Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 10, 2017 1:07 PM
Sep 2012
gedata said:
I just want Akko and Diana to have a fist-fight already

Just substitute "fist-fight" with "kiss" and I am with you.
Apr 10, 2017 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
Diana is the most interesting character in this show because I don't know what path she might follow.

New OP is cool, new ED is vastly inferior.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Apr 10, 2017 2:19 PM

Sep 2012
SJ7izm said:

Pure sexual tension.

Aaaaand shipped it.

So finally we have villain huh. Took 14 episode but that is fiiiineeee.
Apr 10, 2017 2:29 PM
Nov 2016
Note how it's not a straight up parallel between Chariot/Croix and Akko/Diana.

Walking away possibly after breaking hand-hold:

Grasping hands:
Apr 10, 2017 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
traditions vs modern stuff oh this is getting serious
Apr 10, 2017 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
The new OP was poorly made.
Apr 10, 2017 3:11 PM
Oct 2016
The flying roombas were a brilliant joke, Croix seems like a good villain
Apr 10, 2017 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
Revolutionary Girl Akko.
Apr 10, 2017 4:54 PM

Feb 2013
blfan said:
gedata said:
I just want Akko and Diana to have a fist-fight already

Just substitute "fist-fight" with "kiss" and I am with you.
They already held hands in the OP you greedy fellow
Apr 10, 2017 6:01 PM
Jul 2015
fedos said:
Note how it's not a straight up parallel between Chariot/Croix and Akko/Diana.

Walking away possibly after breaking hand-hold:

Grasping hands:

Since learning Croix and Chariot were classmates and friends since the second trip to the Fountain of Polaris, the possibility exists that Croix and Chariot who were friends that became distant, Akko and Diana who started out distant will grow closer. And since it's reflected in the new OP, that gives it more ground, if it is providing foreshadowing. The previous OP did to some extent, showing Woodward and the silhouette who turns out to be Croix. We've yet to see Akko ride a broom (outside Space Patrol Luluco). The series has been annoyingly consistent about that. It seems it's more the duality between the two pairs is the parallel than individual characteristics.

redtailrav said:
Revolutionary Girl Akko.

But who would be her Anthy?
AoiHonooApr 10, 2017 6:10 PM
Apr 10, 2017 6:25 PM
Sep 2012
The way they are setting things up, Finnelan is going to be vindicate, she is going to be right, a world when Finnelan is right, I don't want to live in that world.
Apr 10, 2017 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
dis gonna get good time to fight Modern magic! Strike was funny while serving as a interesting means to showcase foreshadowing plot

Chariot getting witch NTR'd tho.. her pupil got stolen !
Apr 10, 2017 6:50 PM

Jun 2015
When is Akko going to realize Diana isn't as bad as she paints her to be? Her friends are awful, sure, but Diana herself is trustworthy and helpful.

She may come across as a little snobbish and a know-all, but so did Hermione, and I don't see anyone anywhere saying bad things about Hermione.
Apr 10, 2017 7:17 PM

Jan 2013
The new OP is nice and it seems that this 2º part will be focused on Akko x Diana.
Damn, and i was enjoying that new teacher so much... :(
Ursula almost told everything to Akko :/
I wasn't expecting anything like this, but this is very interesting.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 10, 2017 7:18 PM
Sep 2012
AnotherGuy said:
When is Akko going to realize Diana isn't as bad as she paints her to be? Her friends are awful, sure, but Diana herself is trustworthy and helpful.

She may come across as a little snobbish and a know-all, but so did Hermione, and I don't see anyone anywhere saying bad things about Hermione.

Well Akko knows, they were in a heated argument, you say stuff like that, you find the most hurtful truthful thing to win an argument, some of its true, Diana though no fault of her own mostly because of her upbringings and she doesn't know she is doing it, but she looks down on people, she thinks she knows best without thinking of how others feel, and now that is out in the open, maybe she can learn to improve herself. I don't think Diana wants to look down on people, and be on another plain than everyone else.

Diana is someone who is an Aristocrat, who doesn't understand what it is like for the common person, because she is an upper class, that is the way she was born, but she has a good heart, Akko knows it, she knows all the pressure people put on her, she was just mad at the moment.
Apr 10, 2017 8:51 PM

Nov 2011
Not even magic school is safe from strikes. I wonder if the government can decide on how much budget the school can have or if it's someone else work.
Croix sensei is kinda cool when you don't know she's planning something that can be bad and smirking in the shadows lol, can't blame Akko for falling for it.
Loved that she joined the strike, that whole part was just so amusing.
Poor Ursula, in the end she comes back to discover her work was for nothing and her pupil is about to get dragged by the dark forces.
The plot thickens.
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 10, 2017 9:05 PM

Jul 2015
Ehhhhh new opening. And Akko seems to have actually learned something, at least how the wand functions. And then she goes on strike... Though for decently good reason I guess. New teacher steps in showing off a pretty cool combination of magic and technology, which is nice because it's hard to tell how advanced their world is when all we really see is the school. It's unfortunate she seems to have also been the direct cause of the problems faced here and seems to not be a good person.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 10, 2017 9:09 PM

Aug 2007
Have really enjoyed these past two episodes, great stuff. As much as I like Diana, she was definitely in the wrong here and had that verbal beatdown coming. Hopefully she learns something from that. Way to go, comrade Akko!

Also loving this new teacher's design! Very cool look, but it's pretty clear how she orchestrated things in this conflict... gotta wonder what her ultimate motives are besides just wanting her technology implemented in the school, which seems pretty benign. Guess we'll find out.
Apr 10, 2017 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
Does anyone else suspect that it was Croix Sensei who put the anger in the workers to make them go on strike in the first place? After all, she drains away their anger at the end of the episode with her SSS machine.
Apr 11, 2017 12:40 AM
Feb 2017
Opening Intro Analysis
- The opening starts off with Akko, Lotte and Sucy holding hands leading to spiral formation to the Seven Words of Arcturus till finally a tree which I call Yggdrasil, the world tree. In mythology, Yggdrasil was this very powerful and ancient tree that held the nine realms of the Norse Mythology. As you probably read, think about this, nine worlds and the Nine Olde Witches. Probably the Nine Olde Witches and Little Witch Academia as a world has influence of the Norse and I developed a theory which I will reveal later.

- The transition from Shiny Chariot to Akko shows a lot. Chariot riding a broom through a blue colored sky till it descends to the earth with white backgrounds where Akko was. As you recall, Chariot was some sort of champion among Witches who could have saved the magic world but for some unknown reason, that didn’t happen leading to the mantle of Chariot, the Shiny Rod to be passed on to Akko. The blue skies represented the state of the world where there was some semblance of life but moving to today, we see the world is completely white showing how lifeless the world has become due to Chariot unable to fulfil her role.

- Akko and her friends standing behind Luna Nova represents that the fate of the school is in Akko’s hand but also the support of the founders themselves, the Nine Olde Witches referencing Episode 11 where Woodward entrusted Ursula to help Akko in unlocking the remaining words. Diana behind the white background references that she won’t have the support of the Nine Witches or that her goal in saving magic would result in more lifelessness or in this case, destruction. All the students that stood, lined up in the middle meant to be that their fates on whoever’s hands.

- Akko and Diana walking towards one another before walking away from one another shows the eventual clash between these two students mirroring the actions of Chariot and Croix until at the last moment, both Akko and Diana grabbed each other hands meaning Diana’s redemption of her character and siding with her rival and what might possibly be her true friend. As you have also noticed, the young versions of Chariot and Croix were shown but this time wearing white clothing which foreshadows what could possibly be their deaths or ascension to a higher plane of existence.

- Next was the ‘ready for battle’ sequence. All of Akko’s friends, her teammates, Amanda and her team, Diana and Akko herself but before I talked about Akko, I want to talk about the ley lines. If you look closer, the ley lines had what looked to be branches or roots which connects to Yggdrasil. Why is that? Well, the answer is that what we are looking at are the roots of the world tree itself. The Ley lines are the Roots of the World Tree, Yggdrasil. So, all that meant is that all the Witches and the Faeries are taking in this magical energy from one of the most ancient forces in the universe. Also, could this mean the world where Akko is having her adventures is located at one of the nine realms. However, this presents a case on what’s happening to Yggdrasil.

- We understand that magic came from somewhere, probably Yggdrasil but at some point, the magic is getting less which foretells a frightening conclusion, the world tree is dying. If that happens, all the worlds including Earth would be destroyed without Yggdrasil holding them together. That might be the purpose of Chariot. By reviving the Seven Words of Arcturus, they can revive Yggdrasil who will in turn support the worlds once more.

- Moving on to Akko. Her transformation reflects on herself. The Elephant with the giant ears, Dumbo and since Dumbo made the impossible possible reflects on that Akko could perform miracles which amazed even Diana. Akko’s transformation to a Dolphin or a Shark tells how fluid or creative Akko can be, a reference to a new generation of artist which new minds. Akko’s transformation into a phoenix references how even in defeat, Akko could still rise up and continue her goal in becoming a Witch like Shiny Chariot. Her transformation into the mouse references how even with all the power in her hands, she’s tied to the small beginnings that allowed her to become what she is today.

- Professor Woodward along with Ursula and Croix foreshadows the eventual relationship that is about to be discovered and Andrew’s presence is a reminder that even as a Witch, Akko started off as a human who has strong bonds with those around and ending with synchronization of brooms and wands informing us about a celebration that is about to come.
Apr 11, 2017 1:26 AM
Jul 2011
@fedos
Diana knows the truth about Shiny Rod. That's what she's talking about when she says Akko has other things to worry about.

Also Diana predicted that Akko will leave the academia.
Apr 11, 2017 1:41 AM

Oct 2016
Things are actually getting serious. It's fun to watch now. Loving the new OP but liked the old ED better than the new.

Pretty sure purple hair in the OP is Croix rivaling Ursula yeah? Hair changing magic must've been popular around that time. Things are getting interesting.

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Apr 11, 2017 2:38 AM
Jun 2015
It makes you wonder what Croix's past with Ursula is because you can see her cubes in episode 1. Was she a stage hand of Ursula while she did her magic shows as Shiny Chariot? It also makes you wonder what she was doing during the festival, i guess she was observing Akko and probably knows what the Grand Triskelion is like Shiny Chariot.
As far as this episode goes, Croix basically conned the entire academia into adopting her SSS system. She created the problem of the strike and then came in as the savior that brings in the solution. Akko is none of the wiser and has a new idol to look up to besides Shiny Chariot.
15poundfishApr 11, 2017 2:42 AM
Apr 11, 2017 5:05 AM
Sep 2012
I tell you Akko and Diana's relationship is one of the most interesting and complex rival relationship I have ever seen since Eriko and Rei from Idol Densetsu Eriko, they are on par with each other at least.
Apr 11, 2017 9:26 AM
Jul 2015
20Ani17Analyzer said:
Opening Intro Analysis
- Akko and her friends standing behind Luna Nova represents that the fate of the school is in Akko’s hand but also the support of the founders themselves, the Nine Olde Witches referencing Episode 11 where Woodward entrusted Ursula to help Akko in unlocking the remaining words. Diana behind the white background references that she won’t have the support of the Nine Witches or that her goal in saving magic would result in more lifelessness or in this case, destruction. All the students that stood, lined up in the middle meant to be that their fates on whoever’s hands.

- Akko and Diana walking towards one another before walking away from one another shows the eventual clash between these two students mirroring the actions of Chariot and Croix until at the last moment, both Akko and Diana grabbed each other hands meaning Diana’s redemption of her character and siding with her rival and what might possibly be her true friend. As you have also noticed, the young versions of Chariot and Croix were shown but this time wearing white clothing which foreshadows what could possibly be their deaths or ascension to a higher plane of existence.

A different interpretation could be Akko walking away from Luna Nova represents the premonition in episode 7 of Akko leaving Luna Nova to not be bound by it's traditions, as Diana is walking toward the school representing her stems in tradition. The divide between Chariot and Croix likely stems from both having their own ideas on how to save magic with Chariot actually being the more traditional one of the two. And they walked separate paths as the OP shows, never compromising due to irreconcilable differences. Akko and Dianna grasping hands shows how they will do what Chariot and Croix couldn't, and be able to come together, mending innovation and tradition. The switch between white and black between the background and uniforms during the transition also represents this contrast.
AoiHonooApr 11, 2017 9:41 AM
Apr 11, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2017
I'm telling yall, something's bout to go down and I hope to God Akko doesn't get intimidated by Croix enough to forget Ursula Sensei
Apr 11, 2017 11:33 PM

Nov 2012
akko joining the strike was hilarious.
and looks like croix is up to no good, i wonder what she's trying to achieve.
Apr 12, 2017 3:12 AM

Jun 2016
BEHOLD MARXISM-LENINISM-AKKOISM!!!!

jokes aside awesome episode. Seems like we're actually getting a PLOT here, so that's fucking nice too. Shit gets real.
THE SMITHS ARE THE BEST BAND
Apr 12, 2017 5:14 AM
Feb 2017
What might be mind blowing is that the place where Luna Nova is and Akko is having her entire class is in one of the nine realms of Norse cosmology. Probably Vanaheimr as it is home to the Vanir, group of gods associated with fertility, wisdom, nature, magic, and the ability to see the future.
Apr 12, 2017 9:47 AM
Sep 2012
Notice of late karma has been finding Hannah and Barbara. They used to get away with stuff, as of late we had Akko's little prank, what happened in the shower, I am starting to like them now, if the 2nd coun they become Team Rocket like comic relief characters, I am down with that. I always loved Barbara design, but as a character you know, but that is the thing about these types of characters, they are okay if karma finds them. Though I do want to see them apart just once, and get something to set them apart from each other beyond one likes Nightfall and the other doesn't.
Apr 12, 2017 9:55 AM

Apr 2014
the start of the second half of the series and its off to a great start first though really love the new opening and ending

also im really loving the change in tone for the second season how things are about to get abit more serious overall things are getting really good cant wait for the next ep
"one step at a time"
Apr 12, 2017 11:03 AM
Jan 2014
Oh baby that sax in the beginning :000
Diana x Akko
Apr 12, 2017 3:06 PM

Oct 2011
modern magic omg
Croix taking over. Ursala sensei 😭
Apr 12, 2017 4:08 PM

Oct 2014
The start of the new opening sounded like pikachuuuu!

That Cruix lady is kinda giving me Ragyou vibes
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Apr 12, 2017 4:22 PM
Sep 2012
Well all thinking the same thing, Croix go home, spent time with your family, and maybe your son won't be such a prick, I heard he got into a fight at school today.
Apr 12, 2017 5:55 PM

Jan 2013
Of course this will be evil.
Interesting development, feel like I've seen it before.
Apr 13, 2017 4:50 AM
Jul 2018
Just like most anime that have 2 season (>=11 episodes each) or 1 season (>=20 episodes) where the series become great at 2nd cour, Little Witch Academia just become more interesting.
OP and ED far better and i feel that this arc will be better than other arc.
Apr 13, 2017 5:09 AM
Aug 2016
2 of the prophecy given in Ep 11 already seen

6 left... cant wait
what will happen to Professor Ursula and Croix toward Akko..
Apr 13, 2017 11:05 AM

Jul 2009
The new OP it's pretty nice.
Well it was clear that the workers had help and Croix is planning something evil, guess she and Chariot were rivals in the past.
Apr 13, 2017 11:24 AM
Jan 2010
tbh the "old magic" is bullshit anyway that has to rely on a shitty stone
Apr 13, 2017 12:07 PM
Jan 2017
okay then
This time things are getting more serious
the way those workers are doing strike, Croix saved the day and "Good Job" and "Preparation Completed" said by Croix after she did that, obviously, somethings are not right in here. and the way she act are like allmost every villains doing. But even so, for now i just want to keep my eyes on her.
and ofc in my opinion. The way Diana Reacting to Akko are kinda cute xD

Apr 13, 2017 5:25 PM

Sep 2009
15poundfish said:
It makes you wonder what Croix's past with Ursula is because you can see her cubes in episode 1. Was she a stage hand of Ursula while she did her magic shows as Shiny Chariot? It also makes you wonder what she was doing during the festival, i guess she was observing Akko and probably knows what the Grand Triskelion is like Shiny Chariot.
As far as this episode goes, Croix basically conned the entire academia into adopting her SSS system. She created the problem of the strike and then came in as the savior that brings in the solution. Akko is none of the wiser and has a new idol to look up to besides Shiny Chariot.

You're right. How could I forget! Maybe Chariot couldn't save her friend from the Dark Side and went emo.
akiba-keiApr 13, 2017 5:36 PM
Apr 14, 2017 6:16 AM
Sep 2012
Episode 15 preview spoiler speculation this is BIG

blfanApr 14, 2017 5:13 PM
Apr 14, 2017 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
Preview is out lads

Apr 14, 2017 4:34 PM
Feb 2017
blfan said:
Episode 15 preview spoiler speculation this is BIG

I've looked into the pictures and will provide my insight onto the matter.

http://tv.littlewitchacademia.jp/cor...jpg?1492139388

The first picture shows what could probably be Croix introducing herself to her new students including Akko.

Diana is reading a book on past students. Its unknown if Finnelan told her to look into Croix's background or Diana also suspected that something felt off with Croix. Alternatively, it could be her finding more about Chariot referring back when she eavesdropped on Akko and actually agreed with her that by finding clues regarding the connection between Chariot, the Shiny Rod and the Arcturus Forest, it will solve one of the bigger mysteries on what is happening in the magical world.

It would seem Amanda isn't fond of the class due to how complex the class is. Another added foreshadowing is the picture on the ipad. If you hadn't noticed, the picture resembles the World Tree. I've made a previous theory regarding the Witches and Faeries drawing their power from the World Tree, Yggdrasil. Of course, there are different variations of the tale but i'll explain it to you on what the circles represent from top to bottom. The first three represent Musspellheim, Liossalheim, Vanaheim. The middle represents Midgard, our home Earth. The bottom portion represents Jotonheim, Svartalheim and Niflheim. However the only two realms that are missing are Asgard and Hel. Although it might be telling us what Croix is planning.

Akko looks extremely ecstatic possibly learnign that Croix knew Chariot which might be leading up to the main plot where Croix has her hands on Akko and is subjecting her to a probe of sort to look into her memories.

Another of Chariot's past has been revealed and it shows Chariot receiving the Shiny Rod and confirms that the Rod came from the Arcturus Forest.

Croix's expression shows how cold hearted she is probably when probing Akko.

Akko's past is shown and it's actually adorable in seeing Little Akko playing with a broom showing the level of love she has for Shiny Chariot.

Ursula turning back into Chariot. You don't mess with Chariot's student. Croix went all out war on Chariot but she won't stop until Akko is safe.

Diana might have found out about the truth behind the connection although judging by her face, it would seem that its a shocking one. Although a theory but it might be that every user of the Shiny Rod will have to sacrifice themselves in order to reactivate the Grand Triskellion and with that knowledge, Diana would want to have the Shiny Rod even more as she didn't want anyone especially Akko to hold that responsibility leaving her to be manipulated by Croix in the near future.

The picture showed what might be the episode nearing its end but i predict that Ursula will withheld the truth about her identity for now. After what happened, Akko's faith in either Croix, Chariot or both might have been shattered but Ursula will always be there to comfort Akko during her darkest hours.
Apr 14, 2017 5:14 PM
Apr 2017
I am really excited that this anime has expanded into a full tv series. It has become my favorite anime tv series! I really hope Akko discovers the truth about Chariot soon. She deserves to know..
Apr 15, 2017 2:11 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
New OP was alright, ED was eh.

At first I wasn't digging the episode because it felt like a cheap way to extend the plot and delay when Ursula will finally reveal who she is. But then as it introduced Croix-sensei I began to understand why it was all happening to begin with. She clearly wants to use the Sorcerer's Stone for herself or wants to mass produce her new modern magic to the world.

Ursula and Croix obviously have a past and have a similar relationship to Akko and Diana it seems. I like how Croix-sensei looks, she's sexy. I'm still cheering for Ursula-sensei to get Akko back!

Looks like the plot is now in full motion.
Apr 15, 2017 6:31 AM
Sep 2012
Well if Ursula and Croax are suppose to the previous generation Akko and Diana, do you know what that means? It means Akko is going to win the broom race next year.
Apr 15, 2017 2:44 PM
Apr 2016
I found that small part in the op where it switches from Chariot and Croix walking away from each other to Akko and Diana seemingly doing the same but grabbing onto each other's hands. I just feel like it's very apparent that instead of how Chariot and Croix obviously grew apart, Akko and Diana will come closer together and it'll make them stronger in the end because of it (like the power of friendship, but gay) along with letting them not repeat the mistakes of the past making Akko and Diana's relationship mirror Chariot and Croix's and also giving it a "what could've been"
Apr 15, 2017 5:37 PM
Sep 2012
mudkiip said:
I found that small part in the op where it switches from Chariot and Croix walking away from each other to Akko and Diana seemingly doing the same but grabbing onto each other's hands. I just feel like it's very apparent that instead of how Chariot and Croix obviously grew apart, Akko and Diana will come closer together and it'll make them stronger in the end because of it (like the power of friendship, but gay) along with letting them not repeat the mistakes of the past making Akko and Diana's relationship mirror Chariot and Croix's and also giving it a "what could've been"

I agree and I am hoping they execute much better than Naruto did. I don't think after they defeat Croix that Diana is going try to do something evil for some stupid reason.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Are the OVA and Mahoujikake no Parade part of the canon?

JustSomeone15 - 3 hours ago

4 by redtutel »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

160 by mineandcraft »»
May 25, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

117 by JVskunkape »»
May 22, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.