Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2014 5:31 PM

Jan 2011
When Art got stabbed I was thinking that he could still pull through, but then those several shots to the head made me give up on that idea.
Feb 18, 2014 5:33 PM
Jul 2012
Damn, Moral is one scary guy with his obsession over Nice. The ending of this episode was amazingly well done with the music playing in the background and Moral's final speech to art.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Feb 18, 2014 5:39 PM
Dec 2013
It was a very sad ending that left me crying. But, I loved the way they killed Art, very dramatic, saddening, how it was a cliff hanger, the phone call, etc.... Just they way they killed Art off had a huge impact..... Still, very upsetting on how they killed him, I have mixed emotions on how they killed Art and the fact Art was killed. Art was one of my most favorite characters.

I wonder by what moral mean by "good deed"? Did he reveal how Art's brother died, getting rid of Art (a nonMinimum holder) from Nice, telling Art the secret of why he isn't a minimum holder, what the forbidden minimum is, or something else? I would like to hear your opinions.

Given how dramatic a death Art was given, how won't come back to life. But i heard some think he is still alive with an awakened Minimum. I hope that is true, maybe bring him back by the second last or the last episode. Art will reveal he is alive and helps Nice when he is in deep trouble..... Well that's what I am hoping for anyway, I really don't want Art to die.

....I wonder how Nice will react to Art's death, or how he acts when facing Moral. If Nice hears Moral's reason for killing Art and Minimum holders, will he fall into depression blaming himself or attacks Moral with uncontrollable rage? How do you think Nice will react?
Feb 18, 2014 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
That ending was really well done. Best episode of this anime so far.
Feb 18, 2014 6:03 PM

Jun 2009
art is death and that is damn painful but wouldn't his comeback also kinda ruin his last moments as well

I just hope they find him in the next ep and not that moral is playing around with his body or takes on his identity to get near nice
Feb 18, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
See Hamatora, this is what you can do without the half-assed humor. What a great episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 18, 2014 6:15 PM
Aug 2013
I feel like they're trying to bring up a so-far subpar series by bringing in a fantastic villain, but it won't work unless the rest of the series is as good as that ending
Feb 18, 2014 6:18 PM

Aug 2009
stellalala said:
HOLY SHIT. NO. THIS IS NOT OKAY. AT ALL.
I am done. done.

Lyyu said:
WHYYYYYYYYY???
I wasn't ready for this

ReaperCreeper said:
When Art got stabbed I was thinking that he could still pull through, but then those several shots to the head made me give up on that idea.

All of this!!
Man what an episode.

Feb 18, 2014 6:22 PM

Feb 2013
I wonder what Moral whispered to Art before he died, also looking forward to how Nice is going to react to this
Feb 18, 2014 6:24 PM

Jun 2009
is it just me or des the next ep preview somehow feels like a filler
Feb 18, 2014 6:32 PM
Jan 2014
I know what he whispered to his ear, it's posted somewhere.

"You were the forbidden minimum holder, I removed your brain when you wore in Facultas that's why you didn't manifest your ability and that's why you're retarded and got yourself killed".

At least at the end he got to know guys...
Feb 18, 2014 7:04 PM

Oct 2011
shym said:
I know what he whispered to his ear, it's posted somewhere.

"You were the forbidden minimum holder, I removed your brain when you wore in Facultas that's why you didn't manifest your ability and that's why you're retarded and got yourself killed".

At least at the end he got to know guys...

I was thinking the same thing T_______T
Feb 18, 2014 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
dragonlight said:
Been a while since I've seen a main character die. Hopefully Art remains dead, it was a good death, although, I have a feeling at the moment of his death his minimum activated and the reason he was never able to use his minimum before is because his minimum's requirement is for his heart to stop beating so Art will probably live.

im sensing a code geass reference here... XD
Feb 18, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2012
I totally was not expecting that ending.

And I really liked Art too T_T

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Feb 18, 2014 7:36 PM

Dec 2012
wow what an episode it was very well done and I did not see that coming. Art died that's sad, but after watching so much anime I'm used to characters that I like dying on me.
Feb 18, 2014 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
This can't be possible. I refuse to believe Art is dead.
If that happens, that Moral bastard will use his appearance for sure.
I'm so scared, I really didn't want this to happen. Drowning in tears since 6 hours ago.

Feb 18, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
NOOOOOO ART!!! DON'T DIE!!! I admired you so much!! Having the mentality to be ok without a Minimum and even walking forward to your future!!<3 BUT THAT HORRIBLE MORAL JUST STABBED YOU, TRAMPLED ON YOUR PRIDE AND EVEN SHOT YOU. TWICE. CHIKUSO!!!!!!! Although, it would be nice if someone had a minimum to revive him (⊙ω⊙)
Feb 18, 2014 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
I can't believe that Art died.
Feb 18, 2014 8:09 PM

Sep 2012
didn't expect for art to die, RIP, he was a good character.
Feb 18, 2014 8:12 PM
Dec 2013
When I was loosing faith in this anime they throw this shit bomb, damn, the first episode to be interesting since the first one.
Feb 18, 2014 8:27 PM

Apr 2013
I hate villains whose entire reasoning is based on them being obsessed with the main character and then doing bad things in order to be their equal. It's just such a shitty rationale that always feels more like a copout than anything else.
Feb 18, 2014 8:42 PM
Mar 2012
Holy shit Art, this is so sad.
I think what Moral said to Art is actually he is a Minimum Holder. But he manipulate so he can develop / show his Minimum ability
Feb 18, 2014 9:35 PM

Oct 2013
Just predictions but I feel like Moral is gonna bring back Art somehow. Moral's reason why he wants to create equality totally pisses me of, its not like Nice's attitude is similar to Aomine's.
Feb 18, 2014 10:09 PM
Aug 2011
AsherFischell said:
I hate villains whose entire reasoning is based on them being obsessed with the main character and then doing bad things in order to be their equal. It's just such a shitty rationale that always feels more like a copout than anything else.

Yeah I hate this villain exactly for this.

Good episode though, my faith in this is restored!
Certainly made up for all the onsen nonsense a little while back.

Thank the heavens the art in the graveyard scene was drawn nicely. (unintentional puns there...)
They were probably saving the budget for this.
standFeb 18, 2014 10:13 PM
Feb 18, 2014 11:13 PM

Jun 2013
OMG ARTTTTTTT ;_;

Maybe Moral was trying to help Art unlock his Minimum. Who knows, maybe Art has the power of immorality/to revive? :p
Feb 18, 2014 11:20 PM

Jun 2009
pyreholocaust said:
OMG ARTTTTTTT ;_;

Maybe Moral was trying to help Art unlock his Minimum. Who knows, maybe Art has the power of immorality/to revive? :p

soo you mean as brook from one piece huh :D
Feb 18, 2014 11:39 PM
Aug 2013
wow, did not expect that from this anime, but it sure makes it more intense and god danm it, can't wait for next week. this is good.
Feb 18, 2014 11:51 PM

Nov 2012
I wasn't excepcting feels on this...
Feb 18, 2014 11:58 PM

Mar 2008
I laugh at all the people who gave up on this anime after the gay episode thing. It was good from the start & it still is.
Feb 19, 2014 12:02 AM

Nov 2012
AnimeJunky said:
I laugh at all the people who gave up on this anime after the gay episode thing. It was good from the start & it still is.

After i watched shinsekai yori i learned to not give up on animes when things like that happen.

I don't regret my decision.
Feb 19, 2014 12:11 AM

Jan 2014
I just hope Art survived that.
Feb 19, 2014 12:22 AM

May 2013
Wow. Didn't expect that. I really had low expectations for this anime but this episode genuinely surprised me. Still not enough to take it up from a 4 but it's getting there.
Yato-kun said:
I just hope Art survived that.
I hope he didn't and if he does, I hope it's with a good explanation.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 19, 2014 12:48 AM
Aug 2011
AnimeJunky said:

Still a bad episode. Whether the content was gay or not, is irrelevant.
Feb 19, 2014 1:12 AM

Jul 2012
I can''t even believe this. I was shocked when Moral stabbed Art, but then I was horrified when he pulled out a gun and shot Art multiple times.

Something tells me that Art might come back, though? Like some people said maybe Moral will use Art's appearance? But there has to be a way to bring him back ;^;

ugh I still can't believe Art is dead. That entire scene was done really well, in my opinion.
Feb 19, 2014 1:19 AM
Jul 2013
And now I know why the police didn't know that the doctor is dead in the last episode.

I was expecting Art to die but not this soon. And I'm sadder that Nice wasn't able to say sorry to him. He's not yet (officially) dead unless there's a funeral for him, right? /wishful thinking

Also, if Moral was trying to help Art to "activate" his minimum he wouldn't shoot his brain since it's important for using the minimum, right?
Feb 19, 2014 1:32 AM
Jul 2013
and then we find out that the reason why Art's Minimum never appeared despite his affinity for it was due to the activation factor being 'experiencing death'

please :( killing Art was really sad
Feb 19, 2014 2:06 AM
Feb 2014
Im gonna go with the fact that this is a PG13 anime, and that death was way to violent for that rating (more 17+ style) to believe that Art isn't actually dead
PLEASE because I totally loved him :( When the light went out of his eyes, I was basically crying
And, they wouldn't blank out what Moral said to Art if it wasn't important, right?? And he did say 'I will tell you something of use', like it would be useful in the future. To be useful in the future, wouldn't Art still need to be alive??
This could just be me trying to console myself though :( He better not disguise himself as Art though or I might go crazy
Feb 19, 2014 2:24 AM

Nov 2013
All I was going to do was complain about the declining animation with the episodes and just love on all interactions between Ratio and Birthday but HOLY SHIT, THE ENDING. I did /not/ expect the detail to be shown with the gun but I have a lot of respect for the series for doing so. I think this was the first time that much amount of blood was shown; the use of it was incredibly effective. For the first time in awhile, I actually felt something for a scene like this.

All of that plus the ending song variation just.. Unf. The ending was great.
Feb 19, 2014 3:33 AM

Nov 2009
Art :(

Wait, so was Art's assistant a real person, or was he just Moral in disguise all this time?

I liked the acoustic/new version of the ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2014 3:34 AM

Oct 2013
yukishiromei said:
I didn't see that coming, Art it's my favorite character, can't stop crying.
That was horrible, for real.

that shocked the hell out from me. I like art very much.
Feb 19, 2014 4:26 AM
Jul 2012
I wonder what Moral told Art, but I'm pretty sure it HAS to do with Nice leaving the Academy halfway. They wouldn't bring that up in this episode for no reason. Perhaps Nice's Minimum is actually artificial? He had amazing scores in his exams for sure (Moral only knew about him later), but that does not mean his Minimum was actualized. Perhaps he had the top grades, but never actualized his Minimum like Art and was given it by Moral. After discovering that his Minimum is artificial, he decided to leave the Academy- probably because he could not face Art (who tried his best despite not having one).

Moral pitied Nice for being at the top but didn't actualized a Minimum at first. Nice was all alone and also felt despair that he could not be like his friends. Moral granted his wish by giving him the Sonic Minimum and now is trying to eliminate his solitude as well.

For me, this explains why Nice thinks that the hulk guy (the failed green non-innate Minimum holder) a few episodes back actually enjoyed himself. This is due to Nice having a non-innate Minimum as well and could understand his desire to want one + show off. That is why he and Moral thinks alike in some ways as his desire to have a Minimum was granted by him. It should also probably be why he narrowed the suspects down to Moral this episode. He knew about what he did before, but not after he left the research facility. Therefore, he was not absolutely sure that it is Moral.

By the by, was Art's brother's death ever explained in detail? Perhaps Moral made it look like an accident and extracted his brain without the others knowing. The Sonic Minimum might just be Art's brother's.

I posted this somewhere else too >.>, but I'm not entirely certain given that I did not watch all the previous episodes again to make sure. If there are flaws, please point it out!! ^.^
Feb 19, 2014 4:53 AM
Dec 2011
Samhiuy said:
I wonder what Moral told Art, but I'm pretty sure it HAS to do with Nice leaving the Academy halfway. They wouldn't bring that up in this episode for no reason. Perhaps Nice's Minimum is actually artificial? He had amazing scores in his exams for sure (Moral only knew about him later), but that does not mean his Minimum was actualized. Perhaps he had the top grades, but never actualized his Minimum like Art and was given it by Moral. After discovering that his Minimum is artificial, he decided to leave the Academy- probably because he could not face Art (who tried his best despite not having one).

Moral pitied Nice for being at the top but didn't actualized a Minimum at first. Nice was all alone and also felt despair that he could not be like his friends. Moral granted his wish by giving him the Sonic Minimum and now is trying to eliminate his solitude as well.

For me, this explains why Nice thinks that the hulk guy (the failed green non-innate Minimum holder) a few episodes back actually enjoyed himself. This is due to Nice having a non-innate Minimum as well and could understand his desire to want one + show off. That is why he and Moral thinks alike in some ways as his desire to have a Minimum was granted by him. It should also probably be why he narrowed the suspects down to Moral this episode. He knew about what he did before, but not after he left the research facility. Therefore, he was not absolutely sure that it is Moral.

By the by, was Art's brother's death ever explained in detail? Perhaps Moral made it look like an accident and extracted his brain without the others knowing. The Sonic Minimum might just be Art's brother's.

I posted this somewhere else too >.>, but I'm not entirely certain given that I did not watch all the previous episodes again to make sure. If there are flaws, please point it out!! ^.^

Quite interesting theory

I would like to post my own speculations with my own thoughts and from your points as well:

##Reason Nice left Facultas ?
- Perhaps what you yourself said can be the cause
- Maybe it had something to do with Art's brother's death ?
- Experiments on kids/holders or killing forbidden minimum holder to preserve his brain (Art's brother ?)

##Nice's Minimum
- I highly doubt his minimum is artificial from the way the story has developed till now. From the get go he is shown very smart and superior than others from the getgo. Even the manga story which is kind of before anime storyline shows him as the top minimum holder
- If he knew about Moral beforehand and was given a minimum by him like you said, Moral would be the first person he would know of as soon as the first non-minimum case showed up. But he didnt knew about Moral till this episode.
- He is classified maybe because of his minimum ? Just think about it, no matter how you think of it, Super Sonic doesnt seems that much Over Powered to deem him classified or superior to others. But if you remember Darker Than Black then Hei's actual power wasnt electricity manipulation but rather molecule manipulation and electricity was its by product. Think about Cyborg 007's power too, it was same super sonic but do you remember the time his power lost control ? It stopped time. Thinking like that, I think Nice's minimum shown till now is not his true power but just a portion of it and when fully used, he can perhaps manipulate time ?

##Moral
- Nothing much, reminds me exactly of Creed from Black Cat

##Art
- Wierd how the preview of next episode was so cheerfull, perhaps Art's minimum gets awakened and is related to healing or rebirth or something ?
- Moral disguises as Art but should be spotted by Nice at first sight IMO
- Moral forcefully gives Art that forbidden minimum and says that during this episode's end that he will do so or maybe tells him it was his brother's minimum ?

##Forbidden Minimum
- Someone finds it strange how they refer to the minimum as a "specimen". Maybe its a arifact or duplicate or not the real forbidden minimum and was created from Nice. Thus Nice holding the actual forb. minimum and to replicate his minimum they used Art's brother and Nice left Facultus due to that ? Art's brother's minimum can also be related to copying other's minimum thus making him best candidate to be sacrificed.
Feb 19, 2014 5:10 AM
Jul 2012
shubhank008 said:

Quite interesting theory

I would like to post my own speculations with my own thoughts and from your points as well:

##Reason Nice left Facultas ?
- Perhaps what you yourself said can be the cause
- Maybe it had something to do with Art's brother's death ?
- Experiments on kids/holders or killing forbidden minimum holder to preserve his brain (Art's brother ?)

##Nice's Minimum
- I highly doubt his minimum is artificial from the way the story has developed till now. From the get go he is shown very smart and superior than others from the getgo. Even the manga story which is kind of before anime storyline shows him as the top minimum holder
- If he knew about Moral beforehand and was given a minimum by him like you said, Moral would be the first person he would know of as soon as the first non-minimum case showed up. But he didnt knew about Moral till this episode.
- He is classified maybe because of his minimum ? Just think about it, no matter how you think of it, Super Sonic doesnt seems that much Over Powered to deem him classified or superior to others. But if you remember Darker Than Black then Hei's actual power wasnt electricity manipulation but rather molecule manipulation and electricity was its by product. Think about Cyborg 007's power too, it was same super sonic but do you remember the time his power lost control ? It stopped time. Thinking like that, I think Nice's minimum shown till now is not his true power but just a portion of it and when fully used, he can perhaps manipulate time ?

##Moral
- Nothing much, reminds me exactly of Creed from Black Cat

##Art
- Wierd how the preview of next episode was so cheerfull, perhaps Art's minimum gets awakened and is related to healing or rebirth or something ?
- Moral disguises as Art but should be spotted by Nice at first sight IMO
- Moral forcefully gives Art that forbidden minimum and says that during this episode's end that he will do so or maybe tells him it was his brother's minimum ?

##Forbidden Minimum
- Someone finds it strange how they refer to the minimum as a "specimen". Maybe its a arifact or duplicate or not the real forbidden minimum and was created from Nice. Thus Nice holding the actual forb. minimum and to replicate his minimum they used Art's brother and Nice left Facultus due to that ? Art's brother's minimum can also be related to copying other's minimum thus making him best candidate to be sacrificed.

That is reasonable too. We don't know what are the limits of the Minimum abilities so there could be Regeneration or Copying abilities for all we know.

I forgot to elaborate on the Moral and Nice part. Perhaps Moral told him explicitly that his Minimum is artificial, but never told his name. Nice could remember him and his face, but is able to bring it up to Art at first because he never knew his name. He is the top Minimum holder and the smartest in the whole cast (other than Art), but there must be a basis for why he speculates Moral is the perpetrator.

Remember Art said that it is not enough for him to narrowed it down to Moral? Even if he takes an gamble, what are the chances that he will get it right? I actually thinks it is because he recognizes that face and finally gets details on him. It's not that he doesn't know Moral, but he only knew about him vaguely.

And that could be why he is classified too. Perhaps it is like you said, there is more than meets the eye and that his abilities are way more superior than other. However, it can also be said that he is classified because his minimum is artificial and that it was an illegal act.

Who knows? :D We can keep speculating on and on hahah~ I wait patiently for the next episode to see where the plot will go. I think this show will surprise us in a lot of ways-like Art's death which I totally did not expected.
Feb 19, 2014 5:43 AM

Dec 2010
I really didn't expect Art to die, as he's the only character without a Minimum from the main cast. Blah, he didn't deserve it, but I guess he had it coming for trying to do everything alone and not asking for help.
Feb 19, 2014 8:11 AM
Feb 2012
Damn, this serie is better than I expected. Refreshingly mature. Very nice :)
Feb 19, 2014 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
ryoudachi said:
And now I know why the police didn't know that the doctor is dead in the last episode.

I was expecting Art to die but not this soon. And I'm sadder that Nice wasn't able to say sorry to him. He's not yet (officially) dead unless there's a funeral for him, right? /wishful thinking

Also, if Moral was trying to help Art to "activate" his minimum he wouldn't shoot his brain since it's important for using the minimum, right?

maybe he just needs a strong body who can handle the forbitten minimum and since art is an equal terms he could be used in other words what happens to arts brain doesn't matter cause he gets a new one anyways

-----------------------

still don't hope the the play around with arts corpse or moral takes his appeareance but the next ep preview seems a lil weird after what just happened
Feb 19, 2014 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
I doubt Art is dead though.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 19, 2014 10:04 AM
Jan 2014
First episode of Hamatora that really was something else. Enjoyed it a lot and was surprised by Art's death.
Feb 19, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2012
Art sure is kinda short tempered... wonder if he really died oO
Feb 19, 2014 11:37 AM
Sep 2013
If there's some stupid shit like a revive minimum, then tables will be flipped.
This is already generic enough, art better be dead for real.
The end is nigh

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

262 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

105 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 22, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2014

133 by enterlowa »»
Aug 2, 2023 3:47 AM

» Does anyone else think this anime is very shallow?

7EJh77b - Dec 7, 2015

4 by BreakApart »»
Sep 3, 2022 11:44 AM

» Worth Watching?

_txhsin__ - Jun 1, 2022

8 by Kibbi500 »»
Jun 3, 2022 9:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.