Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Jan 2021
A lot of preparations are made for the school festival. Mitsumi takes a lot of responsibility on her.

Shima got kinda forced to play in the musical since the whole class stared at him lol. Chris is a gigachad though. Those bags under Mitsumi's eyes are getting more worse but she takes on more jobs but she doesn't realize how draining that is. Mitsumi even trips almost but Shima catches her. She fell asleep so she didn't get time to watch the video that she promised to watch and now the 2 are badmouthing her for god sake. Some backstory to Shima's past. Mitsumi feels like she's selfish, girl you are not. Shima is there to lighten up her day though with a dance. Mitsumi is all fired up. Mitsumi reached out again to the girls and now they are finally being nice to her. All ends well.
Jun 6, 2023 7:46 PM

Jan 2023
Two more episodes, I'll miss my Skip and Loafer Tuesdays.

Jun 6, 2023 7:56 PM

Mar 2016
It pains me seeing Mitsumi struggling but overcoming those struggles makes me smile. She's awesome, and Shima knows it.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 6, 2023 8:45 PM

Nov 2022
Man how I wish I have Mitsumi's optimism and courage despite hearing her classmates talking behind her back.
Jun 6, 2023 8:50 PM
Apr 2023
One thing Shima confirmed this episode is that Mitsumi can never stay down, she can just move forward and on.
I guess Shima at least at this point, has decided he can have a little more fun in his high school life
Jun 6, 2023 10:08 PM

Oct 2022
I truly hope that Shima will walk out of the shadow and into the light where it is shining brightly on Mitsumi.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jun 6, 2023 10:10 PM

Nov 2021
Beautiful episode, Shima is worried that Mitsumi will end up like he did as a child, always running, tripping, and getting hurt. But I think Mitsumi has proved to him many times that she is able to always get back up and deep down he knew that already. Man this show is so good
Jun 6, 2023 11:35 PM

Dec 2022
Mitsumi is too pure to be on Politics.. those 2 girls saying something against her were so mean.. but i really like that she sees the positive side on everything.
Jun 7, 2023 3:10 AM
Jul 2021
I have a really bad feeling that girl from Shima's past is going to show up and throw some sort of spanner in the works 😵‍💫 I think her sole purpose in this show is to add that doom and gloom to his life whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Jun 7, 2023 5:12 AM

Mar 2011
I want to be like Mitsumi. The way she said the positive thing about always falling flat on your face is that you get better at dusting yourself off is a very good lesson.

Also loved the cute moment between Shima and Mitsumi <3. They are so amazing together ♥
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jun 7, 2023 5:48 AM

Oct 2022
Both the mom and that dumb bich caused Shima to back out of acting, and they'll possibly show up to the play too...rip

Jun 7, 2023 6:24 AM

May 2022
Those two are so sweet!
I hope they end up together.
Jun 7, 2023 7:48 AM

Jun 2020
~ chiisana bara <3 :)

I loved this episode so much.. Mistumi and Shima's relationship is really beautiful, such beautiful scenes between them.. ahh i want to read the manga.

Great show, it's so close to the end... I wish it weren't so.
Jun 7, 2023 9:25 AM

Sep 2017
Oh man that lil singing sequence with Shima and Mitsumi was so adorable. Mitsumi's little giggle as Shina helps her to her feet. All the strengths Shima see's in Mitsumi are exactly his weaknesses. They're so perfect for eachother.
Jun 7, 2023 9:42 AM
Feb 2023
PLS IT WAS SO CUTE IM SOBBING
Jun 7, 2023 9:47 AM

Nov 2022
This episode was so cute and wholesome, I cannot wait till next week.
Jun 7, 2023 1:01 PM
May 2017
In her efforts to be helpful to everyone Mitsumi bites off more than she can chew and burns out, that's something most of us learned the hard way at some point in life. At some points we need to learn to say reject or withhold our efforts out of consideration for everyone involved, ourselves included. It's better to leave some things to others instead of trying to do it all on our own. It effects our health for one and it's not good to go against our words or give half assed jobs.

Shima also displayed more of his people pleaser traits. In the past he acted to make his mother happy, and now he's acting because everyone else wanted him to, despite him not wanting to do it. His male friend tried to lightly address it without trying to pry or seem overbearing, but Shima basically tells him he'll just put up with it. He may eventually blow up or perhaps Mitsumi will help him in some way where it can be avoided.

As usual this show does it thing of showcasing everyday issues in a realistic fashion. Issues like the ones mentioned before can't be solved overnight and will take effort to overcome. It will be nice to see both Shima and Mitsumi (the rest of the friend group too) do this

4.5/5
Jun 7, 2023 4:56 PM
Mar 2018
I honestly find the relationship between Iwakura and Shima to be the most refreshing I've seen in romance school life shows like this. It's built so much on a solid friendship that honestly even if the story didn't have them fall in love, it would be just as lovely.
Jun 7, 2023 5:30 PM
Aug 2020
yes it's the best thing i have seen in a while
Jun 7, 2023 6:22 PM

Oct 2022
The scene where they danced was so wholesome, they're so cute. Shima blushed for the first time over Mitsumi.
Jun 7, 2023 9:04 PM
Apr 2020
(this is my first time writing something here so Idk how it goes, I'll talk about stuff that happens in the episode, does it need a spoiler alert?) I have reread the chapters this episode adapted 5 times already, somehow seeing it animated multiplied my love for it, and I didn't even know this was possible
Them actually singing instead of just reading the dialogue of them singing is "cringier" yet so much cuter (and it was already cute in the original!) like you know how Mitsumi feels embarrassed but in a good way at that moment? Same! I just thought it was idk more immersive?? I love Skip to loafer I literally teared up watching this episode (out of happiness because I love them too much)
Jun 7, 2023 9:20 PM

Dec 2022
Best episode so far...Shima's voice actor voice is so smooth wow... loving it.
Jun 8, 2023 1:58 AM

Feb 2019
Didn't think I'd ever see The Sound of Music in anime, but here it is.
Jun 8, 2023 2:09 AM

Oct 2022
Mitsumi is like a kid but she is understanding and intelligent love her character its so cute.

Jun 8, 2023 2:48 AM
Nov 2017
Is it just me or since Ririka appereance theres nothing really going like previously happened.
Last 2 episodes kinda boring, i hope they peaked in the next 2.
Jun 8, 2023 3:48 AM

May 2015
Very pleasant episode. Shima is really a lovable guy.
Jun 8, 2023 4:38 AM

Dec 2022
I'm glad Mukai and Mitsumi noticed Shima's discomfort after hearing Chris concern and how he believed people will notice and see that he's not honest, hopefully those two will be able to help him out if something like that eventually happens.

Jun 8, 2023 8:32 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I thought it was interesting how Shima wanted Mitsumi to not be tarnished by the larger number of connections the city life brings, I didn't think we'd see those kinds of thoughts from him just yet.
Jun 8, 2023 10:24 AM

Aug 2019
Love how we got to see Shima help Mitsumi in this episode! Everyone's making preparations for the school festival, with Mitsumi overworking herself and Shima working on the play. But it looks like it'll all come crashing down in the next episode now that, I assume, his mother knows he'll be in a play. I get the feeling that model will hear about this too. Man I hope not lol I hated her
Jun 8, 2023 10:31 AM

Dec 2022
I loved how near the end of the episode Shima did a section of the musical with Mitsumi. I just love the way Mitsumi shines in Shima’s vision.
Absolutely love how they are there for each other.
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 AM
May 2021
i love myself😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 9, 2023 8:19 AM

Jul 2021
Shima's singing was impressive, showcasing his pleasant voice and evident enjoyment. Mika finds herself caught in a dilemma. On one hand, she desires the role of Shima's female lead, acknowledging his acting prowess and her attraction to him. On the other hand, she genuinely cares about Mitsumi and wishes to shield her from heartache. Aware of Mitsumi's affection for Shima, Mika avoids being the cause of her pain. The way Shima chose to uplift Mitsumi was truly endearing. Instead of simply offering words of encouragement, he serenaded her with a heartfelt song. This gesture reveals his genuine affection and his ability to bring a smile to Mitsumi's face. Anticipation builds for the upcoming musical performance, promising a touching and romantic moment between Shima and Mitsumi. Also the quote: Mitsumi's quote "I'm the kind of person who falls flat on her face a lot. But that makes me a pro at dusting myself off and getting back up" is a reminder that it's okay to make mistakes. In fact, it's important to make mistakes, because that's how we learn and grow. The important thing is to never give up on our dreams, no matter how many times we fall down, and thus she's the reason why I envy girls like her, but in a really good way yk. Looking forward to the musical performance!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 9, 2023 12:29 PM
Feb 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Skip to Loafer Tuesdays lets gooo.

Really wondering what Shima’s relationship with that Ririka chick is all about. Obviously goes back to the child acting days, but it’s so toxic.

On the bright side, the school festival preparations are coming along well. It’s really cute how Shima sees a lot of his younger idyllic self in Mitsumi and wants to protect her innocence and happy go lucky nature. I really like how they’re so supportive and caring for each other. All the healthy foundation for a long lasting relationship.

It’s funny cause she thinks he’s the cool one but he really looks up to her.

Speaking of younger Shima, we got another set of flashbacks that shined some light on his home life. Looks like his mom was going thru an abusive relationship and he wanted to keep her happy. That’s a lot of pressure and stress on a young child.

Really good episode.
judging from the flashbacks and the dialogues alone I think Shima got Ririka involved in the showbiz while he himself got out of it. And she is stuck in the shithole against her wishes.
Jun 9, 2023 3:00 PM

Jul 2016
Shima literally having an "I must protect this girl" moment at the end awww

Goddamn I love these two so much. Mitsumi giggling because she didn't know the lyrics was so cute ♥
Jun 11, 2023 5:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh finally theres some little sneak peek on Shima family relationship which kind of truly not so good. But well, the sign in the end section with his mother found out the phamphlet, and prolly going to take a watch, i'm kinda thinking this festival school time will make everything going more smooth on Shima's end of problem.

However, before that, its also nice to see how his interest toward Mitsumi kinda giving a more clearing, this time. She reflected his child energetic past which seriously kinda giving a positive vibe too for the rest of the episode. So yeah, good to see he cheered the girl out of the sorrow, and regain the hype back at her peak again.

Wish them having a fun with the musical play, and let's see how they wrap up the last two episode...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 12, 2023 6:27 PM
Jun 2021
It was alright, you can see that the story is going somewhere
Jun 13, 2023 12:25 PM

Nov 2016
It's alright to cry. Just overcome it. Mitsumi is a great example of a no quitter who sees the positive in failing. Gotta love how she's motivating Shima. These two are the best duo this season hands down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 2023 5:38 AM
Mar 2020
Mitsumi is burning the candle on both ends. but Shima is actually reliable in this episode.
Jun 17, 2023 9:57 AM

Jan 2022
Oh man, this anime holds a really special place in my heart. In a way, I can relate to all the characters. Shima reminds me of my boyfriend but in the best possible way. He has such a sweet soul and doesn't deserve to go through the stuff he's going through. Instead of worrying about himself, he cares more about others like Mitsumi. I'm happy we got to see some background on Shima's past. Such a shame that Mitsumi and Shima weren't the main characters in the play. The little dance in the courtyard was so cute too :') like I said I love everything about this anime. Its so real.
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 20, 2023 4:07 AM

Jun 2019
My girl got depressed a little bit after no being able to complete her job. I felt so bad for her there but Shiima was there to cheer her up. Thank you, Shiima. Now, she's happy again and smiling. School Festival is going at full pace.
Jun 25, 2023 12:08 PM

Feb 2018
Planning for the event looks like its going well!
Shima cheering up Mitsumi made for such a wholesome scene.
Jun 28, 2023 7:17 AM

Jul 2015
Wholesome to see Mitsumi and Shima cheer each other up by doing that little sing and dance scene from the play.

Jun 30, 2023 4:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
As i rewatching the episode, the episode clearly hits different. Oh wow
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 2, 2023 12:37 AM

Nov 2019
Reminds me of The Sound of Music. How nostalgic.
Jul 3, 2023 4:43 AM
Apr 2020
Loving the chemistry between Shima kun and our Iwakura san so far
Jul 11, 2023 5:35 AM
Apr 2019
Now I feel like I know more about Shima-kun.
Jul 28, 2023 11:46 PM

Jun 2020
This was super cute, loved it. I wonder who tf that guy was at the end?
Aug 16, 2023 1:18 PM

Mar 2008
Ah all this time i was thinking Shima-kun had a dead mom and there she is cleaning his room...
Aug 27, 2023 1:04 AM

Jun 2009
That giggle when she grabs Shima's hand to stand up is the cutest thing I've ever heard. How is this show so awesome?
Oct 23, 2023 11:34 PM
Dec 2022
The Family Singers Show seems so familiar with the famous one from Austria. LOL
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

24 by _Sanchay »»
Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

134 by PokefanPT »»
Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2023

132 by PokefanPT »»
May 22, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2023

160 by PokefanPT »»
May 22, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

230 by PochaccoX3 »»
Apr 22, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.