Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 7, 2020 7:49 AM
Jun 2016
I just got back on this anime. So, Magase is like the real mother of the kid or is it just a disguised?. But her interaction with the kid at their house kinda legit tho. Im confused
Jan 7, 2020 9:23 AM

Dec 2016
apocalypse aside, i still don't get what's wrong with the suicide law
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 7, 2020 10:39 AM

Aug 2017
One word! Intense!

Jan 7, 2020 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
Azazin said:
FMmatron said:
I wasn't quite sure after the last episode, but this one totally convinced me again.

Only the last three minutes were good.

I still think this is going to be a train wreck... how they want to conclude that story with only three episodes left?
period. completely agree. the pacing was...something.

Jan 7, 2020 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
He might still prove to be interesting, but so far the USA president here is boring so I was glad when Seizaki and Magase came back into the picture. I also like how that FBI agent realized he is obsessed with her too, and it's kind of exciting to know that Magase and Itsuki are indeed planning something on global scale. It gave me chills in a good way when Magase told that mayor that "god doesn't exist, and when you die it's over" too. Her power is so big that Seizaki was affected by a recording. I guess he is already way under her effect and she is just toying with him because it's fun or something. It's hard to see him as a threat to her, but I guess he is making some useful allies. Not that it worked well before. Welp, I'm still curious about her ability to change how she looks since it shows in photos and all. Still hoping for a good explanation to it.
Jan 7, 2020 2:57 PM
Jan 2018
photophobic said:
apocalypse aside, i still don't get what's wrong with the suicide law

Same, if people want to die, let them. It’s not like a law would stop you from killing yourself anyways so I never understood that logic. It’s their own life. Not to mention their organs would be used to help others who do wish to live. Society just tries to shackle you for economic reasons, they don’t really care about you if not for that.
Jan 7, 2020 4:30 PM

Aug 2018
Wew scary ending, Magase's everywhere including in your head ? Quite terrifying
Jan 7, 2020 4:52 PM

May 2019
I can't believe she was able to seduced him with her ASMR techniques. This show gets better and better.

Jan 7, 2020 6:24 PM
Jun 2019
That ending had my heart racing so fast lmao
Read Tsukihime!
Jan 7, 2020 7:29 PM

May 2017
Doesn't Ai Magase seem overpowered for the sake of it? Basically it's like her voice is a Death Note or Geass. Seems like a trope.
Jan 7, 2020 7:59 PM
Mar 2015
The bitch is back and killing with a word
Jan 7, 2020 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
Lost me with the Americans but got me again with the deadly phone call.
Jan 8, 2020 2:35 AM
Apr 2018
That last three minutes will give me nightmares.
Jan 8, 2020 1:08 PM

Feb 2008
Seizaki has turned hard-boiled. (With a pinch of obsessive insanity.)

As much as I love beautiful women whispering sweet nothings in my ear, please... Anyone but Ai Magase... Nevertheless, that scene was a fine finale to the episode.
Jan 8, 2020 11:31 PM
Apr 2019
Babylon is turning out to be a very good anime. It is making well intensed moments. Love this anime.
Jan 9, 2020 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
now imagine Magase Ai doing ASMR.
Jan 10, 2020 9:09 AM
Sep 2019
emraanash said:
You know, God doesn't exist. When you die, its over. - Ai Magase.

i hope they bring season 2.. cause Ai Magase is really interesting character.....

i don't think there's a second season of this anime because there's only 3 volume of light novel
Jan 10, 2020 9:12 AM

Oct 2018
GurenNoOu said:
emraanash said:

i hope they bring season 2.. cause Ai Magase is really interesting character.....

i don't think there's a second season of this anime because there's only 3 volume of light novel

thats really sad.... will the anime 12ep. gonna cover everything??
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 10, 2020 7:40 PM

Nov 2009
This show has a lot of dialogue in parts but I’m living for the moments like the last three mins of this episode !!
Jan 11, 2020 12:06 AM
Jan 2020
Spoiler and just put on Google Translate to get the ending of novel volume 3. Magase is unkillable.

https://anisira.com/archives/1385
Jan 11, 2020 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
That. Ending. Literal mind fuck. Was Magase speaking to Seizaki in that moment? Was he hallucinating? Was it a recording in his mind? What was it?

While I dislike how racially stereotypical the foreign characters look, they at least don't seem to act like stereotypes. If anything, I feel like Alex acts more of a typical Japanese person, rather than an American. The way the FBI agent said he could tell what kind of person someone was by looking into their eyes...I don't know, that just sounds like a very Japanese thing. Doesn't fit a character who's from America.

It was really cool how for an animated series made by people in Japan, there were references to American history, and even literature. Shows that the writer definitely took their time to really research.

smoledman said:
Doesn't Ai Magase seem overpowered for the sake of it? Basically it's like her voice is a Death Note or Geass. Seems like a trope.

I think it's going to be explained that Magase drives people insane thanks to some science experiments or whatever. While that's the only logical explanation, it's probably going to be stupid.

Most stories have happy endings, but I can't help but feel like Seizaki's going to get screwed in the end, maybe even die. The guy's lost it.

Mayuka said:
Lost me with the Americans but got me again with the deadly phone call.

What do you mean you were lost with the Americans? Were the scenes with them just confusing, or did you think they were bad?
Jan 11, 2020 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
RealTheAbsurdist said:
What do you mean you were lost with the Americans? Were the scenes with them just confusing, or did you think they were bad?
Started to get bored of this show the moment they diverged into outside-of-Japan territory. It's not just me, I think from reading the past episode discussion threads, other people have been bored too.
Jan 11, 2020 5:24 PM

May 2017
Well I wouldn't expect a Japanese animation storyteller to understand the psyche of American politicians. So of course they lean on stereotypes and things they've seen on shows like 'House of Cards' or whatever. I still LOL@the Donald Trump caricature in Inuyashiki - 'The rest of you losers can do whatever the hell you want'. Even Trump as ridiculous as he is... that's just over the top.
Jan 11, 2020 6:28 PM

Aug 2016
Mayuka said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Started to get bored of this show the moment they diverged into outside-of-Japan territory. It's not just me, I think from reading the past episode discussion threads, other people have been bored too.

Same. Americans already saturate everything. Get out of my anime. I wish we stayed in Japan, but, oh well.
Jan 11, 2020 10:24 PM

Jul 2012
WMR said:
Mayuka said:

Same. Americans already saturate everything. Get out of my anime. I wish we stayed in Japan, but, oh well.
The issue is that these politicians and other foreigners are just one dimensional plot devices to push the plot even further. They don't have much backstory other than the President. I wish we could see the process of how Zen even got to talk to the FBI and how he presented himself. From his perspective, it would be more interesting than suddenly putting the entire world into this anime.
Jan 11, 2020 11:00 PM

Jun 2013
I wonder how they plan on ending this with just three episodes left, unless they plan for a second season. That part where Seizaki could hear Magase's voice through the call with the mayor was pretty freaky. As someone told me, some supernatural shit is about to happen but I have no idea how and when. I hope they end this series well.

On a side note, I like how Seizaki is in the US and working with the US government. I find it interesting because I think it's rare in Anime. It's usually Japan versus the world.
臭い-
Jan 12, 2020 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
Mayuka said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

I've also found them to be less interesting, but I can't put my finger on why. Like, it should make perfect sense for the show to get bigger in scale with this type of story, where an independent city integrates a suicide law. Maybe we've all just been too used to the story being told from a smaller, one point of view traditional story? I do find the foreign characters the story focuses on to be boring; even after half an episode was dedicated giving Alex a backstory and development, I just kept thinking, "When are we going back to Seizaki?"

Bibimbapski said:
I wonder how they plan on ending this with just three episodes left, unless they plan for a second season. That part where Seizaki could hear Magase's voice through the call with the mayor was pretty freaky. As someone told me, some supernatural shit is about to happen but I have no idea how and when. I hope they end this series well.

I think I got goosebumps during that phone call scene. Not just because of how out of left field it was, but because I couldn't figure out what was going on: was Magase talking to Seizaki in the recording? The other characters didn't seem to take notice of that. So was she talking in his mind? How? Or was Seizaki just hallucinating?

I honestly can't imagine this series having a proper, fulfilling, ending. It's spent so many episodes with so little happening (at least from my perspective), that I predict that near the end, it's just going to jam a lot of stuff.

Bibimbapski said:
On a side note, I like how Seizaki is in the US and working with the US government. I find it interesting because I think it's rare in Anime. It's usually Japan versus the world.

I think it's a good sign that anime is starting to get with the times. Yes, the foreign characters look as racially stereotypical as they can possibly be, to a point where instead of being offensive, it's honestly more funny. But they don't act stereotypical in any way.
Jan 12, 2020 1:00 AM
Dec 2016
I though about magase supernatural abilities...

Someone few post above mentioned that magase is unkillable. Which i think he meant that she cannot be killed because of her abilities, not that she cannot die.

I though of only 1 ability which would allow to change appearence, make people kill themselfs and be unkillable at the same time. And that would be to live inside your body and body of lots of other people at the same time.

It would explain the poster where the Magase you see is in mirror. And in reality you are the one whos looking at it, meaning you would have to be magase or she would have to be inside you.

pretty terrifying if it were true
Jan 12, 2020 4:53 AM
Apr 2019
Interesting discussion about character stereotypes by their nationalities.

The label of the novel is classified not for light novels but for entertainment for general adults.
NOZAKI Mado, The author also participated in the screenplay of 《正解するカド》 "Kado: The Right Answer" -- A story of the first contact with an otherworldly entity and the present society (Humm?). It describes a lot of bureaucracy of the Government of Japan and some politicians of the Powers.

Besides the US agent officers or "AWW!", I wonder why you mention nothing about Gustav Lukas, the President of the French Republic. He was pictured as an indiscreet, arrogant underdog to reflect "The Thinker" more capable, fair and acceptable. C'mon, the PC activists! Still no complaint? XD

His voice, OTSUKA Hochu, is a skilled veteran of beyond doubt. Known for so many movies and dramas, relatively many Japanese audiences feel rather typical Hollywood style "an AMERICAN daddy hiding another face" guy from his voice and speaking manner (Communicative, confident, competitive, cunning, clandestine, cruel... and cyborg!!).
The audio director AKETAGAWA is doing a distinguished job in this series, however, the casting of Lukas was a muff IMHO.
aReviewerJan 12, 2020 5:12 AM
Jan 12, 2020 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
I find incredible how people have totally lost their temper to understand you only reach a peak after building a structure. They do not allow time for the story to be fully edified. They want every episode to be intense. And stupid.
Jan 12, 2020 1:11 PM

Sep 2017
Rod_Russ said:
I find incredible how people have totally lost their temper to understand you only reach a peak after building a structure. They do not allow time for the story to be fully edified. They want every episode to be intense. And stupid.

imagine this series took after Monster and was 74 episodes long LOL
Jan 12, 2020 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
cantankerous said:
Rod_Russ said:

imagine this series took after Monster and was 74 episodes long LOL

In the present time Monster would be a flop because people are getting increasingly stupid and immediate to watch anime. In addition, the theme, character design and pace would be repulsive because today there are only stupid otakus who enjoy shonens, isekais, ecchis and don't have enough brains to avoid soiling their forehead with ice cream.
Jan 14, 2020 1:44 PM
Apr 2019
Intense last minutes, the last phone call was terrifying.

Only three episodes left and no clue has been given yet about how Magase can control people's mind, although I'm more concerned about how it'll be explained that Magase can assume different physical appearances. I wonder whether she's the same person changing her physical appearence or she's able to somehow transfer her mind to another body.
Jan 15, 2020 10:42 PM
Oct 2007
FMmatron said:
I wasn't quite sure after the last episode, but this one totally convinced me again.

Same here. I'm not totally convinced yet though but I did enjoy watching Babylon again. Makes me take a week break after the last episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2020 8:24 PM

Nov 2009
Ok episode, I’m excited for what’s to come. :) This anime feels like if Mirai Nikki met Btoom.
Jan 28, 2020 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
>United States politicians discussing internal affairs
>everyone's talking in Japanese

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 28, 2020 4:39 AM
Jan 2020
Zadion said:
>United States politicians discussing internal affairs
>everyone's talking in Japanese

You will love the part where supposedly English speaking, but actually Japanese speaking, President gets help from a translator to translate his words to Japanese.
cenabetJan 28, 2020 4:43 AM
Jan 29, 2020 3:30 AM
Apr 2016
Well, they certainly did a good job making Magase's appearance intimidating...got chills at the end.
Feb 1, 2020 4:28 AM

Jul 2015
Damn they did a good job making Ai's voice terrifying there at the end even though you can't see her

Feb 3, 2020 2:10 PM
Apr 2015
uninstallthegame said:
wow much deep god doesn't exist, haha seizaki-san you die when you're dead

Episode was good not bad
Feb 15, 2020 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Congratulations Babylon. You have just successfully managed to make every irrelevant character in this show stupid.

So this show went from mystery thriller to the philosophical mindfuck of our main character Seizaki featuring shapeshifting succubus Magase Ai.
Dull_LullNov 8, 2020 2:50 AM
Mar 30, 2020 6:08 AM

Dec 2013
I'm really hoping that President Alex will somehow help Zen get through with this. Man, That ending was really creepy. Zen is getting really obsessed in hunting down Magase that it's affecting him psychologically.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 8, 2020 7:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, these Magase power with sounds manipulation and hypnotizer really weird. Even that little power really suit well in another country? Nonsense. This is some supernatural, already? I dont get it at all. At least i like how the president of USA develop well in this episodes. I really wanna see how he can handle the problem between Magase and Zen. Lol. Because, like the FBI staff who recomend Zen, the Zen's obsession really can dangerring the national security, but can be a good counter for law of suicidal attacker. Lets see
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 8, 2020 8:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dull_Lull said:
Cities are apparently implementing laws on their own now and even politicians are skipping necessary procedures in favor of some philosophy they believe in. Congratulations Babylon. You have just successfully managed to make every irrelevant character in this show stupid.

So this show went from mystery thriller to the philosophical mindfuck of our main character Seizaki featuring shapeshifting succubus Magase Ai.

Lol. I kinda irritated first, but i like your commentary here, and i aggree. Especially on the last sentences
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 5, 2020 10:01 PM

Jul 2016
Seizaki has a new partner... damn, he's screwed. RIP

Honestly, the episode felt particularly slow but the ending with Magase caught my interest again. It left me a bit puzzled tho... did Seizaki finally fall under her ability?

On the other hand, I'm still not fully convinced about US president's character in all this but let's hope he can become more relevant later on.
And as for Magase, we now have some sort of hypothesis for her ability to convince people but the whole "shape-shifting" issue is still a mystery... hope it receives a convincing explanation next episode.
Nov 30, 2020 12:59 PM

Jun 2016
Magase certainly has a firm hold of Seizaki. In fact, it appears he is fighting the same feeling that everyone else has.

He's definitely looking a bit more rough, and out of sorts, possibly on the brink of madness. 3 eps left, let's see how this ends.

Feb 21, 2023 3:50 AM
May 2021
emraanash said:

I really really want to see season 2
Jun 30, 2023 7:26 PM

Nov 2021
It'd take mind control powers to have a Republican legalize assisted suicide.

Feb 16, 6:47 AM
Aug 2013
I get a feeling that after this episode the Anime gets really fucked up tbh.
But I look forward to it!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Babylon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2020

443 by Carmelodube »»
May 5, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2020

118 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 7, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2019

319 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 6, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

157 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 10:53 AM

» People don't recommend watching babylon! Is it too disturbing to watch?

FarshidBG - Mar 2, 2022

17 by Hikool101 »»
Jan 11, 1:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.