Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2013 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
I was at the verge of jumping in the screen to punch that damn priest in the face.
God, that speech from the maid was the best thing i saw for quite a time.
Mar 1, 2013 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
The first episode of this anime in which I was really engaged.
Love the character moments rather than the boring fantasy plot.
Mar 1, 2013 8:27 PM

Apr 2010
I'm moved by this amazing episode and her speech. My favorite part was when the spectators threw rocks at the Church's dogs.

It's like I'm watching an anime about how the human race should have moved forward from 500 years ago. Minus the demons.

Mar 1, 2013 8:32 PM
Sep 2012
Hello! This is my first time delving into posting actively on MAL but i felt that i should post my response to this episode.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is not a typical genre that you see alot. Though it has very strong similarities to Spice and Wolf on the romance level.

Finally we get to touch upon the true meaning and significance this series is attempting to tell. Being told be the right person and the power behind simply words that can stir emotions in almost anyway. It makes one reflect on our own lives and how we live it.

Overall this episode to me was by far the best episode to date.

For those who are confused or upset by the lack of action of the Hero it is mostly due to him realizing she is fighting in her own way... feeling powerless in a conflict that doesn't necessarily involve her. As a person who has learned of the kindness of the Demon King and Hero she has broke her shackles of being defeated as a "insect" or slave.

Cant wait for whats to come!
Mar 1, 2013 8:34 PM

Sep 2012
Akamitsu said:
It's like I'm watching an anime about how the human race should have moved forward from 500 years ago. Minus the demons.
This is the whole theme of this LN, a light-novel take, with all the entertaining elements that youngsters nowadays are receptive like fantasy or moe, on an accelerated telling of human society development that touches on technology, commerce, education, religion, war, ethnic and class discrimination etc.

Anyway, we now see how the maid's serf background came back as an important element in story development and started something that perhaps even Maou has not planned on yet: Serf Emancipation will start to spread now.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 1, 2013 8:35 PM

Nov 2007
Valerant said:
For those who are confused or upset by the lack of action of the Hero it is mostly due to him realizing she is fighting in her own way... feeling powerless in a conflict that doesn't necessarily involve her. As a person who has learned of the kindness of the Demon King and Hero she has broke her shackles of being defeated as a "insect" or slave.!

I agree.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 1, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
whoa, definitely an epic speech, I even teared a bit, although the guy from de church just heard her speak most of the time instead of stopping her (what was his intention), anyway that was a great episode.
Mar 1, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
Hydnlife said:
What a beating :( i wanted to see at least of of those dude die. >:(

those shithead fucks deserves worse then death
so cruel and inhumane that they would beg for the sweet release of death
Mar 1, 2013 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
Epic speech, definitely the best episode so far.
Mar 1, 2013 9:40 PM
Oct 2010
fucking awesome. told those church douchers whos boss.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 1, 2013 9:42 PM
Jul 2011
That was legendary on so many different levels.

Really gave us a reminder to reflect on how we are living our lives.
Mar 1, 2013 10:19 PM

Feb 2013
Wow that speech episode was amazing, now that the older sister maid has shown every1 what she can do I wonder what lies in store for her
[/url]
Mar 1, 2013 10:27 PM
Jun 2008
Valerant said:

Cant wait for whats to come!
Speech like that would bring blood,death and war~~ ... I don't think they will just run off just like that. =P
Mar 1, 2013 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
Best ep, the flogging was hard to watch :(

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 1, 2013 11:48 PM

Apr 2012
It probably was not the Church's greatest idea to let someone they claim to be a heretic deliver a long, persuasive speech in front of a large crowd.
Mar 1, 2013 11:52 PM

May 2012
JohnGalt89 said:
It probably was not the Church's greatest idea to let someone they claim to be a heretic deliver a long, persuasive speech in front of a large crowd.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 2, 2013 12:15 AM

Nov 2010
But who are the guys at the end(demons I pressume)?
Mar 2, 2013 1:26 AM
Jun 2008
JohnGalt89 said:
Well,the inquisitor was the one who told the girl to speak up whatever she want.It was rude to interrupt lol
Anyway, the inquisitor prepared some stone to the crowd and he was expecting the crowd to throw stone at her. I think he was shock at the response as well .
Mar 2, 2013 2:00 AM

Sep 2008
JohnGalt89 said:

Nobody has ever challenged the church's authority before. This was a shocking surprise.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 2, 2013 2:57 AM

Aug 2008
This speech was already quite dull in manga but here I just skipped over most of it. There's something wrong with scrip or directing in this series. I just don't care what is happening and everything seems so forced. Original is really good but anime is so mediocre I'll forget it shortly after it's over. Just as I feared, another great story wasted by adaptation that shouldn't exist.

Brigandi said:
and this is why i hate religion
katsu044 said:
Religion sucks.
You're either stupid or really stupid. Last two episodes were about how this is purely political move and you're still spouting nonsense like this. Where these idiots come from...
AntanaruMar 2, 2013 3:05 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 2, 2013 3:02 AM

Sep 2012
Antanaru said:
This speech was already quite dull in manga but here I just skipped over most of it. There's something wrong with scrip or directing in this series. I just don't care what is happening and everything seems so forced. Original is really good but anime is so mediocre I'll forget it shortly after it's over. Just as I feared, another great story wasted by adaptation that shouldn't exist.
Seems you have read the original novel? Kind to share with us why the speech was not dull in the novel but looked dull in the manga and anime? And what is your idea of adapting it because I think this speech is quite important for some of the events in the later part of the story?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't say it wasn't dull in the original. I'm not really fond of both versions. It was overly dramatized and too far fetched to believe. I can't agree with use of Maou's image for it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 2, 2013 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
Antanaru said:
I didn't say it wasn't dull in the original. I'm not really fond of both versions. It was overly dramatized and too far fetched to believe. I can't agree with use of Maou's image for it.
But you said "Original is really good", right? And coming after you said "this speech was already quite dull in manga", I presume you must have meant "original" as the original novel?

Mar 2, 2013 3:58 AM

Oct 2007
What's this? I have this strange water in my eyes...

Great episode!
Mar 2, 2013 4:24 AM

Mar 2012
That was surprisingly good. This series got off to a slow start, but it's getting better-and-better. I have a feeling the final three episodes are going to be really, REALLY good.
Mar 2, 2013 4:43 AM

Sep 2012
Come to think of it, Haruka Tomatsu voiced a character who got rough treatment under bondage in her last performance too.... Remember SAO ?

Mar 2, 2013 5:25 AM

Sep 2012
I counted 37 lashes of whipping. How many did Jesus receive?

Reformation and Religion Wars come next ?
symbvMar 2, 2013 7:06 AM

Mar 2, 2013 6:37 AM
Nov 2012
Fantastic episode, like everyone's been saying, that speech in the context of the episode was truly moving.

I also enjoyed the segment after the credits, with what seemed to be the light spirit or the combined spirit of all the demon kings talking. Seeing all of what I assume are previous heroes judging by their head gear makes me think that the heroes powers are somehow connected to the light spirit, kind of like an avatar of his time, but I don't really know :p
Mar 2, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2008
Some say this is turning into the Reformation, I am afraid it may actually turn in the Thirty Years' war if they are not careful.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 2, 2013 7:31 AM

Sep 2012
mutopis said:
Some say this is turning into the Reformation, I am afraid it may actually turn in the Thirty Years' war if they are not careful.
Thirty Years' War is a war with its root in Reformation so I guess we may have both... though I guess in MaoYuu's world the idea is that the worst can be avoided by the effort of the committed, dedicated, smart, intelligent and skilful people gathered around Maou and Yuusha so I am still holding good hope.

Mar 2, 2013 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
Antanaru said:
Brigandi said:
and this is why i hate religion
katsu044 said:
Religion sucks.
You're either stupid or really stupid. Last two episodes were about how this is purely political move and you're still spouting nonsense like this. Where these idiots come from...

I hate religion because religion can get corrupt by shitface fucks who whould would abuse their power hiding under their god or church
Mar 2, 2013 8:12 AM
Jun 2008
Antanaru said:
...... I can't agree with use of Maou's image for it.
I just notice that the ring only changed the appearance of the maid, but the voice still remain the same. I believe it was her voice that reach out to the crowd, not her appearance xD
Brigandi said:

I hate religion because religion can get corrupt by shitface fucks who whould would abuse their power hiding under their god or church
Are you saying people who doesn't believe in religion are not corrupted ? 0_0"
MorningGloryMar 2, 2013 8:17 AM
Mar 2, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2011
Dat speech was so powerful but it was so fucked up how Demon King was getting beat I was like WTF is the hero but at the end it all worked out.
Mar 2, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
MorningGlory said:

not really?
my dislike to religion could be because of this asshole priest who took alot of money from my dad who got alzheimer and stole a couple of stuff , seen couple of anime with corrupt religious organization, and fucked up stuff i heard from the news
Mar 2, 2013 8:35 AM

Sep 2012
Brigandi said:
MorningGlory said:
not really?
my dislike to religion could be because of this asshole priest who took alot of money from my dad who got alzheimer and stole a couple of stuff , seen couple of anime with corrupt religious organization, and fucked up stuff i heard from the news
Perhaps we need to distinguish between hating organized religion versus hating religion as a whole.

Mar 2, 2013 8:41 AM
Feb 2013

That was really brave of her to stand in for Maou, I really sympathize with her, it's a good thing the inquisition back fired and she was saved.
Mar 2, 2013 8:47 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Perhaps we need to distinguish between hating organized religion versus hating religion as a whole.

yeah
Mar 2, 2013 9:09 AM

Jun 2012
Brigandi said:
symbv said:

yeah

First you need a definition of religion. Otherwise discussions are senseless.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 2, 2013 10:03 AM

Mar 2012
You know i actually believe the demon queen is the light spirit which would explain her compassion, scientific knowledge and her goal of achieving a set piece, She is like a Representative of god working in mysterious ways to move humanity and in this case also demonity forward towards a better future does anybody else agree with me on this ?
Mar 2, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
Kyube said:
First you need a definition of religion. Otherwise discussions are senseless.

An organized group of people with a common belief. a faith that people have

few favorite definition from urban dictionary

Brigs77Mar 2, 2013 10:16 AM
Mar 2, 2013 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode, great speech
Mar 2, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2010
Epic speech was indeed epic.
Mar 2, 2013 1:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
People, you must remember that religion is just an excuse for the central powers to reign in the Winter country. Theye are worried about losing their economic power and political authority if the Crimson Scholar's teachings keen on strengthening the Winter country. The accusation of heresy is just an excuse to get her.

Powerful speech by the maid about freedom of choice. I love the fact that its the Serf who delivers the most meaningful societal change in this episode, whilst the Hero is just up on the roof playing with himself. Not much of a hero to let the poor Serf get whipped and beaten like that. I wonder what he would have done if the King hadn't stopped that strike at the last moment.

I wonder who the blue dude was? Those who've read the manga seem confused too by his appearance.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 2, 2013 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
That was really good. Whipping was hard to watch though
Sooooo confused by the epilogue though
QuiGonJonMar 2, 2013 2:40 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 2, 2013 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
Hum... If demon king ritual is all about light how can it be dangerous ( she asked to head maid to kill her if things go wrong...)
sigh..
Mar 2, 2013 4:15 PM
May 2009
im calling it now, best episode of the season for any series
Mar 2, 2013 4:20 PM

Dec 2011
i shed tears omg

when she got whipped.. oh man it was so painful to watch..

but her words... it was beautiful
Mar 2, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2010
Jesus, that whipping was so fucking unnecessary! Damn that messenger, she must be scarred for life.

I loved Big-Sis' speech! At first I actually thought they wouldn't buy it, or even let her finish, but they did in the end.

So who the hell was that Smurf at the end?

Mar 2, 2013 7:20 PM

Feb 2010
THAT SPEECH.

Mar 2, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2008
MusashiRose said:
THAT SPEECH.

^

It was so far the best episode overall of the series and episode 8 laid other nice foundation stones as well... I considered the entire speech scene to be well done brutally so and powerfully so.

I did not read the original novel.. But was that blue demon in it ? Not really getting a manga recollection of the top of my memory .. hope we dont get an anime original ending
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.