Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2022 11:30 AM
May 2012
Last episode was too much of a cliffhanger. Annoying
Sep 29, 2022 11:31 AM
Aug 2021
AnimeNdp said:
Neaow said:
This has became garbage like literal trash, wtf is with the writing, like everyone wants to shield someone else in order to get what ?, getting themselves badly bruised and killed, even though they literally were hunting to kill the elf, she protected the eye patch guy and almost got herself sent to the belly ​of that monster to be crap out by it later when he had his full, wow, and above all haven't forgot about the last episodes bull fuckery, they gonna have to go and waste the entire foken episode on rambling, oh he is the cause for everything let's keep him alive, oh he's talking about controlling the monster, let's still keep him alive, when they could've just killed the cringe laughing guy in few seconds, literal gutter writing.

Man get this trash down to below 5.
SuntProstMare said:
man, too man plot armour and random shit, everyone is bad than Bell, he is a lvl 3 but i feel like he can beat a lvl 5, survive even with the the skeleton break and a losed arm, healed in 5 seconda by the Blood of a Mermaid. The Monsters are stupid or what? why they don't attack when they Need like:"lets wait until *insert character* do *insert action* then lets kill him or make something change the whole situation, too many episode with an unsatisfaction end, the Monster are Simply impossible to beat, like, 2 lvl 3/4 probably can kill a Snake Who Simply charge without strategy. liked the arc before this really bad arc, nothing really good, why ppl call It a development of Bell?? he is the same as S3.
1st learn to write...then comment. And Bell isn't level 3. Just say u have too much time to hate on something, u don't even try to watch correctly.

Sorry im not mother language, and Sorry, Bell is a lvl 4, and this is why It makes a lot worse the Logic, stop trying to act like you are some kind of Hero saying this to us, Who are you? we can Say whatever we want, this season is bad, this is an opinion, a guy Who score like 10/10 to 95% of the anime that he watch doesnt know how to judge an anime, or Simply doesnt have enough brain cells to understand that not everything is a 10/10, everybody have different taste, you can't change mine Just saying this.
Sep 29, 2022 11:41 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Damn that cliffhanger now we have to wait until January 2023 to find out what happened. Things go from bad to worse as the banquet of despair begins with two major boss monsters in different parts of the dungeon. Bell was healed with the blood of a mermaid although I thought it was going to be mermaid tears. It still wasn't enough even though Bell used his strongest attack, this isn't one of those monsters that can be taken down in one decisive blow. The bastard Jura got what he deserved proving that no one can control the Juggernaut monster. It's a shame that we have to wait until Winter 2023 to see how Bell and his party survive the calamity in the dungeon and I hate split cours.

Oh crap. I forgot about the after credit scene, so Bell and Ryuu really did fall into the lower part of the dungeon after they were eaten by the snake monster and surviving

7/10.
AddaeAkonoSep 29, 2022 11:51 AM
Sep 29, 2022 12:01 PM
Jul 2020
One thing i'm very curious about is.

Can he grow enough to be able to survive in the 37th Floor? Like we know his stats can go way beyond,

But to go up a level you have to have your status updated by your familia's god.

So can Bell grow beyond the limits of Lvl 4? Like we know his stats as a new lvl 4 make him able to fight a new lvl 5.

I don't know what lvl is recommended for Floor 37 but it would seem to be more than lvl 5, and i don't see how he would be able to contend powerwise with a low lvl6
Sep 29, 2022 12:25 PM
Jul 2020
i love it qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
Sep 29, 2022 12:25 PM

May 2018
Bell got saved once again, this time by best waifu mermaid girl. The White Palace sure looks dark today haha, rip Bell for real
Sep 29, 2022 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
nice fucking cliffhanger. as if ep10 wasn't enough.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Sep 29, 2022 12:36 PM
Sep 2016
Zenress said:
One thing i'm very curious about is.

Can he grow enough to be able to survive in the 37th Floor? Like we know his stats can go way beyond,

But to go up a level you have to have your status updated by your familia's god.

So can Bell grow beyond the limits of Lvl 4? Like we know his stats as a new lvl 4 make him able to fight a new lvl 5.

I don't know what lvl is recommended for Floor 37 but it would seem to be more than lvl 5, and i don't see how he would be able to contend powerwise with a low lvl6

Nope, it's just as you said. In order to level up or increase your stats you need a status update done by your god. There is no way around that.

If you have watched Sword Oratoria the floors that are Level 5 tier are the deep floors starting around 50. The 37 floor is still Level 4 tier, but the deeper you go the smarter the monsters are and the dungeon gets trickier compared to the middle or even the lower floors. The biggest problem here is how badly injured Bell and Ryuu are, plus their lack of equipment or a proper party.
Siegfried10Sep 29, 2022 12:41 PM
Sep 29, 2022 12:37 PM

Apr 2018
Ryu got the spotlight in the last few episodes and the arc was pretty well done. Liked the previous season more but this is just the first cour. Looking forward for more.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 29, 2022 12:44 PM

Jan 2016
The word despair doesn't have a more fitting context than the situation Bell and Co find themself in.

The first actually superb adaptation from J.C and hopefully they can carry this on to the next season, which will adapt the fan favorite volume of danmachi.

Can't wait! A strong 8/10
Sep 29, 2022 1:10 PM
Dec 2021
Amazing! Mathematics.
Sep 29, 2022 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
Major drawn out disappointment
Sep 29, 2022 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
Is it like first cour of first season or something?
Why did they make the ending feel like not how an ending supposed to be?
Sep 29, 2022 1:40 PM

Dec 2018
a little frustrating how they ended it, but overall not bad.
Sep 29, 2022 1:58 PM
Mar 2021
Everything in this episode was so predictable, literally saw it coming from miles away, I told my brother exactly what would happen this episode and everything I said came out to be true..... After having watched 6000~ episode's it just comes predictable as hell. There was only one thing I missed to predict and that was that they would end up on the lower floors.
Sep 29, 2022 2:07 PM
Jan 2016
Deus ex machina, more of the same, plot armour etc. The ending wasn't satisfying at all.
Sep 29, 2022 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
There's actually a place called 'White Palace' in my country which is a stripper's club, a bit ironic XD

Can't wait for next cour though
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 29, 2022 2:11 PM
Jan 2020
Very good un des meilleur épisode de la saison
Sep 29, 2022 2:40 PM
Apr 2016
Pietru said:
There's actually a place called 'White Palace' in my country which is a stripper's club, a bit ironic XD

Can't wait for next cour though

You're not ready to go there yet, said the adventurer guild.
Sep 29, 2022 2:59 PM

Sep 2018
Apart from treating the audience like we're absolute idiots every now and then, it was a decent season once again. The script could be better, but that's also partly due to Bell not wising up yet. His niceness and naiveite are getting in the way of a fun adventure anime, more frequently now. 7/10.
Sep 29, 2022 4:00 PM
Oct 2014
i really can't belieave they just ended the episode and fuck all, see you next season if you want a fight
Sep 29, 2022 4:01 PM
Nov 2021
Episode disappointed me but it did a good enough job rekindling my interest in Danmach (think episode 10 was bettet though). Was going to stop watching Danmachi after this season ended but guess I'll watch the second cour before dropping Danmachi completely.
Sep 29, 2022 4:06 PM

Feb 2019
i knew Bell's arm

now, what will happen to Bell's party left on the 25th floor?

man, can't wait for a 5th season!
Sep 29, 2022 4:13 PM

Jan 2020
Unsurprisingly, Bell was saved and given his arm back. Alas, so much for the dream of a metallic arm.

I'm not sure why he didn't just cast Firebolt on his knife in the first place, but whatever works I guess. And, I can't lie, him using his scarf to bind the monster and close the distance was a nice shot.

Thank fuck, Jura is finally dead. I'd like to hope that Bell will learn from this experience, but I can't say for sure he won't discard some of his naivety.

Overall, I like how this season brought us back to some dungeon crawling aspects. And, the deep floors looks promising. I'm certainly looking forward to the second half, but, considering it's cut off at 11, I'm guessing it'll be at least Winter before we get part two? I wish this would just bleed over into Fall.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 29, 2022 4:13 PM

Sep 2015
Meh...

3/10, the deus ex machina is getting stronger, while my cares are getting weaker.
Sep 29, 2022 4:23 PM

Feb 2011
damn cant wait for part 2

Sep 29, 2022 4:30 PM

Jul 2016
Episode 10:
Juggernaut monster is literally so fast Bell can't even manage to unsheathe his knife before getting his arm cut off.

Episode 11:
Bell is able to keep up with Juggernaut's speed because plot and even manages to almost knock the monster out with a magic attack despite the inconsistency of the action.

Ugh... never change DanMachi. Never change...

As expected, pretty bad episode to conclude the first part of yet another disappointing season of DanMachi. Of course Bell didn't die because he had the OP scarf even though the mere whiplash movement should have been more than enough to break his neck and now it seems the plot armour is even reaching super secondary characters for some reason. Seriously, is really that important to have ugly bastard Bors living another day? Because it was ridiculous seeing the supposedly traumatized Ryuu doing everything to protect a dude she barely knows.
And let's not forget about Marie, whose only purpose was to be a living plot device for MC. Not to mention also the forced attachment she developed for a boy she met the exact same day smh.

3/10 - Not gonna lie tho, I kinda liked the Moss Huge arc but its resolution with Bell saving the day once again was shit and this current arc had potential but was, once again, ruined by cartoonish villains and writing inconsistencies. Practically a norm in this franchise now that I think of it.
Sep 29, 2022 4:51 PM
Dec 2014
Good moment to end the season leaving the hype alive
Sep 29, 2022 5:12 PM

Sep 2014
Who would have thought that the girl with magical healing blood would show up to save MC kun? Everyone? Ok. But who thought he would end up half dead *again* but somehow in an even worse position!?

Monster didnt get the memo to conveniently ignore antagonist kun and ends up killing him. Atleast that cartoonishly crazy villain is gone.

This was certainly a massive double cliffhanger, even more so since this is apparently this cours/seasons final? Am I confused or wasnt this supposed to run for 2 cours?

Idk decent cour and all, but how am I supposed to get excited for the fights when I just know the main cast will be fine anyway? And the throwaway characters got killed off so fast on the other hand its hard to care as well..
PS: is Bell secretly a Saiyajin and gets stronger every time hes close to death? Because he certainly power of friendshipped his way through the monster suddenly.
Comander-07Sep 29, 2022 5:17 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 29, 2022 5:34 PM
Jan 2013
Polvo_Aranha said:
Blood Ex Machina. No crap script is complete without someone getting miraculously healed by near death/resurrect by someone's blood.

dont watch it then lol, it seems you need to read more
Sep 29, 2022 6:27 PM
Jul 2022
WHATTTTTTTT???????????????????
Sep 29, 2022 6:39 PM

Feb 2018
Felt a little bit predictable with him being brought back to full strength by her, but I guess that's what they'd set up for a while now.
Whilst it seemed like the animation improved, that was probably the only major positive.
Guess we'll have to wait for the next season now.
Sep 29, 2022 6:58 PM

Sep 2011
Man, the one random adventurer surviving cause he was the only one with a name was funny but dumb. I expected Bell to be healed by the mermaid cause why else would she exist and Bell's actions can never actually have negative long term consequences. But fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- all of a sudden a scarf is a shield and the anti magic wall monster is overpowered by just supercharging your magic. And what a terrible spot to end your season on. Usually if you want to do these kind of split cour shows you end at the end of an arc not halfway through a fight. Wish the anime industry would just normalize animating a whole show before releasing it but that'll never happen smh
Sep 29, 2022 7:03 PM
Sep 2016
SouthRzVa said:
Episode 10:
Juggernaut monster is literally so fast Bell can't even manage to unsheathe his knife before getting his arm cut off.

Episode 11:
Bell is able to keep up with Juggernaut's speed because plot and even manages to almost knock the monster out with a magic attack despite the inconsistency of the action.

As expected, pretty bad episode to conclude the first part of yet another disappointing season of DanMachi. Of course Bell didn't die because he had the OP scarf even though the mere whiplash movement should have been more than enough to break his neck and now it seems the plot armour is even reaching super secondary characters for some reason. Seriously, is really that important to have ugly bastard Bors living another day? Because it was ridiculous seeing the supposedly traumatized Ryuu doing everything to protect a dude she barely knows.
And let's not forget about Marie, whose only purpose was to be a living plot device for MC. Not to mention also the forced attachment she developed for a boy she met the exact same day smh.

3/10 - Not gonna lie tho, I kinda liked the Moss Huge arc but its resolution with Bell saving the day once again was shit and this current arc had potential but was, once again, ruined by cartoonish villains and writing inconsistencies. Practically a norm in this franchise now that I think of it.

Just to clarify

1- Argo Vesta worked because it's a combination of Magic and a skill. The magic reflection couldn't reflect the technique because of Argonaut.

2- Bell destroyed the joints in the Juggernauts legs to stop him from jumping and reducing his speed.

3- That scarf is made from the Black Goliath skin, you know, the super OP floor boss from Season 1 who was incredibly tough. And it DID break Bell's neck, he was just healed before he died (Ryuu and then Marie). But you will complain anyway even though it should be obvious the MC won't be dying here.

4- Ryuu was saving Bors because she didn't want Bell's sacrifice be in vain, plus she wasn't exactly mentally stable at the time.

5- Bors still has a role to play in cour 2.

I'm amazed you consider this a 3/10 show and are still watching a Season 4, some people are really masochist. Like hell I would keep watching Kenka no Mago (I really hated that show) to a season 4 lol.
Sep 29, 2022 7:15 PM

Apr 2021
Whole part 1 is intense, making you feel at the edge of your seat and eagerly anticipate it every week. Very nice while at the same time, unsettling cliffhanger coz we need to wait for the next cour.

Just wondering how could Bell survive if he suffers from another fatality on the lower floors now that there seems to be no bodies of water where Marie could get through.

Sep 29, 2022 7:28 PM
Nov 2017
That ending, ARGH!? Man, next season please. :O
Also Marie does have nice eyes! xD

Sep 29, 2022 7:38 PM
Jul 2014
Loved it!
Loved it!
Loved it!
Sep 29, 2022 8:49 PM
Jan 2021
KANLen09 said:
Bell getting yeeted by the "Destroyer" Juggernaut, that must've been one hellish attempt of a counter.

Thanks to the bastard Jura, Ryu is once again faced with her nemesis from her old Familia days, which either by group or individual, is almost impossible to defeat on its own with its insane level of Counter and strong magic abilities.

And most certainly with Bell getting knocked out cold, Marie's use case here is quite the drastic measure of healing for him to get back on his feet to face the Destroyer again, only this time in close-quarter combat which pushes him way beyond his limits. Furthermore, with the Lambton still alive from Jura's orders, it adds extra weight to an already intense battle, with the reveal of the 27th Floor's ultimate calamity creature: the Monster Rex.

A good thing that both Bell and Ryu are still alive, but only on the bare of their skin with the Lambton taking them towards the depths of the Dungeon, especially the Deep Floors of the White Palace located on the 37th Floor.

An intense finale for the 1st half, let's see where the 2nd half in Winter 2023 will take us.

wait how long until the second part drops?
Sep 29, 2022 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
Now THIS felt like 5 minutes. Epic.
Sep 29, 2022 9:12 PM
Aug 2021
Siegfried10 said:
SouthRzVa said:
Episode 10:

Episode 11:

Just to clarify

1- Argo Vesta worked because it's a combination of Magic and a skill. The magic reflection couldn't reflect the technique because of Argonaut.

2- Bell destroyed the joints in the Juggernauts legs to stop him from jumping and reducing his speed.

3- That scarf is made from the Black Goliath skin, you know, the super OP floor boss from Season 1 who was incredibly tough. And it DID break Bell's neck, he was just healed before he died (Ryuu and then Marie). But you will complain anyway even though it should be obvious the MC won't be dying here.

4- Ryuu was saving Bors because she didn't want Bell's sacrifice be in vain, plus she wasn't exactly mentally stable at the time.

5- Bors still has a role to play in cour 2.

I'm amazed you consider this a 3/10 show and are still watching a Season 4, some people are really masochist. Like hell I would keep watching Kenka no Mago (I really hated that show) to a season 4 lol.

1. since argo vesta is a combination why don't Simply put magic on the knife and not taking damage from the Monster?

2. even if he was saved is pretty impossible, how Can a low heal magic save you, how he can still be alive After entering in the water? plot armour

3. even if the Monster cant Jump how is possible that Bell can match his Speed? I didn't see a scene where they show how he can do It

4. Ryuu doesnt have a good motivation for doing It, She doesnt Even seen very unstable mentally

5. it's kinda stupid having a man alive Only for the plot when he should be killed when his company used a magic killing them completaly, isn't explained why he survived.
Sep 29, 2022 9:43 PM
Apr 2019
far out this second part of the season is gonna be crazy, little dissapointed in the fight with the Jugganaut but overall it wasnt a bad episode.
Sep 29, 2022 9:50 PM

Feb 2014
As usual with this series another trash outcome. "Why do you still watch it?" Haruhime and the prospect that this could turn into a good story, but I find the latter unlikely to happen, so mostly Haruhime.
Sep 29, 2022 10:21 PM

Nov 2018
Man, this might as well be a different show...not here for all the butchery and bad exposition this season has brought. Hoping the next cour can turn things around, 'cause I went from an 8 for the other three seasons to a 5 for this one.
Sep 29, 2022 11:34 PM
Sep 2022
that episode make too much excited i think will be a movie or season 5
Sep 30, 2022 12:36 AM
May 2020
Much better 10 out of 10
Sep 30, 2022 1:55 AM

Sep 2020
What a cliffhanger! I can't believe they left us on such a tense part, with the Rex floor boss appearing before the squad and Bell getting to the 37th floor with Ryuu. Can't wait to see what secrets the lower floors hold in the second cour. With the anime taking a darker turn these last few episodes and showing all the killing parts in detail, I expected the mermaid to suffer more after healing Bell that much, but it just didn't deliver as I expected it. Last but not least, Jura is finally done for, took long enough!
Sep 30, 2022 2:50 AM

Feb 2018
Dang that one beam near the beginning was literally dubstep lol. What a cliffhanger of an episode/szn this was, I really can't wait to see what's next >_<

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 30, 2022 3:00 AM

Feb 2020
Oh, they're fucked. This arc has been a great one. I already loved danmachi from the start, but i especially liked this one alot. I liked that the show took a complete turn and just went so fucking ham on the gore out of nowhere. Can't wait for the second half of season 4.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Jun 2016
They left us with a cliffhanger and damn 11 episodes are too short for a DanMachi season but the quality is alwas very high since it came out in 2015, probably my favourite anime (I liked all the seasons) of the last 7 years.
Sep 30, 2022 4:09 AM
Sep 2022
I'm fine with people liking what they like about their show and disliking what they like about aspects of their show but reading the comments here makes it seem like half the people who comment on this show hate either the show or the MC. The bewildering thing is that this is the FOURTH season of the anime. If I didn't like a show and thought it was bad, I would drop it in the first 4 episodes let alone torture myself through 4 seasons hoping that I will eventually come to like it. If I didn't like the MC, as was the case with Shikimori, I wouldn't even watch past the first episode! Seems like most of the commenters are hardcore masochists who like to torture themselves through a bad show or are just haters who want to hate on the show for whatever reasons they might have.

Anyways, I would rate this adaption an 8.5/10. The voice actors were on point and Ryu's VA did a great job of conveying the emotions Ryu felt in the LN. They really brought to life the pages of the LN. My criticism would be that the pace was a little slow and they wasted a good couple of minutes of every episode doing a recap. Also them treating their audience like 8 year olds by constantly explaining every little details to the plot via dialogues felt like a little too much at times. Ofcourse it's an anime adaption so things won't be the same as the LN but they really did a disservice to Bell by making him the 8 year old's mouthpiece multiple times.

Hopefully the review bombing doesn't affect the future of the show too much and it gets a good budget for future adaptations. Can't wait for Part 2!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

235 by hypergoob »»
May 8, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.