Forum Settings
Forums

Do you tell people that they have shit taste?

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2019 4:56 AM

Jun 2016
Yes everytime. But I don't do it to women
Jul 20, 2019 5:29 AM

May 2018
No because it's subjective. Plus, I don't want to act like an elitist.
Jul 20, 2019 5:31 AM

Jul 2016
Gorochu said:

It's anti elitist if their taste is shit for giving a 10 to elitist anime.

Those anime are MEDIOCRE. Elitists are deluded.
IpreferEcchiJul 20, 2019 5:49 AM
Jul 20, 2019 5:33 AM

Sep 2014
IpreferEcchi said:
Gorochu said:

It's anti elitist if they have shit taste for giving a 10 to elitist anime.

There is no such thing as 'elitist anime'. Acting like your taste is superior because you like different shows is totally being an elitist, though.
Jul 20, 2019 5:35 AM

Jul 2017
I don't because that's pathetic. Each person has their own tastes and i just have to respect that and that's it, no need to judge them just because they hate something i like.
Jul 20, 2019 5:36 AM

Jul 2016
Imaishi said:
There is no such thing as 'elitist anime'. Acting like your taste is superior because you like different shows is totally being an elitist, though.

Elitist anime are anime that present themselves as deep but are very shallow.

(Not truly developing the characters or the world. AKA Evangelion. We only know what their problems are. We don't see enough of their childhood. Especially Asuka.

Why should we care about them if we only know that they're fucked up, and not their lives before they were fucked up?)
Jul 20, 2019 5:45 AM

Aug 2018
Fuck yeah, especially when I see someone that talks more than what he/she watches. People talking without knowing acting like they know their shit are a joke and I love to fight them.
Jul 20, 2019 5:46 AM

Jan 2013
Is no one going to point out that the OP has absolute garbage taste himself!? lol

If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 20, 2019 5:47 AM

May 2018
i don't ......cuz their is no anime on this planet which even resembles to shit, every anime is GOD LEVEL, i dont think i have ever heard a single logical reasoning for disliking a series or show
section9necrosisJul 20, 2019 5:56 AM

Jul 20, 2019 6:49 AM
Oct 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
Imaishi said:

(Not truly developing the characters or the world. AKA Evangelion. We only know what their problems are. We don't see enough of their childhood. Especially Asuka.

Why should we care about them if we only know that they're fucked up, and not their lives before they were fucked up?)

You present yourself as a shallow dude aren't ya? What an abhorent, self-centered, arrogant, narrow-minded, thoughtless and immature move to spit some shitty subjective insults to others. You act like mf having the solely rightful taste that any person has differently means they're dumb.

Ok, into business.

1. You need to grow up, like seriously dude, there's literally no quality in winning over someone via anime taste, fkin delusional
2. "Elitist anime" huh? You confidently, arrogantly and stupidly affirmed it is one of those anime that is seemingly deep but actually is just shallow... bruh wtf are u trolling or sth? Let me make it as easy as possible for someone like you to comprehend. Elitists are those who enjoy "elite" works, and mainly they derive pleasure from works that are perennial, analysis-required, influential, aesthetic and many times, obscure. Maybe they don't even like the movie, but since it's deep (like for real, deep), culturally significant or maybe just being overlooked, then they might say they love it. Overall, elitists are likely to be those who only enjoy thoughtful stuffs, take things far more seriously than it appears to be, and always brag how they have such wonderful taste along with murdering by words the industry nowadays.

You clearly have zero concept about what elitist is, and elite movie as well. It may be pretentious at times, overly heavy-theme at times, but shallow does not appear on the list very frequently.

-- oh and if you wanna argue ab Eva, than here I am. You can dislike Eva, but in your case, you're just disregarding the details my friend. Eva ain't my fav btw, but sorry I had to do the show some justice. *sigh*
allsndJul 20, 2019 7:00 AM
Jul 20, 2019 6:52 AM

Jul 2011
No because I don't want to ruin it for people. They are free to like whatever they want.

Jul 20, 2019 6:55 AM
Mar 2016
I'd go as far and say one of their favorite anime is trash, but not their taste as a whole.
^ I can argue why I think an anime is bad pretty easily and it's less offensive.
Jul 20, 2019 6:56 AM

Oct 2013
No. If I really wanted to know why someone gave something a certain rating I'd just ask them about it, not tell them they have "shit taste".
Jul 20, 2019 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
Nah, I would only say something like that to a friend just for the lolz but never to insult someone. It's actually pathetic and it's better to ignore those people.
Jul 20, 2019 7:05 AM

Jul 2017
Mirai said:
Every taste is shit in my opinion. After all, anime is shit.

lowkey,
you've earned my respecc, i clap for you
<3 "Nothing compares to Dark Enchantress Cookie's greatness!" <3
Jul 20, 2019 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Different people have different tastes, that is actually a great thing yknow. How boring would it be if we all liked the same, just think about that for a second.

Also, there is no such thing as shit taste. Your taste might not be my taste, that means we probably won't have a lot in common, so what. Live and let live.

Someone who tells me I have ( or someone we know has ) "shit taste" disqualifies himself as a conversation partner I can take seriously.

Jul 20, 2019 7:15 AM

Nov 2018
I don't think it's really fair to say that someone has a shit taste....
I might find something amazing because of a few factors, or because I can put myself in that situation... But the same can't be said about everyone :(

Although I do think that people should just stop butchering certain anime because they couldn't like it, and shit-talking it's fans
Jul 20, 2019 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
LostSpectre said:
Is no one going to point out that the OP has absolute garbage taste himself!? lol

Maybe that's the reason why he created this thread lol
Jul 20, 2019 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
No, I do not care; only weeaboos do that.
Jul 20, 2019 7:34 AM

May 2019
Not really no. Everyone likes a lot of different animes, and I know that my anime taste itself isn't the greatest, so I just don't feel like it's my place to say someone has a shit taste in anime or not. I will joke around if it's a friend though, but I won't go out and say to a random stranger that their taste in anime is terrible.
Jul 20, 2019 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
Why would I do that? That's a really unfruitful behavior.
Jul 20, 2019 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
I seriously doubt anybody who tells people they have shit taste will come out in the open and say that's what they do, because they know they will be ridiculed for it.
I don't see a reason to tell people they have shit taste:
1) It's rude, obviously.
2) There are different standards as to what makes an anime good.
3) Why should other peoples' opinions on anime make me feel negative?
Jul 20, 2019 8:01 AM
Feb 2019
LostSpectre said:

This.

Telling others that their taste is shit is because your taste is the same. In psychology is called projection.
Jul 20, 2019 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Saga22 said:
LostSpectre said:

This.

Telling others that their taste is shit is because your taste is the same. In psychology is called projection.

he doesn't have shit taste, he is just braindead
Jul 20, 2019 8:40 AM
May 2016
People who even use "shit taste" at this point just follow the asshole before them that used the term. I wonder if people think it makes them look super cool when they think everything sucks. Is it like a shock statement or something?
Anyway nah I don't judge people's opinions that's lame af.
Jul 20, 2019 8:52 AM
Jul 2013
When I was a bit younger I used to treat taste as a matter of fact and not a matter of opinion. I slightly changed my approach even if some animes look questionable for me... different people have different tastes after all, no need to constantly think whether what others like is great or "shit".
Jul 20, 2019 8:56 AM

May 2009
I'd like to take a moment to connect this thread and that thread about the annoyance of "office politics" in the anime community. (FYI the term "office politics" is OP's words, not mine.)

Also I'd like to point out one exception to the stuff I said earlier about how I use the term "shit taste"; there's one more usage: when I simultaneously declare everyone's taste to be shit. Usually in response to someone else saying that a specific person has shit taste.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 20, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2018
well mate, where i'm from, that's called being a cunt.
have a good day.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 20, 2019 9:22 AM

Mar 2012
I only hate a select few of anime but I never call out someone for liking it. I always wonder what's on their head though.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 20, 2019 9:53 AM
Dec 2017
A few things to consider before you say anything. 1st being is what someone else likes even your business to judge, 2nd are you sure you aren't the one who actually has shit taste and 3rd should you be such an arrogant cock that thinks their opionion is the only one that matters.
Jul 20, 2019 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Dude, I just gave Love Live a 10.
No one has to tell me anything, I know I have shit taste, and I embrace it.

But no, I don't usually return the favor. If that answers your question.
Jul 20, 2019 10:36 AM

Oct 2017
Not really... sometimes as a sort of half-joke where I'm just making light how different someone elses taste is to mine.

But I'm always up for debates about the quality of things, whether it be certain anime or entire genres / styles. As long as someone isn't coming across as angry or hateful, just giving their opinion on the value / quality of something and they're open to debate... then we're cool.

Some people will take reasonable criticism where people are just being analytical in an honest, open way and see that as "shit-talking".

I don't believe art should be socially enjoyed in a hug-box, but there is a blurred line between friendly disagreement / debate and just being an asshole.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jul 20, 2019 10:36 AM

Nov 2016
No because saying someone has "shit taste" doesn't bring any form of debate and is just a rude way some low self-esteem people will use to try and flex their "anime expertise"

And on that note what would you even call good taste outside of something similar to your own which at the end of the day doesn't mean anything since anyone with a different one would call yours shit as well
Jul 20, 2019 3:15 PM

May 2014
IpreferEcchi said:
Imaishi said:

No, those would be referred to as pretentious, not elitist.
Jul 20, 2019 3:29 PM

Feb 2017
Only if they

A. solely consume mainstream shows spoonfed to them by licensed redistributors, such as crunchyroll and toonami
B. restrict themselves entirely to one or two genres
C. call one show perfect and blaspheme everything else (jojofags and other "manime" children are guilty of this)
D. act like a jaded boomer and bitch about modernity and the current state of the industry, with a tendency to make inexperienced generalizations
young_kappaJul 20, 2019 3:38 PM
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Jul 20, 2019 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
There's no reason to unless they ask me "did you like ***? Still probably wouldn't use the word "shit" though.
Calling an individual "shit" is easier, because there are so many shitty people smearing by.
cHowaitoJul 20, 2019 5:27 PM
Jul 20, 2019 6:33 PM

Jul 2017
Unless I'm close to the person and they know I'm joking than no.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Jul 20, 2019 6:46 PM

Dec 2014
No.... because 1 - I never eat shit, so I don't know it's taste. 2 - I don't bite nor eat peoples...

On a serious note... How many times a day do peoples tell you, that you are a dork? Both online and in real life... There is something extremely unpleasant, to hear some obnoxious brat telling you - ''Hey, your taste is shit!'' That's not how you formulate an opinion, my friend. Peoples hate to be criticized, when they didn't ask for it, and especially in an insulting manner.
Jul 20, 2019 8:47 PM

May 2015
Shit taste doesn't exist, so no I don't.

Jul 20, 2019 9:51 PM

Sep 2014
no because i love any anime where an anime girl affectionately says"oniichan".
Jul 20, 2019 10:32 PM
๐Ÿฅš

Feb 2016
I don't with most people, but my brother? I always tell him he has shit taste. always. cause he does.

"If you want to change the future, you only need to choose now. Now, believe in yourself and break the egg."

๐ŸŒป

Anime|Manga|Last.fm|Letterboxd
Jul 21, 2019 12:23 AM

Oct 2018
I think everyone has been told that they have shit taste, if you just browse the forums a little you'll see one. There are a lot upon a hyped release.

I don't think I've said it myself though, I'm very much up for debate when it comes to anime, that's also why I add everyone to my friends list.
ใ€๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ใ€‘

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Jul 21, 2019 12:41 AM

May 2013
No because I'm not sure why you'd say that. It's just blatantly negative.

Let them enjoy their anime for Pete's sake.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 21, 2019 1:22 AM
Feb 2019
Yes, because the type of people who tell others they have shit taste in anime have shit taste in life, so I try to let them know.
Jul 21, 2019 2:45 AM

Feb 2013
No, there is absolutely no point. If they have a shit taste that means they won’t be able to appreciate what is actually good + see that what they pick is trash. In their eyes trash is good and that’s not for me to change. I learnt not to argue with idiots, complete waste of time and energy.
Unless I am already into conversation with somebody and see something completely trash, I don’t mind to give little mention. I’m very straight forward and honest, but even then it depends on the person. If after me studying that person I think he’s a complete dumbass then deffo keeping my mouth shut. But if I see that they capable of seeing things from different perspective & accepting other people’s opinions then yeah why not :)
Jul 21, 2019 2:57 AM
Aug 2018
No lets just respect each others preferences.
Jul 21, 2019 2:58 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Everyone has shit taste. That's how world works.
Jul 21, 2019 3:43 AM

Dec 2018
This thread is immensely stupid for more reasons than one

1 - We're gonna judge somebody's taste in anime by comparing a single anime? Lmao
2 - There's nobody in this world who has watched all the anime you watched and rated them the same
3 - Not everybody on this website rates the same way you do
4 - Their taste is shit because you don't agree with their rating? Feeling superior or something? Lmao
5- If this is a troll, the next time you should make a troll that is funny because it is actually funny and not because it is just stupid
Oregairu is life
Jul 21, 2019 3:57 AM

Jul 2016
InTheDatabase said:

1 - We're gonna judge somebody's taste in anime by comparing a single anime? Lmao
2 - There's nobody in this world who has watched all the anime you watched and rated them the same
4 - Their taste is shit because you don't agree with their rating? Feeling superior or something? Lmao
5- If this is a troll, the next time you should make a troll that is funny because it is actually funny and not because it is just stupid

Their taste isn't shit because I don't agree. It's because of how big the gap is between their score and mine for something that I believe I was completely fair in scoring lower than 10.

If we were, say, 1-2 points different, I wouldn't say they had shit taste.
Jul 21, 2019 5:17 AM

Dec 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
InTheDatabase said:

Their taste isn't shit because I don't agree. It's because of how big the gap is between their score and mine for something that I believe I was completely fair in scoring lower than 10.

If we were, say, 1-2 points different, I wouldn't say they had shit taste.

Even so, saying that their taste (by which I assume their likes and dislikes in anime in general) is shit just because of 1 single show is a bit silly. There's thousands of shows out there, you're gonna heavily disagree with somebody somewhere.

Funny thing is that it works the other way around as well. People who rated something much higher than you will have thought that they were completely fair in doing so and therefore think that you have shit taste. Your own 'good' taste will seem like 'shit' taste to someone else.

In the end, calling somebody out for having shit doesn't really help anyone get anywhere. Watch the shows you like and let other people watch the shows they like.
Oregairu is life
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» day 100 of watching shonen anime

GDjkhp - 4 hours ago

8 by Coaghim »»
1 minute ago

» Characters you want to sit on you / in your lap uwu

IpreferEcchi - 6 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
6 minutes ago

» One person's trash, is another person's treasure

JaaShooUhh - 58 minutes ago

4 by E-Satie »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best samurai anime

JoeChip - 1 hour ago

5 by Coaghim »»
13 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

88 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
14 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.