Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Descending Stories
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 26, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
So the history repeats itself, woah that was a sad one.
Oct 30, 2016 10:18 PM

Oct 2012
Interestingly enough
The one that became Yakumo isn't Sukeroku, again..

Shinigami rakugo is pretty.. well scary I guess?
His voice is kinda creepy I must say.. That's pretty impressive
I like that rakugo xD

Shin gave up on rakugo for good, but taught his child instead?
"Signature removed"
Jan 1, 2017 12:11 PM

May 2015
Kiku shinigami perf. was scary as hell :O

Master you should know that karma is bitch. See - you are dead now.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 6, 2017 2:25 AM
Sep 2015
am i the only one who noticed, that this episodes op is a bit different? miyokichis hair dont change to white, when she becomes to sink. i wonder whats the meaning behind this :thinking:
Mar 13, 2017 8:36 AM

Dec 2014
damn the level of persistence and revenge...

I mean ignoring the fact of recognizing the name of his former opponent(that the reason for being called a opponent has its own story)

then again to seek revenge of someone who is not even responsible for it..by forcing his name onto a different person..ignoring other important aspects like talent and dedication. So, much for pride.

And now the only survivor looks his current situation as something he longed for. The solitude one will end up with if one walks on similar path(career > everything else) this logic did hit me harder for the fact it seems so realistic and inescapable.

I am impressed by the creators to bring this subject upfront.

Mar 22, 2017 10:56 AM

Jul 2016
Long story short: 7th Generation passed away, revealing a rather shocking plot twist concerning how HE got his name and the old man Sukeroku (Yeah, remember him? The old man who inspired Bon, the current Sukeroku)

And it doesn't stop there. We finally get to see Kikuhiko perform his magnum oppus (To his current disciple at least) 'Shinigami'. When I saw the performance, I was sucked in. This is the first time the show gave us a rakugo based on black humor. The way how he fell was a rather silly on my part, but I couldn't help but give a rounding applause. It was great, authentic and sticks to the kind of rakugo Kikuhiko has been searching for his whole life.

And just when you thought it was over, he managed to reach a village in the middle of nowhere(?) and surely enough, finds a little girl doing rakugo. That's when he knew, that he was on the right track and Bon is here. Notice how his right eye twitched at the girl's name.

Attention to detail - makes you smarter every time you catch it.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Apr 6, 2017 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
That Shinigami performance gave me goosebumps.
May 1, 2017 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
Now that I think about it, their kid is a redhead yet both Shin and Miyo have black hair. Definitely not his kid ;)
Jul 26, 2017 11:12 PM

Apr 2015
Literally on his death bed, the master confesses that Shin should have the 8th Generation title. Well, where the hell is Shin to take it?! Oh yeah, the crazy geisha bitch...

Rakugo performers seem to differ from traditional performers today. I doubt most entertainers today would do a story about death to an audience that just attended a tragic funeral the day before.

Shin's kid is doing rakugo! Impressive...wouldn't he be only five years old at this time?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 8, 2018 4:50 AM

Jun 2016
That reveal, though. Yakumo-san's rival back then was old Sakurako who had a tragic backstory after losing to his rival and yeah that rival was old Sakurako himself. FUck.

RIP, old man.

I think that was the first time I saw Bon performing a horror/suspense/thriller rakugo. And holy shit it was so goooood.

Bon decided to look for Shin and Miyokochi. Gaaaah. Little Konatsuuuuuuuuu!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 27, 2018 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
The music at he climax of the rakugo performance of Yakumo's master gave me the chills, really well done to represent the situation, their conversation was also really good.

Year passed, and now with his master dead, and Sukeroku and Miyokichi having left the city, Yakumo is alone in this world of Rakugo, this is what his decisions lead to.

Time to see what happens with the visit, looks like he found smol Konatsu there!
Apr 6, 2019 4:43 PM
Oct 2018
Konatsu is super boyish haha
Apr 12, 2019 4:08 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, he did Shinigami after the death of his master, that's something not many could do.
May 27, 2019 7:55 PM

Sep 2017
This was such a sad episode. Yakumo's master finally passed away. I imagine rakugo is demanding on the body, so I can see his master passing away out of exhaustion like that, especially when doing challenging works. We finally meet Konatsu, and I love that she is doing good rakugo at such a young age. Her style definitely reminds me of Sukeroku. At this point, I'm only left with a few questions. Has Sukeroku given up rakugo himself? When will he pass away (and how)? When will Yakumo take the Yakumo title? I'm sure these questions will get answered in the coming episodes, but I'm quite curious right now.
Dec 16, 2019 5:36 PM

Nov 2016
Yakumos confession before his death, Bon's performance, oh man, this was another episode brimming with emotions.

And I like young Konatsu(too), she really comes after her dad, so cute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2020 9:57 AM
Apr 2016
Kiku embraced solitude and lived only by rakugo, whereas Sukeroku abandoned rakugo (in a way) and had a family... KONATSU!
Jun 15, 2020 3:02 PM

Mar 2019
Damn,yakumo died. His "last" show was horrifying.I got so scared for no reason when he finished it,but I kinda hate him.I miss Sukeroku :(
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 29, 2020 9:40 PM

Sep 2018
In the end, he's alone. That's why if you pursue something, make sure you love what you're doing so in the end, you won't regret it.

So many years have passed, Konatsu can story tell now!
Jan 5, 2021 4:45 PM

Jul 2017
My god this episode was so great, especially Kikuhiko's shinigami rakugo performance just after his master passed away + the conversation he and Yakumo had before the Yakumo's passing was melancholic too, especially for Shin given how he was regardless forced out in a harsh manner despite having better rakugo potential than Kikuhiko, kind of like how the master cheated his way into the title and leaving Shin's master high to dry. Shin's side really is just a whole tragic tale innit. At least the kid version of Konatsu reciting rakugo at the time was really adorable to watch, definitely suspect though about how Miyokichi would feel about her daughter doing rakugo given how she hated rakugo in the first place.
Oct 13, 2021 1:42 AM
Aug 2021
The Yakumo has passed away. The moments after his last performance were rather intense.

Kikuhiko's performance was amazing! I've definitely read that story about the doctor before, but I forgot the name.

So Yakumo was learning alongside Sukeroku, the same dude who took care of Shin. And even he was cast out just like Shin was:(
Young Konatsu's quite adorable and she's just as energetic as Shin.
Dec 31, 2021 11:54 AM

Dec 2012
The way Kiku reveled in his performance was truly a work of art. He's finally discovered his style of rakugo through self-serving solitude. It's somewhat pitiable to see what he's abandoned to make it to that point, but I'm in awe at how his character has developed up to this point. His words to that aspiring apprentice were spot on and conveyed his cynicism towards rakugo: "A respectable young man like you has no place in a vulgar trade like the arts."
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2016

262 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Feb 14, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

110 by itsagibbousmoon »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:15 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

196 by Abdullla_aah »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

203 by Shikkakku »»
May 2, 2023 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

134 by Shikkakku »»
May 1, 2023 7:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.