Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 10, 2015 3:16 AM

Nov 2011
I think this ep was a good change of pace, but too late for me to change my opinion of the show.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 10, 2015 4:15 AM

Sep 2007
DORAMA

That Ichinose dude is kind of a dickhole.
Sep 10, 2015 5:10 AM

Mar 2014
Lmao what a sunovabetch

Eat shit Ichinose
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 10, 2015 6:01 AM

Aug 2010
I'm surprised by how many people are taking this seriously. It's obvious what will happen. Ichinose is just a hilarious loser who's gonna get REKT and rejected. I'm kinda disappointed in Takeo this ep. Kinda understandable thinking he's not the best one in the world for Rinko but he should know by now their OTP bond is stronger than some hobbies <_<
Sep 10, 2015 6:13 AM

Jun 2010
Ore Netoraregatari coming right up (ToT).
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 10, 2015 6:15 AM

May 2011
Read that some of you guys found it cliche and cheesy. However for me, I actually like this episode a lot, and most probably even the next/last episode IMO. After all, it's not like as if Ore Monogatari overuse this 'love triangle' element. In this whole season there's probably only like 6 episode that's going to have this 'love triangle' thingy (two from Mariya and two from Ai's arc). Also, what's romance without this type of cliche conflict? Well I probably can't really think or list much else. However I do want to mention that these sentences that you've just read comes from someone who hardly watch or enjoys romance genre sooooooo yeah may be invalid.

Aaaaaanyway lots of funny moments hahaha I'm surprise that I'm enjoying this series because I probably used to shun away from silly comedies like this hehe. Can't wait for the next episode to nicely wrap up this series.
Sep 10, 2015 6:45 AM

Jun 2013
i don't like the new dude he's a jerk
AxelucardSep 10, 2015 7:19 AM
Sep 10, 2015 7:42 AM
Nov 2014
Seriously ? The series is already nearing its end and they decided to add a rival character in the penultimate episode just for the sake of creating a drama ? smh.
Sep 10, 2015 7:42 AM

Oct 2008
Omg I love the new guy, his inner thoughts are hilarious and Fukujun is never not a plus.
Sep 10, 2015 8:19 AM

Sep 2014
A good way to end the episode. But man, it's really sad to know that the Anime'll end next week. It's been a great ride. :/
Sep 10, 2015 8:33 AM
Jul 2009
who is Ichinose voiced by? he sounds familiar and good
Sep 10, 2015 8:41 AM

Sep 2013
WTF?! Takeo should have bodyslammed his ass into the river :(

The guy will obviously not be a serious love contender, this is more about Takeo's kindness and he nees to overcome it a little.

Season 2 is possible, maybe after a year or 2.
The TV ratings are great after all.
Sep 10, 2015 8:52 AM

Jul 2011
juicykitten95 said:
"pls brake up with her cuz i am a better fit" also the dude is a pedo
LMAO

no he's not, that's japan.

anyway talk about narcissistic characters...

also i feel like the author is the kind of person that gets too attached to the lover when falls in love, meaning he/she might have stalking tendencies(as shown by the stalker girl and the way takeo acted in this episode)
Sep 10, 2015 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
Don't realy like direction it's going with the introduction of Ichinose ..
Sep 10, 2015 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
Another arrogant guy voiced by Fukuyama Jun this season. It was really fun to watch him :D

But he came off as rude to Takeo. Felt quite bad for the poor guy tbh.
Putting others' feelings before his own sounds so like him. I'd love to have a friend like that irl too tho :D

Sunakawa wearing a cap, that was something new in this ep XD
Sep 10, 2015 10:07 AM

Aug 2011
Damnit... not this shit again. I guess that's Japan for you.

Yay... now to wait a whole 2 weeks. <_<
Sep 10, 2015 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
Why did they do this one episode before the end?
STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID ICHINOSE!

But I'm sure it'll all work out and Yamato and Takeo will stay together FOREVER

Sep 10, 2015 11:00 AM

May 2014
This anime is about Takeo x Yamato. It isn't a drama manga/anime, but they need to have some kind of strife to give it some depth. Of course Ep 24 will show Takeo standing up for Yamato and Yamato saying that there is no one better for her than Takeo. I'm glad this series is more slice of life, need more romance like this.
Sep 10, 2015 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
Probably the most interesting episode in a while, and that is not saying a lot to be honest.. It would be interesting if they actually do break up and we end up getting a sad ending to this otherwise superfluously happy series. That would be quite the twist.

Sep 10, 2015 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
nuuuuuuu misunderstanding ;A;
But the other guy is more handsome and talented..... LOL SUCH DIFFICULT CHOICES.

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Sep 10, 2015 11:38 AM

May 2015
Damn, first time I've been pissed at the end of an episode of this entire series, poor Takeo..
Sep 10, 2015 12:16 PM

May 2010
Here comes netorare people. You know what? I should have never bothered with Ore Monogatari forums. Every week, there's always some topic which annoys the hell out of me.

Ichinose is a fun guy but arrogant and kinda rude as well. Not a bad guy though. If this story was about him and Yamato solely, I would have shipped them. As that's not the case, I am not going to. Yamato x Takeo's love for each other is too strong anyways (no, I don't ship them but I do admit their love for each other)
Sep 10, 2015 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
Figured this scenario would pop up. Well, it's a good way to set up for the finale, so whatever. It'll end with Takeo gaining more confidence in himself.
Sep 10, 2015 12:54 PM

Jul 2011
i just can't see how anyone would be able to see ichinose as "a decente guy and good character" he's extremely arrogant and narcissistic, celf centered and a boaster, while he might be a realistic character, i just want to remind everyone the he just has gona up to the boyfriend of the girl he likes saying "i'm better than you and more fit to her as a boyfriend", sure, kudos for the courage in doing that with takeo, but that's just because he is too much full of himself and that actually makes me hate him even more.
Sep 10, 2015 1:20 PM

Nov 2010
I didn't expect a love rival to Takeo going into the finale
It was very weak
Sep 10, 2015 2:27 PM

Aug 2014
I actually thought that episode 23 was going to be about Ai finally moving on from Takeo and with the hope of giving a chance to the guy that was chasing her.

I thought this anime was done with the love challenge stuff, specially since the two of them have already kissed. Shame its taking this route to close out the anime. And its even more of a shame that Rinko will not even know that that guy likes her, so it will all be a waste of time.
Sep 10, 2015 3:10 PM
Aug 2011
I really liked this episode. Finally we can see Takeo feeling something not "heroic", like jealousy and insecurity. It feels really natural for him to feel insecure about it, because although he listens to Yamato's passionate talking about cakes, he can't really contribute anything and obviously feels inferior.

That Ichinose guy doesn't actually love Yamato. He idealises her, sees her as his "muse", and when he tells Takeo to break up with her he doesn't really care what's better for her, but only what's better for him ("I need her"). Takeo sees Yamato more as the person she is. But he does have some valid points there, though it doesn't make him a more suitable partner for her.

On a side note, I love Suna being called Makoto. The name really suits him.
Sep 10, 2015 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
Earth_General said:
Everyone's talking about how they hate the chef but can you really blame him the whole ep. Yamato was leading him on even if wasn't intential when she says she'll buy the remaining treats she doesn't mention she'll eat them with takeo

Why wouldn't she say had a bf right there no reason to hide it. She only mentions it after he fell for her when it's to late. Not to mention she known him for what 2 days? And it's fine to call her by her 1st name? Didn't she meet takeo later the same day? Wouldn't she realize that takeo still calls her last name and asked to be called that? I think she's more at fault then any of the boys.

Not sure why no one else sees this, but I have to agree with you here. Yamato had no reason to initially hide the fact that she had a boyfriend to anyone. She's a part-timer, and the youngest of the bunch. It's not like letting people know that she's taken from the off would affect their opinion of her much. Knowing her personality, she probably didn't do it on purpose, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that she did it.
I know she's young and all that, but if she really cared so much for Takeo's well-being, she should be conscious of the real fact of external third-parties might try to butt their way into their relationship (like the girls who she suspected liked Takeo previously). If you're mature enough to date exclusively, then you should be mature enough to know to look out for the other person's feelings and well-being in a relationship.

Knew someone that did stuff like that, sent mixed signals to her older coworkers, never admitting she was taken. Tried to brush it off as nothing when with her guy, but the truth was everyone and their uncle could see she was doing it on purpose (i.e. gold digger). Ended up getting her arse dumped first, but truth came out that she was being shady with a colleague from work even when she was with her guy.

Whilst I can understand Takeo's inferiority complex, it's a damn shame that he himself doesn't see that he and Ichinose are at different points in life, and he really shouldn't be making comparisons between them.

With the story about the dog, I would probably be worried about how this ends, considering Ichinose isn't exactly a manipulative, certified asshole.... buuuut, since I've already read past this in the manga... I'll shut up :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 10, 2015 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
If Yamato was the type of person that cared about the types of things that Ichinose thinks she should, she wouldn't be dating Takeo in the first place.
Sep 11, 2015 12:49 AM

Sep 2012
if there's a NTR doujins of this gonna read it. Well played ichinose

Sep 11, 2015 12:59 AM

Dec 2012
This ending was very sad, poor Takeo. But I almost sure things will go better in the next episode. It's too bad to finish with a predictable episode. Whatever, I hope there will be a second season, I can't be bored of this anime.
Sep 11, 2015 1:45 AM

Jan 2011
actually didn't think we were gonna get this type of development mainly because i thought the series would be over this season so i guess it continues? doubt there would be much left for them to cover but i really do want one more season!.
Sep 11, 2015 1:55 AM

Dec 2013
Ugh felt like smacking my head against the wall with this episode. Thankfully only one more episode to go!
Sep 11, 2015 2:25 AM

Aug 2013
I did truly enjoy episode 23. One week left and then it's already over..

Well, maybe there will be a season 2.. who knows.. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2015 3:37 AM
Dec 2009
TragicRomance said:
Ichinose is a fun guy but arrogant and kinda rude as well. Not a bad guy though. If this story was about him and Yamato solely, I would have shipped them. As that's not the case, I am not going to. Yamato x Takeo's love for each other is too strong anyways (no, I don't ship them but I do admit their love for each other)

Yeah, I think if the story was just about Yamato and Ichinose a lot of people would be shipping them. He's arrogant and rude and doesn't really "know how to love" yet but he reminds me of the main guys in a lot of shoujo anime and drama stories (Hana Yori Dango-style).

L-Ryoshi said:
Earth_General said:
Everyone's talking about how they hate the chef but can you really blame him the whole ep. Yamato was leading him on even if wasn't intential.

Not sure why no one else sees this, but I have to agree with you here. Yamato had no reason to initially hide the fact that she had a boyfriend to anyone. She's a part-timer, and the youngest of the bunch. It's not like letting people know that she's taken from the off would affect their opinion of her much. Knowing her personality, she probably didn't do it on purpose, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that she did it.

I agree with you guys, I think she should have been more open and mentioned her boyfriend. I'm not sure what timing would have been good but with all those other girl coworkers I can't believe no one ever gossiped about romance...

Also I've noticed a lot of people in Japan don't mention they are dating or have boyfriends/girlfriends at work. Some don't even mention if they're married. It's not that they're trying to hide it, they just don't share unless asked. That's just my experience though, can't be sure it reflects the whole culture or this anime episode, haha.
Sep 11, 2015 5:08 AM

Aug 2015
That guy made lol. Who asks someone to brake up with their girlfriend.
Sep 11, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2012
I figured it was bound to happen. At least one of them would start dwelling on the idea that someone might be "better suited" for the other... I'm interested in how it'll play out, seeing as there's only one episode to go.
Sep 11, 2015 11:43 AM

Sep 2011
What the fuck. The only solution on this is to trust your lover. Can't he just see how much she loves him?

Sep 11, 2015 6:17 PM

Sep 2013
This Ichinose guy does have a point thou.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misattribution_of_arousal

It's good for Takeo's conscious if they get that out of the way.
And Takeo is only 16 right? very realistic :(
Sep 11, 2015 6:43 PM

Dec 2010
They just had to include one of the most cliche situations in a rom-com, eh?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2015 9:46 PM

Oct 2013
Ichinose really needs to get laid.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 11, 2015 9:49 PM

Jan 2014
weird
Sep 12, 2015 2:26 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, as much as I always hope for ntr or some sort of cuck happenings this is one show where I actually dont want any
Sep 12, 2015 4:06 AM

Jun 2008
ThreePointer said:
I am so mad right now. F this guy. I love this show but F this guy.
BRB going to flip the nearest table I can find.

^same. That broke my heart...
Sep 12, 2015 6:09 AM

May 2012
I liked Ichinose. He is the first guy who isn't afraid of Takeo, and I liked how he was honest about wanting Yamato. And how he changed when he got inspired by her.

And it doesn't means I ship Ichinose x Yamato, it just means I liked him as a character. He is not a bad guy, he just need to have someone who makes him believe in himself.

Maybe he could be with Yukika Amami.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Sep 12, 2015 9:49 AM

Oct 2014
I really liked Ichinose, he's funny as other FukuJun's characters xD
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Sep 12, 2015 1:08 PM
Nov 2012
Iizbakaokay said:
In a nutshell, this had much more drama than I had anticipated. Well, if they are gonna end up the series ( 1 ep left) , probably the standard shoujp route "they-live-happily-ever-after" is going to be chosen. Well.. let us wait and watch .. the last episode will be delayed though :(
~~
The comedy part was nice this episode too :D
Postbox Takeo stalking Yamato cracked me up

~~
The scene that made me laugh out loud was Suna following Ichinose's line of sight :v

Those scenes made me laugh too. It felt very natural in terms of comedy and thoughts. This anime is amazing. I liked the short scenes at the beach too where Takeo was with Suna just contemplating how he should feel and what he should do. I can say that I did the same thing with my best friend when it came to women in the past.
Sep 12, 2015 2:36 PM
Jul 2015
I feel like in this anime there are absolutely no characters you can hate like even if they're the rival or something you still can't be mad at them.
Sep 12, 2015 3:30 PM

Sep 2015
kurokage9 said:
I feel like in this anime there are absolutely no characters you can hate like even if they're the rival or something you still can't be mad at them.

That's actually one of the things I really like about it. There are romances out there that deal with some really serious stuff (like Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Honey & Clover, etc..) but this one has a really lighthearted feel even during the more serious moments because you can easily see that the characters are NEVER going to break up, ever. They're going to grow to be geriatrics together, period. In that same vein, none of the side-characters have to be seriously mean or cruel (except "the groper", so Takeo could hit him)- it would only serve to bring the atmosphere of the show down closer to reality, which would defeat the purpose.

That's part of the appeal really- a lot of positive happy uplifting/romantic stuff without the heart-clenching pain of things going seriously wrong. It's a bit childish, immature, and most of all crazy-optimistic- there's very little seriously dramatic drama. Nothing at all wrong with that though, IMO.
Sep 12, 2015 5:48 PM
Aug 2015
No... why do they put this so late into the show?! Fight for her, Takeo!!!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

257 by syroll »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

375 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 12, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

161 by zibus »»
Feb 25, 10:27 PM

» How can they have sex? ( 1 2 3 )

ichii_1 - Apr 29, 2015

116 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

324 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 5:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.