Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 10, 2020 12:58 PM
Aug 2018
Gator said:
There were so many plotholes in this movie, I don't even know where to start. Koukuto is an idiot... "Nobody dserves to die"? What the fuck, how ignorant can you be. If Shiki had just killed that blonde dude when she had the chance to, he wouldn't have lost an eye, Shiki wouldn't have lost an eye and that gross salliva scene wouldn't have happened either... And now that she did kill him he doesn't really give a shit either way? Would've saved a lot of time and suffering if you just said so before, asshole... he really should've died there. How could that blonde dude even think that he killed him if he just hit his eye anyway, so dumb lol. At least animation and sountrack was good again.

Completely agree, the entire 2 hour snore fest could have ended so easily if Shiki just kicked his ass when she had the chance. What a disappointing finale.
Apr 23, 2020 9:12 PM
Sep 2017
Goddamn, this movie was a emotional ride. Idk what to say.
That ending definitely hitted my kororo.

Shiki and Mikiya are great couple.

Score: 10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2020 11:32 PM

Dec 2009
I'm a little satisfied with the end's mystery of the deaths finally being revealed along with Shiki accepting herself and her love for Mikiya but I don't feel fulfilled with the remaining lack of context to how Souren exactly plotted all of this ... because Shiki was unusual before her origin was brought out, which I'm not sure when.

I'm still left with countless questions without knowing the true depths from the novel.
Jun 26, 2020 2:51 PM

Apr 2018
8/10 Beautiful movie. This one is probably my favourite out of all movies becuz of good character focus on male leads that ending scene was wholesome
That saliva scene was disgusting though.
Overall I am not impressed by this whole series in terms of writing I mean it was perfect in term of animation, soundtracks and every other technical aspect to make anime but there were certain things which felt unnecessary to me. I felt like this whole drama Shiki is "bloodthirsty Killer" and then not killing anyone for the guy was meh and it didn't give me a satisfying conclusion like how in monogatari it was also out of order but at the end I feel so satisfied at the last ep becuz they conclude everything so brilliantly and for me Idk why but I don't feel that feeling in this show
Sep 10, 2020 2:07 AM

Sep 2017
Mikiya is kinda useless MC.

Nothing explained about Souren Araya.

Not so good conclusion story. Lots of unconnected stuff.

KnK movies are good at exploring characters, but not the story.(I could say that for nasuverse)

Need to check out the LN if the same pattern persists.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 10, 2020 1:32 PM

Aug 2018
Feels like a lot of missed potential imo. Coulda gone full Berserk and killed off Mikiya putting Shiki at her lowest point, where not only she killed someone but also her man is dead and explore from there.
Sep 10, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2016
ERMAHGERD1920 said:
Feels like a lot of missed potential imo. Coulda gone full Berserk and killed off Mikiya putting Shiki at her lowest point, where not only she killed someone but also her man is dead and explore from there.

Well, the book same as the movie wasnt written as a battle shounen so yeah.
Sep 10, 2020 1:48 PM

Aug 2018
Swagernator said:
ERMAHGERD1920 said:

Well, the book same as the movie wasnt written as a battle shounen so yeah.

Exploring how a character would move on after losing everything they had and is a sign of battle shounen how?
Sep 15, 2020 9:01 PM
Aug 2018
kokutou is the most retarded character in KNK.. his senpai who want to kill him and this retard doesn't want to kill senpai by his girlfriend.. the same case he protect a rapist from a victim.. i hate this guy totally.
bakayarou konoyarou
Sep 23, 2020 11:06 PM

May 2020
Well I found it boring at this part. Story is weird and what is with guy kissing. 6/10
Feb 18, 2021 2:05 AM

May 2020
Very nice movie, but it's still far from the best part IMO which is the fifth one
Feb 22, 2021 12:53 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I guess that drug wasn’t as lethal as that Rio had claimed?

The truth that Shiki wasn’t behind those gruesome murders didn’t fully click with me until after I read the wiki page of Rio. This whole time we’ve seen Shiki kill things and we were fed with SHIKI being associated with murder so that “Aha” moment didn’t spark inside my head. And nothing was really done about disapproving the fact that Shiki wasn’t the murderer until now so I thought we were at a period where Shiki was trying to live with what she’s thought to have done.
Apr 4, 2021 12:50 AM

Jul 2019
Kokutou wouldn't lose an eye if he wasn't such a naive person. I don't think we'll ever explore his character either. 7 movies and I still couldn't understand the origin of his ideals because what he's done is pathetic, an absolute psycho of a monster is killing everyone in town and he doesn't want Shiki to stop it? that's just deluded. He should know that he'll never be able to stop Shirazumi. He obviously failed and then went on to guilt trip Shiki. This being an earlier work of the same author who created another naive persona in Emiya Shirou for FSN just says it all really, I guess Nasu learned a lot from this work. None of these KNK movies are that amazing to me, it explores good ideas but the execution of the story and characters are just off sometimes. The plot either branch off from something trivial or too symbolic. There's no in between. All in all this is probably my 2nd favorite after the 5th movie despite the criticism I have for this.
Apr 5, 2021 3:16 AM
Nov 2018
leev said:
Kokutou wouldn't lose an eye if he wasn't such a naive person. I don't think we'll ever explore his character either. 7 movies and I still couldn't understand the origin of his ideals because what he's done is pathetic, an absolute psycho of a monster is killing everyone in town and he doesn't want Shiki to stop it? that's just deluded. He should know that he'll never be able to stop Shirazumi. He obviously failed and then went on to guilt trip Shiki. This being an earlier work of the same author who created another naive persona in Emiya Shirou for FSN just says it all really, I guess Nasu learned a lot from this work. None of these KNK movies are that amazing to me, it explores good ideas but the execution of the story and characters are just off sometimes. The plot either branch off from something trivial or too symbolic. There's no in between. All in all this is probably my 2nd favorite after the 5th movie despite the criticism I have for this.

Kokutou didn't go to stop Shirazumi.
Kokutou just want to save shiki.
The fact that Shiki lost never come to his mind.
I think It is so clear.
Kokutou is a very good person.
He believes that how he behaves is just normal things for human beings.
He doesn't care if It just a mere delusion or not.
He said that Because Humans think that humans are degenerate so It is normal for humans to commit sins Because Everyone has done it.
But It is just an excuse.
So he continues to do what he believes Being someone that "Normal" in his concept.
Kokutou loves Shiki
That is all.
It is just that pure.
I don't know Is it that much of culture crash things.
Because for me, It is very impressive.
Love, at first sight, is a very real thing here.
John_Smith_MALJun 30, 2021 12:25 AM
Apr 30, 2021 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
I'm impressed by the high score.

Sure, the animation is Ufotable, but man the plot is a mess!

That was the worst antagonist I've need in a while. No personality just a crazy evil stalker copypasta.

Kokutou was worse than the usual useless. What is all that talk about "Shiki please don't kill anyone"? Wasn't she doing it all the series, and he was ok with it. She was basically employed by Touko for that job. Why is it an issue now, because the plot needs it to be?

What is with the unnecessary gore and fetishes? It's like they's nothing to show this movie so let's have Shiki be spit raped and Kokutou tongued to death with a drug (Marijuana overdose LUL). Why didn't that even kick in?

Why do that death fake-out? Didn't Shirazumi kill a bunch of people and here he does a sloppy job?

I see the thrill of the "he loves me no matter what monster I am", but it's not healthy as the movie tries to show. Either let killing be norm in that universe or don't show it being a moral issue.
Jun 27, 2021 7:47 AM
Feb 2017
I appreciate the movie 5 again, we can see what a masterpiece it was if we compare it with this shitload of a plot we've got in our hands as movie 7.
Jul 10, 2021 8:12 PM

Aug 2018
Whelp, that was the second time through this and I still didn’t connect with this. I did move the score from 4 to 5 as I did notice the phenomenal camera work and music.

I just don’t like Kukoto and I think he’s an egotistical idiot.
Jul 23, 2021 12:59 PM

May 2015
leev said:
Kokutou isn't really naïve. He didn't want Shiki to kill Leo for her sake. The movies say it over and over again that "To kill someone is to kill oneself". He genuinely believed Shiki wasn't a murderer from years ago and he was proven right so he wanted her to live without that impulse. Other people here also missed that he doesn't forgive Shiki at the end. He specifically says he'll be the one to see her when it's her time to die for what she did. KnK has a lot of Buddhist themes that are overlooked primarily because it's story elements are little convoluted.

jTiKey said:
I'm impressed by the high score.

Sure, the animation is Ufotable, but man the plot is a mess!

That was the worst antagonist I've need in a while. No personality just a crazy evil stalker copypasta.

Kokutou was worse than the usual useless. What is all that talk about "Shiki please don't kill anyone"? Wasn't she doing it all the series, and he was ok with it. She was basically employed by Touko for that job. Why is it an issue now, because the plot needs it to be?

What is with the unnecessary gore and fetishes? It's like they's nothing to show this movie so let's have Shiki be spit raped and Kokutou tongued to death with a drug (Marijuana overdose LUL). Why didn't that even kick in?

Why do that death fake-out? Didn't Shirazumi kill a bunch of people and here he does a sloppy job?

I see the thrill of the "he loves me no matter what monster I am", but it's not healthy as the movie tries to show. Either let killing be norm in that universe or don't show it being a moral issue.
Shiki didn't outright murder anyone in the series' besides Araya(and she even says that she doesn't consider it a killing because of what he was). Basically, when you kill someone, you sell away the peace you'd have of a typical afterlife.
EmblemzJul 23, 2021 1:11 PM

Jul 24, 2021 11:05 AM

Apr 2009
Emblemz said:
Shiki didn't outright murder anyone in the series' besides Araya(and she even says that she doesn't consider it a killing because of what he was). Basically, when you kill someone, you sell away the peace you'd have of a typical afterlife.

What about the murders when she was a teen?
Jul 24, 2021 2:26 PM

May 2015
jTiKey said:
Emblemz said:

What about the murders when she was a teen?
Those weren't her. This movie reveals those killings were Leo and he tried to frame it on Shiki out of a twisted sense of love. I think it was revealed midway when Kokutou and Leo are talking in his apartment.

Jan 7, 2022 8:37 AM

May 2020
Well this movie was same as the fifth one in terms of duration, and the level of gruesomeness too is something both of them share honors with.

The ending felt like it's the last one but I think there are two more too after this, but anyways this whole Shiki against SHIKI thing finally came to a rest. But honestly though Mikiya somewhat got me annoyed this time around with the way he was showing compassion to Rio. Look it’s one thing being morally correct when the time demands, but just spouting those things just for the sake of it will make yourself nothing more than a stupid.

But still all and all felt like a nice conclusion, and as usual fight scenes were in their prime, just what you'd expect from Ufotable. Also I almost forgot about that whole saliva scene, was gross dude...
8/10.

@Razorr_ well that certainly helped, so thanks.
Softhenic03Jan 7, 2022 11:15 AM
Jan 7, 2022 10:13 AM
Mar 2020
Softhenic03 said:
honestly though Mikiya somewhat got me annoyed this time around with the way he was showing compassion to Rio. Look it’s one thing being morally correct when the time demands, but just spouting those things just for the sake of it will make yourself nothing more than a stupid.

You missed the point, morality wasn't the main aspect. Have to rewatch this so I can't explain it nicely. I'll just drop an explanation of someone that know what he's talking about.

Feb 5, 2022 6:40 PM

Feb 2017
quite enjoyed this movie and the mystery with the murders from 3-4 years ago being cleared up. the more they try to convince watchers that the MC is the culprit, the more i know its not actually the MC. was way too obvious it wasn't her committing the murders. but yeah i thought something was fishy with the brown haired guy who walked past shiki at school in movie 2 - i went back to watch that part so many times because i was like 'who is this guy, he has to have some kind of significance'. kinda totally forgot about the post-credits scene last movie where he showed up as a cannibal and then my brain started working again when he was nomming down on that one guy in the alley during this movie.

okay but fr the climax & ending made me upset. firstly, the saliva scene was DESGUSTANG. jesus christ. secondly, mikiya- ://////// bruh okay so this man was stabbed in the leg, then had those really strong drugs (iirc, extra strong weed (lol)) shoved down his throat, then he was stabbed in what i thought was his head his eye. i thought he died and i was okay with it because i don't like his character. idk how this guy - with his hurt leg, a load of drugs in his system, 1 working eye, and no glasses - manages to not only survive, but is able to drag himself over to shiki. cmonnn man, whaaaat??? literally portrayed him as though he was on the brink of death and then actually died - which would have made sense. i'd've been more satisfied with him dying and shiki going on with her life without him. mikiya has been such an annoying character. i very much dislike him, especially after that stunt where he let a rapist go free. and then that overly dramatic scene at the end where they both are on the brink of death and he Literally has to talk like a character in a drama movie. i personally very much disliked that. idk, maybe when i rewatch the movies i'll come to understand and/or like his character more - but for now, nah.

enjoyable nonetheless. if a movie doesn't make me yawn 40 times in a row or make me continuously check how much time is left, then its an enjoyable movie by my standards.

placeholder text
Feb 7, 2022 8:12 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Nice visuals, nice animation, useless male MC, timeline jumbled up for no reason except to look cool, lengthy animation frames for no reason except to look cool, spewed a bunch of philosophical bullcrap as deep as a puddle, and that's about it.

As someone who loves mysteries and suspense, this series is a HUGE let down.

Animation - 9
Art - 7
music - 10
plot - 3
mystery - 1
suspense - 2
thriller - 5
characters - 1

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Feb 11, 2022 2:43 AM

May 2020
It's a testament to how gross the saliva scene is that the actual rape scene in the third movie wasn't even half as uncomfortable as what this movie showed. I am definitely gonna have nightmares about that one.

As for the movie as a whole, can't say I have a lot to say about it. I'm just not invested enough in these characters to care about Shiki's and Kokutou's relationship, which kind of drives this movie and I've never really cared about Shiki's supposed fixation with murder.

I should really read the light novels.
Feb 17, 2022 6:04 AM
May 2021
Well for me this is the second best part and I like the ending too.
Mar 15, 2022 12:27 PM

Feb 2021
I was actually gonna give this series a decent score if they killed off Kokutou but they had to give us the generic ending...fuck off
Mar 15, 2022 12:34 PM

Feb 2021
once again ufotable and type moon disappoint with their overrated content. 3/10 for the series cumulatively
CrackMar 15, 2022 12:52 PM
Mar 27, 2022 5:53 AM

Dec 2018
the amount of armchair moralizing that's already been explored throughout the series that's rehashed for another 2 hours with a ridiculous amount of melodrama is simply unbearable to watch. it was honestly painful and boring, and i was hoping for a better story to wrap things up because the rest of the series was good.
it was way too long and entirely unnecessary
way for a good series to go out on a wet fart
Mar 28, 2022 2:37 PM

Nov 2018
The absolute state of MAL and newbies to the series.

What a sad page of (mostly) recent comments I've found myself into.

Completely embarrasing, you bring /a/ as a collective of geniuses in comparasion. At least I saw somebody get it. Good enough I believe.
Jul 6, 2022 9:14 PM

Jun 2020
I love mikiya so much!! I guess there are a lot of people who didn't though?? I really liked both mikiya and shiki's characters throughout the series. These movies were really entertaining for me and I thought this one ended really nicely. I should really read the novel.
Aug 16, 2022 5:50 PM
Mar 2021
I couldn't understand the story completely, but it was very moving!
Apr 21, 2023 12:23 AM
Mar 2021
This was beautiful.
The way that they've weaved all the plot points into a single movie was incredible.

KnK is just a solid series, and it was worth it to finish this.
Jun 19, 2023 1:13 PM

Jul 2011
I think it would have been a better finale (well I suppose it's not quite a true final since they still made another sequel somehow after this) if they both died or if at least Mikiya died rather than the fake out after being mega poisoned and stabbed which was kinda lame. (and Shirazumi didn't notice as well)
Either make it less obvious he should be dead or bit the bullet and let him die, but there, it's kinda having the cake and eating it too.

Also I don't really think it should be called a mystery. It's pretty obvious that Shiki isn't the murderer this time and the past is just explained in flashback so it's not like you have to think about it.
And it's not that important, but I don't like that Araya is always behind every villains.
Jul 14, 2023 3:56 PM

Jan 2021
A beautiful end to a beautiful story. A happy ending like this does indeed a put a smile on my face cause I am a simple man. 

Miyaki is weak for not letting Shiki kill Senpai but by the end of the movie it did made some sense. He still had some humanity left in him but it was necessary to kill him and Shiki did the right thing. Man I wanted this movie to be a bit longer where they explained every single murder done by the Homicidal maniac but I guess we wont see it for now. 

Anyways I am satisfied with this. A worthy watch beyond the spectacular visuals and soundtrack. Movie 5 will still remain a masterpiece in direction and narration. 
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jul 16, 2023 8:26 AM

Nov 2010
I didn't like the pacing. The melodrama didn't appeal to me. However, that attempted r*pe on Shiki certainly woke me up! I would love to lick her all over and devour her too! I wish a hentai with such quality existed. It would make for great fapping material!

Not even a kiss at the end!? What a wasted moment. Mikiya is so lame! However, that scene of them walking through the Sakura tree grove was so sweet and magical.

This movie would've been an easy 9/10 if Mikiya had actually died.
An interesting twist is that Lio was the serial killer all this time, and Lio was Shiki's first actual kill. That was a surprise.
I love the ED. It sounds so melancholic!
Jul 27, 2023 6:45 AM
Aug 2021
so many emotional here
Feb 25, 10:33 AM

May 2021
2 hours long movie to end with an amazing finale
Slow start but the art makes up for it
Pretty basic crazy villain at first
Kokutou is the goat
A lot less action mainly drama
Karva1Feb 25, 11:28 AM
Inhales oxygen
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate all the KnK! (ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN ALL SEVEN!) ( 1 2 3 4 )

KaminaKai - Dec 13, 2009

187 by TierraRobada »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:53 AM

» Your thoughts on it all

FauxAzn - Jan 24, 2012

29 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 19, 2023 1:13 PM

» Opening music?

amade0 - Jul 13, 2010

9 by Ougi_00 »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:11 AM

» What order should I watch Kara no Kyoukai? ( 1 2 )

Snaita - Sep 23, 2012

67 by NekoZamurai »»
Dec 26, 2022 8:55 AM

» understanding kara no kyoukai movies symbolism

mcskops - Jul 14, 2015

6 by Zelot »»
Jul 14, 2015 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.