Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2010 5:19 PM

Feb 2009
Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet but at 1:44:05 Shiki has both thumbs when she's not supposed to.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2536/toomanythumbs.png
ಠ_ಠ
Jan 8, 2010 9:21 AM
May 2008
Great finale imo, and honestly it felt like the most simple and honest of all the KnK movies. Even a sweet happy ending, that was beautifully animated by the way.

I can definitely see this as being a series that I'll visit multiple times down the road.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 9, 2010 10:33 PM
Dec 2009
Holy shit, that was...really dark. Really enjoyable. Nice ending. I can't come up with a whole bunch of crap to write about it, but it was really good. Sorry for sounding so inarticulate. Anyway, as for score...I kind of want to give it a 10, but I can't for some reason.
rocketduckJan 9, 2010 10:36 PM
Jan 10, 2010 4:03 AM

Sep 2008
Hands down the best KnK movie ever.

Amazing.
Jan 16, 2010 5:11 AM

Jan 2008
I haven't played the Visual Novel so I was quite surprised at the happy ending considering Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. Surprised and happy and satisfied.

Straight 10s from me. I watched all seven movies in one sitting and the experience is hands down one of the best 9-10 hour marathons I've ever done. I wish I could add all seven movies to my favorites list but unfortunately we're only allowed five and I would consider it unfair to list just one.
Jan 28, 2010 4:41 PM
Jul 2009
You don't want to kill a serial killer. What do you do???
1. You let him almost kill you and your friend.
or
2. You kick the shit out of him and hand him over to the police.

Hard choice...

PS: don't remind me the Legend of Galactic Heroes. I dropped it after the first episodes... who the heck came up with those idiotic strategies???
Jan 28, 2010 5:47 PM

Sep 2008
manos300 said:
You don't want to kill a serial killer. What do you do???
1. You let him almost kill you and your friend.
or

Hard choice...

PS: don't remind me the Legend of Galactic Heroes. I dropped it after the first episodes... who the heck came up with those idiotic strategies???
Nobody cares.
Jan 28, 2010 11:19 PM
Jul 2009
5layer said:
Nobody cares.

Obviously I care. The ending was too childish and stupid... not even Familiar of Zero II, which is more childish than this one and the main male character didn't want to kill other people, had this kind of stupid ending.
Jan 29, 2010 10:07 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:

What if he eats himself out of jail?
Jan 29, 2010 11:05 AM
Jul 2009
Sobzob said:
manos300 said:

What if he eats himself out of jail?

So what??? It's better to beat him for a second time (she kicked the shit out of him 3 times!!!) rather than getting themselves killed.
Jan 29, 2010 11:36 AM

Mar 2007
What
Jan 29, 2010 12:03 PM
Jul 2009
She can kick the shit out of him and hand him over to the police for a second time.
Jan 30, 2010 10:47 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
She can kick the shit out of him and hand him over to the police for a second time.

But as you can see it doesn't work like that.

And what's she supposed to say? "Hey I cut off the arm of this guy, but he's the murderer so please arrest him"?
Jan 30, 2010 12:03 PM
Jul 2009
Killing someone in self-defense is not a murder. So yeah... you can cut off the arm of a serial killer when he tries to kill you without worrying about the law. That's common sense.

Furthermore Shiki should have killed him when he said that he was going to kill her friend. It wouldn't be the first time (Araya) and Kokuto haven't told her yet not to kill him. Of course then we would have a 1 hour movie instead of 2 hours movie. ;)
manos300Jan 30, 2010 12:50 PM
Jan 30, 2010 12:04 PM
Jul 2009
delete plz
manos300Jan 30, 2010 12:50 PM
Jan 30, 2010 2:52 PM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
Killing someone in self-defense is not a murder. So yeah... you can cut off the arm of a serial killer when he tries to kill you without worrying about the law. That's common sense.

No it's not. If you cut off the arm of someone and hands them over to the police, obviously there's going to be some heavy questioning. You're an idiot if you think that killing someone in self defense simply let's you get away. ( ´_ゝ`)
Either way, she wouldn't involve the police in this.

manos300 said:
Furthermore Shiki should have killed him when he said that he was going to kill her friend. It wouldn't be the first time (Araya) and Kokuto haven't told her yet not to kill him. Of course then we would have a 1 hour movie instead of 2 hours movie. ;)

You clearly missed the whole point of the movie and should watch it again.
Jan 30, 2010 3:33 PM
Jul 2009
The guy was covered with the blood of the murdered people, the murder weapon had his fingerprints and his stomach had pieces of human flesh! You don't need more evidence. On the other hand it is against the law to know information about a serial killer and not inform the police.

What's the point of the movie???
Jan 31, 2010 1:32 AM

Jun 2009
manos300 said:
What's the point of the movie???

Listen to what Mikia says about the killing of the guy, he had clearly described the reasons why Shiki wouldn't kill [anyone]. Also, Shiki's grandfather told her about that. Good luck.
Jan 31, 2010 1:49 AM
Jul 2009
What about Araya???
Jan 31, 2010 3:04 AM

Jun 2009
Maybe, magician is not considered as normal human being in case of all this moral stuff and reasons to choose the way of killing or not, etc. Though I can't answer you exactly, of course.
Jan 31, 2010 3:20 AM
Jul 2009
Lio wasn't a normal human.
Jan 31, 2010 3:50 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
What about Araya???

As BioMax said, a magus like Araya doesn't count. Touko clearly states that in the movie as well.

Lio hadn't completely lost himself to his origin yet.
Jan 31, 2010 4:14 AM

Jun 2009
Well, Mikia saw that Lio still had something: he haven't killed Mikia in the room and went away while he could control himself 'cause of Mikia's kindness, that's why Mikia wanted to save him.
Jan 31, 2010 4:23 AM
Jul 2009
Whatever... she could have damage his leg in order for her to escape... she could have anonymously tipped of the police about his identity (his arm was left on the crime scene!)... she could have done something... it's common sense. I can't teach you common sense. It was just stupid. It's that simple. You can't just stand there and die... that's freaking obvious...
Jan 31, 2010 5:12 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
Whatever... she could have damage his leg in order for her to escape... she could have anonymously tipped of the police about his identity (his arm was left on the crime scene!)... she could have done something... it's common sense. I can't teach you common sense. It was just stupid. It's that simple. You can't just stand there and die... that's freaking obvious...

When people lose their will to live, they usually want to die don't they?
Jan 31, 2010 5:19 AM
Jul 2009
Shiki didn't want Kokuto to die...
Jan 31, 2010 5:41 AM

Jun 2009
If you're trying to say that it's illogical, then I agree with you. But this movie (well, not only this -- a lot of them) is about message. All is seem to be logical when you're looking at work through the prism of the message, but illogical from common point of view. Well, for you it can be even stupid. Yes, she could escape or tell the police about the guy, but by doing so she would run away from herself, and it would not make any sense in the context of the message and the whole movie. What price are you ready to pay to remain human? I think, she paid the whole price. Human is more human when he is ready to sacrifice and does not depend not only on some material things, but even on his own principles... There's a term "zone of comfort" in psychology. The more you are ready to leave it behind, the more you are human. Shiki has passed through such humiliation with humility. I mean, even if she killed Lio then, now she doesn't depend so much as before and she can live as a normal human... and to love, despite the circumstances.

Damn, I just don't like to argue some ambiguous things, but it seems that I had to :) . You know, they say, "each has its own truth".
Jan 31, 2010 5:59 AM
Jul 2009
They could have showed us the message they wanted with a logical plot.
In the end she killed him... so why the heck did we wait??? Not to mention that she killed him for revenge and not to protect Kokuto or other people. Yeah... nice message... don't kill in order to protect yourselves... don't kill in order to protect others... kill for revenge. :p
Jan 31, 2010 6:42 AM

Jun 2009
manos300 said:
Yeah... nice message... don't kill in order to protect yourselves... don't kill in order to protect others... kill for revenge. :p

xD nah.
manos300 said:
In the end she killed him... so why the heck did we wait??? Not to mention that she killed him for revenge and not to protect Kokuto or other people.

She had to pass through all the things Lio had done to her and not to loose her human face, that's what I meant. So maybe after that she could kill Lio, 'cause she had already learned to sacrifice and to love. Also, she killed him without real anger confusing the mind, I'd say she was cold-blooded then.
Jan 31, 2010 6:49 AM
Jul 2009
So she is a masochist... she should have killed him earlier. No reason to pass through anything... we don't need to be threaten by a serial killer in order to learn to sacrifice and to love.
Jan 31, 2010 7:00 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
So she is a masochist... she should have killed him earlier. No reason to pass through anything... we don't need to be threaten by a serial killer in order to learn to sacrifice and to love.

... Yeah... Again I'll say that you should watch the movie one or two more times, maybe all of the movies. And try try grasp the plot.
Jan 31, 2010 7:03 AM
Jul 2009
The last hour of the 7th movie is just stupid... it doesn't change regardless of the times I watch it.
Jan 31, 2010 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
A little complaint here, after all this time, all they did was hugging, no kiss scene. :(
Jan 31, 2010 11:59 PM
Jul 2009
+1
No kisses, no sex... nothing.
Shiki: I want the key of your apartment *blushes*
lol wtf she blushes about??? It's like shounen. The romance in these movies is for 10 years old kids. On the other hand they overdo it with the violene.
Feb 2, 2010 2:52 PM

Oct 2009
manos300 said:
+1
lol wtf she blushes about??? It's like shounen. The romance in these movies is for 10 years old kids. On the other hand they overdo it with the violene.

Code geass sucks compared 2 KnK
Feb 3, 2010 4:38 AM
Jul 2009
??? and your point is...???
Feb 5, 2010 3:16 PM

Oct 2009
manos300 said:

it's not a point its a fact
Feb 5, 2010 4:29 PM
Jul 2009
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:

lol
Feb 5, 2010 7:45 PM

Oct 2009
mochiron said:
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
manos300 said:

I believe that is why he is asking for your point.

no shit! i know what he is asking me. what i can't express my own opinion sometimes ...jk
Feb 5, 2010 8:23 PM

Oct 2009
mochiron said:
Your opinion? I thought you just stated a fact!

lol i m so confuzzled now T_T
Feb 6, 2010 1:09 AM
Jul 2009
mochiron said:
Your opinion? I thought you just stated a fact!

lol +1
Feb 14, 2010 3:38 PM

Aug 2008
The_Cloned_One said:
Am I the only who thinks that there was actually a kiss in this installment?

Right at the very end of the movie, after the part where it shows the date of when the movie took place, something more happened with the hug scene between Mikilya and Shiki. It only show from the shoulders down though.

You can seee Mikiya hold Shiki tighter and Shiki's upper half of her body moved in close.

Many people do not realize that scene.

I like the last movie not so much as the novel but still remains a good adaptation I hope to see soon the epilogue.
Feb 17, 2010 2:54 AM

Jun 2009
That was the best of the seven film for me ^^.
Just have to wait for the epilogue.
Feb 20, 2010 5:22 PM

May 2008
What a retarded ending..
Mar 7, 2010 4:05 AM

Oct 2008
Kozooo said:
What a retarded ending..

no fucking way everything else before the ending was retarded especially the bit right before the sad --> happy turnaround. unnecessarily over-the-top depressing as fuck. thank god the ending was over-the-top happy

anyway pretty boring for the most part but good enough
Mar 17, 2010 5:01 PM
Feb 2008
This is the one film that actually goes into the details of Mikiya and Shiki and their relationship. We actually get some real focus on them instead of the tsudenere crap that was just touched upon here and there in the other movies.

It was good in some aspects. I mean I finally understood why Shiki can "kill anything" once Aozaki explained about the concept of reincarnation with the point of origin. We saw what happened with that part 2 stuff and the whole dual personality with Shiki and why he/she was so crazy about Mikiya.

But Mikiya makes no sense. I get he's a normal dude (well not really I mean he survived getting beaten in Movie 5 and survived all that crap in movie 7.) and just wants to be regular but some of the stuff he does is not logical or realistic. One can argue that he was infatuated with Shiki and already in love with her and love makes you do crazy things but it still seems weird. Camping out on someone's hosue to prevent them from going around killing things? Trying to seek help for some crazy guy that a Class A mage tells you is unsavable? All at the expense of his and his friend's health. Guy is too weird. And look what it got him...Shiki STILL killed that freak and he has a bad leg and one eye (dude get an eyepatch or a glass eye not a fucking bad comb over)

The drool scene was weird and I thought Lio was trying to infect her with the parasite or whatever that he had in his body but apparently it was just CG drool. I don't think people can drool that much but ok. Speaking of parasites they showed Lio spazzing out in the first encounter and talking about how he doesn't have much time and yet nothing happens later on. He just dies very easily. I'm assuming that was an after effect of all his past lives existing at once but I can only speculate.

And I still don't get why Aozaki didn't go and help them. I get she plays the part of the old wise leader that is pretty powerful but never gets off her ass and she does it in an endearing and likable way but still it was weird in this aspect cause this case seemed rather personal. Maybe that's why she didn't get involved. And what was up with her leaving? When she was talking to Mikiya's sister (who is also weird with her incest fetish)?

The mystery played out well. It wasn't super confusing like Paradox Spiral (who's non linear style and expositonal dropping of various concepts made it lolwut) but still worth putting clues and thinking about stuff as well as drawing from past episodes.

The music was godly as always. The fights were meh. I think past movies did a better job.

And did Shiki really bite her thumb off? Why didn't she just take off her fake arm or break it off? You could always get another one. And didn't her arm have powers? I remember in the first movie it could do some DevilMayCry4/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure esque type things when it grabbed that ghost girl.

In the end the series was pretty much a supernatural love story like Twilight but you know good. 7 out of 10.
Mar 28, 2010 4:37 AM

Oct 2007
manos300 said:
+1
You fail at understanding what these movies mean.

If you didn't get what others have been telling you, you pretty much just stick with Twilight rubbish and Narutard shit.
Apr 3, 2010 8:00 PM
Jul 2009
BlackWings said:
If you didn't get what others have been telling you, you pretty much just stick with Twilight rubbish and Narutard shit.

I don't like Twilight or Naruto!!! Yeah I know... Code Geass sucks compared to KNK.
Sorry for thinking that a long term adult romantic relationship is too weird without kisses or other stuff...
Apr 4, 2010 11:03 PM

Aug 2008
Yes kisses and sex make the stories deep and mature like school days and Love Hina. ¬¬

I do not remember in the movie or novel where he mentions Shiki and Kokuto as a couple.
Apr 5, 2010 3:50 PM
Jul 2009
Good point. I don't recall if they were a couple, but still... no kisses... no romance.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate all the KnK! (ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN ALL SEVEN!) ( 1 2 3 4 )

KaminaKai - Dec 13, 2009

187 by TierraRobada »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:53 AM

» Your thoughts on it all

FauxAzn - Jan 24, 2012

29 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 19, 2023 1:13 PM

» Opening music?

amade0 - Jul 13, 2010

9 by Ougi_00 »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:11 AM

» What order should I watch Kara no Kyoukai? ( 1 2 )

Snaita - Sep 23, 2012

67 by NekoZamurai »»
Dec 26, 2022 8:55 AM

» understanding kara no kyoukai movies symbolism

mcskops - Jul 14, 2015

6 by Zelot »»
Jul 14, 2015 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.