Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 25, 2012 2:35 AM

Feb 2012
Cathedral said:
Wow, even for Hunter X Hunter, seeing Killua take (was it) one million volts was kind of ridiculous.

And Gon is adorable, scaring Riehlvelt into a KO.

Actually what kills you is current, not voltage. I guess the snakes had little power.
Jun 29, 2012 2:14 AM

Nov 2010
REALLY enjoying this anime! Shame I've almost caught up with the eps that are out, will be weird having to wait a week before the next ep! 5/5
Jul 27, 2012 6:37 AM

Jan 2010
Killua and Gon are awesome ^____^
Aug 5, 2012 11:50 AM

Dec 2008
Mikasa said:
guidodi said:
What I don't understand about those 3 is that they KNOW they are weak, they only fight against noobs who don't know how to use nen...
Why is it they think they can defeat a floor master? and even if by some miracle they do defeat a floor master, then they would have to fight between them...
This doesn't really make sense to me.

Even if you feel all eyes are upon you, you can not give up on cheating! - Eric T Cartman

Great answer! XD

And now the fights started! Beatiful fights!
BTW! True, Mikasa! Killua was creepy this episode! o_o That kid is, like... imortal! hahaha
Gon strategy to win the battle was awesome! Togashi is as genius! XD
And they continue to love being badasses! hahahaha

What comes next? Gon x Hisoka? *__* Can't wait!
^_~
Aug 5, 2012 11:50 AM

Dec 2008
But still, can't watch right now! =(
^_~
Aug 8, 2012 10:51 AM

Aug 2010
Killua and Gon kicked ass. They both got a lot stronger, especially Gon since Killua was already pretty strong before.

I'm really looking forward to Hisoka vs Gon.
Aug 18, 2012 6:56 AM

Mar 2009
Those poor cripples being bullied like that... =(
What is shonen anime teaching kids nowadays?

Good episode as always, but it's the next one that I've been anticipating for some time now. Should be amazing.

On a side note, am I alone in thinking that Gon sometimes act like a psycho? He's not your typical shonen protagonist, that's for sure.
Aug 18, 2012 8:24 AM

Aug 2012
^ you're not alone xD
Sep 12, 2012 9:12 AM

Mar 2012
Rewatching this episode...the fights are really awesome
End Zionazism
Sep 12, 2012 1:08 PM

Jan 2012
Dude rewatching the series is awesome.. i actually liked it much better the second time around..=[]
Sep 12, 2012 1:41 PM

Mar 2012
I know, it's awesome...quite nostalgic for a new series lol
End Zionazism
Sep 12, 2012 11:00 PM

Jan 2012
Haha true dat..
Mar 13, 2013 6:33 AM
Jan 2012
I like and laugh much this episode. I have much expectatives for the next.
Jun 5, 2013 2:03 AM

May 2012
Killua is the man! Hehe. I love it when he said that he can endure the electric current but still pissed him off since it still hurts.. really cool kid.

"Man, you realize how painful it is now, idiot." LOL.
Jun 22, 2013 4:58 AM
May 2010
Killua is too cool when it comes to revenge, much shadier than those simply minded fools.

Gido was such an idiot. God could have easily aimed the rod at the bottom of his leg and pulls him down with massive strength. I am sure the force of his spinning and the gravity upon smashing into the floor will have some great impact. But Gon chose to lift the floor up instead...

Pretty surprised that the wheelchair guy still appears normal and ready to fight Gon after being stunned by one million volts... guess he is immune to his own attack...But this time he was supposed to get stunned again by Gon, and he was scared to death?? I don't understand the logic.

And seriously, what is the big deal to start all the way from bottom? I mean, if you are in 200s, you must be too strong for anyone in lower floors to beat you. Must be quite a cinch to work up to 200s again. Guess the big deal is about working the wins back in order to challenge floor master.
jimmy2027Jun 22, 2013 5:18 AM
Jun 23, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
Tone_ said:
awesome episode. killua's fight was the best,
am i the only one who likes riehlvelt .

Yes you are :P
Jul 27, 2013 10:53 PM
Jul 2012
Oh, man these fights in this episode are impressive! Gon has been improved now which is excellent! Now I respect him now with his fights since the last fight he make in the exam which is bad, but totally made the problem not existed anymore. Oh yes, Hisoka vs Gon fight now that will be a fantastic fight in the next episode. Of course, Killua's fight was great too. Can't wait for thier new training too.
5/5 10/10 for this series so far.
Jul 27, 2013 11:37 PM

Feb 2013
GoldenBRS said:

already? You're watching the worst arc right now (imo), this may end up being amongst your faves by the time you catch up
Jul 28, 2013 12:12 AM
Jul 2012
gedata said:
GoldenBRS said:

already? You're watching the worst arc right now (imo), this may end up being amongst your faves by the time you catch up

Wow, that us quite shocking that you don`t like this arc. Well looks like I will like this arc and the next one too.
Jul 28, 2013 12:40 AM

Feb 2013
GoldenBRS said:
gedata said:
GoldenBRS said:

Wow, that us quite shocking that you don`t like this arc. Well looks like I will like this arc and the next one too.

never said I didn't like it, heck Gon vs Hisoka was one of my series highlights, the next one puts it to shame though.

Seeing this for the first time, and having 50+ episodes.....you're in a enviable position
Jul 28, 2013 12:49 AM
Jul 2012
gedata said:
GoldenBRS said:
gedata said:
GoldenBRS said:

never said I didn't like it, heck Gon vs Hisoka was one of my series highlights, the next one puts it to shame though.

Seeing this for the first time, and having 50+ episodes.....you're in a enviable position

Oh, well for me watching the episode so far the fight fight against hisoka, and hope it will keep it up.

What is that word mean? Sorry but I don`t know what eniviable even means.
Jul 28, 2013 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
One of my favorite arcs is coming after this so get ready~
Aug 1, 2013 4:41 AM

Dec 2012
That ost during Killua vs Riehlvelt was awesome, really made the fight hella intense. Had to LOL @ this episode, Gon and Killua crushed the newbie crushers. Pure gold. Hisoka has now recognized Gon, but I didn't see him putting on any rape faces so I wonder if he's going to go all out yet or just gauging Gon.

GoldenBRS said:

What is that word mean? Sorry but I don`t know what eniviable even means.

Enviable means jealous/envy. In other words, he's saying we're lucky ducks for being able to watch 90+ episodes in succession without having to wait for weekly episodes. Which I agree, since this series has been in momentum since it started, easily an 8-9/10 so far for me.
ZekkenshinAug 1, 2013 4:49 AM
Sep 9, 2013 1:19 PM
Mar 2012
now that I am rewatching this show I can find many inconsistencies, even for geniuses beating people with hatsu when the two don't even know what hatsu is or even what branch of nen they specialize in and on top of that so easily, that's pure bullshit. I'm also getting tired of everyone praising them every 5min of each episode and how they act nonchalantly about it
Sep 10, 2013 1:46 PM
May 2013
Shaduge said:
now that I am rewatching this show I can find many inconsistencies, even for geniuses beating people with hatsu when the two don't even know what hatsu is or even what branch of nen they specialize in and on top of that so easily, that's pure bullshit. I'm also getting tired of everyone praising them every 5min of each episode and how they act nonchalantly about it

lol...you do realize that just because a person knows about nen doesn't mean that they're extremely efficient or hell even good at it even if they already created a hatsu.

Those 2 scrubs that Gon and Killua fought probably just knew the basics of Nen and skipped straight into creating their own hatsu (which are pretty shit too since Gido who's an enhancer is also using manipulation making the tops weak and Riehvelt just has a shitty hatsu having a rocket powered wheelchair) just to get a couple easy wins against people who don't have Nen or are very new to it.

This show has made it obvious that training and refining Nen even at the basic level goes a long way, which anyone with Nen can learn by the way. Even Chrollo was only using Ten and advance versions of Ten for the majority of that one fight against some hatsu users LOL.

If you've been really re-watching this then you should know by now that a nen attack can be warded off depending on how strong/refined a person's Ten is (which Gon and Killua have practiced every day).
Now if you add in Gon's innate physical talents and Zoldyck training and Killua's assassin background, is it really that hard to see them kicking these guys' asses?
Sep 10, 2013 1:48 PM
May 2012
Shaduge said:
now that I am rewatching this show I can find many inconsistencies, even for geniuses beating people with hatsu when the two don't even know what hatsu is or even what branch of nen they specialize in and on top of that so easily, that's pure bullshit.

Because those three cripples
1) are weak (why else would they ONLY fight newbies of the 200th floor AND on top of that still cheat?),
2) don't have someone to teach them even the basics of nen PROPERLY, and
3) underestimate Gon and Killua since they're just kids (even the PT members did this).

It's been emphasized heavily that Gon and Killua were INCREDIBLY LUCKY to find nen master(s) who're willing to teach them utilized their nen PROPERLY.

I'm also getting tired of everyone praising them every 5min of each episode and how they act nonchalantly about it

There's a reason why Wing said that their talent is 1 in 10 MILLION. It's like you don't know any intelligent/talented person in your life and how other people (who are not envious) act around them.
Sep 12, 2013 11:15 AM
Mar 2012
Fine, you guys are right about those three.
About the praising part though, I didn't mean this episode/arc in particular but the whole series, since that pirate guy in the first episode, every character with a major presence has to go in deep thought and be mesmerized whenever gon does something. Sure sometimes it's justified, but most of the time he either acts normal or bad and they still stare at him like a god, for example when he pisses himself in the presence of mike and the guard is like "Such a honest boy" while being completely amazed by him. It gets annoying but my main problem is that the focus is too heavy on the main character which gives all supporting characters a fake presence, it's as if they don't exist and there is no depth to them. Maybe I just shouldn't rewatch this a lot.
Sep 12, 2013 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
Shaduge said:

So, if you came across someone who was subjected to electrocution throughout his/her entire childhood, you wouldn't be in the least bit fazed?
(Some of these details are kind of glossed over in the anime due to pacing constraints. Since the series is already so popular in Japan, a lot of people over there must know the in & outs of the characters, so I guess this is what the anime producers decided on doing.)
In HxH's realm, stuff like that is what it takes to learn Nen and whatnot. That is how characters get so surprised by Killua. It'd be hard to come across any other character with elemental Nen such as that.
Sep 13, 2013 2:02 PM
May 2012
Shaduge said:
... since that pirate guy in the first episode, every character with a major presence has to go in deep thought and be mesmerized whenever gon does something. Sure sometimes it's justified, but most of the time he either acts normal or bad and they still stare at him like a god, for example when he pisses himself in the presence of mike and the guard is like "Such a honest boy" while being completely amazed by him. It gets annoying but my main problem is that the focus is too heavy on the main character which gives all supporting characters a fake presence, it's as if they don't exist and there is no depth to them. Maybe I just shouldn't rewatch this a lot.

So in short, you have issues with Gon being the main character and would rather have someone else be the "focus" of the story. Too bad you can't see how "special" Gon is as a shounen jump protagonist.
Dec 11, 2013 2:45 AM

Jan 2012
killua's the truest badass and gon is a lil prankster
loved every fight, they're genuinely entertaining because they involve ingenuity and playfulness, not just dragon ball z power ups
Jan 1, 2014 4:12 AM

Jul 2013
epic battles
May 15, 2014 12:59 AM

Apr 2014
Dat Killua fight animation. First last week, now this week. ドキーン Such GAR. ♡

Gon too. Wow.
May 27, 2014 3:13 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was hilarious lol. The way gon and killua won those fights. Making him fly sky high and then declaring that he will catch them but instead uses the whips LOL.

Jun 19, 2014 5:22 AM

Jan 2012
Hi! Does anybody know what the music is before opening? If it's OST. Tnx!
Jun 25, 2014 8:59 PM

Nov 2011
Gon and Killua sent those noobcrushers packing. It was nice to see Gon use his fishing rod some.

I was thinking about Hisoka, and... well, I'm starting to think he might have killed the #4 Phantom Troupe member. That member apparently hasn't been showing up to the Phantom Troupe meetings, and that surgeon woman didn't realize he was faking. I'm also thinking the silhouettes in the ED might be the Phantom Troupe.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Gon vs Hisoka. I doubt Gon will win if it's a match, but I think he stands a fair chance of hitting Hisoka's face, which is all he'd need to do to return the tag.
Jun 25, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive pacing. Lots of fights.
No way Gon is ready to face Hisoka
Jul 16, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2014
Eucalyptustree16 said:
Went to this episode hoping to see a good fight, saw 3 of them! :D
Oct 7, 2014 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
Eh too many fights in one episode = each fight has limited quality
Dec 22, 2014 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
Noice. This make me moist. Seriously, never beating the crap out of disabled people have been more fun :D

Killua is such a magnificent sadist :3
And Gon is such a master trole. It was nice to see him back with his fishing rod.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 1, 2015 1:14 PM

May 2014
Fantastic episode, great fights, now awaiting the Hisoka MATCH!!!!
Mar 5, 2015 2:20 AM

Oct 2013
Zushi is such a shitty character, hope he dies.
Mar 7, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2013
Omg that was hella funny, loved how he gave him the electric hug :D
Mar 17, 2015 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
Too easy for Gon and Killua.

Gon vs Hisoka coming up!
Apr 16, 2015 4:17 PM

Jun 2014
never underestimate a floor tile

Apr 30, 2015 12:05 PM

Apr 2013

LOL I lost myself when Killua caught Riehlvelt and that electric shockwave bursted accompanied with the scream that part was OVERKILL!!
May 30, 2015 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
So happy to see the human beyblade finally getting his ass kicked. :)
Jul 23, 2015 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
Floor tile OP

Gon is the true floor master
Aug 7, 2015 5:18 PM

Nov 2009
My God, that was amazing and probably one of the best episodes yet for me.
Sep 3, 2015 12:38 PM

Feb 2015
ssjathena said:
Marow said:
The song used at the start of Killua vs Riehlvelt was great! Really got me excited and pumped for the match.

And the preview for the next episode showed some great sakuga. I cannot wait <33333333

that's killua's theme song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x-zJgVn5PKw

why is a girl singing .-.
jimmy2027 said:
Killua is too cool when it comes to revenge, much shadier than those simply minded fools.

Gido was such an idiot. God could have easily aimed the rod at the bottom of his leg and pulls him down with massive strength. I am sure the force of his spinning and the gravity upon smashing into the floor will have some great impact. But Gon chose to lift the floor up instead...

Pretty surprised that the wheelchair guy still appears normal and ready to fight Gon after being stunned by one million volts... guess he is immune to his own attack...But this time he was supposed to get stunned again by Gon, and he was scared to death?? I don't understand the logic.

And seriously, what is the big deal to start all the way from bottom? I mean, if you are in 200s, you must be too strong for anyone in lower floors to beat you. Must be quite a cinch to work up to 200s again. Guess the big deal is about working the wins back in order to challenge floor master.

well someone could just be in it for the money. if you're past the 200's you get no more money i believe.

currycurry said:
Dat Killua fight animation. First last week, now this week. ドキーン Such GAR. ♡

Gon too. Wow.

the japanese right there..."Dokin"? what's that?
-----
wow i thought the creepy "Gon-chan" dude would try to take killua on but dang. so killua's sheer aura is enough to make him go.

"....Even when you're taking a dump." lol! that scene was funny.
i didn't know - or expect, rather - that killua would go to such lengths (and so undercover!) for gon.

i though both of their battles would have been a mild challenge at least but that was pure comedy right there. that man shrieking as he was launched in the air and landed onto killua!

and the "Sweeeeeeech.....OOOOOOOOOON!" was just too much!

i'm rather touched that those two would rek those guys just for zushi.

speaking of....don't worry zushi! you're still so awesome! don't get discouraged!
Jan 8, 2016 2:21 AM

Jun 2015
dayum hisoka take it easy man.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - Mar 24, 2012

131 by dspr »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

RX-782 - May 25, 2013

154 by Nerdason »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HybridMBL - May 18, 2013

333 by Nerdason »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

gedata - May 11, 2013

194 by Nerdason »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

gedata - May 4, 2013

150 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.