Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2009 11:00 AM

Oct 2007
Loved this ending. Kurosawa manned up and is growing up trying to get into a meaningful relationship. I didn't want those 35 pages of manga to end. I wanted to keep reading it. This ending leaves a lot to the imagination letting the reader decide what happens. All I can say is i want MOAR!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Jul 29, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2009
Sugawa is so cuuuute! I love that he ended up with her.
Great manga.. It felt really unique and original, and I liked the artstyle.
stAtic91Aug 4, 2009 8:32 PM
Jul 29, 2009 4:21 PM

Jul 2007
i actually started this manga because some ppl recommended this to me and after the first few chapters i thought: WTF
but somehow i wanted to read on.
the longer i did the more i was captivated by it.
And the last 3-4 chapters really blew my mind. i mean now at the end of the manga i REALLY want to know how it goes on. Through character development all the characters turned from childish weirdos, freaks, bullies, etc into more mature, deep and likeable characters. so much that i want to just read more about their life, even if they are simply normal ppl now.
this feels more like a prequel.

i'd love to see more from this author (and also the art was to my liking and got better and better throughout the manga).

really cool!
Jul 29, 2009 5:29 PM

Jan 2009
Okay, what is Sugawa's first name?
Jul 29, 2009 7:39 PM

May 2009
Deadrocks said:
Okay, what is Sugawa's first name?
Maiko.
Jul 30, 2009 11:10 PM

May 2009
I liked Sugawa. This has to be in my top 3 mangas I've read read in a while. Whoever made this deserves a friggin medal.

I really hope for more stuff from this guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2009 10:49 AM

Dec 2007
I started reading this due to finding a blog post about it. The name mislead me, I tell you.

I did expect such a, well, touching tale.

Highly enjoyable stuff, and easily one of my favourites.
Aug 4, 2009 12:26 PM
Aug 2008
WooW it over, it felt abit fast reading this series.

I really loved how easy to read and enjoyable this manga was.
i hope to see more work done by this author :) ill make sure to read it.
Aug 4, 2009 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
Wow. Great manga, like everybody else I wanted to see more. I'm happy Kurosawa ended up with Sugawa. I wouldn't consider it a good ending if he fell for Kitahara (agree?). I liked the Death Note references definitely made me lol from time to time. A few chapter back when Takigawa (sp?) started dating afro-dude, I hated them both but now I guess not that much now. Pretty great plot and good drama, made me shed some manly tears here and there. I want MMMMMOOOOAAARRRR, i want to see the outcome of their date. Ending could have been better maybe ending it with a kiss. All in all it was a great story, i wish they would make an extra chapter to see the results.
Aug 6, 2009 8:26 AM

Sep 2008
Oh wow! I love the last chapter! Now I'm satisfied.. I got the ending that I wanted lol and I think I just realized that I really do like tsundere's LOL! Sugawa ending, loved it!
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Aug 9, 2009 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
Really perfect ending. :)
Aug 24, 2009 8:24 AM

Dec 2007
Wow, that was awesome. Started out as something really funny before becoming more serious, still with a funny tone to it. I laughed when I saw that he still hasn't dropped his "daily routine."

Animyers said:
Even though I personally like Sugawa better, I am still disappointed in the fact that Kurosawa didn't end up with Takigawa.

This. Everytime I see Takigawa I crinch a little, but being with Sugawa looks like it'll work out nicely as well. [Tsundere ftw?] Time to read the omake...
HelixAug 24, 2009 9:28 AM
Aug 27, 2009 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
Decent ending. * now sits and waits for anime*

Aug 29, 2009 11:24 PM

Jul 2008
A very touching ending, to a very interesting series. Like many people before me i started reading the series because it seemed like something for a quick laugh. But, as the story developed some more and the characters relationships were revealed i found myself unable to stop reading. "Onani Master Kurosawa" is definitely a perfect example of "Don't judge a book by its cover." I eagerly await for the his (author's) next work. Rest in my memories Kurosawa!
Aug 31, 2009 8:44 PM

Feb 2009
A man was born
Helix said:
Wow, that was awesome. Started out as something really funny before becoming more serious, still with a funny tone to it. I laughed when I saw that he still hasn't dropped his "daily routine."

Animyers said:
Even though I personally like Sugawa better, I am still disappointed in the fact that Kurosawa didn't end up with Takigawa.

This. Everytime I see Takigawa I crinch a little, but being with Sugawa looks like it'll work out nicely as well. [Tsundere ftw?] Time to read the omake...

SEEing Takigawa doesn't make me cringe as much as HEARing her say "Kyon-kun"

That part was painful, glad Kurosawa decided to simply use her as his inspiration and moved his butt on.

Side note: is anyone else annoyed by the Death Note comparisons? I mean I do realize there are similarities (that's the parody part), but Kurosawa sure as hell didn't cry no weakling tears. Kurosawa showed significant differences in character when it really mattered (compared to Yagami), so this manga deserves to stand alone and not be belittled as "Death Note with masturbation".
Aug 31, 2009 10:10 PM

Jul 2007
I think that the comparisons to Death Note are mostly in jest. If you're seriously comparing Kurosawa with Light though, I think the primary difference between the two is that Kurosawa was sane enough to recognize that he was flawed, human, in need of companionship, and changed himself for the better because of his experience.
Oct 1, 2009 11:20 AM

May 2007
Animyers said:
Same here.

I find hilarious how a Doujinshi can be
WAY BETTER

than published mangas.
Oct 6, 2009 3:11 AM

Jun 2008
I'm not satisfied with the ending. I WANT MOAR!!
Oct 10, 2009 7:24 AM
Jun 2009
Needs animu adaptation NAO.
Dec 2, 2009 2:20 AM

May 2008
This ending really showed how much all the characters have grown since we met them. Well the only character that was not touched this time was Kitahara feel a bit sorry for her since i was rooting for her, but at least we now she's better right now.
I liked how Sugawa reacted to Kuro's invitation for the movies, so in the end she really likes him. and so Kuro is happy to see her and he's growing attached to her.I loved this chapter. and overal is a great chapter and a great manga!
Dec 7, 2009 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
Loved the story.. good thing i continued it lol XD

*reads the Omake chapter now* thank god its translated now <3

Jan 5, 2010 12:29 PM
May 2008
Rare manga ending that gives such a good feeling...
Most of them left me empty, but this one...

Found three references to other manga/anime: Death Note(o rly?Oo), Code Geass(first school trip photo) and Suzumiya Haruhi(SOS, and I tjink they sang an ending song in karaoke)
Jan 8, 2010 7:35 AM

Mar 2009
loved the ending, a perfect pairing, lol'd @ all the fap note references but really this doujinshi gets all respect from me, looking for 'after the juvenile' chapter now
Jan 8, 2010 8:10 AM

Jul 2009
I like Sugawa x Kurosawa better than Takigawa x Kurosawa don't know why..yeah i'm rage when Takigawa going out with the afro guy..but Tsun..tsun..baka is much better for Kurosawa imo

And this is the 2nd manga i didn't expect the main lead will ended up with whom..XD

Masterpiece 10/10 flat
Jan 9, 2010 4:43 PM

Dec 2007
I laughed.
I pissed.
I cried.
I smiled.

9/10

Would be 10/10 if it turned into a full professional manga (art cleaned out and everything). Not to say I don't like the art. Just would have been better if it was cleaned out.

Helix said:

Animyers said:

Yeah I agree. When Kurosawa talks to Takigawa I always wish they coupled but Sugawa fills the roles quite nicely too.
WhaleCostumeJan 9, 2010 4:49 PM
Jan 18, 2010 3:26 AM

Jul 2009
At first it disappointed me that Kurosawa went after Takigawa instead of Kitahara. Then, when noticing the perfect match between Kuro and Taki, it pissed me off that Brolly stole her.
...Though, Kurosawa looks better with Sugawa.
Jan 21, 2010 8:42 PM
Jan 2008
Today - Kurosawa turned into a MAN.
Jan 24, 2010 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
Yuppo!!! I really liked the ending...Although, he still didnt actually confess to Sugawa, which is still a little half-baked...KurosawaXSugawa FTW!!!!!!!! :)
"You want to live, don't you...? So live! As long as you're alive, live!" ~ Takeshi Kuranari
Jan 30, 2010 5:03 PM

Oct 2008
5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)

no more comments needed ;)

Feb 23, 2010 3:57 PM

Nov 2009
Amazing manga.

I dare to say that this is one of the purest manga out there. Pure as in with carefully fleshed out characters, masterfully written storyprogress and an amazing manga about human problems.

I'd like to give it a 9.5.
But because MAL does not have half points, I give it the benefit of my doubt: 10/10 =)
Mar 13, 2010 1:15 PM

Oct 2009
Somehow I still though that Takigawa would have been better because she would support Kurosawa in his literature choices but in the end it will be more of challenge to keep Sugawa entertained + she is bad girl who smokes like me! :P So I would go more for her but I don't think a farm is ok with her....she would be more the type to be in the city in clubbing or maybe not.......nice story took me 3 hours to marathon it but it was worth it! This guy Kurosawa....changed so much it is incredible! Really surprised and so it ends=>

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 3, 2010 5:09 PM

Apr 2008
Instant favorite. I wanted the fap boy to end up with the squire girl, but I'm not dissatisfied. This manga somehow inspire me to get up my butt and do something productive. The "Hare Hare Yukai" reference was priceless.

9-10/10
TuzoAnimeApr 3, 2010 6:13 PM
Apr 3, 2010 11:48 PM

Oct 2009
Can't deny at the beginning I was seriously wondering "Why am I reading this?", but this ending makes it all worth it.
Apr 11, 2010 1:52 PM

Jan 2008
when i started reading this i was just expecting a comedy/parody with not but story but afew lol's in it, so i was pretty surprised that it had an excellent story with great characters, even tho this was doujin i found this to be alot better than most manga i read, , it also had alot happier an ending than i was expecting towards the beginning which i wasn't expecting. overall this was definitely a great read. :D
Apr 14, 2010 2:57 PM

Aug 2008
Knowitall66 said:
Can't deny at the beginning I was seriously wondering "Why am I reading this?", but this ending makes it all worth it.

I agree, this doujin really surprised me. I truly enjoyed it.
Apr 18, 2010 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
Animyers said:

Same here :S

But one thing is for sure.This is the best romance manga yet and much more realistic.
May 11, 2010 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
Am I the only one who didn't want Kurosawa to end up with Sugawa?
I'm sorry, but she's still a bitch to me.
I can't stand her stuck-up attitude for some reason...

It also didn't exactly feel like an "ending" to me but it did good enough to leave room for the reader's imagination to dwell on. Kurosawa is definitely a bro & I was touched that he didn't give up on squirrel girl just yet.

Now that's a true friend right there ;__;
May 25, 2010 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, I was amazed by this doujin. Seriously, I never expected this to end up like this. Kurosawa definitely had one of the best character development ever. The only thing I was kind of going "wtf" over was that he ended up with Sugawa. From the moment Takikawa dated the Afro dude, I knew he had no chance with Takikawa. I always thought he was going to end up with Kitahara. Sugawa just came out of the blue for me, especially considering she used to be a delinquent who bullied Kitahara... so her dere-dere nature was very random for me.

Nonetheless, definitely one of the better mangas out there. 8/10

I think professional mangakas can learn something from this ^^

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 7, 2010 7:41 PM
Jul 2008
I heard this was a really good manga so I decided to check it out. I am so glad I did. At first I just thought it was gonna be a straight up ridiculous comedy but the hard-hitting relationship stuff came from left field and blew me away. I'm still a little disappointed Kurosawa didn't end up with Takigawa though. Even though I would technically consider it a "happy ending" I can't help but feel sad.
Jun 22, 2010 8:45 AM
Mar 2008
This was a fantastic ride. I was expecting a funny manga, but the story totally captivated me and I couldn't stop reading. I'm satisfied with everything. Everything.
Aww, now that it's over I feel empty.
*cross fingers for anime adaptation*
10/10.
Jun 22, 2010 3:39 PM

Jan 2010
Best manga ever made.
Jun 24, 2010 12:16 PM

Feb 2010
This was EPIC Manga. im not really a fan, but this really entertained me :)
Jun 25, 2010 11:20 PM

Aug 2009
Pretty damn good ending.. but it would make it an even BETTER ending if they kissed.. all well :)))
Jun 30, 2010 11:05 PM

Jul 2007
Fuck this manga suprised me. It was so good, had all the things u want from a HS manga haha. It was just perfect execution of story. READ IT IF U HAVENT!

I agree with most of u i was so angry when afro dude and taki got together. But i think in the end the sugawa and Kuro match up was much better haha, much more realistic. Taka was a bit too much, made me cringe sometimes haha
jasvanthJun 30, 2010 11:10 PM
Aug 9, 2010 1:33 PM

Jul 2008
wow... that was actually very good...

and look at sugawa slipping in taking the #1 spot out of the girls list imo... on the last chapter too...

it seems kinda odd but it looks like everyone forgot about kitahara in this chapter

with this ending id say this would be in my top 5 manga... or somewhere close
Aug 15, 2010 11:05 PM

Feb 2008
IT was a touching ending
Sep 12, 2010 8:19 PM

Jan 2010
I'm so fucking glad and lucky to come across this out of the blue, as it is a masterpiece and treasure. It had a great story, awesome characters, and the right amount of everything required from it to be satisfied in the end. Would have liked to see more of Sugawa and Kurosawa getting closer though.

Helix said:

Animyers said:

Completely agreed. Can't ever look at Sugawa again without being reminded of the bitchslap given to Kurosawa. Whenever I see them together I just feel kinda bad for Kurosawa.

Anyone else feel like the cover art for the manga is just perfect for the story?
Sep 21, 2010 3:38 AM
Apr 2010
I can hardly believe the fantastic and daring character development in this manga! Great Job! Who had believed that the egocentric bastard Kurosawa could turn in a sociable guy. And the best turnover was Sugawa: from a bitch who didn't stand out at all, into the cutest female character in this manga!
Nov 3, 2010 7:19 AM

Feb 2009
BobStar said:
I can hardly believe the fantastic and daring character development in this manga! Great Job! Who had believed that the egocentric bastard Kurosawa could turn in a sociable guy. And the best turnover was Sugawa: from a bitch who didn't stand out at all, into the cutest female character in this manga!

This! Awesome manga!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 18, 2010 8:16 AM

Jun 2009
Great manga. Totally something I didn't expect when I began reading this.

I liked Takigawa at first but and it hurts a bit when I found out about the afro otaku guy and them going out but I simply easily got over her since that afro guy is really a good guy. I can't seem to hate those type of characters and after all, in the end I realized that Takigawa isn't really suited for Kurosawa. I found out she's more like a best friend type to me rather than a girlfriend so it's all good.

On the otherhand, Sugawa and Kurosawa are perfect together and I'm glad they ended up with each other. My only complaint is I wanted to see more about their relationship or maybe I wanted to see even just that date on Christmas but nevermind, I'm satisfied with that ending. 9/10 for this manga.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Animyers - Jul 23, 2009

55 by astoneon »»
Apr 15, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Deadrocks - Jul 27, 2009

73 by Saintnatti »»
Dec 12, 2023 1:23 PM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

skygtr - Jun 30, 2009

129 by MH93 »»
Nov 11, 2023 10:51 AM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 2 Discussion

sifma - Aug 24, 2008

32 by Joel77 »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:04 AM

» Onani Master Kurosawa (Bullying)

Deanomac2010 - Nov 1, 2023

5 by Euroqean »»
Nov 2, 2023 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.