the TV series very soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai Tai! OVA Episode 4 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Aug 6, 2013

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 24, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai Tai! OVA Episode 3 Discussion

Yoshidayama - Nov 26, 2014

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai Tai! OVA Episode 2 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Aug 4, 2013

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai Tai! OVA Episode 1 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Aug 4, 2013

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai Tai! OVA Episode 5 Discussion

Yoshidayama - Nov 28, 2014

5 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 27, 2021 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.