Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2022 12:11 PM
Sep 2021
HOOfan_1 said:
Come on DanMachi...most of us aren't here to watch cute girls get torn apart...we're here to watch Bell pick them up in a dungeon

I feel exspecially sorry to that one girl at the end who wasn't even killed immediately
Sep 22, 2022 12:24 PM
Jul 2022
Stunning action and such suspense!
Sep 22, 2022 12:26 PM
May 2022
I've expected more from this episode. The ending of it was somewhat expected. it was very anticipated episode though. I liked it.
Sep 22, 2022 1:00 PM
Dec 2008
So enemy which is weak as hell summon super powerful monster, and he saying that item he showing you can tame this monster, so you standing and doing nothing.
Yeah, it would be too hard to go and take this item from him, maybe it don't work, but why risk?
And this stupid shi* where MC have 2 great weapons, but using useless sword dropped by random person. It was as bad as he fight Minotaur first time (normal mob), when his super uber unique dagger was too small for anime, so he didn't use it.
And this ending, yeah, someone don't know what happen next? I think you don't watch enough, because for me is not "great" it "shi*" so easy to predict.
As this stupid think, when one person kill another is crime, but when they pull monsters which kill them is only "not nice to do", what a stupid logic.
Sep 22, 2022 1:11 PM

Jun 2021
hawidew21 said:
Juggernaut was amazing. Never seen DanMachi so dark.

But everything else is trash.
How Bell and Ryu just let that guy go on rambling forever, without even atleast trying to disarm the prick.
How this entire 2nd half, Ryu somehow always is never able to land the killing blow. Like jesus how much plot armour is this Jura guy getting.
And God knows when Cassandra is going to get some develop to do something about her foresight visions. Keep replaying those scenes to add weight, but man its just getting tiresome.

Worst season so far of this franchise.

I mean.. have you ever watch anime before? Lol
Just giving you crap but you shouldn’t be too disappointed, it’s standard fantasy plot regurgitated over and over again. Lol
Sep 22, 2022 1:39 PM
Apr 2021
This season gets better and better every episode! it takes you to the edge of your seat and then launches you into the abyss of cliffhangers
Sep 22, 2022 1:54 PM
Mar 2021
YESSS. FINALLY THEY KILLED OFF THE USELESS MC. FUCKING DOGSHIT CHARACTER WHO CANT LISTEN TO ANYONE. HOPE EVERYONE IN HESTIA FAMILIA GETS OBLITIRATED. CANT EVEN LISTEN TO CASSANDRA. GG
Sep 22, 2022 1:54 PM

Sep 2015
FINALLY Bell receives the repercussions of his stupidity. FINALLY his mongoloidic charity has earned him SOME kind of setback. I say setback because a severed arm and a broken neck in a show as generic as this is just that. If the writers wanted to prove he wasn't riding a freight train made of plot armour, the Juggernaut wouldn't waste it's time severing his arm, it'd have chopped him clean in half like it did with almost every other adventurer it's attacked.

3.5/10, less generic anime-tier dialogue, more spectacle, it's all this show is good for.
Sep 22, 2022 1:57 PM

Apr 2022
I hate this kind of episodes were the protagonist is wasting time... waiting something bad to happen, asking stupid questions and crying. this type of episodes is kinda dumb there's so much opportunity to finish the bad guy but for some dumb reason is stalled until some happens to then do something... sucks but it happens in anime so often... it was artificially extended until rabbit foot will get knock out. next week to see what will happen in some epic scene.
Sep 22, 2022 2:11 PM
Jul 2016
good episode. rushed but the episode was well adapted. the Juggernaut was awesome in sending fear to anyone who saw it. the studio stuck too much on Jura relishing Lyu's anguish instead of keeping the plot going but the VA's voicing the dramatic scenes carried the episode. can't wait for the final episode which will probably end on the cliffhanger on the deep floors.
Sep 22, 2022 2:38 PM

May 2018
welp rip Bell it was good while it lasted.

Also god damn how many times did Jura voice crack in this episode?
Sep 22, 2022 2:57 PM

Jun 2016
RIP Bell but I guess you will be resurrected... XD
"Emotional Damage" episode, RIP also to the cute amazon girl of the Bors group.
Sep 22, 2022 3:00 PM
Sep 2022
Just... wow. Is this gore thing called Danmachi? (I love it more in this way).

what will be the miracle that will revive Bell? the mermaid, any goddess, an incredible plot twist...? (I mean, a broken neck is a thing...)

The only "but" was Jura's speech... so much talking and Ryu / Bell only making faces...

Just love this season, I new to know more (and the novels are so tentative)
Sep 22, 2022 3:03 PM
Sep 2019
damn that episode was pretty good. Might have to recommend this anime to my friends now.
Sep 22, 2022 3:21 PM

Jan 2016
Welcome to the real Danmachi season 4!

Fucking hell well done J.C! Can't belive they did it justice
Sep 22, 2022 3:23 PM

Jun 2017
Woah that was insane...how will Bell reverse uno this? His hand fell into the water so I guess the mermaid can go and fetch it. xD
Sep 22, 2022 3:38 PM
May 2018
AntwanMantilla said:
Pretty good ep.

Glad they didn't hold back on how menacing the Juggernaut is. Sucks all of those random adventurers got mowed down like nothing, and for Bell to lose his arm.

Though personally I felt like the illustration of said scene was much better than how it's portrayed here.

Those adventurers are canon fodder, that's the meaning of their existence
Sep 22, 2022 3:40 PM
Feb 2022
great can't believe it just amazing
Sep 22, 2022 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
WTF this episode was so dragged out again. LAME.
Sep 22, 2022 4:28 PM
Nov 2021
ok, anyone whose read my comments to the past episodes will know Ive lost my love for this anime, but damn we just relapsed into the good shit. Bell just got fucking owned. obviously he's going to be brought back to life and he'll probably 1v1 that monster, but damn that was great animation and great scenes. The despair lived up to its name. Honestly generally with the name juggernaut I generally think of a tank though not a skinny ass monster that looks part spider though.
Sep 22, 2022 4:42 PM
Mar 2016
talk about a CLIFFHANGER, one more week.
Sep 22, 2022 4:51 PM
Jul 2020
Finally he's dead. probs for an episode but I'll take comfort in the time until a new episode is released and he'll come back through the power of friendship or some crap.
Sep 22, 2022 5:07 PM
Mar 2015
Bell is so damn stupid holy shit. Not only he stopped Ryu from killing one arm boy who clearly deserves to die, but then stood there for like 15 minutes listening to the guy's life story and plan to tame the calamity. Like dude, just kill that piece of shit and get his whip and maybe you won't lose your arm trying to fight the monster. I just hate when MCs do the kIlLinG bAd bullshit, these mfs wouldn't even kill Hitler if they had the chance. Not killing the bad guy ALWAYS leads to trouble afterwards.
Knight_ArtoriasSep 22, 2022 5:10 PM
Sep 22, 2022 5:30 PM

Mar 2020
Everyone is shocked at the end. WTF just happened. Bell Cranel!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Sep 22, 2022 5:32 PM
Jan 2021
I can't help but be super curious as to what will happen to Bell.
Will the juggernaut actually be tamed? If it does what would the dungeon do about it? Will it have something to do with Bell?
Or will Bell just survive the aftermath of this tragedy?
What is the mermaid going to do in this? How will the Juggernaut react to the mermaid? Are the Xanos more than what they appear to be?
Is the Hestia family going to go down to the 27th floor?
What is the future of Bell's Hand? Will Bell survive or is he actually dead? If he is dead, how will he revive?
So many questions. Find out next week on Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Sep 22, 2022 5:52 PM

Feb 2014
4 seasons and still Bell is this useless and dumb. BRUH
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 22, 2022 5:54 PM

Aug 2020
this episode was very disturbing. That was a good intense watch. Bell getting his arm chopped off and is he dead T_T Revival time for the next ep??

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 22, 2022 6:17 PM
Jan 2015
I’ve been holding this in, but I think Bell is a fool. Season one he leveled up and was almost killed by a floor boss. Season 2 he leveled up and was beaten by a minotaur, and now season 3 he almost dies here and there seems to be no happy ending in sight. My point is every time he levels up, he thinks he can take on everything and resolve them in a peaceful manner. He always ignores the fact that the world is not unicorns and rainbows, friendship can only take you so far. I believe that because of this it’s also a result of so many people being killed, and according to her dream, it means that everyone he got close to is going to die.

I’m aware that the evil people would still have been able to carry out there plan even without the Hestia family being there, but instead of going down there looking for Ryu, they would’ve stood more of a chance trying to make sure people didn’t go down into the lower floors to begin with. If they would’ve done something like that, or even stalled them, there would not be such a massacre as we have seen in this episode. Only assuming that the carnage will be even worse next week.

Point being is that Bell is a fool to think he can defeat EVERY MONSTER because he leveled up one time in each season. He has no real grasp of danger because he has been victorious a few times. Trying to save everyone is a good virtue to have, but as a wise man once said, especially in scenarios like this one “the needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few”. Instead of trying to run and get as many people to the surface as fast as possible, or heeding the warnings of people that are smarter and more experienced then he is, he decides to throw caution to the wind and try to defeat what’s in front of him. No knowledge. No experience. No back up. He always tries to take things on alone. And look where his actions have brought him. Many people dead and about to die, and a broken neck.

Bell, you’re a fool.
Sep 22, 2022 6:20 PM
Jan 2015
AkeZZZ said:
They should kill that fu..ing Jura at first glance. But, they have not and let him brag for half of the entire episode. Just kill him. The situation was obvious that what was Jura want from that monster and Bell did not notice anything about it. Jura needed to describe everything about his plan to him. Why are you so this dumb, Bell Cranel? Come on.... Bell Cranel stop your dumb heroic thoughts and look at the reality.

I’m in total agreement. Though it wouldn’t fully stop the plan from going on cause that other group set off those explosions to wake it, it would’ve at least given everyone else a lot more time to regroup and run.
Sep 22, 2022 6:24 PM
Jan 2015
dasprn said:
4 seasons and still Bell is this useless and dumb. BRUH

Totally right. Instead of getting better once he levels up he thinks he can defeat everything. Then when humbled he does the same thing over and over and over again. 4 level ups and he is still getting humbled with no lessons learned or prioritizing anyone else’s safety first
Sep 22, 2022 6:48 PM

Apr 2021
Bell had already made connections and figured things out in the previous episodes and was even accepting of Ryu’s reasoning and feelings, yet he wanted to stop her from killing more, which is like Bell’s Character in the series.

But in this episode, during the opening “villain monologue” sequences, they have Bell acting like he is completely naive and ignorant of the whole situation and what is happening, like he never had a clue what was going on.

His behavior was quite strange and this was annoying.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Sep 22, 2022 6:54 PM
Jul 2019
seems like this is the dungeons "antibodies" or in a video game sense some kind of anticheat? seems interesting. great ending though.
Sep 22, 2022 6:59 PM

Feb 2019
another big bad made an appearance...and somebody please tell me
Sep 22, 2022 7:10 PM
Dec 2013
Awesome story so far. Weird they just let the crazed villain ramble on and on instead of taking his whip, when multiple speeches after he tells them how it all works and his plans. Also seems they cut the fight scene budget, fights look like they are just moving enemies and their parts on sliders to move them across the scene.Would be amazing if they worked harder on the fight scenes.
Sep 22, 2022 7:13 PM
Apr 2021
Wow this episode was just…wow I’ve never seen Ryu display emotions like that before and BROOOOO MY NIGGA BELL GOT HIS ARM CUT OFF WTFFFFFFFF😨😨😨😨
Sep 22, 2022 7:25 PM

Jul 2017
even tho bell isnt gonna die still wish he would learn from this, fucking kill ur enemies. Like god damn cause he doesnt like killing enemies everyone finna die fucking dumbass
Sep 22, 2022 7:30 PM
Jan 2018
Good episode but... there was so much time to kill that annoying guy.
Sep 22, 2022 7:36 PM
Jan 2022
AkeZZZ said:
They should kill that fu..ing Jura at first glance. But, they have not and let him brag for half of the entire episode. Just kill him. The situation was obvious that what was Jura want from that monster and Bell did not notice anything about it. Jura needed to describe everything about his plan to him. Why are you so this dumb, Bell Cranel? Come on.... Bell Cranel stop your dumb heroic thoughts and look at the reality.

honestly BJ's stupidity kinda killed the last 2 eps for me. it's just so unrealistic it drags you out of the story. even if you're an absolute "no killing" idealist just knock the fucker out and move on.
Sep 22, 2022 7:55 PM

Apr 2021
Damn, it would be better if they made the last 2 ep entirely focused on the resolution against the Juggernaut. Instead, they focus the entire episode 10 in fillers and trashtalking of Jura. Only 1 episode is allocated against the beast itself which would feel rushed and unsatisfactory to the viewers.

But, ngl, Jura is a very effective character to make us feel aggravated. Feels like a soap opera lmao

Sep 22, 2022 7:58 PM

Dec 2015
Pathetic ! It seems like all of Bell's growth over the past two seasons never really happened.
Sep 22, 2022 8:09 PM

Apr 2021
This script though, wow, listening to Bell speak was even more torturous than usual... Bell's ignorance and holier than thou attitude is wearing thin and overstayed it's welcome at this point. Reminding me of that review from last season from @BayraktarTB2 who praised the shit of it, yet all his complaints and nitpicks, whether it be script, characters, etc, about other shows are ever-present in this season, yet he still has S4 at 9/10 lol. Massive hypocrite, like most reviewers are.

I-Is Bell dead? I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say he ends up surviving somehow lol or at least some deux ex machina brings him back to life. Horrible writing.
Sep 22, 2022 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
Great, now they're fighting a Xenomorph... well, "fighting", they're getting slaughtered. Goddamn, I wasn't expecting this level of gore. RIP amazon girl :'(

Severed arm aside (Jesus), so that's what Cassandra's scarf was for. And it looks like he fell next to a river so, it's Mari's time to shine I guess. Poor Ryuu having to witness all this again.

Also, is it just me or was Bell dumber today? Like, okay, he's confused about what the hell is going on but Jura's been talking 3/4 of the episode, couldn't he do something to shut him up or to, you know, stop his evil plan? lol
Sep 22, 2022 9:39 PM

Feb 2013
This ep is a perfect example of the phrase "How can someone say so much and still say so little?"
The progression was terrible and the dialogue was awful. The amount of Captain Obvious moments alone was enough to sink a ship
And it was all wrapped up in a bow with Jura's excessive and grating laughter. My tinnitus was music in comparison.
Sep 22, 2022 9:58 PM
Jan 2022
Bell will kill that monster
EPIC
Sep 22, 2022 10:22 PM
Feb 2018
Interesting turn of event
Sep 22, 2022 10:52 PM
Jul 2021
OHHHH MY WORD, THEYVE GIVEN ME EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED AND DID IT PROPERLY
Sep 22, 2022 11:49 PM

Nov 2012
My GOD! Until the battle started (well, at least Bell tried) this ep was awful, are all of them retarded of wtf? Was this DBZ? standing at the opponent when they power up ffs, just screaming then standing then screaming again

My Candies:

Sep 22, 2022 11:53 PM

Nov 2019
>massacres an entire familia

Bell: why did you do it?

Omfg can this MC get any more stupid jfc
Sep 23, 2022 12:12 AM
Sep 2021
Noisrev said:
>massacres an entire familia

Bell: why did you do it?

Omfg can this MC get any more stupid jfc

Bell being a moral apostle was really annoying in the last episodes.
Sep 23, 2022 1:13 AM

Jul 2015
The title should be "Is It Okay To Show The Audience Cute Girls Being Brutally Murdered In The Dungeon?"
This used to be such a family friendly show. :/

It's nice to see Bell's lenient morals and codes finally backfiring.
People literally died because he just didn't do what needed to be done and refused to put Jura down. Their blood is on his hands.

Obviously, Plot Armor is strong with this one and Mermaid is most likely gonna heal him like before.
PiromyslSep 23, 2022 1:18 AM

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

228 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 26, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.