Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 8, 2013 8:09 PM
Jul 2013
Phew it was all just an act. I thought my heart wouldve burst out my chest from all the anticipation
Jan 13, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwwwwnnnnnnn :)

Now I feel bad to have doubt about Holo... :(

So Diana was another deity and it was Holo her mysterious buyer. For some reason, I had some suspicion, but the thing that was buging me and is still buging me is where did she find all the money to buy all this pyrite? Did she told her that Lawrence would pay for all the expense?

Lawrence reaction when she said that she even heard his stupid question was hilarious and so cute xD
It was a very sweet ending :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 15, 2014 7:35 AM
Aug 2009
minouneetzoe said:
the thing that was buging me and is still buging me is where did she find all the money to buy all this pyrite? Did she told her that Lawrence would pay for all the expense?

Holo only went to Diana to get her to tell Lawrence that Yoitsu might still not be destroyed, because she was mad that he wasn't talking to her and overthinking things on his own. Diana said no, and came up with her own idea because she realized that Holo was doing exactly the same thing to Lawrence (remember, Diana had fallen in love with a human priest who didn't reciprocate her love, so she would probably be annoyed that Holo was screwing around when she had a human who obviously loved her).

From Holo's perspective, Diana could either give Lawrence the pyrite and he would learn nothing, or she could give Amarti the pyrite and ruin everything, or she could give Holo the pyrite and Holo could save the day (and save face, because she didn't have to tell Lawrence the whole truth). Lawrence, of course, just took Holo's word for it and took all of the blame because he was just glad it was over (and he thinks Holo is incapable of acting the way she did).

Or, if you don't like that interpretation and want Holo to be as perfect as Lawrence thinks she is, then Holo simply bought the Pyrite the same way Lawrence bought his from Amarti, and Diana decided to let her so that both she and Lawrence would learn a harsh lesson in how stupid they were being.
BashZeStampeedoJan 15, 2014 7:38 AM
Feb 27, 2014 5:20 AM

Aug 2012
This "arc" was really great, and i really like most of the supporting characters and their roles in helping Lawrence throughout the story, especially Mark and Diana. So far, 2nd season looks so much better than the 1st, and i hope from the next ep onward it will stay this way.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 27, 2014 8:20 PM
Sep 2012
This episode had me sitting up-right on my bed at 4am in the morning with my heart racing. Grr, that damn market too! FU, hands-down the latest anime to have me right off the edge.
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
Jun 3, 2014 7:06 PM

Apr 2012
horo x lawrence ftw
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 13, 2014 7:49 PM

Apr 2014
THANK GOD. I couldn't take the tension between those 2 this arc, I felt like I watched the past 3-4 episodes while holding my breath the entire time. It was frustrating that Horo was planning to leave Lawrence (even tho it was a trick), and it was frustrating that Lawrence won't man up to his own feelings. Best part of this show is the relationship between those 2. Show just isn't as good when Horo has almost no screentime and the tension between them is bad.
Jun 13, 2014 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Such suspense! What a great end to this arc (or, at least, I think it's the end O__O), I'm so glad that Holo and Lawrence are back together! :3
Also, screw that blonde-haired kid.
Nov 26, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
So in the end, Deanna was the mastermind behind the plot. That's some pretty brilliant writing; the ending makes more sense the more you think about it.

There's no way one could expect Lawrence to definitively assume Holo was still on his side given her emotional outburst. I do appreciate that she was trying to reconcile, but she was being far too stubborn and indirect- signing a marriage contract to make him angry enough to confront her? What the crap?

Seriously, she's as foolish as Lawrence is sometimes. Haha.

Anyway, while I do wish she would fess up to her own contributions to the problem, I'm glad it worked out. Major props to the writers for using Deanna's character in such a meaningful way. After all that, I'm pretty comfortable with assuming the best of Holo going forward.

In the end, it came down to what currycurry and I agreed on when this first started- they just needed to talk it out. Still, the misunderstandings lead to good character growth, so the time spent on this development wasn't wasted.

Awesome.
Dec 2, 2014 1:32 AM

Sep 2014
Ahh~ Holo never ceases to amaze me.. So she figured out Lawrence's plan (more or less) and set up Amarty into a pinch.. That, is WISE indeed.. What a sly and mischievous wolf~ It's scary to cross path with this girl lol..

After the bitter taste that the last EP gave me (when Holo was beside Amarty), the second half of this EP made up for it and more.. I can never get enough of Holo's teasing and her interaction with Lawrence.. I'm glad everything is back to normal.. Oh wait, maybe more than normal? 'Cos their relationship certainly rose drastically.. Well anyways, I'm happy with this development..
Dec 2, 2014 12:13 PM
Jun 2014
That planning and that level of trust.
Never doubt the wise wolf...

But I must admit, I would've definitely acted similar to Lawrence's thinking...
Jan 3, 2015 8:01 PM

Nov 2012
rabbitpoets said:
Hmm, more Horo definitely makes for a much better episode, and it's not surprising Horo was the one who bought the pyrite and they ended up back together. But I kinda feel disappointed, because the way Horo explained it made it seem like a lot of the drama over the last couple episodes was unnecessary.
^This.
Jan 10, 2015 9:43 PM

May 2011
What do you guys think Horo wanted to say when she said "That time I was upstairs and..." "Nevermind, continue!" seeming embarrassed by what she was about to say?
Whao.
Jan 11, 2015 9:27 AM
Aug 2009
iZBlazed said:
What do you guys think Horo wanted to say when she said "That time I was upstairs and..." "Nevermind, continue!" seeming embarrassed by what she was about to say?

She purposely wanted to piss him so he would run up the stairs and confront her, because it would hurt her pride too much to confront him instead or just let him think things over and come back to her in due time. Of course that was a mistake, and it only ended up wounding her pride even more and escalating things beyond her control, as we saw.
Jan 27, 2015 9:31 PM

Nov 2014
I'll just say I feel a relief.

(And I'll just leave this here for the whole arc.)
Feb 10, 2015 5:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I feel a bit cheated to be honest. All this drama was for naught. She had it all planned out. Then again, Holo is the wise old wolf so I shouldn't underestimate her. I'm glad Amarty got his comeuppance.
Lawrence is not much of a merchant I must say. He makes some very foolish decisions. Acts cool and composed when he should should show some passion, and loses his composure when he should be cool and composed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 10, 2015 9:14 AM
Aug 2009
Farabeuf said:
Lawrence is not much of a merchant I must say. He makes some very foolish decisions. Acts cool and composed when he should should show some passion, and loses his composure when he should be cool and composed.

I disagree. Merchants aren't robots, and Lawrence isn't some wish-fulfillment perfect character. He's a fine merchant when he isn't being lead around the nose by Holo (or trying to impress her). If we're going to apply such standards to Lawrence, then Holo is an equally terrible Wise Wolf. But that's part of the fun of Spice and Wolf - you get to see smart people acting like twits because they're in love.
Feb 11, 2015 4:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
BashZeStampeedo said:
Farabeuf said:

I disagree. Merchants aren't robots, and Lawrence isn't some wish-fulfillment perfect character. He's a fine merchant when he isn't being lead around the nose by Holo (or trying to impress her). If we're going to apply such standards to Lawrence, then Holo is an equally terrible Wise Wolf. But that's part of the fun of Spice and Wolf - you get to see smart people acting like twits because they're in love.

Oh, no doubt that Holo has plenty of flaws too. In that sense they are both terrific and highly enjoyable characters. Gifted and flawed in equal measure (which I prefer to the current trend of flawless MC's). I just think that a lot of the "operations" that Lawrence does sometimes come closer to gambling that to trading and hence my low opinion of his merchantile talents. But then again as you rightly point out, people do act like twits because they in love.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 11, 2015 7:36 PM
Aug 2009
Farabeuf said:
But then again as you rightly point out, people do act like twits because they in love.

Exactly. Watch how Lawrence seems to want to impress Holo at every turn without even realizing it, making every wrong business decision because of it (especially in the second arc when he lets his greed take over, despite being so guarded in the first story). Then watch Holo make every wrong decision in this arc in Kumerson, and yet still be unable to admit it, making Lawrence take the blame for everything despite her own actions driving him to being even stupider. Sometimes it's the little things :)
Mar 1, 2015 3:47 AM

Jan 2013
Satisfying conclusion, I'm impressed
Mar 15, 2015 9:48 AM

Mar 2012
Finally, all of this unnecessary drama is over now. I think the best part about this arc was the confirmation of the existence of other deities besides wolf deities like Holo. I wonder if they'll encounter more during their travels.
May 3, 2015 3:20 PM
Nov 2014
So it was all an act by Horo ? Brilliant. ( take that you blonde brat :P ) That ending scene + dat ost = amazing.

Great episode overall, much more enjoyable when Horo is getting some screentime.
May 8, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
Douchey blond kid gets owned, Lawrence and Holo are back together, all is right with the world once more.

Seriously though, Holo just makes these episodes so much better, I'm glad shes back. It was also nice to find out that Holo was actually helping Lawrence the entire time, and them making up was sweet.

I had also guessed the Alchemist lady wasn't human, though I gotta say Id much prefer a wolf deity over a bird. At least Holo doesn't seem to shed everywhere lol.
May 14, 2015 3:55 PM

Nov 2014
I'm so happy, fuck Amarty I hate him.
Hi there
Jun 9, 2015 11:42 AM

Feb 2015
The last 3 episodes were tense as hell. i'm glad all ended up good for both of them but ..a hell of an emotional ride, having to root for Lawrence and Holo.
Oct 15, 2015 6:59 AM

May 2015
Honestly I don't see a happy ending at this point. Even if they were to become an item he would still eventually die and Holo would be all alone again. I don't want a bittersweet ending. I want a happy ending, dang it! >.<
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 1, 2015 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
This arc was really getting to me, I had no idea what to do. I felt as if I was the one about to lose the love of my life Thank you lawrence and Holo <3 . The bird lady was a BIRD LADY O_O wuttt. Hahahhahaha I love the fact that Holo her when lawrance asked if there were any pagan stories about gods and humans mating hahahahaha that was awesome!!! closes holo has come to hearing a confession
[/quote]
Dec 13, 2015 3:51 AM

Jul 2013
I really enjoyed the intensity of this arc and I'm glad they got back together and seem to have gotten closer but.....

the drama during these past few episodes seems overly complicated and unnecessary now. It would have been a lot easier if Lawrence was simply straight forward with Holo. It was still a nice ride though.
Dec 29, 2015 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
One thing that is important to note is, that for Horo, the whole situation wasn't as bad it it presented itself to Lawrence. After all, even if Amarty had won, she still could have said "thanks, but no" and walked off with Lawrence anyways. They even mentioned that possibility now and then.

Heck, that actually might have been a better outcome. Basically, Lawrence and Horo would have one thousand silver more, thats it. Of course, the emotions involved didn't make that solution viable..

Also, Deanna being a bird deity or similar explains quite some things. Her knowledge of such stories, especially about mating between gods and humans, why Horo was showing off her ears and tail while she was there, it might also be the reason why Deanna gave the stones to Horo or agreed to help Lawrence.
NwAurionDec 29, 2015 6:37 PM
Jan 4, 2016 5:54 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode! Lawrence should tell Horo what he feel..
Apr 25, 2016 8:41 PM

Feb 2012
That guard calling Holo's tail cheap fur, what a burn.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 28, 2016 9:21 PM

Mar 2014
Out of the many I've watched & read in all forms of media, I've never been so emotionally invested in a romance than I have for this episode.

Best episode of the season/5.
Jul 18, 2016 10:14 PM

Mar 2016
Wow, the resolution was so quick compared to the rest of the arc. Like half the season was spent building the drama, but then within like two minutes it was all cleared up...It seemed like the directors (and mangaka, if the manga is the same way) took an easy way out. It felt so shallow, unlike the series up until now.
Aug 2, 2016 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
Felt so good to see Amarty get destroyed.

So glad they're back together. Now they'll trust each other a lot more and their relationship is much stronger now.

It was quite a surprise to find out Diana was also a deity. I guess that explain why she's so beautiful. Just wish we could see her true form as well. I hope this isn't the last we see of her.
Aug 18, 2016 7:08 PM

Aug 2016
That arc was so damn stressful to watch - i'm so glad to have a resoluton and things back to how they should be :)

As people have said - the resolution was a little quick, but in all honesty - I was glad to be rid of that little kid Amarty.
Sep 9, 2016 11:22 PM

Oct 2012
Screw Amarty! xD
"Kono tawake"
Those two should kiss each other already xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 4, 2017 9:17 PM
Jan 2015
what a cheap ending of the arc....
Jan 6, 2017 7:44 AM
Aug 2009
AP_974 said:
what a cheap ending of the arc....

Care to elaborate?
Mar 6, 2017 11:42 PM

Aug 2014
Deanna isn't human? Damn who woulda thought...that resolution went by a bit to fast but eh, no biggy, atleast they are back together again.
Jan 14, 2018 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
That took way too long and was rather underwhelming. When does this series get like... really good? Last season was better than this arc, but even it was missing something. It just feels... lacking. It feels like it could be a lot better.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Feb 15, 2019 4:27 PM

Nov 2016
This series completely fooled me. In retrospect, I was too quick to judge Holo and my opinion on her behaviour has been relativised, now that we know who was behind the whole plan. Great arc and satisfying conclusion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2019 7:02 AM

Aug 2017
I don't really understand what happened but I didn't like this arc. Lawrence should man up and seal the deal with Holo already. She already asked for a kid.
Jul 6, 2019 1:06 AM

Sep 2012
TrumpMD said:
I don't really understand what happened but I didn't like this arc. Lawrence should man up and seal the deal with Holo already. She already asked for a kid.

like she said hes 2much of a gendalmen, he wouln't take advantage of her vurnable state, thats how he feels

but yea thats dumb, i would have accsepted her offer in ep3 already

Sugram22Jul 6, 2019 3:51 AM
Jul 6, 2019 4:53 AM

Sep 2012
hahaha holo heard that question about her kind mating with humans 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

no wonder the alchemist had that grin on her face like she knows something about holo 😁

must be abarassing to find out about what she wished GL for him about 😂😂😂

she wished him GL about mating with holo, about reaching to that stage 😁

Sugram22Jul 6, 2019 5:38 AM
Jul 6, 2019 5:41 AM

Sep 2012
-Dizzy- said:
Felt so good to see Amarty get destroyed.

So glad they're back together. Now they'll trust each other a lot more and their relationship is much stronger now.

It was quite a surprise to find out Diana was also a deity. I guess that explain why she's so beautiful. Just wish we could see her true form as well. I hope this isn't the last we see of her.

something tells me she a giant crow

Jul 11, 2019 8:34 PM
Oct 2017
Always disappointing me, Holo. Walk away!
Jul 31, 2019 1:15 PM

May 2016
Women are scary I learned my lesson.

That poor Amarty was bitten pretty hard.
Sep 26, 2019 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
Dayum! These episodes were pure hype; what a great arc!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 6, 2019 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end Holo wants Lawrence to always be straight forward with her while she only implies things and does everything behind his back for no reason. What a hypocrite, I get the feeling people only like her because she's a generic wolf girl.
GatorAug 24, 2020 2:46 AM
Nov 6, 2019 2:43 PM
Jul 2016
OH THANK BABY JESUS she did not leave him for Amarty! I don't think my heart could handle it.

Yeah, I like happy endings, so what.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

445 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

210 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dbaranyi - Aug 5, 2009

204 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 3:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.