Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 24, 2017 10:25 PM

Nov 2016
is it weird that i find it histerical that her aunt drives a car?
Jul 24, 2017 11:50 PM

Oct 2016
Jonesy974 said:
Guarantee that if this show didn't feature monster girls it would be rated a lot higher than a 6.38.

i agree 100% with you. the author really dealt with those IFs rather than dismissing them. for example, a lazy author would just wrote "centaurs doesnt need to ride a vehicle since it has 4 legs for traveling". now this author just made a chair for centaurs just to fit in society. hell yeah. and other adjustments too. and laws too. haha.

i really like to see detailed stuffs in anime/manga. in this one, more to non-human SoL. fantasy for us, reality for them.

IMO, better than those brain-dead SoL.

please dont kill me.
LithianicJul 24, 2017 11:54 PM
Jul 25, 2017 2:05 AM

Jun 2016
What a very heartwarming episode! A youkai playing with the poor kiddo because she's so weak and alone while her sisters (I think) are playing with their friends. I didn't see that coming really.

And that scene with the kisses and such. Hahaha. Freaking in love with this anime. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 25, 2017 4:51 AM
Dec 2011
I guess I'll continue the show for Mitama.
Jul 25, 2017 11:41 AM
Mar 2012
that's much cute yuri-ing.
The kids vaing are great, just some of the teenagers have dry & rough performance, esp Mitama. She has an interesting classrep-motherly tsukkomi personality, but just the vaing is off.
That equestrian ergonomics lol, the sliding car door & two seat belts, never thought of this problem.
A hairy Minotaur supposedly bringing fortune to the little one.
Lots of eerie democracy propaganda in the bg. Again all the dialogue even shorting stocks is interesting, just the va's need work, and better side character drawings.
Jul 25, 2017 1:04 PM
Jul 2017
Their society (With the reeducation centres to stop discriminating) intrigues me I hope we'll see much more of that in the future
Jul 25, 2017 10:05 PM

Jul 2015
OMG WE GOT ACTUAL GAYS! REJOICE MY YURI LOVING FRIENDS! Unfortunately those kids are probably tainted for life now, doesn't help that the little ones don't hesitate when they see a good pair of melons, not that that's a bad thing. This is a good anime.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 25, 2017 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
Lithianic said:

please dont kill me.

Nah, you're right. Eromanga was utter trash. I mean, I enjoyed it. But it was trash.
Jul 26, 2017 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
that was cute and nice
Jul 26, 2017 9:27 AM

Jan 2015
Best episode so far but the first two were very average so nothing to sneeze at. An imporvement for sure though.
Jul 26, 2017 9:49 AM
Mar 2014
Really nice and cute episode. I find that I enjoy this anime quite a bit :)
Jul 26, 2017 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
It's certainly not the best anime out there thus far. But the characters are fun and cute.

Highlight of the episode for me was what seems to be the two gay girls who are in a healthy, happy, non-fanservice based relationship. Then again, it could just be more queer baiting. *Cough*Hibike*Cough*Cough* But considering prez referred to them as girlfriends in episode two, my hopes are up there.

Apparent yuri aside, I also just love the goat girl. Her name is escaping me at the moment, but the black haired one who was dealing out all the kisses. I think she's my favorite character so far. A shame she's so secondary, she's a lot of fun.
Jul 26, 2017 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
Lithianic said:
Jonesy974 said:
Guarantee that if this show didn't feature monster girls it would be rated a lot higher than a 6.38.

i agree 100% with you. the author really dealt with those IFs rather than dismissing them. for example, a lazy author would just wrote "centaurs doesnt need to ride a vehicle since it has 4 legs for traveling". now this author just made a chair for centaurs just to fit in society. hell yeah. and other adjustments too. and laws too. haha.

i really like to see detailed stuffs in anime/manga. in this one, more to non-human SoL. fantasy for us, reality for them.

please dont kill me.

Exactly. And the things like how the mermaid people had their own school environments and hardly even knew what other species looked like + their struggles. The author put a lot of thought into this fictional world that he really didn't have to do, but in the end it enriches the story so much more.

Eromanga-sensei was my guilty pleasure smut show of the season. I already know it gets a lot of flak lol.
Jul 27, 2017 12:12 PM

Dec 2015
I have to ask again cause for some reason my post didn't go through, but can someone explain me this?

Zashiki what? I don't understand, the girl that was playing with the little angel was one of the girls they invited, I didn't see any different kid there, and they didn't look surprised at all when the triplets looked at the room with the angel and the goat girl.

And why did tama buy an extra ice-cream after all?
Jul 27, 2017 12:17 PM

May 2015
ridley388 said:
I have to ask again cause for some reason my post didn't go through, but can someone explain me this?

Zashiki what? I don't understand, the girl that was playing with the little angel was one of the girls they invited, I didn't see any different kid there, and they didn't look surprised at all when the triplets looked at the room with the angel and the goat girl.

Zashiki Warashi

That girl playing with Sue was not invited. Her sisters didn't know who she was, but they allowed her to stay since she was making Sue happy.
Jul 27, 2017 3:23 PM

Jun 2013
Tarotist said:
ridley388 said:

Zashiki Warashi

That girl playing with Sue was not invited. Her sisters didn't know who she was, but they allowed her to stay since she was making Sue happy.

Was she realy the Zashii Warashi? Cause she were there from the beginning and they invited 6 friends or? And I made a rewatch but never spotted a 7th child. She was also seen in the ice cream scene, and she belonged to the six friends of them.

So I got a question. Is this really a shoujo ai/yuri anime? x.x Im not really enjoying the girls love part, but I always tell myself that this will not be the main focus of the series, or am I wrong?
Jul 27, 2017 4:27 PM

May 2015
Lujei said:
Tarotist said:

Zashiki Warashi

Was she realy the Zashii Warashi? Cause she were there from the beginning and they invited 6 friends or? And I made a rewatch but never spotted a 7th child. She was also seen in the ice cream scene, and she belonged to the six friends of them.

So I got a question. Is this really a shoujo ai/yuri anime? x.x Im not really enjoying the girls love part, but I always tell myself that this will not be the main focus of the series, or am I wrong?

Well Anime discussions aren't anime discussions for nothing. Time to go Evangelion deep!

As for the Shoujo Ai/Yuri aspect, it's not that the anime is a Shoujo Ai, but as I stated in my previous post, this anime's universe seems to acknowledge same-sex relationships along with interracial relationships. It's not like our world where we see homosexuality as taboo. I haven't read the manga though, so this is just my speculation. In this anime's world, homosexuality is normal to them. So you'll just have to get used to it. EQUALITY!
TarotistJul 27, 2017 4:31 PM
Jul 27, 2017 5:01 PM

Jun 2013
Tarotist said:

The form that the Zashiki Warashi must have chosen was the girl pointed in the image above, perhaps as a means to blend in with the friends without looking suspicious.

There is one more subtle hint about our seventh guest:

Notice that we never see her face. And it is not until Mitama returns that we do see her:
[/spoiler]

As for the Shoujo Ai/Yuri aspect, it's not that the anime is a Shoujo Ai, but as I stated in my previous post, this anime's universe seems to acknowledge same-sex relationships along with interracial relationships. It's not like our world where we see homosexuality as taboo. I haven't read the manga though, so this is just my speculation. In this anime's world, homosexuality is normal to them. So you'll just have to get used to it. EQUALITY!

Well I could have sworn the one playing with Sue-chan were the girl in the red dress :O Thx for the detailed explairnation

Uhm ... Well... I don't want to sound homophoic but I don't really enjoy such entertainment :/ But I guess I will have to go throug with it. I went 5 years to an all girls school and most of my friends were lesbians, and they forced their sexuality in a bad way on me. I guess from this periode came my way of thinking. I tolerate them, everybody can do what they want, but if it is a pure shojo ai anime I would have droped it. And I really hope that it is just a minimal sidepart in this funny and cute anime.
Jul 27, 2017 5:11 PM

May 2015
Lujei said:
Tarotist said:

The form that the Zashiki Warashi must have chosen was the girl pointed in the image above, perhaps as a means to blend in with the friends without looking suspicious.

There is one more subtle hint about our seventh guest:

Notice that we never see her face. And it is not until Mitama returns that we do see her:
[/spoiler]

Well I could have sworn the one playing with Sue-chan were the girl in the red dress :O Thx for the detailed explairnation

Uhm ... Well... I don't want to sound homophoic but I don't really enjoy such entertainment :/ But I guess I will have to go throug with it. I went 5 years to an all girls school and most of my friends were lesbians, and they forced their sexuality in a bad way on me. I guess from this periode came my way of thinking. I tolerate them, everybody can do what they want, but if it is a pure shojo ai anime I would have droped it. And I really hope that it is just a minimal sidepart in this funny and cute anime.

Nah, it's not shoujo ai centric. It's an episodic SoL about a Centaur's Life, so we'll only see it occasionally:

And sorry to hear about your past. I did just complete Oniisama e... Not a yuri-centric anime, but I can kind of take a guess on what you might have gone through. Though having them force themselves on you wouldn't necessarily make them your "friends" now, would they?
Jul 27, 2017 10:06 PM

Jul 2007
Tarotist said:
Lujei said:

Nah, it's not shoujo ai centric. It's an episodic SoL about a Centaur's Life, so we'll only see it occasionally:

And sorry to hear about your past. I did just complete Oniisama e... Not a yuri-centric anime, but I can kind of take a guess on what you might have gone through. Though having them force themselves on you wouldn't necessarily make them your "friends" now, would they?

Centaura's Life is absolutely 100% shoujo-Ai/yuri tho. ITs not centered on it but its a major part of the story and why people love it.
Jul 27, 2017 11:24 PM

Nov 2012
6.37 and it should go down even more in the coming weeks..., seems about right for this pure shit show.

After the yuriSHIT from this episode, I'm done as well.
Jul 28, 2017 1:06 AM

Mar 2009
Tarotist said:
Lujei said:

Well Anime discussions aren't anime discussions for nothing. Time to go Evangelion deep!

Dude, that was an incredibly detailed post. Thank you for explaining! I was confused about the zashiki warashi part as well, since the little girl was seemingly there the whole time from beginning to end, even when they were getting their ice cream later on. Makes sense the zashiki warashi took the form of the other girl to blend in. I'm an idiot.

Best episode so far. Manami's little sisters are so damn cute.
Jul 28, 2017 4:34 AM

Jul 2009
Manami's sisters are adorable! The whole interaction with Hime's cousin was pretty cute! And the yuri couple was so cute!
Jul 28, 2017 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
Tarotist said:
Lujei said:

Thats why I hope that it wont be in the center so much :x Lets see what the next episodes bring ._.

Not really anymore. AfterI had my first boyfriend they went nuts and told me that I gonna be a lesbian too and that hetero couple only **** to get children and that same sex couple have a pure love with out the force to get children ... After that I lost contact to them cause it was getting to dumb for me >-<

And yeah the summery of onisama e... sounds like my school life. wasent nice to sit with 30ty girls in a classroom and everyday we got agurments and bullying

Jul 30, 2017 7:02 AM

Apr 2009
well, very nice and down-to-earth kind of anime, i don't feel like these comes around often enough where supernatural creatures are involved; too many regular human slice-of-life

-the bathroom mist was far too distracting from what was going on tho, much sadness there ^_^'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jul 30, 2017 2:27 PM

Feb 2015
Okay, that episode was better than the last. I'll move the anime from a 4/10 to a 6/10 for now.

But it does show some inconsistency, being so different from the last episode. This anime needs to find a real identity.

The kissing joke was over-done, but I won't complain really. The sisters were cute, a welcome introduction into the anime. Clearly they aren't going for the idea of making it all about the centaur girl like the title suggested. It seems like the student council president will actually be more important given her prominence in the ED.

I will continue on with this show, but still quite sceptical.
Aug 22, 2017 5:19 AM

Nov 2009
Mirality said:
Not sure how I feel about the literal ghost story bit at the end, though. Usually it seems like they want the show to be taken seriously but then they pull something like that, which just breaks the flow.

The original manga has all sorts of things happening. Some unlikely coincidences, some supernatural, some conspiracy theories, some conspiracy theories about faking supernatural, some chapters that are like an action movie, some chapters that are like an isekai story... And they are never clearly marked as real or not.
But that's fine - it gives us a better view of what their world is like.

Tarotist said:
Lujei said:

From the manga we know that the spirit who lives in Mitama Shrine doesn't look much like the girl who played with Sue, but of course there is no reason to assume he/she/it can't transform. (we don't get to see him/her in the chapter that corresponds to this episode)
On the other hand, he/she/it has the typical "slips the mind" trait of supernatural creatures, but these things usually work better in a many-person settings like an outdoor game for 6 people.
I don't have a good grasp on the spirit's personality, so it's hard to judge by that. But my vote is that the spirit played with the kids outside, and the girl who played with Sue was a mundane person.

Jonesy974 said:

I see a lot of people saying they're dropping it, and then other people saying they understand why they're dropping it...I don't. People also keep saying this was way better than the first two episodes. I didn't see anything wrong with the first two episodes.

Well, I guess a lot of people don't like anime dealing with politics, or maybe the way this particular anime is dealing with its topics, because they perceive this anime to be on the different political side than themselves. That's not very mature, but we anime fans aren't all mature.

Jonesy974 said:
Also side note: possible uncensored centaur tiddies in the BD? That didn't look like typical mist in this episodes bath scene. Looked like straight up censor light beams.

There are some naked bathing centaurs in the manga. And naked mermaid breasts for good measure.

FallenEntity said:
finally this show answered the one question that's been bugging me since episode one and that's inter species relationships (not sure if that's the correct term but let's go with it) how would they work? would the offspring be one or the other? or would the offspring be some kind of hybrid sharing traits from both parents? Now I know the kids would resemble one of the parents with a possible hybrid if sue is anything to go by but now this raises further questions like would a mermaid/lamia be able to give birth like mammals or are they only capable of laying eggs? If so how would that couple from the previous episode have a kid? more importantly would it be a mermaid only? Damn this show makes me ask sooo many questions it's to bad school never taught me about monster biology or even monster ways of life. School why must you fail me!?

Centaur's Worries merfolk are mammals, closely related to other humans of the setting. They give live births.
flannanAug 22, 2017 5:25 AM
Sep 22, 2017 2:43 PM

Oct 2010
I also thought this episode was a lot better in comparison to the first two episodes. It was a really adorable episode, the kids were all so cute. I just love Hime's design and her kid cousin was super cute as well. I really hope the next few episodes follow suit.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Sep 24, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Episode is fun and interesting in some respects. So the character of Tama is quite different from what I had imagined. Too nice Himeno and her cousin.

Hirugiku said:

Btw that's how centaurs drive huh, very interesting.

I agree!
Oct 10, 2017 1:46 AM

Feb 2014
As if having multiple human species wasn't complicated enough, we even have Youkais now. I just hope aliens, time travelers, and espers don't show up too.

And yeah, the show has been getting better with each episode. Hopefully it continues that way.
Oct 16, 2017 7:27 PM

May 2012
Well that ending was pretty lovely! Quite liked the episode, let's see what's next.
Apr 1, 2019 3:58 PM

Aug 2018
This is a charming little series. I’m glad I picked it up.
Jul 25, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
Uncensored nipples? That was certainly unexpected to see in this show. The glasses of that father were great, nice little detail. Good episode, that warmed my heart :3
Apr 3, 2021 7:37 PM

Jan 2010
A car designed to be driven by a centaur is quite an interesting thought. That being said, it seems like they just folded down one of the seats to let the centaurs stand over. At least I think? It seems like the cars in this world should be designed to be a lot large to fit a centaur though.

Also, when Manami was walking through the convenience store, I could see shelves with food items on the very bottom. I have no idea how centaurs are supposed to reach those.

I'd like to see more societal differences in A Centaur's Life because otherwise, it's just a slice-of-life with regular people, but they just happen to have funny ears and tails. If this was just a regular comedy show, I don't think I would have minded as much. However, the show manages to bring up societal issues and be just intriguing enough to warrant some thought, and if it wants to continue doing so, I'd like it to go a little further with its world building.
May 21, 2021 5:03 AM

Feb 2020
All those yuri moments are pretty sweet.

Chiho, Chinami, and Chigusa are such a cute trio.

SerafosMay 2, 5:26 AM
Aug 10, 2022 7:37 PM
Nov 2019
Interesting. I want them to finish answering the common questions about the different races.
Mar 16, 2023 9:27 PM
Sep 2020
Aww that ep was really cute >u<

I can totally relate to Manami as an older sister myself. I always put my family, especially my younger brothers before myself. So it is really cool to see an anime character do the same, makes me really admire Manami! ପ(๑ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ๑)ଓ
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Aug 2019
the triplet cat girls are very cute. but i still cant see what this show is trying to be
(19.05 23:19)

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2017

91 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

88 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 24, 2023 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.