Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2009 5:48 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hardly any Fantastic Children episode discussion going on ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, this show just gets better and better. I kinda had the suspicion that Thoma was Sesu but I didn't want to believe it, I really wanted him to be Soran.
Jan 7, 2010 2:03 PM

Apr 2009
Five months later...a reply!

Wow, just randomly decided to marathon Fantastic Children and I never would've guessed something like this thrown into the plot. I was also hoping for Thoma to be Sesu. Wonder how he'll deal with this revelation for the rest of the series.

May 27, 2010 4:47 PM

Apr 2010
I was thinking that Thoma was Soran...guess I didn't see that one coming. Unless they manage to butcher the last two episodes, this series really deserves more love and attention than it gets.
plagalcadenceMay 27, 2010 5:28 PM
Jun 1, 2010 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
What the FUCK? That completely hit me out of the blue. I'm shocked and dismayed, but I'm willing to go with it, so long as they don't completely screw up the next couple episodes.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Sep 4, 2010 5:29 PM

Mar 2008
saintcross said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND
Anyway, this show just gets better and better. I kinda had the suspicion that Thoma was Sesu but I didn't want to believe it, I really wanted him to be Soran.

Ah what I thought too. But then towards the truth I realised he had visions of Soran dead with pain...and his arm bleeding was a trigger too..*sigh* so sad...

I thought he killed Soran but really didn't want i to be true either...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2011 7:47 AM
Dec 2010
ah shi.. i has hoped that it will not come to this ... now they probably can't become pair and there will be somethig bad in ending .......
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 13, 2012 2:01 AM

Jul 2007

wow man lol. talk bout a revelation. Although i kind of saw it coming based on all the dreams and visions thoma had. But i wasn't certain if he was seth or Soran. In any case, NEVER though seth was the one that killed soran. That just truly shocked me.

I wonder why the hell would he kill his best friend over something so trivial. I mean it seems kind of redicilous to me. Just because the fact that when Tina went all berserk and soran was the one that got her to stop. That suddenly angered him so much to the fact that he shot him?? I mean come on. His emotions and heart must of been so strong for that girl, that if anything gets in the way, he sucombs to revenge.

Then we also see Dumas looking like he is out for revenge, i hope to hell he kills that damn father of his. The only thing he ever cared about was gaining the throne from titas, didn't care bout his family, didn't care bout his wife obviously. He deserves to die.

Oh and my god, im not the only poster here. Whats up everybody lol. For a long time i felt like i was the only one discussion anything related to this series in the forum. Apparently this episode gained enough attention.

Man only two more episodes to go, hopefully they do a good finish.
ArtimesGamerMar 13, 2012 2:07 AM

Mar 13, 2012 2:06 AM

Jul 2007
sugarplumfairy said:
saintcross said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND

Ah what I thought too. But then towards the truth I realised he had visions of Soran dead with pain...and his arm bleeding was a trigger too..*sigh* so sad...

I thought he killed Soran but really didn't want i to be true either...

Yeah seth killing soran really caught me by surprise, I thought it was garucia's army. Because they made it look like that in the past greecia episodes.

ArtimesGamerMar 13, 2012 10:41 PM

Jun 4, 2012 12:21 PM

May 2008
Since Thoma had those "flashbacks" I knew he was either Sesu or Soran but me too, wanted him to be Soran. But maybe Dumas was reborn as Soran, at least that would make some sense. Dumas I think was born some time after the incident so...
Anyway, I feel sorry for Thoma, he had to face this kind of memories T_T
Aug 21, 2012 7:10 PM

Jan 2012
O________________________________O

good shit
Jun 18, 2013 5:19 PM

Sep 2012
Like everyone around here, I was pretty like : NOOOOOOOO I ALSO WANTED THOMA TO BE SORAN
I was pretty expecting it all the time, but I didn't want to believe it neither, it's just tooooooooo hardcore this way :/ Makes all the story really heavy until that point

I still have 2 chapters to see + the special ending, 3 days left yay! :D
Let's see how it goes on
Jul 23, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2012
Awesome to see what happened on the other side of the glass back then! Really impressive development, I really like where this is going and well I do wonder what's next!
Mar 24, 2015 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
Unfortunately Thoma is Seth as I figured. He better get over his pity party fast because Helga is about to be transfered.
Sep 7, 2015 8:26 PM

May 2013
Come on guys, am I the only one who thought it was obvious Sesu was the one who killed Soran? Lost an arm, got abandoned and NTRed, anyone would snap.

I thought Agi and the others were lying or something. Turns out they didn't actually see it happening. Of course they would think both were killed by the army.
Sep 8, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2010
Ugoki said:
Come on guys, am I the only one who thought it was obvious Sesu was the one who killed Soran? Lost an arm, got abandoned and NTRed, anyone would snap.

I thought Agi and the others were lying or something. Turns out they didn't actually see it happening. Of course they would think both were killed by the army.

I thought it was obvious as well...?
Sep 8, 2015 4:24 AM

May 2013
seiobo said:
Ugoki said:

...Oh wow, I thought everyone had already left.
Sep 8, 2015 7:56 AM

Jul 2010
Ugoki said:
seiobo said:

...Oh wow, I thought everyone had already left.

I think you overtook me at some point!
Jan 18, 2017 2:16 PM
Aug 2014
Damn, here I was hoping it was Seth that was reincarnated instead of Soran to show that he loved Tina more than Soran did, even though Tina loved Soran and not him. But then it turns out he killed Soran and not the invading troops as I had though, not sure what to think now.
Mar 31, 2019 10:33 AM

Nov 2016
Damn yo, the fact that Thoma turned out be to Seth is definitely a nice twist for me.

These last couple of episodes have been crazy good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 24, 2019 12:04 AM
kinda tired

Apr 2017
Come on, I was so sure that Thoma was Soran. This show keeps on giving.
Dec 12, 2019 9:00 PM

Feb 2017
I absolutely loved the twist that Thoma was Seth. Soran was too predictable. I'm glad the writers took a risk. Too many shows try to force characters into relationships and it doesn't always need to happen. This was very refreshing to watch.
Apr 11, 2020 5:10 AM

Nov 2015
I can't believe I got baited.

Jan 6, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2012
A nice twist which was adequately foreshadowed in the whole series, considering the dynamic between Thoma and Helga, he being possessive and she being indifferent, trusting Chitto much more.
Feb 16, 2022 3:15 PM

Aug 2017
The moment with Seth's hand shaking was unlike anything I've seen in animation. Wonderfully done.

Also, Seth's father was among the people serving Geworka? Or he just looked pretty similar to the one we've always seen beside Titas. I guess he didn't switch sides.

Now, how did Seth/Thoma get transported? Was he barely alive?

trusting Chitto much more.

Plot twist: Chitto is Soran (no)
Nov 19, 2022 1:55 AM

Sep 2018
I thought it was rather obvious Seth killed Soran in that scene a few episodes prior, and I had not counted out the fact that Thoma could be Seth, so that didn't come as a surprise. This anime does foreshadowing very well and isn't all too difficult to put together. It's just the few episodes at the beginning that poses a lot of questions, though it slowly starts to unravel at a frequent pace. Again, the soundtrack was incredible.
Sep 8, 2023 9:31 AM

Dec 2022
So Thoma used to be Seth? Didn't expect this to be a netorare anime, but I may as well finish it. Initially I thought it was Georca's men that shot them, but it's revealed that Seth just found some pistol lying on the ground and took it.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 1 Discussion

Arashi89 - May 18, 2010

22 by dragynfaerie »»
Jan 15, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 25 Discussion

ArtimesGamer - Mar 13, 2012

5 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:28 AM

» The best anime of all time - It's a bummer how few people know about it

MyllerPhiem - Apr 2, 2022

15 by MyllerPhiem »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 2 Discussion

Arashi89 - May 18, 2010

12 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 23 Discussion

ArtimesGamer - Mar 13, 2012

4 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.