Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 13, 2013 6:20 AM

Jun 2012
Nayrael said:
Cratex said:
Not sure how I feel about this episode. On one level I accept that Mahiro was trying to help a friend, but the hurt he was causing Nyaruko, and he KNEW it was hurting her, was unacceptable. And hell, man, what's with that half-assed response to Nyaruko?

I used to defend Mahiro, but as of now I don't think that there is anything left to defend.

What should he have done? Screwed up the act, ending in Kuuko being forced to leave, marry someone she doesn't love and live in misery while he and Nyarko enjoy their time in Disneyland?

And what about the response? He should have lied to her about loving her? Telling someone you love her when you don't won't end well.
It is not like he was an ass to her in this episode. She knew how important this whole charade is and expected her to understand that. And he didn't ignore her but asked Hasta to cheer her up while he goes with the plan and gave his best to make her feel better without lying to her.

linchpin said:
Totally agree. Mahiro's a dishonest asshole and even tears falling on his face don't make much of an impression on him!

Seemingly telling a girl you don't love that you love her is today called honesty.
He doesn't love her. He will no doubt start liking her in future, but right now he doesn't love her. Do I need to put that in bold text again?
His primary goal was to protect a friend of his and he, naturally, expected her to understand that (after all, Nyarko and Kuuko are childhood friends... a friend Nyarko seems to not care about). When it brought her down, he sent Hasta to cheer her up (he couldn't go because the act would have been over). When she asked him about his feelings, he gave her an honest answer and answered in a way that cheered her up.

But I guess he should have discarded Kuuko and lied to Nyarko about his feelings just to keep Princess Nyarko happy.
I don't know how you guys would call it, but I'd call that Dishonest Asshole.

There was an asshole in this episode, and her name was Nyarko. She KNEW this was an act and she knew it was for Kuuko's, her childhood friend's, well-being.
Yet not only did she endanger that childhood friend of hers (hell, she even seems to support teh charade because Mahiro said so, not because Kuuko is her friend) but she even started accusing that friend for wanting to steal her crush. You don't see Hasta, who also has a crush on Mahiro, act like that.
Mahiro knew Kuuko for a short while but without a second thought he protected her. Nyarko knew Kuuko for her entire life, yet the only thing she saw was an enemy.

And it really, REALLY baffles me that people think she is the Innocent Princess while Mahiro, who gave his best both her and Kuuko in this ep, is a villain because he made her cry (which was honestly her fault: he told her time and time again this was nothing more than an act)... and because he didn't lie to her about what she means to him.

Nyaruko is my favorite in the show, and even one of my extended favourties overall; but I agree with this post. I've said it numerous times before, but the level of hate Mahiro gets is completely unreasonable.
May 13, 2013 6:52 AM

Aug 2012
Death Note reference...
May 13, 2013 6:57 AM

Jan 2013
Man some of the comments bashing Mashiro are so face palm worthy. It's like they forgot what Mahiro said in episode 5 in the shower scene and every other episode where he doesn't out right kick them out just as he said in this episode.

It's like mostly everything Mahiro has said and done is ignored. How stupid is that? I wonder do some of them just watch anime for the sake of it and not see the character development that's being seen? C'mon!

Nyaruko has come along way despite being aggressive in her pursuit towards Mahiro-san. Think back in S1 how far he's gone from out right rejecting her knowing full well that cute Nyaruko might be a disguise and him saving his sanity to now saying "I don't hate you" while she's on top of him and being more concerned for her. He didn't push her off the bed during that scene. I'm wondering if some rather have Mahiro lie to Nyaruko-chan about his feelings then being honest, if you rather have that I pity you. How 'bout actually listening to Mahiro instead of your lusts.
May 13, 2013 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Stake rich in quotations, I share the opinion expressed by many about being funny and serious, too good to see for a number game from the tone, referring to the conversation between Mahiro and Nyarko. Draw a little rough sometimes, but not enough to be ugly, good episode, but prefer a bit more of comedy!
May 13, 2013 11:10 AM

Dec 2011
lol with Kuroko's references xD
btw, Kuuko definitely best girl of the series <3
May 13, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
My love for kuuko is too much!!

May 13, 2013 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
radle said:
Man some of the comments bashing Mashiro are so face palm worthy.

Those comments were driving me insane.
I've tolerated Nyaruko and I've been eager to see character development/progress with her, but the boundaries she pushes in almost every single episode makes me feel a little embarrassed for her and makes me cringe. I don't DISLIKE Nyaruko, just some of the things she does is a little out of line like most people mentioned already. (︶︹︺)
May 13, 2013 1:59 PM

Nov 2009
Quite a dramatic and fun episode!!!

The first part was brilliant with Mahiro and Kuuko date with various scenes at the bookstore, ice-cream and walking down town together was pretty decent. The second part was pretty dramatic in my opinion and you could really feel for Nyaruko trying to tell Mahiro honestly how she feels so just can't help but feel for her there. Everything turned out be a success with them made up and Kuune-san seems to be locked in the meta field. Good ED song for Nyaruko!!

Looking forward to the swimming episode!!

5/5

May 13, 2013 3:26 PM

Jul 2010
Cyuunibyou, Index and Death Note just within the first 6 minutes. Is that a new record?

That confession scene was pretty long. Mahiro still hasn't given her a proper answer, but it's a start.

May 13, 2013 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
Nice serious confession scene. But Mahiro is such a lame main character, and this anime as a whole is pretty shitty so I wasn't expecting any actual development. And there wasn't any.It would be unheard of for a couple to get together in the middle of a season. Which it shouldn't be so rare. It sucks really, never trying anything new. Same old same old.
May 13, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2011
I see ....
So all this time we've been deceived...
BUT NOW
The truth.....
Is uncovered.....

KUROKO WAS KUUKO AND MAHIRO'S CHILD ALL THIS TIME AND WE DIDN'T KNEW . DX
May 13, 2013 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
I think kuuko just looks like pico in the beginning of episode

"kimochiiii?"

and for Kuroko, no wonder why shantak reacted :D
May 13, 2013 6:27 PM
Oct 2010
lol eroge confession. serious ep tho. enjoyed
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 13, 2013 7:33 PM

Nov 2012
Didn't feel the least bit sorry for Nyaruko, she is by far the most annoying character in the show for me.
She told him while crying on top of him that she was trying to become the woman he would love. One would think after the 100th time of coming on way too strong to him when he clearly doesn't like that, she would have figured it out. He even said in previous episode that he could probably fall for her if she wasn't so crazy with her come ons.

I like Kuuko, but can be sure he won't end up with her.
May 13, 2013 7:39 PM

Jan 2009
Fucking Nyaruko is sooooo annoying it's not even funny anymore. She is a such an attention whore, can't let the anime be about kuuko for 1 fucking episode without making it all about her. I need to drop this anime after this disaster of an episode.

Friend about to be shipped off forever and never come back? Obviously Nyaruko doesn't care since it has nothing to do with her. >__<*
May 13, 2013 10:24 PM

Apr 2011
Loved all those references, best episode for this series this season so far.

iTsukiko said:
i don`t know anymore which ship to sail
mahiro x nyarko or mahiro x kuuko xD
May 14, 2013 1:28 AM

Oct 2011
Am I the only one who expected Nyaruko to go School Days on everyone on this episode? I was disappointed that she ended up crying. She shoulda grabbed the saw.

I WANT MORE KUUKO.

Also wtf at the mom and Shantak talkin like they were old friends. That was funny. And all the references that everyone already mentioned don't need to be mentioned again.

Can't wait for next epi
May 14, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2012
i love this episode

so many anime reference...

chu2byo, to aru majutsu, deathnote, kuronobasu etc...

i love the "kuroko"scene

it made me laugh so hard

xD
May 14, 2013 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode, tons of references.
But the more i watch, the more im convinced that Mahiro is a weak mc. Well that's my opinion anw.
May 14, 2013 11:07 PM
Dec 2012
the NyarukoxMahiro part is emotional, her crying almost got me cry too
Mahiro is so blunt, was he a cyborg or what?

and also didn't expect a Chu2 reference lol
May 14, 2013 11:12 PM

Sep 2012
People only see the Chuunibyou reference of Kuune but not the Ghost Sweeper Migami reference from Nyaruko. Most watchers are relatively new to anime I guess :)

Then there are the bunch of J-pop songs reference...

And then between the Index and Death Note reference, we have the seiyuu in-joke: Mahiro's mom is repeating her role in Oh My Goddess and the wedding story comes from one of the ED from that anime....

Of course there is also the title of this episode エンジテミル which is a parody of a very popular bestseller thriller fiction インシテミル ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incite_Mill ).

BY THE WAY...

Anybody found very similar idea in a recent episode in OreImo2? The fake dating to dissuade somebody...
symbvMay 14, 2013 11:28 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 15, 2013 2:22 PM

May 2011
Lol at the Baka Test reference.
Test Test, Baka Test.
May 15, 2013 2:50 PM
Oct 2012
Iasuru said:
Also wtf at the mom and Shantak talkin like they were old friends. That was funny. And all the references that everyone already mentioned don't need to be mentioned again.

They are alien virtual reality gaming buds, she even saved Shantak and his party mate once (two or three episodes ago). Of course no one commented at that time that she shouldn't have been in the game to begin with (or be that good at it) nor should she be able to understand Shantak-go....

I just hope the writers meant to do that.... I mean they have too, there has been so many clues....
May 15, 2013 4:41 PM

Jun 2008
This was quite a good one :3
To be honest, I wasn't expecting Nyaruko-san of all things to touch my feelings... But I'm glad I was wrong.
Though over half of Nyaruko's monolouge could have been skipped. I was actually expecting Mahiro to interrupt her by hugging her, and complimenting how she endured throughout the day.
Also, all of you who think Mahiro was an asshole, I do hope you're not forgeting, that Nyaruko was a selfish bitch. Just so that she could glomp Mahiro, with the usual, likely rejection, she risked a quite risky plan to keep one of her friends from getting dragged away againts her will, and potentially forced into marriage againts her will.
Also, all things considered, it's not impossible, that at the very end of things, this will end up being a harem-route... All that would be necessary is a bit more decisiveness from Mahiro.
May 16, 2013 9:08 PM
Oct 2011
There are people who think that Mahiro should have given a clear yes or no. Well guess what, dude? He already has! Many many times before this episode! Not to a love confession but other things like Nyaruko coming in when he is bathing. His clear "no" was ignored by Nyaruko. Funny that people expect him to give a clear answer when his answers don't mean crap.

Oh sorry, I forgot the golden rule of anime. Size of boobs means goodness. Mashiro has none, so he is a jerk. Nyaruko has them, so she is a goddess who is always right.

Anyway, I like Nyaruko and Mahiro equally and I also like Nyaruko's personality. However, it does not mean that Mahiro is at fault here. At least he is not the only one at fault.
May 17, 2013 2:13 AM

Dec 2011
When did I start caring about Nyaruko?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 18, 2013 12:55 PM

May 2011
Aww poor Nyarlko getting depressed like that. Always sucks to see her act like that. I am so glad to see her get some love there at the end. And she was being really cute confessing her feelings.

This arc was pretty nice but I wanna see Cthuko constantly harassing Nyarlko again.
May 19, 2013 1:43 AM

Sep 2010
Mahiro you bastard..... Making Nyarlko cry....
May 19, 2013 4:12 AM

May 2012
This is my fav ep so far because I understood the references :)) I got Chu2byou, OniAi, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Death Note, Kuroko no Basuke, and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. And Titanic and Digimon?

I almost cried when Nyaruko started crying. Baka Mahiro, just accept her feelings already. Though if that happens there might be less story.
May 19, 2013 1:42 PM
Aug 2011
what's up with this week's episode?
May 19, 2013 1:56 PM
Sep 2011
Artego32rus said:

I'd like to know that too. Also there is no new episode of Zettai Bouei Leviathan.
Maybe it's delayed because of some stupid sports broadcast.
May 19, 2013 2:02 PM

Nov 2011
Rikka-chan said:
Artego32rus said:

I'd like to know that too. Also there is no new episode of Zettai Bouei Leviathan.

It's related to Japanese Table Tennis matches going on.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=601613
Apparently, four shows postponed for a week.
May 19, 2013 2:42 PM
Aug 2011
so it means that next Sunday we will get 2 episodes of Nyaruko, or I didn't understand something?
May 19, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:
Rikka-chan said:
Artego32rus said:

I read about that late last night.

Artego32rus said:
so it means that next Sunday we will get 2 episodes of Nyaruko, or I didn't understand something?

Only episode 7 will air next week.

May 20, 2013 3:05 AM
Aug 2011
Hoppy said:
Stark700 said:
Rikka-chan said:
Artego32rus said:

I read about that late last night.

Artego32rus said:

Only episode 7 will air next week.

but news say that 7th episode will air at 10:00 AM, and originally Nyaruko airs at 1:00 at night. So, it seems we get one episode at morning, and the next episode at night?
May 21, 2013 1:14 PM

Dec 2008
Well at least their relationship slightly advanced. But hated how the whole Kuune thing didn't have a proper ending. Oh well.
May 22, 2013 10:05 AM

Feb 2010
Artego32rus said:
but news say that 7th episode will air at 10:00 AM, and originally Nyaruko airs at 1:00 at night. So, it seems we get one episode at morning, and the next episode at night?

I'm afraid we'll get only episode 7. It's 10:05 am, that's right. But it's Pacific Daylight Time, UTC -7. Nyaruko airs at 1:05 UTC+9. Add 16 hours and you'll get Monday, 2:05 am which is normal time for Crunchyroll.
KensaiMay 22, 2013 10:19 AM
May 23, 2013 3:10 AM

Nov 2010
"I don't hate you ... urrr ... ummm "
Nice answer ... not.
May 23, 2013 6:42 AM

Dec 2012
Dat Drama ;_;

I sympathize with both Nyaruko and Mahiro. They both have reasons to be frustrate. However, I must say Mahiro gets the better deal out of this situation lol. He gets to keep his harem going.
May 26, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2013
I hope the boy quits being a douchebag to Nyarko :-\
May 26, 2013 4:55 PM

Mar 2013
I love it! So many dramatic and adorable moments in this episode :)
I especially love the parodies! There were so many, I immediately noticed the Death Note and Index/Railgun reference XD
Jun 3, 2013 2:39 AM

Jun 2012
Love the Index and Digimon Re Digitize reference
Jun 8, 2013 6:13 PM

Feb 2010
riikaz said:
I hope the boy quits being a douchebag to Nyarko :-

I hope she stops being *** to him.
Jul 9, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2012
Mahiro is fucking annoying.
Jul 14, 2013 12:25 PM

May 2013
the only reference ive seen is deathnote and kuroko no basket i need to watch carefully
Jul 20, 2013 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
lol XD so much parody in this episode.. XD chuunibyou and death note.. :3 awesome! XD
damn kuuko is really cute :3 damn.. -_- I start to like her from this episode lol XD

and nyaruko.. :( I almost crying when seeing this..

Stark700 said:

;.;

nyarukooo~~ :(
nice word mahiro! XD you make nyaruko happy again :3
Aug 2, 2013 4:50 PM

May 2012
Damn that was a really great and serious confession right there! It was actually sad to see Nyaruko that depressed! But oh you just to love all those references like that death note reference :p
Aug 29, 2013 5:54 AM

Jan 2012
References have been less obscure lately. Got the Death Note one and the Chuuni one but the one I was most surprised to get was the Urusei Yatsura Movie 6 reference, in the scene before the OP Cthuko says "shounen wa itsudatte my darling", the name of the Urusei Yatsura movie is "Itsudatte My Darling"
Oct 28, 2013 6:38 AM

Oct 2012
Synapse, break -> Chuunibyou
Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! -> OniAi
I'll destroy tha illusion of yours! -> TouMAN!! (Toaru series)
Notebook to kill someone just by writing name -> Definitely One Piece or DragonBall xD
Ring of Eibon (I don't know this one but I definitely feel it xD)
Boy->Basketball (Kuroko Tetsuya), Girl->Teleporter lv.4 (Shirai Kuroko)
Lol Titanic's hug @ eyecatch
Dagomon -> Digimon

Did I miss a few? xD
"Signature removed"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2013

124 by Shibaroo »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2013

113 by White_Alice »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

91 by bezardo »»
Aug 9, 2022 6:53 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2013

59 by LadyLeeMing »»
May 7, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2013

70 by WNightfall »»
Oct 11, 2021 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.