Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 15, 2012 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
Argh, suchs for the son and wife. :(
Mar 30, 2012 8:56 PM

Dec 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:
Freaking intense. Zwei turned into a cold blooded beast and kill Tony's wife and son! Ms. McCunnen is also freaking hot and I think that she has a thing on Zwei.
Ein is probably getting jealous since Zwei always go to McCunnen's house.

Ditto.

Seconded.

Thirded? (if that's possible)

Fourthed... or something.

Zwei killing the wife and child like that sent a chill down my spine, this anime doesn't mess around.

Fifthed? lol i guess its to be expected with all the hints that the episode left that many people (including myself) would think this. Also dang... i mean i knew it was coming but that was cold blooded, it got to second for the chill, it really did send a chill when the kid innocently looked at Zwei after his mom died and everyone (except prolly him[the kid]) knew what was coming next.

Sixthed.
He really killed the kid.
It is rare to find a main character so cold.
Im loving this show.
Apr 2, 2012 5:00 PM

Mar 2011
Ms. McCunnen = HOT.....nuff said
Jun 23, 2012 1:04 PM

Mar 2011
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:
Freaking intense. Zwei turned into a cold blooded beast and kill Tony's wife and son! Ms. McCunnen is also freaking hot and I think that she has a thing on Zwei.

Ditto.

Seconded.

Zwei killing the wife and child like that sent a chill down my spine, this anime doesn't mess around.

Fifthed? lol i guess its to be expected with all the hints that the episode left that many people (including myself) would think this. Also dang... i mean i knew it was coming but that was cold blooded, it got to second for the chill, it really did send a chill when the kid innocently looked at Zwei after his mom died and everyone (except prolly him[the kid]) knew what was coming next.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Watching Zwei kill the mother and child was sad.
Jul 24, 2012 9:49 PM

Aug 2010
Damn, this was a pretty intense episode.
Aug 31, 2012 5:03 PM

Aug 2012
TowardsTheStars said:
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Eighthed lol
I love the soundtrack in this anime. Really fitting the visuals and the story. Great episode again. 4/5

Sep 8, 2012 8:34 PM

Sep 2012
Brutal.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Oct 11, 2012 4:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hyunckel said:
TowardsTheStars said:
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Eighthed lol
I love the soundtrack in this anime. Really fitting the visuals and the story. Great episode again. 4/5

Nineth.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 29, 2012 12:22 PM
Jul 2012
quote=Marzan]
Hyunckel said:
TowardsTheStars said:
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Eighthed lol

Nineth.
Tenth Really hated that Ms. McCunnen made Zwei to kill that child.
3/5
LegendGoldDarkOct 29, 2012 12:30 PM
Oct 29, 2012 1:53 PM

Mar 2010
GoldenBRS said:
Marzan said:
Hyunckel said:
TowardsTheStars said:
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Eighthed lol

Nineth.

3/5

Eleventhed just for the luls.

It really gave a dark undertone to the series. It was a bad act, but actually made me like the series even more.
Dec 23, 2012 1:26 PM

May 2011
This is what I want to see from a Seinen. As heart-wrenching as it was, this is sometimes reality.

I am in no way going to bash Zwei, he doesn't have a fucking choice. Also, you can tell he's not feeling anything when his eyes are dilated, that's the only way he can get through all of this; to become "Zwei" is the only way he can avoid the horrors of being "Zwei".

Oh yeah, Ms. McCunnen is brilliant. She's awesome at being playful (and hot!), then she's awesome at being a boss the next second. I hope she sticks around. Her bodyguard is pretty cool too.

5/5, please keep this pace up.
Jan 13, 2013 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Man, why do they always have to be next to a window? Don't they know windows are dangerous? D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 2, 2013 2:29 AM

May 2012
Why inferno want the wife and son to be killed ? What do they achieve by doing this ?

I used to like Zwei, but now I hate him. He killed a child and innocent mother with a cool blood.
Mar 1, 2013 2:18 AM

May 2011
Wow people still wondering why Zwei killed the mother and child?... Uh HELLO... HE'S BRAINWASHED!

Inferno simply gave Tony a decision/test

What is more important to you?

Melanie Square or your family?

Tony chose Melanie Square, so therefore Melanie Square was more important than his family and payed the utter price.

Apr 17, 2013 4:31 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DarkShards said:
Man, why do they always have to be next to a window? Don't they know windows are dangerous? D=.

I know right. It took all of those guard awhile too figure out there's a sniper. I would've tried to hide behind something after the first two people were shot down instead of just standing there and looking around, shocked. Of course the other side would be prepared to fight back too. Tony was a little too confident about how things would turn out. Zwei and his eyes. Definitely looked scary at the end...his eyes are as lifeless Ein, instead they look like the eyes of a killing machine (not that I know what that looks like..but I would think it looks like Zwei's).
Nov 2, 2013 4:53 AM
Nov 2013
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE SOMEONE WHO HAS LOST EVERYTHING!

The way they handled the deal was just weird. Tony can turn into a monster now. Unfortunately I don't think this will be brought up again in the stories.

The shooting of the mother and child was psychologically intense. This series just gets better.

I sense something bad is going to happen between the assassins soon...
Nov 4, 2013 7:27 PM
Nov 2011
Wow that was so cold so so cold, really good anime so makes time fly for me so that shows how in tune to it an how much I am enjoying the anime so far,
now tony has nothing to lose don't underestimate him
Dec 7, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode, just awesome... the atmosphere.. I am speechless. Great one!
Jan 8, 2014 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
That was some cold-blooded shit. To kill a mother and a child... Zwei eyes were weird. It looked like he was on hypnosis. Maybe it's just a self-defense to fell no remorse.

But I don't think that their real goal was the Madison Square or whatever it was named. They wouldn't have left him alive if it was. I think their real goal was to show the entire mafia that if someone refused them something, they are ready to go as far as to kill every member of their family. It wasn't about the prize, it was about the message. That ensure that the next family might not do the same error.

That blond girl definitely have some interrest on Zwei. And by interrest, I mean sexual interrest :P
ยซTime is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.ยป
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 17, 2014 12:16 AM
Oct 2013
so far i feel like ein and zwei have been actin like little b!$##s brain washed or not. Im hoping he uses his training and turns against inferno
Fear is freedom!
Subjugation is liberation!
Contradiction is truth!
These are the truths of this world!
Surrender to those truths,
you pigs in human in human clothing!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Jan 19, 2014 7:04 PM

Jun 2010
I appreciate that Zwei actually killed the wife and child, but it really tried way too hard to make the mob boss likable and as with every episode so far, it's kind of slow and doesn't really have that much going on.
Jan 26, 2014 3:50 AM

Jul 2013
that Claudia is one smokin hot babe..

Zwei killed a mother and her child.. well I kind of expecting that
Mar 27, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2012
Oh wow that ending! That sure was fucked up but totally awesome! The amount of feel put into that was certainly epic!
Apr 19, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2012
damn that was ruthless o_o
that OST made that scene all the more powerful

Apr 20, 2014 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
oh god.. this really broke my limit. :'0
whyyyyy ? that child.... was smiling... didn't know shit even when his mom was murdered in front of him.
I can feel you Zwei.. that was ruthless.
Hmmm.. well I have to admit Claudia is really the woman. *thumbs up*
May 8, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
ahxiian said:
oh god.. this really broke my limit. :'0
whyyyyy ? that child.... was smiling... didn't know shit even when his mom was murdered in front of him.
I can feel you Zwei.. that was ruthless.

That scene was brutal. The OST made it even more chilling. I was expecting Zwei to be waiting in the room for the farther and then kill him too but I guess not.

Claudia is one deceiving women. I don't rust her. She saw Zwei like that and didn't even bat an eyelid. Is she tougher than Ein or something?
Jun 23, 2014 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
So he killed a mother and son this time, fucking intense. Did zwei and MCcunnen had sex in the last scene? hugging and then turning off the lights is kinda suggestive.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 8, 2014 8:03 PM

Apr 2014
bam, sold his soul.
Jul 10, 2014 12:14 AM

Oct 2013
holy dam
Intense episode
I sense jealousy building of Ein over Zwei and how he's being treated even though she was the first and his personal trainer
Kind of messed up on how the child and mother had to die but I guess thats what makes this show a little more mature and not some shounen
blond lady wants the D
[/quote]
Jul 24, 2014 12:08 AM

Jun 2013
Dang, he shot the kid! He became one cold mofo.
Mafia dude only has himself to blame for this. Inferno warned him and hinted a few times that they would go after his family if he didn't get off his high horse.
Feb 3, 2015 8:58 AM
Aug 2014
Let's hold this meeting where I'm planning to kill representatives of a powerful organization known as Inferno in a room without bulletproof glass facing an empty building. That's some smart thinking there.
Jul 25, 2015 6:27 AM

May 2014
This is so intense! Up to now the only thing I dislike is Ein's hairstyle and the ED song.

Lorezhno said:
Let's hold this meeting where I'm planning to kill representatives of a powerful organization known as Inferno in a room without bulletproof glass facing an empty building. That's some smart thinking there.
Well, they did said that the sniper was too far so apparently they took the sniper situation into consideration. It's just that Ein was too OP for them.
Nov 1, 2015 11:48 PM

Sep 2011
I'm a terrible person, I was thinking "I hope that kid dies" the whole episode.

Hibiki07 said:
Lorezhno said:
Well, they did said that the sniper was too far so apparently they took the sniper situation into consideration. It's just that Ein was too OP for them.

They were careless nevertheless.
Jan 8, 2016 8:53 AM

Sep 2015
Well, I didn't expect Zwei would be able to kill that kid as well. Holy s#!t.
Jan 20, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
I actually didn't like this episode at all. It just had nothing of quality and instead relied solely on shock factor. After episode four I was hoping this series was getting better, but now I'm considering dropping it again.

Production values are clearly top notch, but plot and character wise I'v seen it all done before, and done better. The dark setting, the relationship between Ein and Zwei, the music,.. it all feels cliché, forced, and in your face. There's nothing subtle about it, nothing left for the viewer to discern or interpret.

Maybe I'll just watch episode 25-26 to see the ending everyone is going on about.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 16, 2016 3:52 AM

Mar 2012
How I'm I not surprised that he went through with the assassinations. The lack of willpower is mind boggling.

As for the sniping scene, why did they all just stand there like idiots instead of getting away from the window after the first guys got shot? Also, how the hell did Claudia escape if she was still stuck behind the brick wall in the same room as Tony and the other guy? Come on now >_>
Apr 3, 2016 4:09 PM
Jul 2014
Wow, that was brutal!!! For a moment I thought he'll spare the child...Obviously, there's nothing human left inside Zwei, I wonder how that will influence the relationship with Ein?!
Aug 8, 2016 4:28 AM

Jul 2008
When you can look a kid in the eye, shoot his mom and then shoot him, yeah you're officially gone.
Nov 25, 2016 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Zwei aiming at himself in the mirror...
Dec 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
This episode was phenomenal! I was on the edge of my seat trough the entire thing, now only the rest of them can keep this level of quality... but I doubt it.
Jul 4, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2015
Kill the baby! KILL HIM!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2018 12:50 PM

Aug 2014
Holy shit..part me of wanted Zwei's human side to win in the end, but I guess this is the way it has to go. I hope Zwei can "come back" and not turn into a killing machine.
I feel sorry for the wife and child, it was Tony's fault they got killed. She warned him that his family was in danger but he refused to back down. What a moron..
The way Eva tried to grab her child's foot before she died was heart breaking. Eva was very beautiful as well. Such a shame..
Apr 20, 2018 12:54 AM

May 2016
Poor child that guy doesn't mess around when he gets those cold eyes.
Oct 25, 2018 12:17 PM

Dec 2017
Lylaaz said:
GoldenBRS said:

3/5

Eleventhed just for the luls.

It really gave a dark undertone to the series. It was a bad act, but actually made me like the series even more.

twelvthed 6 years later
Dec 30, 2018 7:32 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Seeing the child killed was sad, but I feel like it was for the better since the child would probably become a potential dangerous enemy when he grows up if he was spared.
Jul 17, 2019 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
This was the first time Zwei's eyes didn't return to normal after a kill. Please, let it be only temporary.
Sep 23, 2019 10:12 AM
Aug 2019
Megacchi said:
Ms. McCunnen = HOT.....nuff said
I still think she seduced Zwei.
Feb 21, 2020 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
Dunno what to think about this one. On one hand we got an effective albeit cheap thrill, but I dunno what's the point of turning Tony into a madman, there were probably better options for Inferno to get what they want.

I just hope the next episode is going to pick up where this one left off.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2020 12:28 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I cannot think how long it's been since an anime shocked me to the core but that final scene SHOCKED ME TO THE CORE! I've seen a lot of "Melodramatic" anime, gorey anime, cute girls murdering each other, etc but this....THAT scene, and you all know which one I'm talking about, has....wow. I'm not going to even criticise their decision to do it, because I honestly expected him to catch her alive and raise her to be a killer. I really didn't expect him to kill her. So kudos for that rare "I didn't see that coming" moment in anime.
Jun 24, 2022 8:17 AM

Jul 2017
You could tell when Zwei locked eyes with the child at the amusement part that some part of him didnt like the prospect of what he was assigned to do. In the end though, after a slight pause, he ended up completing the deed. That whole scene with the haunting music and the moonlight drifting through the windows sent a shiver down my spine.

When Zwei returned to Claudia he looked completely empty inside, which i think is what the change in his eyes signifies. Its shows his mental shift or persona that he needs to take on in order to kill without remorse.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

631 by _RushBee_ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nayrael - Aug 13, 2009

272 by TankerNejla »»
Apr 29, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.