Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 4, 2017 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
Wow Mustang is a dick
Nov 9, 2017 12:05 AM

Apr 2017
I abominate the character of Mustang, he decided to kill Ross despite the fact that the girl did not kill Hughes. Ling Yao is also an iritating character. All of these characters are f*cked up to be honest. Edward Elric, I see his character as Eren Jaeger, he loves to shout nonstop and doesn't do anything good.
Jan 9, 2018 12:42 PM

Sep 2017
Burned beyond recognition and identified with partial dental records... since they included a scene to mention that, I'm really not buying that she's dead. Also don't think Mustang is that dumb either
Feb 11, 2018 2:32 PM

Sep 2017
Alright so everyone is hating on this episode but I found that it was one of those that I enjoy the most. I like what's unexpected and I like to be mindfucked, and this episode just did that.
So after reading some of the comments on this episode I still stand to my idea that Ross isn't dead, I just wonder why Mustang would want to get rid of the Elrics, they did a pretty good job to make Mustang look as the evil guy, if I didn't read the comments (although I haven't been spoiled) I would have bought it to believe she truly is dead.
Mar 13, 2018 11:32 AM

Dec 2009
Finally Mustang is getting off his ass and doing something drastic.

Aug 17, 2018 11:11 PM
Dec 2017
something is hidden... General Mustang is hiding something.. and its look like Mustang gonna sacrifice him self and also his respect
Jan 11, 2019 4:25 PM

Oct 2013
Barry the Hero! :D

But after showing his awesomeness, I was like "what the heck?!" when Mustang killed Ross... :( Though I have a feeling it's all a farce and Ross was not killed, but taken away to a place that is both secret and safe to protect her from the bad guys. Autopsy couldn't confirm nor decline her identity after all, maybe it's a hint to think like that.

And the end of this episode... another "what the heck?!" because another Barry appeared! I guess he might be a homunculus.
Jan 11, 2019 5:39 PM

Jun 2015
roy is definitely hiding something. he seems like the type of guy to act badass and like he doesn't care, but in the end will sacrifice himself for the final battle.
Jan 17, 2019 10:07 AM

Oct 2015
Loved Ling in this episode! This guy should be featured in every episode imo. I'm wagering Roy realized it was a set-up to frame the murder on Ross. In the last scene Armstrong seemed to be on Roy's orders so I believe, or at least want to believe that it was an act.

4/5
Apr 4, 2019 12:10 AM

May 2016
Maria's prison break was going so well and it's just a mad dash to the warehouse to hide but Mustang stood in her way and burnt her to a crisp to accomplish his vendetta and I have no words for what he just did. He was all tense and frigid but he showed that he had absolutely no conscience for what he had done by acting like a goofball on the phone despite having just murdered someone.

Armstrong dragged Edward back to Resembool to talk about something so I wonder what that's about.

Apr 14, 2019 9:54 PM
Oct 2018
mustang burnt cheeks
Apr 19, 2019 12:42 PM

Apr 2018
I HATE MUSTANG. R.I.P Maria Ross

Rin Asogi
(RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne)
Jul 27, 2019 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
goddamn... I really hope Roy Mustang didn't actually kill her. What is he up to now?
Aug 19, 2019 1:00 PM
Aug 2019
Like i'd actually believe Mustang killed Ross with that small evidence

The colonel is smarter than that
Nov 4, 2019 1:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RIP Maria, she did nothing wrong... it was a good episode.
Mar 20, 2020 3:51 PM

Feb 2020
MUSTANG JUST STRAIGHT UP KILLED ROSS???? JUST LIKE THAT????? HE DIDN'T EVEN ASK HER IF SHE KILLED HUGHES AND WHY???? that does not seem right to me, he didn't seem like the type to do that. i thought maybe ross was actually alive and he planted a fake body but then the doctor confirmed it and i don't know what to think. i was convinced mustang was actually envy but that didn't seem to fit with what envy was doing in the episode..... and now he's sending ed away? fishy business roy my dude

also is barry's body part of a chimera???
May 4, 2020 2:10 AM

Nov 2018
Two words: Cruel Reality.This anime and characters are so realistic.
Mustang may eventually become the Führerr, but there would be nothing left out of his good old ideals.He will just become another King Bradley...
I hate everyone equally
Oct 28, 2020 3:21 PM
Oct 2016
this episode makes no sense, can someone explain why he would kill her when he obviously knows she is innocent???
Nov 11, 2020 7:36 AM

Jul 2017
Slightly weaker episode than the past few but still solid nonetheless. I liked the jailbreak scene with Ling and Barry the Chopper and Lieutenant Ross. Mustang's also got loads of shit planned which should be interesting to see the next few episodes.
Feb 15, 2021 4:49 PM

Jul 2020
that was very stupid action of lieutenant Rose tho

Mustang wtf you grilled that smokin babe,
Jun 28, 2021 9:22 AM

Jun 2021
holy crap!this episode is damm good:) it is hilarious and little bit confused me.

i did not read manga and watch original anime.
Dec 8, 2021 10:37 AM
Nov 2020
FMAB is so damn good, man
Feb 20, 2022 9:30 AM

Feb 2021
probably would've been sad if I didn't already know what happens, idk why that dude is suddenly being so helpful to Mustang since he's literally a serial killer
Feb 20, 2022 9:37 AM

Feb 2021
I say this a lot but I'm REALLY disappointed with Ed and Al. They have extremely creative and original backstories but their actual characterization is very one dimensional. We had a ton of fast paced eps in the beginning about finding the philosopher's stone because the plot was so anxious to get them moving and now it's like it doesn't give a fuck. It's like Ed and Al were just plot devices/catalysts for all this nonsensical political corruption to be revealed and they have little purpose now
May 6, 2022 4:37 PM
Apr 2022
Ross, accused of Hughes' assassination, is placed under military police custody and interrogated by Douglas. After reading a newspaper article about Ross's detention, Barry the Chopper leaves the safe house and launches a solo raid on the jail. Barry releases Ling from jail as well after Ling promises to help both Barry and
Ross. Barry tells Ross that she needs to leave
Central immediately, or risk being killed. Edward and Alphonse run into the trio, and Barry holds the brothers off to allow Ross time to get away.
Ross then runs into Mustang, who seemingly kills her in a massive explosion. Edward accosts
Mustang after seeing Ross' charred body, while
Mustang coldly reminds Edward of his place as a soldier of the state military. Armstrong later shows up and declares that Edward should return to Resembool to apparently have his automail arm fixed, dragging the confused Edward away.
Jul 9, 2022 10:02 PM

Apr 2018
Oh dang... Didn't expect that from Mustang... Part of me feels like he's hiding Ross somewhere with his alchemy.
Sep 18, 2022 7:57 PM
Aug 2021
Interesting twist
Oct 15, 2022 2:13 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty good episode
Followed the manga mostly .
removed two or three things I wished they would have added , but oh well.
Either way , this was mostly a " how and why " episode.
Showed why and how the brother came to be how they are.
with Ed seeing the Truth .
then Roy meeting the brothers
Ed vowing to take 1 year to recover and him consequently being able to transmute without Circles thanks to him having seen "IT" ( and Al not remembering).
And finally Ed's Exam to become a state alchemist , where he promtly attacked Bradly who told him he still doesn't know the world xD.
Thus showing how the fuhrur gave Ed an "ironic" name : the FullMetal Alchemist.

Next week , they goin' to Liore/Reole ~

oh , and the score was pretty darn awesome. Akira Senju delivers !!
Oct 16, 2022 12:14 AM
Jun 2022
--------------------
Apr 15, 2023 6:06 PM

Mar 2022
Well Maria got accused of murdering Lieutenant Hughes and was thrown in jail as a result. But luckily Barry the Chopper came to bust her out of prison along with Ling. Now as it comes to a "certain scene" and yes I'm aware people have made the conclusion that Maria is gone for good, I on the other hand am in the "she lives" camp, because think about it, that supposed death happened far too quickly to even gauge a reaction out of me, Mustang's acting surprisingly calm for somebody's who just "murdered" a colleague of his and plus when you take into account that Barry the Chopper of all things is working under the Colonel because of the fact he's forced to and the Colonel himself knew WHERE to find Maria in the alleyways and thus was able to block her path and get there first, he probably planned this from the start, told Maria to flee Central, fake the supposed execution and then fooled the people that accused her into thinking that he did kill her and thus make it easier for him to investigate further. Granted he's lost respect doing it but honestly I don't think he's turned into a bastard but more he's just trying to gain answers from the suspicious activities that have occurred quite recently from his point of view. Plus he's not a murderer, it's not in his nature to kill people even if it's just orders from the military. 

Anyways another great episode once again and I'm pretty sure the answers will present themselves in the next episode. For now I'm reserving my judgement on Roy until it's confirmed whether or not Maria got killed off or not.
Aug 31, 2023 4:19 AM
Jan 2022
For the sake of my own sanity I did do a google check up on Maria. Anyways very cool set up interested to see whats to come and why Alfonse is staying in central with Winry and Ed is being taken away, hopefully has nothing to do with the Fuhrer
Feb 1, 7:31 AM
Jan 2024
A great episode after a while. The only problem was the comedy but It was really good. Ithink Maria is alive and they are trying to get her out of country using Yao.
Mar 30, 12:25 AM

Jan 2021
I can't believe that Mustang would kill Maria just like that... I mean, for someone like Roy Mustang? To kill his subordinates just like that? No way... he probably deliberately created this situation so that the military would trust him and not suspect him... it's just that I'm quite impressed with his accuracy (meeting Maria at the right moment and already providing a replacement body).

But if he really killed Maria then I don't know what to feel... like, I can understand the reason but it's still unacceptable...

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.